Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
You’re welcome. She is vile! She clearly doesn’t research the cases that much or she’d know which ones families have expressed not to make
It wasn't even the first time, she made a video not too long ago about the murder of Harry Uzoka whose family have said they don't want any more speculation about his death

• Sad
Reactions: 8

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Her audience are so mature🥴
Wow that reply has a lot of likes and replies agreeing with them. I hope this means more people are waking up and realising Eleanor really isn't a good true crime YouTuber. I always see people saying how respectful she is and I'm just like...really?

Irishdd1

Watched Eleanor the last few months and I am a fan to an extent but also find it very odd how she discusses some very sensitive topics. First time on this thread so glad I’m not alone on this..wondering what she does outside of youtube? Like did she go to uni or does she live at home and just google cases and make half assed videos and that’s it

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I think she uses her little disclaimer as a way to fend off any criticism from family members/concerned viewers. I find the title of the new video very distasteful. She’s way too into the story lines now and reads it all as if it’s some made up drama, not an actual crime that involves real people.

To be fair when I moved out of my parents house when I was around her age I lost a ton of weight and basically stopped looking after myself, drinking all the time/eating crap/staying awake all hours so it may be that paired with the dramatic weight loss
But I do agree she doesn’t look well recently! Plus the fact her videos have gotten significantly less respectful over the last couple of months, the incongruent giggling while talking about literal murder really irks me. Never the less though I hope she’s doing okay and is taking care of herself.

Zoepenguin

I think her fan base is quite young overall and not the best at critical thinking! This is why true crime creators have a responsibility to present their content in a sensitive way and remind commenters to be mindful of family or friends who may watch the video/read the comments. Eleanor is in it purely for the money and clout these days.

narlahg

Omg her two part videos are so annoying clearly so she can get money from ads from both vids and a new sponsor for each so frustrating I’d understand if she posted the vids the same day or the day after at most cause it’s clearly al filmed at once

Bilbo16

VIP Member
It’s a song lyric, so I don’t think she meant it maliciously but yeah, she maybe should have thought of it a bit more given that she is a true crime YouTuber. I think the lyric is in bad taste anyway though. He wanted fame and attention and this gives it to him.

Kindred_

VIP Member
Does anybody else find her super lazy? I don’t follow any other social media’s so there could be a reason, but I find it unprofessional that she has no regular upload schedule and never has. Even when she used to do her themed weeks, she never stuck to them. I like her content don’t get me wrong, I just don’t understand why she’s more popular than those that ‘do more’ than her.
I don’t follow her socials either so I’m not sure when she’s active on there but I always assumed she had a full time job and YouTube was her hobby. What does she actually do all day 😳

I don't like her put-on cutesy "oh no maybe that's wrong I don't know haha don't come for me" thing that she does more often in videos now. Like, you've made it your job to know that and to get things right.
omg THIS!! I have to skip past when she does it now as it’s so predictable and sloppy.
It’s abit disrespectful in a way, it looks as if she’s dumbing down the video. Doesn’t come across well.

babya123

I can’t lie I’ve noticed basically her description of cases is just from Wikipedia which I find really annoying cause I could just search it up myself.

pinkscrunches

After seeing this photo on her tagged on Instagram, it definitely looks like she’s had weight loss surgery going by the appearance of her stomach. Zoom in to see properly. No hate but she could do with being more transparent
C8F6A6C4-38ED-490B-966E-B3C18EB2BECC.jpeg

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I’ve just watched her new video and can’t say I’ve ever noticed this before, but it seemed so poorly researched?! I’ve watched many videos on this particular case and this one seemed poor in comparison. I don’t know, she just seems to be losing it slightly, I remember when I first discovered her and her videos were so long and interesting. Add to that the fact it was sandwiched between a sponsorship and plugging her merch too 😅

Keikochan

VIP Member
I've just watched the second part of the 3 part story. Basically that could of been summarized into 5 mins giving the details but not dragging it out and profiting off of some innocent guys loneliness & humiliation 🤷‍♀️

Bella29

Chatty Member
I haven’t seen a thread about her yet, what are your thoughts?

Absolutely love her, I fall asleep each night listening to one of her YouTube videos. I think she’s fab!

• Haha
  • Sick

shammy24

Not sure if he’s been mentioned here before but I just came across a channel called Coffeehouse Crime, I was so shocked when I saw he’s only been making videos for 4 months, they’re really well done and seem well researched even though they’re relatively short compared to a lot of other true crime youtubers. Kind of gives a similar vibe to That Chapter but without the weird overexposed lighting (sorry Mike lol) and he’s a bit more sombre. He also seems very respectful towards the victims.

just thought I’d mention him because I haven’t been able to bring myself to even click on any of Eleanor’s videos in the last few weeks

Blue Rose

VIP Member
She’s still lazy and cares little about the people she’s talking about
I agree. However, I don’t think we should be talking about her physical appearance. The way she talks about these people’s stories is incredibly heartless and she’s clearly just become another money hungry influence. How can she happily sell things she’d never use off the back of a video about someone being brutally murdered?

• Heart

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
I always thought she read straight off news articles... but she’s pretty much watched the documentary of the murder in derby and copied it adding her own little extra words in. I don’t want to out myself (I like being anon on here but also to respect the persons privacy) but I know someone involved in that case and that documentary and they’re fuming after watching eleanors video because she’s added little bits in (irrelevant to some, but they bother the person involved as it involves them)

• Wow
I seen on her story today or yesterday she has gallstones I think, but she did upload a video on her second channel yesterday.
People who have weightloss surgery are prone to gallstones. I wonder why she won't talk about the surgery, as if it's something she's ashamed of.
Girl, own it.

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
Her Danny Phantom killer video is awful. Her attitude towards the killer (before they did any killing) is so judgemental. Obviously I don't condone what he did or sympathise with them but she's making fun of someone for liking cartoons - a lot of lonely people, teenagers especially, get very into their special interests. She says she doesn't know why they quit their job but goes on to assert her own assumption why anyway.

Then she talks about how they were inspired by Columbine - and I remember her saying she started off being very interested in Columbine, as a lot of true crime people are - and then she gets things wrong. It's unnecessary in my opinion for her to just list insults "they were weirdos, they were losers" and she's downright wrong in saying "they had no social life". The fact that they were complete outcasts is such a myth, Dylan Klebold literally went to prom three days before the massacre, they got the guns from older friends, his mom's book names other friends and how they were out all the time.

I don't know why I watched this because it's so angry and shoddy despite the fact she's got "researchers" now.
I agree, people's personal hobbies should not be judged. It comes across snobby and immature.

Unless they are doing something dangerous, harmful to others, or sinister, I don't know what it has to do with the case. She just rambles for no reason.

Her job isn't exactly the 'norm', and imagine someone judging her for being interested in true crime? Or calling her weird for talking about it? She needs a reality check.