Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean it is a song lyric but it is fairly bad taste for a true crime youtuber. Don't think it was intended maliciously or is super deep, she probably just wasn't thinking when she chose that particular line. Hopefully she realizes and changes it out.

Reactions: 6
I mean it is a song lyric but it is fairly bad taste for a true crime youtuber. Don't think it was intended maliciously or is super deep, she probably just wasn't thinking when she chose that particular line. Hopefully she realizes and changes it out.
But she should realise how it would look? This is her job which pays her bills and funds her life she should think before she posts anything to ensure it’s not going to come across badly and as a true crime youtuber she should have known this would look bad?

Reactions: 13
It’s a song lyric, so I don’t think she meant it maliciously but yeah, she maybe should have thought of it a bit more given that she is a true crime YouTuber. I think the lyric is in bad taste anyway though. He wanted fame and attention and this gives it to him.

Reactions: 8
regardless of wether it’s a song lyric or not, a person whose job is to respectfully talk about crime cases in THE most respectful way, and to show compassion to victims, should not be using captions like that in a jokey way on a picture of herself.

this is a girl who every video claims to have the utmost respect for crime victims and she thinks it’s appropriate to post a song lyric of a man who murdered someone in the most disgusting way and uploaded it to the internet, as well as murdering animals and filming it

even if it is a song lyric it’s still disgusting, her of all people should not be using it on a photo

edit- also if you haven’t seen the documentary about him, he’s an extreme narcissist and did all of these things for ATTENTION, he thrived off of it. multiple people involved in the case have said that the best way to punish him and to give some kind of justice back to the victims is to not give him the time of day and any recognition that may put him on a pedestal and look as though people are fawning over him. not to fawn over him and make it a big deal. it’s bad enough there’s a song lyric about him, but a true crime youtube has really just gone and done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what everyone involved has stated to do. he murdered those cats and that person literally for attention because he wanted there to be a sick buzz about it

he’s an extreme narcissist whose murdered people and eleanor has just gone and done exactly what he wants. can’t imagine how happy he’d be if he knew a true crime youtuber was making entertaining captions about what he did, she’s literally just fulfilling his purpose. he did it for attention and a buzz and she’s just given him one

Last edited:
regardless of wether it’s a song lyric or not, a person whose job is to respectfully talk about crime cases in THE most respectful way, and to show compassion to victims, should not be using captions like that in a jokey way on a picture of herself.

this is a girl who every video claims to have the utmost respect for crime victims and she thinks it’s appropriate to post a song lyric of a man who murdered someone in the most disgusting way and uploaded it to the internet, as well as murdering animals and filming it

even if it is a song lyric it’s still disgusting, her of all people should not be using it on a photo

edit- also if you haven’t seen the documentary about him, he’s an extreme narcissist and did all of these things for ATTENTION, he thrived off of it. multiple people involved in the case have said that the best way to punish him and to give some kind of justice back to the victims is to not give him the time of day and any recognition that may put him on a pedestal and look as though people are fawning over him. not to fawn over him and make it a big deal. it’s bad enough there’s a song lyric about him, but a true crime youtube has really just gone and done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what everyone involved has stated to do. he murdered those cats and that person literally for attention because he wanted there to be a sick buzz about it

he’s an extreme narcissist whose murdered people and eleanor has just gone and done exactly what he wants. can’t imagine how happy he’d be if he knew a true crime youtuber was making entertaining captions about what he did, she’s literally just fulfilling his purpose. he did it for attention and a buzz and she’s just given him one
I agree - I didn't even know the song and it was clear it was a song lyric but it's really not about that.

You've summed it up perfectly. This is about Eleanor being a hypocrite and using edgelord behaviour to appeal to her dumb 12 year old fan base. She knew the reference fit with her content, she's a stupid cow who has no respect for the victims. Especially as she used to bang on about being completely different on Instagram than YouTube. all the comments like "omg on insta you're less serious than YouTube heheh"

Last edited:
god she loves to waffle on about insignificant crap about these cases

she also loves to throw in her uneducated, unnecessary opinions

I wonder if she’s been reading here and picked up on the lack of research comments 😂🤔
Does anyone know if Eleanor actually has any qualifications or history studying law/ true crime?
"We're a fun bunch, I promise" in a job ad is creepy, no? Lmao trying too hard to sound appealing and cool.

There’s no mention of the pay. She’s posted another insta story answering some questions she keeps getting asked about the role (like the fact it’s full time) but once again she’s neglected to mention to pay. I’m sure that’s like the number one question so I’m guessing it’s not very generous so they’re not being open about it 😂

The whole job description paints this amazing picture that you’re going to be working with someone with over 1 million subs. They mention that a lot, as if it’s an honour.
Exactly! She didn't give any important details and job duties (she could have listed at least 3), then obviously made a detailed version for anyone interested. This was very spur of the moment.

My favourite true crime youtuber in terms of presentation of the cases and respect for families and victims is mysteriouswv. Its just a shame he only covers cases from a fairly small geographical area. I loved Cayleigh Elise's channel before she left youtube and he's very reminiscent of her. I don't mind Stephanie Harlowe but find her personality a bit off-putting lately, never used to miss a video of hers.
Omg yes, I used to love Cayleigh Elise, but she left youtube because it caused her bad thoughts and distress. I hope she's okay now, I really do. I can't find her anywhere else in the internet. I agree, I have never taken to Stephanie, she gives me weird energy
Does anyone remember Shawna(something) who was bullied off YouTube by a reddit mob who accused her of stealing content from a reddit anon or some tit and then it all turned out the reddit anon was in the wrong. I miss Shawnas videos :(

I watched her too! Her name is Shauna Rae. She stopped because she was getting harassed. Apparently she didn't steal content, which she proved, but those people were apparently just jealous of her YouTube channel being popular.

I really do miss these girls, they took the time to research deeply, and were so respectful and sincere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
"We're a fun bunch, I promise" in a job ad is creepy, no? Lmao trying too hard to sound appealing and cool.

Exactly! She didn't give any important details and job duties (she could have listed at least 3), then obviously made a detailed version for anyone interested. This was very spur of the moment.

Omg yes, I used to love Cayleigh Elise, but she left youtube because it caused her bad thoughts and distress. I hope she's okay now, I really do. I can't find her anywhere else in the internet. I agree, I have never taken to Stephanie, she gives me weird energy

I watched her too! Her name is Shauna Rae. She stopped because she was getting harassed. Apparently she didn't steal content, which she proved, but those people were apparently just jealous of her YouTube channel being popular.

I really do miss these girls, they took the time to research deeply, and were so respectful and sincere.
Yeah. Reddit instigated a Witch hunt and then turned around and said "oh tit my bad" and she was already gone 😞she had such a soothing voice and was always respectful.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember the last time that Eleanor didn't have an ad in her videos? Genuine question. I still watch her content, despite some qualms, and I literally cannot remember a time that she didn't include a sponsor.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Does anyone remember the last time that Eleanor didn't have an ad in her videos? Genuine question. I still watch her content, despite some qualms, and I literally cannot remember a time that she didn't include a sponsor.

Edit: Fixed typo.
I really can't it seems every upload is sponsored but so many of the true crimes do these days

Reactions: 4
I got 2 things:

1. Guessing her most recent video didn’t get as many views as normal bc she posted a community post today asking if “you guys have seen (her) latest video?! it’s a 2-parter (ofc) and will be out soon!!” [ETA: jk it’s actually a 3-parter!]

2. So, she’s doing a story that was set during the war (assuming WWII) and one of the first thing she says (before sponsor even) is that she’s “sorry bc she doesn’t know anything about the war” at all.

No wonder nobody wants to watch it, 30 seconds in and she’s basically admitting to not being able to provide a full, nuanced, cohesive story. I’m sure the fact the horrors of war in the background of this serial killer c/would make this much richer, but nah man, gotta get it out.

Also, maybe a different title than ‘brownout’ murders. makes it sound like some killer just tit his pants on everyone. ugh.

I always skip ahead past the sponsor part but her second to last video had so many mid-roll ads. I can’t see how many there were but I swear it was every 10 minutes, which is a lot for a video over an hour long. It was so distracting, I would’ve turned it off but I was already invested. Putting in an ad or two is understandable but that many plus a sponsor plus asking people to sign up as channel members plus affiliate links plus selling merch… she’s raking it in while not even bothering to do proper research.

Reactions: 8
I really can't it seems every upload is sponsored but so many of the true crimes do these days
True but with other creators, it's regular but not every single upload. I understand people need to make money if it's their job but it's just a bit much with Eleanor tbh.

Also, in the interest of answering my question and out of isolation boredom, I decided to check her videos to see. Last video without a sponsor was technically the 'Mash Potato Murderer' one from last October but she did talk about the Footasylum show that she was in, one prior was last August but she promoted her merch. Dunno if they count.

The last entirely unsponsored video was the third part of Dorothea Puente's case which was early July 2020. Second part was also unsponsored but the first was. Prior to that, the Judith Barsi video from May was unsponsored too. Stopped looking at ones before 2020 but only those 3 of her videos since Jan 1st 2020 haven't had a section where she's promoting stuff. Like truly... wtf.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I used to think she was a victim of her own success and YouTube's demonetisation rules i.e she couldn't make money through uploads and companies were throwing themselves at her with her up to and above 1 million views. But the ads are too excessive and have been for a long time.

Take away all her thousand parters and ads can we just appreciate how amazing she looks in her newest video?! Very minimal makeup and looking really healthy! Compared to her weight in locked in she must be a good 80+ pounds down?! X

Take away all her thousand parters and ads can we just appreciate how amazing she looks in her newest video?! Very minimal makeup and looking really healthy! Compared to her weight in locked in she must be a good 80+ pounds down?! X
I went to go look at her screen grabs as I couldn't be bothered to click and just realised she uses stock photos for her thumbnails. I think she has a selection but she repeats the images.

I dunno why that's so funny to me but I guess it's efficient! One less job! And what she looks like is the least important thing.

Screenshot_20210817-140429_YouTube.jpg
It's not that obvious because she doesn't change her look up that much.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I went to go look at her screen grabs as I couldn't be bothered to click and just realised she uses stock photos for her thumbnails. I think she has a selection but she repeats the images.

I dunno why that's so funny to me but I guess it's efficient! One less job! And what she looks like is the least important thing.

View attachment 716589It's not that obvious because she doesn't change her look up that much.
To be fair when I take a good selfie, I use it as all my profile photos 😂 She must have liked that one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

View attachment 716589It's not that obvious because she doesn't change her look up that much.
oh my god how have i never noticed that before 🤣🤣😭😭 that’s hilarious

another example of the 10/10 effort from her 🥴🥴🥴🥴

This made me laugh wtf! Imagine putting in the absolute bare minimum effort like this 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.