Eleonore Florence Marie - Lecocq

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the chart:

Lawyer = someone who holds a law degree and works as anything but. An example = a doctor is someone who went med school and now works at Starbucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For the chart:

Lawyer = someone who holds a law degree and works as anything but. An example = a doctor is someone who went med school and now works at Starbucks.
I don’t know if this is applicable to the field of law, but I’m a mechanical engineer by education and license, however I currently work in finance, not at all in mechanical engineering anymore, not for years. BUT I still consider and call myself a mechanical engineer, and I still hold the state licensure.

I DON’T go around bragging about my “busy mech engineery lifestyle” (Elle: “busy, lawyerly lifestyle”) or claim to be employed as a mechanical engineer at my company (Elle: “I’m in-house counsel at a securities regulator”). But I do continue to call myself a mechanical engineer, as do all my colleagues who now work outside the ME field.

Does it not work that way in law?

Reactions: 3
I can only imagine what a calculating manipulative witch Eleanor is IRL. We've seen snatches of that in her passive-aggressive comments to her subscribers, of all people (aka the only people buying her wares). I do think she's selfish and spoiled, but her rottenness goes deeper. I see her acting fake friendly, but then holding tit over people's heads (not literally... although, you never know 😂). I see her trying to get revenge on those she feels have wronged her. You can tell how much she cares about other people's opinions about her life decisions. I'm sure she reads here religiously and fumes at the truth we speak 😂. I see her manipulating her lovers into all manner of scenarios, and always ready to throw another under the bus in order to make herself look innocent. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her, and I'm sure her "friends" sense that tit too.

After awhile, she can't hide these aspects of her personality from her suitors. Which is why all her relationships implode eventually. I don't see a marriage lasting more than 5 years, unless the guy has no amount of self-worth. She'll probably end up with an older dude who is a socially awkward loser and any other non-desperate woman wouldn't give him the time of day. No truly ELIGIBLE bachelor will put up with her twisted psyche for long.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t know if this is applicable to the field of law, but I’m a mechanical engineer by education and license, however I currently work in finance, not at all in mechanical engineering anymore, not for years. BUT I still consider and call myself a mechanical engineer, and I still hold the state licensure.

I DON’T go around bragging about my “busy mech engineery lifestyle” (Elle: “busy, lawyerly lifestyle”) or claim to be employed as a mechanical engineer at my company (Elle: “I’m in-house counsel at a securities regulator”). But I do continue to call myself a mechanical engineer, as do all my colleagues who now work outside the ME field.

Actually, now that I think about it “lawyer” is really a job role, not a degree, right? So technically she could continue to call herself a “JD” (not sure if she is one) and that would be correct, but not “lawyer” since she ISN’T A LAWYER. I think? Like someone with a PhD is still Dr. XYZ, but not a “lawyer” if working at Starbucks currently. Someone who knows, please weigh in.

She'll probably end up with an older dude who is a socially awkward loser and any other non-desperate woman wouldn't give him the time of day. No truly ELIGIBLE bachelor will put up with her twisted psyche for long.
Rick T. Miller

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Actually, now that I think about it “lawyer” is really a job role, not a degree, right? So technically she could continue to call herself a “JD” (not sure if she is one) and that would be correct, but not “lawyer” since she ISN’T A LAWYER. I think? Like someone with a PhD is still Dr. XYZ, but not a “lawyer” if working at Starbucks currently. Someone who knows, please weigh in.

Rick T. Miller
I agree with your point, my dad is a ceramic engineer but mostly does sourcing now, when people ask it is is easier to say he is a ceramic engineer, same for other engineers I know who don't directly engineer anymore, being an engineer helps them with their job. But I think in elle's case a lawyer is a job title. In a case where you have to be licensed to work in that area I think calling yourself a lawyer when you don't have that job title is wrong. There are lots of healthcare jobs where pharmacists, nurses, physicians etc can work and aren't doing typical day work to what you expect, but in their job description it still requires you to be licensed to do that job. In those cases you are still a physician or nurse or pharmacist, bc your job requires that for you to keep your license do your job. With elle's job yeah it helps that she did law degrees but it isnt necessary and when you have a job where you have to pass the bar/board/licensure exam and you do a job that doesn't require that licensure that's when I think you can't really call yourself xyz.

I feel like it is a very fine line and maybe a bit pedantic but that's how I feel. If she was in house counsel that would apply to like the healthcare jobs I mentioned but she's not even in-house counsel.

Also if she couldn't make it with Rick, she won't make it with anyone, but that's just my opinion

Cap.JPG

I guess she really does want everyone to know she's really dedicated to Seattle...and notice how she now has removed the "young lawyer" part and changed it to "young professional"...haha except she's jobless (for almost a year now!).
Her full time job now consists of watching Netflix, online hunting men/dating, eating pasta, online shopping, and making it look as if she is such a professional.

Also she's either buying subscribers or she gained some from her brad mondo haircut video. That video was honestly pretty boring in my opinion, but I'm sure some Brad Mondo fans were intrigued. Either way, most people (except for hardcore fans and Vera's of this world) will quickly find her to be empty and without much substance. She used to be intriguing when she was in Vancouver and had an actual job...now she's just another woman trying to hop on the beauty/lifestyle guru bandwagon when it's just too late.

And yes, I'm sure Elle read here. Sorry Elle, but you've made a lot of poor decisions in your life that led you to where you are now. I'm sure you will continue to try to "prove" the haters wrong, but you won't be able to. People (like me) have genuinely tried to give you helpful advice, but you just think of them all as "haters". You are literally the butt of people's jokes and yet you won't change.

Reactions: 10
To call yourself a lawyer, you MUST pass the bar. But in almost all jurisdictions, you are additionally required to pass a second exam called the MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam), which is basically a test on lawyers' ethics and standards of conduct. Without passing BOTH of those exams, one cannot call themselves a lawyer as they have not met the prerequisites to practice law in their respective jurisdiction. After you pass these two exams, you get sworn-in to the State Bar (some Bar Associations do HUGE swearing-in ceremonies, but you can always do a private ceremony with a judge who may have been a mentor to you). Then you get your bar card, and congrats, you're a full-fledged attorney!

To your point, anyone who doesn't take the above-described steps can certainly refer to themselves as a "law graduate" since they at least obtained a JD. But they cannot hold themselves out to be an attorney, and even risk criminal consequences for doing so. Hope that helps!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm surprised Rick and her didn't work out and he basically cancelled her on Instagram. Brutal 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why is she still calling herself a 'young professional'? She's not old, but she's nearly a decade into her 'career' at this point. To me, a young professional is someone who is in their first graduate job/first few years of their career or is perhaps pursuing post-grad education in relation to a specific profession. There are lots of people at my firm who are senior associates and on their way to becoming partner by their early/mid 30s.

Reactions: 9
Why is she still calling herself a 'young professional'? She's not old, but she's nearly a decade into her 'career' at this point. To me, a young professional is someone who is in their first graduate job/first few years of their career or is perhaps pursuing post-grad education in relation to a specific profession. There are lots of people at my firm who are senior associates and on their way to becoming partner by their early/mid 30s.
Lol! Basically you’re saying she ain’t young OR professional 😂

Agree, by the time you’re the better part of a decade into working post-grad (assuming she started working as soon as she finished grad school in 2011, if she were still employed she’d be almost 9 years in by now), you’re not a young professional anymore. You’re just a professional. And she’s not working, so she’s not that either 😂

Yikes, looking back on it, she’s a full two years older than me, but because I skipped a grade and also finished my grad degree early because my parents were paying out of pocket and I didn’t want them to spend a single cent more than needed, I’ve been in the workforce for about the same time as Elle. All of my peers are VPs, Senior Consultants, Directors, Team Leads, etc. by now (30/31 yo this year) and Elle’s stringing Alibaba plastic beads in a Mommy-funded apartment at her worst, and an entry-level paper-pusher at her best. And yet she’s still superior to all of us...?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hands down the reason she moved to Seattle is because it sounds cool, hip and trendy. None of those adjectives describe Granny Eleanor.

Reactions: 6
Hands down the reason she moved to Seattle is because it sounds cool, hip and trendy. None of those adjectives describe Granny Eleanor.
100% she's running around town playing dress up in tie dye and chunky sandals, YET AGAIN like she did as a Florida resident in Lily and as a lawyer in blazers and dresses, as what? In house counsel at a tech company? Okay Eleanore Lecocq.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I guess she really does want everyone to know she's really dedicated to Seattle...and notice how she now has removed the "young lawyer" part and changed it to "young professional"...haha except she's jobless (for almost a year now!).
Her full time job now consists of watching Netflix, online hunting men/dating, eating pasta, online shopping, and making it look as if she is such a professional.

Agree, with everyone above, at 30+ and almost a decade into her career I'm not sure "young" applies anymore honey... 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

I agree with your point, my dad is a ceramic engineer but mostly does sourcing now, when people ask it is is easier to say he is a ceramic engineer, same for other engineers I know who don't directly engineer anymore, being an engineer helps them with their job. But I think in elle's case a lawyer is a job title. In a case where you have to be licensed to work in that area I think calling yourself a lawyer when you don't have that job title is wrong. There are lots of healthcare jobs where pharmacists, nurses, physicians etc can work and aren't doing typical day work to what you expect, but in their job description it still requires you to be licensed to do that job. In those cases you are still a physician or nurse or pharmacist, bc your job requires that for you to keep your license do your job. With elle's job yeah it helps that she did law degrees but it isnt necessary and when you have a job where you have to pass the bar/board/licensure exam and you do a job that doesn't require that licensure that's when I think you can't really call yourself xyz.

I feel like it is a very fine line and maybe a bit pedantic but that's how I feel. If she was in house counsel that would apply to like the healthcare jobs I mentioned but she's not even in-house counsel.

Also if she couldn't make it with Rick, she won't make it with anyone, but that's just my opinion
I agree with this analysis and also the assertion that it is a bit pedantic, but it's still a commonly-held belief in the industry. I graduated law school and then had a few months before I could take the bar, and my mom would joke that I was a lawyer, but it was truly uncomfortable to refer to myself as that when I didn't yet have my license. And I wouldn't refer to myself as that when people asked. It was always "I'm in the process of licensure." Because the job requires the license, the idea is that a person who is qualified to "lawyer" is someone who has passed these certain milestones and has proven themself in this way. So when a person doesn't have the licensure or isn't doing the job that the licensure allows them to do, it's almost like "because you have the license which is supposed to mean you're qualified to do X, and then you choose to go and do Y, then how can you say you're X because you're choosing to do less than you're qualified to." I think because lawyers are required to have the license, we take the license seriously.

For me, being a lawyer is about more than the degree I have. It's a way of thinking and a way of life. Law school works because it tears down the way you think and completely restructures your brain to think "like a lawyer." And this may sound ridiculous, but it's true. On my first day of law school, we were all excited and my professor just punched the tit out of us and goes, "Once this is over, you will have the power to sentence someone to death. The power to bankrupt someone. The power to change people's lives completely for the better and for the worst. If you can't respect this power and also the responsibility that comes with it, then you need to leave now." That's stayed with me completely. I take this job seriously, and it's frustrating to me how Elle throws it around as a marketing tool to make herself look impressive.

That's my experience. I'm interested in varying opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree with this analysis and also the assertion that it is a bit pedantic, but it's still a commonly-held belief in the industry. I graduated law school and then had a few months before I could take the bar, and my mom would joke that I was a lawyer, but it was truly uncomfortable to refer to myself as that when I didn't yet have my license. And I wouldn't refer to myself as that when people asked. It was always "I'm in the process of licensure." Because the job requires the license, the idea is that a person who is qualified to "lawyer" is someone who has passed these certain milestones and has proven themself in this way. So when a person doesn't have the licensure or isn't doing the job that the licensure allows them to do, it's almost like "because you have the license which is supposed to mean you're qualified to do X, and then you choose to go and do Y, then how can you say you're X because you're choosing to do less than you're qualified to." I think because lawyers are required to have the license, we take the license seriously.

For me, being a lawyer is about more than the degree I have. It's a way of thinking and a way of life. Law school works because it tears down the way you think and completely restructures your brain to think "like a lawyer." And this may sound ridiculous, but it's true. On my first day of law school, we were all excited and my professor just punched the tit out of us and goes, "Once this is over, you will have the power to sentence someone to death. The power to bankrupt someone. The power to change people's lives completely for the better and for the worst. If you can't respect this power and also the responsibility that comes with it, then you need to leave now." That's stayed with me completely. I take this job seriously, and it's frustrating to me how Elle throws it around as a marketing tool to make herself look impressive.

Not on the first day of law school but rather Orientation Day, all the Deans gave brief speeches welcoming my class to the school, etc. We were all floating on a cloud, all bright-eyed, bushy-tailed idealists thinking we were going to save the world.

Then the last Dean to speak that morning approached the podium and said to all of us, "Take a good look around at your fellow classmates. Half of you probably won't make it through the first year," and then he sat down. Needless to say, that definitely brought all of us down a peg or two. 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Elle definitely has never been humbled before or taken down a peg. I really think she would benefit from that, but with a mom who blows smoke up her ass all the time, she doesn't have a chance to reflect.

We had a similar talk in pharmacy school early on about how a mistake can kill someone. And how pharmacists, dentists, and anesthesiologists are the most susceptible to substance abuse. They reminded us we aren't infallible, you get over worked and understaffed and you still need to do your best to protect the ungrateful public. Really makes you think about the level of responsibility that license holds.

Elle doesn't get any of that it is all legally blonde in her mind. In fact, in one of her old QandA videos she even mentions her life going to school for law "was like legally brunette" :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

For me, I think once you go through the required education and are actually licensed, then you are a lawyer. It is such a right of passage that after going through all that hard work, I wouldn't want anyone taking that away from me just because I don't fit what they think of as a lawyer.

For example, as in-house counsel my job looks very different from what many may think of as a lawyer. Much of my work has been the same as work I did when I was a paralegal (the difference just being that I don't have an attorney directing my actions). In fact, I would say only about 60% of the questions I get asked by the business are truly legal in nature. I have never been to court and, although technically I could because I am licensed, I certainly never would say that is something I have the skills to do. That's what we hire outside counsel for. There are just different types of lawyers, but the commonality is the required education, testing, and licensure maintenance requirements.

Reactions: 2
For me, I think once you go through the required education and are actually licensed, then you are a lawyer. It is such a right of passage that after going through all that hard work, I wouldn't want anyone taking that away from me just because I don't fit what they think of as a lawyer.

For example, as in-house counsel my job looks very different from what many may think of as a lawyer. Much of my work has been the same as work I did when I was a paralegal (the difference just being that I don't have an attorney directing my actions). In fact, I would say only about 60% of the questions I get asked by the business are truly legal in nature. I have never been to court and, although technically I could because I am licensed, I certainly never would say that is something I have the skills to do. That's what we hire outside counsel for. There are just different types of lawyers, but the commonality is the required education, testing, and licensure maintenance requirements.
@LegalEagle5 So I’m now a corporate litigator, but before I was a commercial transactional attorney, which I believe is a lot like in-house but for a multitude of clients as opposed to one. And I still consider that the work of a lawyer. In fact, it never crossed my mind that it wasn’t because I was hired as a “lawyer,” paid like a lawyer, and someone without a law degree and certification could not have done the job. So I didn’t at all mean to imply that in-house is not a real lawyer job. I think it’s a job most lawyers would love! But you’re still a lawyer. I just see a difference between doing that and say, working as an interior designer and saying you’re a lawyer because you have a law degree.

Reactions: 4
@actuallawyer No worries, I didn't even take it that way. I was just building on the ideas put out there with the perspective I have. I actually always joke with people I know that if they get into any serious trouble, they can't expect me to bail them out...they need to call an "actual lawyer".

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.