Eleonore Florence Marie - Lecocq

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I'm not saying i'm superior to Elle or anybody on any forum. The point I'm trying to make is her so-called 'better-off social economical status' doesn't justify her shopaholic behavior. It's really excessive.

I have a sense that most of her followers are not in a position where they can tell how many dresses a so-called 'girlboss' actually need. They probably don't know any real person comparable to Elle's online persona.
I think it's safe to say most of us are in a better situation than Elle, whether we're still employed, or have partners with careers, children, or a permanent home. Elle has her cats that can't leave her

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also I'm not saying i'm superior to Elle or anybody on any forum. The point I'm trying to make is her so-called 'better-off social economical status' doesn't justify her shopaholic behavior. It's really excessive.

I have a sense that most of her followers are not in a position where they can tell how many dresses a so-called 'girlboss' actually need. They probably don't know any real person comparable to Elle's online persona.
This!!! Elle is convinced that shopping excessively is a sign of being of a certain class. Um, no. Quite the opposite, if anything. There’s nothing wrong with buying expensive things if you can afford them. But nobody needs that many dresses, especially if they don’t even have a social life.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As a fan of the boho style, I've always preferred Free People to Reformation style wise but each to their own. But Reformation doesn't suit Elle's style or body shape at all. Strange choice but I guess she listened to our suggestions saying she needs to haul stuff to get people watching so that's something I guess :ROFLMAO:

Also we need a new thread/title before this one explodes - any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She said she wanted to get a dress with lemon Capri-style print but it was sold out, but will buy it once it comes back in stock. She already has one!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She said she wanted to get a dress with lemon Capri-style print but it was sold out, but will buy it once it comes back in stock. She already has one!
Probably cause it looks like a good knockoff of the lemon prints D&G did a few years back? And a nod to her "Italian heritage." :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Probably cause it looks like a good knockoff of the lemon prints D&G did a few years back? And a nod to her "Italian heritage." :ROFLMAO:
That's what she said in the haul when she was pulling out fruit dresses a few years back. Ded.

• Haha
Nobody needs that many dresses. She literally just hauled $1000 worth of dresses.

I live in NYC (as many of you beautiful lurkers), two years younger than Elle, go out a lot (well, not now). I make a very decent 6 digit income and hold a title which most 'not-so-young' professionals like me and Elle should hold 8 years into our career. Also I consider myself quite fashionable.

Social support wise - my parents are doing OK and my fiance is more like Chris material. So basically i'm Elle but better.

Still, I can only justify buying one Reformation dress every year and consider that pretty generous budget already.

Also, I hate the materials for most Reformation dresses. Ethical and environmental friendly? Perhaps. Comfort? Hell no.
Haha this is great. Describes me too, other than the NYC and fashionable part (I admittedly am not fashionable — I prefer athleisure/no makeup on my days off). My husband is a software engineer and I work in finance. But we’re in the Midwest, so our salaries are way above anything necessary for a comfortable life here. But I haven’t bought any clothing/makeup/accessories for the past two years because I’m on my second investment property now, and my third by the end of the year. Don’t need a 28th capsule wardrobe as much as Elle obviously does.

Haha this is great. Describes me too, other than the NYC and fashionable part (I admittedly am not fashionable — I prefer athleisure/no makeup on my days off). My husband is a software engineer and I work in finance. But we’re in the Midwest, so our salaries are way above anything necessary for a comfortable life here. But I haven’t bought any clothing/makeup/accessories for the past two years because I’m on my second investment property now, and my third by the end of the year. Don’t need a 28th capsule wardrobe as much as Elle obviously does.
ETA: I really am not fashionable. I have a hard time knowing what goes with what, other than a white tshirt and jeans, and still probably don’t accessorize well. I can honestly say I really don’t know what I’m doing. So when you guys talk fashion on here I’m the one going 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That's what she said in the haul when she was pulling out fruit dresses a few years back. Ded.
AHAHAHAHA I did not know that! The comedy just writes itself :ROFLMAO:

So after all your comments I gave in and checked out the video and wow, she doesn't really bring out the boho style at all. Like someone mentioned above, literally the most matronly styles/patterns she could've found (or maybe that's just how it fits on her?). Also what's with all the close-ups of her boobs and pushing her chest out in every dress? :eek:

Also she does mention she has family in Naples after the lemon dress comment :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
@LetThemEatLipstick: I'm sure you're a lot more fashionable than you give yourself credit for! Tbh athleisure/jeans and a simple top in muted colors with minimal make up and sunglasses seems to be the look a lot of models go for anyways so you're in good company. At least you're not wearing your grandmother's curtains and pushing your boobs out with pageant hair and makeup :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@LetThemEatLipstick: I'm sure you're a lot more fashionable than you give yourself credit for! Tbh athleisure/jeans and a simple top in muted colors with minimal make up and sunglasses seems to be the look a lot of models go for anyways so you're in good company. At least you're not wearing your grandmother's curtains and pushing your boobs out with pageant hair and makeup :ROFLMAO:
You’re very kind! Haha I wish I saw it that way, but I start sweating when I think about how cool most people my age and beyond dress. And it’s not like I don’t try (lately I’ve stopped though, not like I’m going anywhere), I just don’t have the eye to create and match outfits, and I know it’s an art/skill that some people are born with/cultivate over years of effort. I really don’t have the eye for it. But thank you for your kind encouragement!

I can’t watch Elle’s fashion videos because I get nothing out of them other than sleep — I can’t contribute to the fashion commentary the way many here can. But I so enjoy reading the reviews! 🤣

• Haha
You’re very kind! Haha I wish I saw it that way, but I start sweating when I think about how cool most people my age and beyond dress. And it’s not like I don’t try (lately I’ve stopped though, not like I’m going anywhere), I just don’t have the eye to create and match outfits, and I know it’s an art/skill that some people are born with/cultivate over years of effort. I really don’t have the eye for it. But thank you for your kind encouragement!

I can’t watch Elle’s fashion videos because I get nothing out of them other than sleep — I can’t contribute to the fashion commentary the way many here can. But I so enjoy reading the reviews! 🤣
Dead @ the sleep comment. 😂

I think if you feel uncomfortable coming up with your own outfits or just not particularly interested in thinking about it, it helps to find people with your body shape who are around a similar height and take inspiration from what they're wearing! I'm on the taller side with a slightly boyish figure so I really like a lot of the boho or model off-duty styles because it's easy, comfortable, and I feel like it works for my body. I also know that I would never be able to pull off something that Scarlett Johansson or JLo wears and that's ok. It's all about trial and error :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I think this is how the second dress is suppose to look, but Elle just looks like she's drowning and wide at the same time...she just looks off.

And her hair looks stringy and thin?

• Haha
Dead @ the sleep comment. 😂

I think if you feel uncomfortable coming up with your own outfits or just not particularly interested in thinking about it, it helps to find people with your body shape who are around a similar height and take inspiration from what they're wearing! I'm on the taller side with a slightly boyish figure so I really like a lot of the boho or model off-duty styles because it's easy, comfortable, and I feel like it works for my body. I also know that I would never be able to pull off something that Scarlett Johansson or JLo wears and that's ok. It's all about trial and error :)
If I may add, stick to neutrals and solid colors. If you must wear a print, pick stripes, polka dots, or gingham, or at least wear small prints with just two or three colors max. Keep makeup to a minimum. This way, you can’t go wrong. And whatever you do, don’t follow any of Elle’s fashion “advice” —watch her only for the entertainment (not that you needed to hear that)!

• Heart
View attachment 141091

Thoughts on newest video:
-I suppose her channel has now turned into one mainly revolving around hauls and beauty, since she has no other content
-of course she needs another haul to satisfy her inner shopaholic
-the dresses are not flattering on her and are not very versatile in terms of wear-ability (aka you can only wear them on specific occasions).
-congrats on picking some of the worst prints from their dresses
-she looks awkward in those dresses and downright scary in some shots...please see photo above.

I caption it as "Hello, I am Eleanor...date me and see how I can be an amazing Stepford wife just for you, my sweet love...I will wait perfectly poised like this for you to come home to every night" said in her most robotic tone possible.
She looks like a robot just booting up!!

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 3.41.26 PM.png

Ummmmm... remember when she said "I don't color my hair, this is all my natural colour..."
Then what's with all the re-growth Elle??? LOL. I'm sure she doesn't have a ton of gray to cover, but whatever product she used during quarantine had a different reaction to the previously colored hair and it's VERY noticable! lol!!!!!
Hey Elle, how are you going to spin this, LIAR!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.