Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOL I'm white but my family always takes our shoes off inside . Like I walk around in public restrooms in my shoes why would I drag that filth into my house? And you can't sanitize carpet well either. Esp since it rains and snows a lot I couldn't imagine it at all. Maybe warmer places where everyone doesn't have carpet it works out better? I also keep butter in the fridge (and peanut butter but my bf says that's weird) but my bf's family leaves butter out which grosses me out. If I'm not putting bread in the fridge I leave it in a sealed container or zip top bag, I really didnt understand the bread in a drawer thing at all.
Shoes in the house skeeves me out. My SO (Dutch, no less!) sees nothing wrong with this. I run after him and yell him to take his shoes off lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Lol, someone wrote in the comments on the Bainbridge Island video: "I'm proud of you Elle. Staying in the US and making a new life for yourself on your own, without your mom living nearby. Awesome." As if spending your mom's money is such an honour.
Wow! Only 30 and already living a whole whiny phone call and paid-for first class airfare away from her mother. She really IS a GiRlBoSs!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
White person here, also Canadian: wearing shoes in the house was strictly forbidden when I was growing up. My mom didn't want anyone tracking outside dirt into her pristine home. You could wear slippers indoors, but under no circumstances could you wear your outside shoes inside. This applied to all guests as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m Asian; I grew up in Hong Kong but live in the States now. When I was growing up in HK, we never worn shoes indoors, no matter it be my own home or someone else’s home. We always took our shoes off. That is still the normal practice in HK if not most of Asia. People in Japan, Korea, taiwan to name a few countries do not wear shoes in the house. Shoes track so much dirt. If you don’t want to be cleaning your floor everyday or have kids or pets that eat off the floor, best to take your shoes off before entering. Hygiene issue...

Reactions: 8
I re watched that video recently too i was really shocked to find out she had an actual European passport.
IMO, this is so unnecessary. I mean, all the immigraton officers need to do is look at THE SIZE OF HER TEETH to know she is a real European. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
White person here, also Canadian: wearing shoes in the house was strictly forbidden when I was growing up. My mom didn't want anyone tracking outside dirt into her pristine home. You could wear slippers indoors, but under no circumstances could you wear your outside shoes inside. This applied to all guests as well.
Same rule in my (white person, Canadian) home. I cannot abide people tracking dirt all over my house, no matter who they are. However, I didn't grow up that way - my parents did not have a strict no-shoes policy in their home. You can imagine how well it went the first time I asked my mother to take off her shoes when she came to visit me in my own home. Yup. But she does it now.

I live in Europe and walk barefoot or in my slippers around the house but I'd never ask my guests (not family who come to stay for a longer period of time but friends etc.) to take their shoes off, it's bad manners in my culture. I've been to Japan and I understand it is rude to wear shoes indoors there, therefore I complied.

I live in Europe and walk barefoot or in my slippers around the house but I'd never ask my guests (not family who come to stay for a longer period of time but friends etc.) to take their shoes off, it's bad manners in my culture. I've been to Japan and I understand it is rude to wear shoes indoors there, therefore I complied.
Ditto. It’s bad manners in my culture to make guests go barefoot in your home. It’s different if they are staying for a few days, of course, but I cannot imagine having a dinner party and seeing all my guests feet or socks.

But back to Elle: she used to display her shoes on top of her dresser, I think? That was very odd and unhygienic! I also, in general, think it’s tacky to have your designer shoes or handbags out on display as if they were decor items. Only nouveau riche people who are proud of their acquisitions and want everyone to know they own expensive things would do such a thing.

Reactions: 11
But back to Elle: she used to display her shoes on top of her dresser, I think? That was very odd and unhygienic! I also, in general, think it’s tacky to have your designer shoes or handbags out on display as if they were decor items. Only nouveau riche people who are proud of their acquisitions and want everyone to know they own expensive things would do such a thing.
Elle has always prioritised acquiring stuff over acquiring space (which would have been the much better long-term investment). I think she had to store things that way because there was literally nowhere else for them to go. Of course, Elle being Elle, she had to turn it into a 'display'. :rolleyes:

I also think it's tacky AF to put your shoes and handbags on display the way she does. I would MAYBE understand if she had some collector's items - discontinued, numbered pieces that have never been worn by anyone and were kept for show only. But putting heels that you wear regularly on top of furniture is gross.
And I agree it's a very nouveau riche thing to treat designer handbags and shoes as decorative objects. Better invest in some art or quality furniture that can become TRUE heirlooms, not some granny antique-styled table.

This was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen. She also then puts it in a kitchen drawer... like next to scotch tape and spare batteries (pure conjecture, that’s what’s in my kitchen drawers 😂)??

10:20

I chalked it up as a “white people” quirk, like leaving butter on a plate on the counter under a little ceramic cover labelled “BUTTER”, and wearing outdoor shoes inside the house (my non-white family would NEVER 😂), but now that you’re bringing this up, maybe it’s not just simply a white person thing? Perhaps it’s a New Yorker / Canadian / Italian / Belgian / French thing?
😮🤢 I would NEVER wrap banana bread in a towel and put it in a drawer! It would go sour! Plus she's at risk of drawing bugs.

I make banana bread pretty frequently. The way to store it is put it in a ziplock bag and keep it in the fridge. Bananas go sour very quickly, even when they're baked, so you don't want them sitting out on the counter or in a drawer. If you want to save your extra loaves, wrap them in plastic wrap, bag them, and keep them in the freezer. The double layer keeps out freezer burn.

• Heart
I also think it's tacky AF to put your shoes and handbags on display the way she does. I would MAYBE understand if she had some collector's items - discontinued, numbered pieces that have never been worn by anyone and were kept for show only. But putting heels that you wear regularly on top of furniture is gross.
And I agree it's a very nouveau riche thing to treat designer handbags and shoes as decorative objects. Better invest in some art or quality furniture that can become TRUE heirlooms, not some granny antique-styled table.
Eleanor’s hygiene standards are pretty poor - doesn’t wash her jeans or hair, plays with her cat while cooking (I recall her picking Bebe up in vlogs, snuggling with her during cooking, and going straight back into it without washing her hands), puts dirty, worn shoes on a dresser for display, the list goes on. I agree with you ladies that using designer accessories in lieu of proper home decor is tacky as hell.

For someone who is hard bent on being “classy,” Eleanor Florence Lecocq demonstrates a lot of behavior and quirks that suggest otherwise. She also does strange things - I don’t know anyone who wraps bread in a tea towel and stores it in a cupboard. It’s her life and she can of course do what she wants but just from some of her actions, you can tell she has poor manners and isn’t a classy broad at all. Anyone who was actually raised right would be able to tell immediately.

Also she should’ve trained Bebe properly! That cat literally walks all over kitchen counters and was recently on her dining table in her home tour video. Poorly behaved and bad manners (who wants to be a guest in a home where the pets do unhygienic things? Imagine how gross a dinner party would be there!).

Last edited:
  • Sick
Eleanor’s hygiene standards are pretty poor - doesn’t wash her jeans or hair, plays with her cat while cooking (I recall her picking Bebe up in vlogs, snuggling with her during cooking, and going straight back into it without washing her hands), puts dirty, worn shoes on a dresser for display, the list goes on. I agree with you ladies that using designer accessories in lieu of proper home decor is tacky as hell.

For someone who is hard bent on being “classy,” Eleanor Florence Lecocq demonstrates a lot of behavior and quirks that suggest otherwise. She also does strange things - I don’t know anyone rich or otherwise who wraps bread in a tea towel and stores it in a cupboard. It’s her life and she can of course do what she wants but just from some of her actions, you can tell she has poor manners and isn’t a classy broad at all. Anyone who was actually raised right would be able to tell immediately.

Also she should’ve trained Bebe properly! That cat literally walks all over kitchen counters and was recently on her dining table in her home tour video. Poorly behaved and bad manners (who wants to be a guest in a home where the pets do unhygienic things? Imagine how gross a dinner party would be there!).
Here’s the thing with cats, you can’t really train them, per se. The process is different than dogs, but some of the things she can do is have a cat tree or cat condo or decorative shelves so they will have places to climb and scratch instead of her counters and her couches.

I don’t know why Elle is so against getting cat stuff because her place is full of ugly tit anyway. It’s not like being a “cat lady” is worse than having a granny/trashy aesthetic around the house.m

Also as a cat person I find her hygiene habits absolutely revolting.

• Haha
😮🤢 I would NEVER wrap banana bread in a towel and put it in a drawer! It would go sour! Plus she's at risk of drawing bugs.

I make banana bread pretty frequently. The way to store it is put it in a ziplock bag and keep it in the fridge. Bananas go sour very quickly, even when they're baked, so you don't want them sitting out on the counter or in a drawer. If you want to save your extra loaves, wrap them in plastic wrap, bag them, and keep them in the freezer. The double layer keeps out freezer burn.
Right! That's what I do for banana/pumpkin/zucchini bread all of those more cake like breads bc they just get weird very quickly. Better to keep them in the fridge or freezer.

Here’s the thing with cats, you can’t really train them, per se. The process is different than dogs, but some of the things she can do is have a cat tree or cat condo or decorative shelves so they will have places to climb and scratch instead of her counters and her couches.

I don’t know why Elle is so against getting cat stuff because her place is full of ugly tit anyway. It’s not like being a “cat lady” is worse than having a granny/trashy aesthetic around the house.m

Also as a cat person I find her hygiene habits absolutely revolting.
I don’t recall her having a cat tree/condo but I know she had a scratching post at some point in Florida? Now I’m guessing it was Rick’s given he had a cat and Elle just never bothered for Bebe and Sammy.

This is why I hate almost all luxury YouTubers, the ones shown in this thread included. Face it: the tit they wear looks tacky. I don't care if its LV, Gucci, Hermes or whatever... it looks disgusting and gauche to be dripping in logos. Wear your own damn name, not the name of some company that doesn't care about you and sells overpriced crap. The mindless consumption bothers me on a visceral level (though I of course don't say this out loud and in real life I am very "live and let live."). But I digress.

I came to Elle's channel because of her (admittedly quite good!) video on job interview fashion and formal workwear. I was ready to cheer for her, being a woman in a professional environment with a YouTube channel. So imagine my disappointment when I saw her channel is vapid consumerism taken up to 11.

• Heart
This is why I hate almost all luxury YouTubers, the ones shown in this thread included. Face it: the tit they wear looks tacky. I don't care if its LV, Gucci, Hermes or whatever... it looks disgusting and gauche to be dripping in logos. Wear your own damn name, not the name of some company that doesn't care about you and sells overpriced crap. The mindless consumption bothers me on a visceral level (though I of course don't say this out loud and in real life I am very "live and let live."). But I digress.

I came to Elle's channel because of her (admittedly quite good!) video on job interview fashion and formal workwear. I was ready to cheer for her, being a woman in a professional environment with a YouTube channel. So imagine my disappointment when I saw her channel is vapid consumerism taken up to 11.
I’m not judging them here but I get the impression that most fashion/style youtubers don’t come from money (very few are even nouveau riche) and are more hustlers who really enjoy designer goods and want to make a living out of YouTube. I’ve never expected much from them manners or behavior wise, but I do appreciate the ones who make high quality content that is interesting and comprehensive.

Princess Smelley, however, thinks she is ultra classy and better than other people, and doesn’t bother putting out decent content (her editing is atrocious or non existent!). She thinks her personality and “enviable #girlboss lifestyle” can carry her channel, which just isn’t true. It’s why she updated like clockwork while with Joe (esp. vlogs!) but barely bothered with Dickets and even now, because she knows she doesn’t have much to show off at this point in her life.

For reference, behind her is the dresser with multiple designer shoes on it and at least 10 bottles of designer perfumes. So dirty, tacky and ugly.

• Sick

For reference, behind her is the dresser with multiple designer shoes on it and at least 10 bottles of designer perfumes. So dirty, tacky and ugly.
I'm offended by how fugly the shoes are. :cry: If I owned those (never in a million years!), I'd send them straight to Goodwill. They would definitely NOT be hanging out on my dresser wtf.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.