Eleonore Florence Marie - Lecocq

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@actuallawyer No worries, I didn't even take it that way. I was just building on the ideas put out there with the perspective I have. I actually always joke with people I know that if they get into any serious trouble, they can't expect me to bail them out...they need to call an "actual lawyer".
@LegalEagle5 My friend is a real estate lawyer and says the same thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Diverging for a moment: Thank you to the lawyers in this thread for sharing your fascinating perspectives and law school stories. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t know if this is applicable to the field of law, but I’m a mechanical engineer by education and license, however I currently work in finance, not at all in mechanical engineering anymore, not for years. BUT I still consider and call myself a mechanical engineer, and I still hold the state licensure.

I DON’T go around bragging about my “busy mech engineery lifestyle” (Elle: “busy, lawyerly lifestyle”) or claim to be employed as a mechanical engineer at my company (Elle: “I’m in-house counsel at a securities regulator”). But I do continue to call myself a mechanical engineer, as do all my colleagues who now work outside the ME field.

Does it not work that way in law?
As far as I know (and correct me if I’m wrong please), Elle graduated from Durham University with an LLB, wrote the NCA equivalency exams when she returned to Canada, then was officially called to the Canadian bar (I think she still has that video up where she was called in the Vancouver courthouse). She got her job as an Investigator with MFDA and worked there for five years before moving to Florida with Rick.

While a law degree wasn’t required for her to be an Investigator, it was strongly encouraged and MFDA even went as far as paying her membership dues with the BC Law Society as well as the fees associated with taking CPD courses to keep her membership current. She hasn’t renewed her membership since her breakup with Rick and settlement in Seattle (I checked the BC Law Society directory...and she doesn’t have a reason to as she’s made it abundantly clear that she won’t be returning to Vancouver).

So while Elle technically was a Canadian lawyer (i.e. she had the requisite degree, wrote the requisite tests, got called to the bar, and maintained her status in good standing), the main issue was her passing off her investigator job as an in-house counsel job aka the lawyer on record representing the MFDA in litigation matters. She exaggerated her investigator job as one that’s on the same level as Joe’s traditional lawyer job.

While it might’ve been easier for her to just say “I work as in-house counsel in securities law” as a catch-all phrase, she always seemed reluctant to really get into the nature of her work (without disclosing confidential info obviously). She assisted, at a paralegal level, the lawyers who represented the MFDA but she never had signing authority on matters, nor was she ever the official counsel on record, nor was she the one to appear in court (and if she was, it would be for cross-examinations and nothing more), nor would she be the person the boardroom negotiating settlement terms - and it’s this discrepancy that everyone (myself included) has issues with.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that Elle was (legally) misrepresenting herself, but it still doesn’t take away from shady and exaggerated ways she presented her job to us. Heck, just call it what it is - “Fraud Investigator”

Last edited:
@LegalEagle5 So I’m now a corporate litigator, but before I was a commercial transactional attorney, which I believe is a lot like in-house but for a multitude of clients as opposed to one. And I still consider that the work of a lawyer. In fact, it never crossed my mind that it wasn’t because I was hired as a “lawyer,” paid like a lawyer, and someone without a law degree and certification could not have done the job. So I didn’t at all mean to imply that in-house is not a real lawyer job. I think it’s a job most lawyers would love! But you’re still a lawyer. I just see a difference between doing that and say, working as an interior designer and saying you’re a lawyer because you have a law degree.
For normal people with no ulterior motive with Eleonor’s background/qualifications, when asked about your job at a party, we would probably just state outright that we work as a fraud investigator or as a securities regulator. If probed further, we might also add that we have a law degree or we used to practice law.

Example 2: person with a medical degree but now works in pharmaceutical sales. I don’t think a normal well-adjusted person would say he/she is a doctor when asked about what his/her job is. He might add that he/she has a medical degree.

The issue here is Elle is hyper aware of the need to shove the prestige label of being a “lawyer” down everyone throats.

The irony is that if she was just straightforward with her viewers, I don’t think anyone would look down on her as a fraud investigator. It’s a respectable job and props to her for maintaining a YouTube Channel alongside a 9-5 job.

As far as I know (and correct me if I’m wrong please), Elle graduated from Durham University with an LLB, wrote the NCA equivalency exams when she returned to Canada, then was officially called to the Canadian bar (I think she still has that video up where she was called in the Vancouver courthouse). She got her job as an Investigator with MFDA and worked there for five years before moving to Florida with Rick.

While a law degree wasn’t required for her to be an Investigator, it was strongly encouraged and MFDA even went as far as paying her membership dues with the BC Law Society as well as the fees associated with taking CPD courses to keep her membership current. She hasn’t renewed her membership since her breakup with Rick and settlement in Seattle (I checked the BC Law Society directory...and she doesn’t have a reason to as she’s made it abundantly clear that she won’t be returning to Vancouver).

So while Elle technically was a Canadian lawyer (i.e. she had the requisite degree, wrote the requisite tests, got called to the bar, and maintained her status in good standing), the main issue was her passing off her investigator job as an in-house counsel job aka the lawyer on record representing the MFDA in litigation matters. She exaggerated her investigator job as one that’s on the same level as Joe’s traditional lawyer job.

While it might’ve been easier for her to just say “I work as in-house counsel in securities law” as a catch-all phrase, she always seemed reluctant to really get into the nature of her work (without disclosing confidential info obviously). She assisted, at a paralegal level, the lawyers who represented the MFDA but she never had signing authority on matters, nor was she ever the official counsel on record, nor was she the one to appear in court (and if she was, it would be for cross-examinations and nothing more), nor would she be the person the boardroom negotiating settlement terms - and it’s this discrepancy that everyone (myself included) has issues with.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that Elle was (legally) misrepresenting herself, but it still doesn’t take away from shady and exaggerated ways she presented her job to us. Heck, just call it what it is - “Fraud Investigator”
Agreed 👏🏻 💯

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
For normal people with no ulterior motive with Eleonor’s background/qualifications, when asked about your job at a party, we would probably just state outright that we work as a fraud investigator or as a securities regulator. If probed further, we might also add that we have a law degree or we used to practice law.

Example 2: person with a medical degree but now works in pharmaceutical sales. I don’t think a normal well-adjusted person would say he/she is a doctor when asked about what his/her job is. He might add that he/she has a medical degree.

The issue here is Elle is hyper aware of the need to shove the prestige label of being a “lawyer” down everyone throats.

The irony is that if she was just straightforward with her viewers, I don’t think anyone would look down on her as a fraud investigator. It’s a respectable job and props to her for maintaining a YouTube Channel alongside a 9-5 job.
I dunno, when I was on GG I got the impression that a few members weren’t impressed with her investigator job and thought she could/should have done better based on her educational background. 🙄 I feel that some of her viewers who figured out the truth about her job experience would feel the same way.

Personally I was never bothered by her job title and like you said, it was respectable she worked full time on top of maintaining her side hustles (which weren’t “businesses“ like she liked to claim) and social media. Not everyone has to be a lawyer and based on how she described her internship experience, it sounded like she didn’t even like being in a law office.

Too bad her obsession with keeping up with appearances has hurt her professionally. She could’ve easily parlayed her investigator experience to become a senior paralegal or at least go into a field that suits her interests more before she hit her 30s. 🙄

Reactions: 7
Elle definitely has never been humbled before or taken down a peg. I really think she would benefit from that, but with a mom who blows smoke up her ass all the time, she doesn't have a chance to reflect.

We had a similar talk in pharmacy school early on about how a mistake can kill someone. And how pharmacists, dentists, and anesthesiologists are the most susceptible to substance abuse. They reminded us we aren't infallible, you get over worked and understaffed and you still need to do your best to protect the ungrateful public. Really makes you think about the level of responsibility that license holds.

Elle doesn't get any of that it is all legally blonde in her mind. In fact, in one of her old QandA videos she even mentions her life going to school for law "was like legally brunette" :rolleyes:
Yes! Love this post so much ❤ she needs to be taken down several pegs... The universe seems to be at least trying. Almost 32 and still unmarried and no man seems to want her after the first blush is gone 😂

I do think if she has a child, she'll be terribly emotionally manipulative. Feel for that kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes! Love this post so much ❤ she needs to be taken down several pegs... The universe seems to be at least trying. Almost 32 and still unmarried and no man seems to want her after the first blush is gone 😂

I do think if she has a child, she'll be terribly emotionally manipulative. Feel for that kid.
If she has a child, I think her narcissism will shine through even more that it does now. She'll be obsessed with the child when it loves her and is obsessed with her, but the second the child has a negative thought or feeling toward her, she won't be able to handle it and she'll distance herself and make the kid feel like tit, and my heart honestly cries for the child that Elle doesn't yet have.

Watching an old Vlogmas and Elle comments that hanging out with people is sometimes a "real treat." In the context of the video, her intent seems to be that it's a treat because she's normally sooooo busy, but watching this now I can't help thinking that this is somewhat of a Freudian slip and what she really means is it's a treat because she normally doesn't have friends to hang out with.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Elle bought a tit load of reformation dresses, I feel like last year she bought 5 reformation dresses as well, so why does she need more? It defeats the purpose of buying from a sustainable brand if you treat it like fast fashion.

Pet peeve I don't like how she calls the smocked detail ruched.

• Heart
She should stick with her Eliza j abominations. She just doesn't have that cool and casual aesthetic to pull off the Reformation style especially when she throws on gaudy pearls and outdated wedges. She spent almost 1000 on this haul bc she needed new dresses for her new home. She'll "treat herself" just because she wiped her ass today. Is she that fragile emotionally that every damn thing needs a treat?

eta just saw she made a comment that they were on sale when she purchased so she prob spent like 800 instead of 1000. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
She really is the true definition of shallow. No substance or depth at all, and puts it ALL out there for the world to watch. Lol

Jesus and she says this will be the “last haul” before she shops the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Does she just wear something once for show on the camera before returning it? Didn’t she have at least a couple hauls before her move to Seattle? I remember that hideous red plaid trench coat that she was showing off and I doubt she’s pulled it out of her Seattle “capsule” wardrobe since moving. Now that I think about it, I don’t remember seeing that coat in her Seattle closet tour 🙄

OMG, that latest haul was sooo bad. The postcard dress was :sick:! She legitimately dresses exactly like her mother. Leave it to Elle to skip Anthropologie or some other store and go straight to the most god-awful prints and cuts out there!

I don't get why Elle needs to buy more "romantic" tea dresses like she's Kate Middleton. She has nowhere to wear them, they're really only good for a fancy brunch or patio drinks with friends, things Elle doesn't do!

I thought the first dress was cute. The rest were either drowning her in fabric or in the most ugly granny prints ever.

Jesus and she says this will be the “last haul” before she shops the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Does she just wear something once for show on the camera before returning it? Didn’t she have at least a couple hauls before her move to Seattle? I remember that hideous red plaid trench coat that she was showing off and I doubt she’s pulled it out of her Seattle “capsule” wardrobe since moving. Now that I think about it, I don’t remember seeing that coat in her Seattle closet tour 🙄
I think (I may be wrong) I did see the coat in her closet tour. In any case, the woman is a shopaholic. It’s not something to take lightly; it’s a serious problem, and, in some cases, can lead to bankruptcy. That, and it also shows that there is an emotional need to fill a void.

• Heart
Nobody needs that many dresses. She literally just hauled $1000 worth of dresses.

I live in NYC (as many of you beautiful lurkers), two years younger than Elle, go out a lot (well, not now). I make a very decent 6 digit income and hold a title which most 'not-so-young' professionals like me and Elle should hold 8 years into our career. Also I consider myself quite fashionable.

Social support wise - my parents are doing OK and my fiance is more like Chris material. So basically i'm Elle but better.

Still, I can only justify buying one Reformation dress every year and consider that pretty generous budget already.

Also, I hate the materials for most Reformation dresses. Ethical and environmental friendly? Perhaps. Comfort? Hell no.

Last edited:
Cap.JPG

Thoughts on newest video:
-I suppose her channel has now turned into one mainly revolving around hauls and beauty, since she has no other content
-of course she needs another haul to satisfy her inner shopaholic
-the dresses are not flattering on her and are not very versatile in terms of wear-ability (aka you can only wear them on specific occasions).
-congrats on picking some of the worst prints from their dresses
-she looks awkward in those dresses and downright scary in some shots...please see photo above.

I caption it as "Hello, I am Eleanor...date me and see how I can be an amazing Stepford wife just for you, my sweet love...I will wait perfectly poised like this for you to come home to every night" said in her most robotic tone possible.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So at this point she has most of her old (huge) wardrobe still in storage in Florida, a substantial amount of clothing at her mother's place in Hawaii (if I remember correctly, she always kept some stuff there anyway), and now her multiple Seattle hauls? And no job, no other assets and no rich husband in sight. This ridiculous woman is going to be bankrupt before she's 40.

• Haha
Nobody needs that many dresses. She literally just hauled $1000 worth of dresses.

I live in NYC (as many of you beautiful lurkers), two years younger than Elle, go out a lot (well, not now). I make a very decent 6 digit income and hold a title which most 'not-so-young' professionals like me and Elle should hold 8 years into our career. Also I consider myself quite fashionable.

Social support wise - my parents are doing OK and my fiance is more like Chris material. So basically i'm Elle but better.

Still, I can only justify buying one Reformation dress every year and consider that pretty generous budget already.

Also, I hate the materials for most Reformation dresses. Ethical and environmental friendly? Perhaps. Comfort? Hell no.
Also, when I first started watching Elle, I thought she's a real lawyer. I thought she was in the high pay high stress environment and some people do spend more in that situation.

Then after her engagement went south I began to have doubts. And thanks to Google I found GG. Voila!

Reactions: 6

New York is much much more fashionable than Seattle. I don't own flashy label designers and mostly wear ballet flats because of all the hills in the city. My friends and I all earn 6 figures and love shopping sales for what we need, but love second hand because it's sustainable. I have two reformation dresses because while theyre beautiful theres not really an environment here to wear it. We're a jean shorts and a t shirt or jeans and a t shirt kinda city.

Right? I own one reformation dress that I got on sale, it is pretty cute but it isn't the most comfortable dress I own. I'm pretty sure the number of dresses she bought in just this haul exceeds the number of dresses I've bought in the last 6 years, and that's with me going to a lot of weddings in the last 6 years.

Also I'm not saying i'm superior to Elle or anybody on any forum. The point I'm trying to make is her so-called 'better-off social economical status' doesn't justify her shopaholic behavior. It's really excessive.

I have a sense that most of her followers are not in a position where they can tell how many dresses a so-called 'girlboss' actually need. They probably don't know any real person comparable to Elle's online persona.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.