Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her body type is weird...when she is starving herself she is still soft but looks gaunt in the face, if that makes sense? And now that she is her normal size she looks rubenesque because she doesn’t wear her correct size. Anyway, I’m sure if she wore her true size she’d look much better and thinner/taller, which we all know she is desperate to achieve.
Right! And that's the thing she's not big by any means she's still thin, just the fact that's she's squeezing into stuff that doesn't fit her makes her look bigger than she actually is.

Reactions: 9
Her body type is weird...when she is starving herself she is still soft but looks gaunt in the face, if that makes sense? And now that she is her normal size she looks rubenesque because she doesn’t wear her correct size. Anyway, I’m sure if she wore her true size she’d look much better and thinner/taller, which we all know she is desperate to achieve.
I wonder if it's cause she's on the shorter side but doesn't really have a big frame, so her body always looks really soft? Most girls I know who are her height but look thin are TINY (always below 100lbs) - she's nowhere near that so she still looks bigger by comparison.

In regards to her face...do you ladies think it might be due to the plastic surgery and fillers/botox? Ginette has a round-ish face and Elle did as well before she got her jawline more sculpted. Rounder faces tend to age better overall and I'm pretty sure she got some cheek fillers to balance the new, pointier chin out but it makes the bottom half of her face look more sunken in when she loses weight. She also has pretty bad undereye bags and lines which reappear periodically (between when she gets work done I'm guessing).

She'd honestly look so much better if she stopped losing and gaining weight (so her face stays young-ish) and wore styles that flattered shorter girls and a heavy mid-section figure. A tall willowy look is not something that she would achieve and she has pretty big boobs, which she can and is currently showing off to her advantage lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
When she was dating Joe she said she puts her jeans in the freezer, but she’s an idiot because that method is only for raw denim/selvedge jeans. I’m sure she’d hate wearing selvedge because those have no give at all, unlike the mall brand skinny jeans she sausages herself into. 😂
Freezing any item of clothing does nothing for killing bacteria. It does not remove odour, bacteria, or germs. Please ignore all the "fashion experts" who claim you don't need to wash your clothing. We need more science in this country, not dumbasses who think scientists know nothing about things like pandemics or bacteria! Not you, but people like Elle and Trump who think they know better than scientists.

As per the Cleveland Clinic and the Smithsonian:

Q: Just what are the nasties hiding in my jeans?
A:
Your jeans retain dead skin cells, oils from the skin, food and dirt that will help bacteria flourish during daily wear. Laundering is the only way to remove those germ magnets.

Do freezing temperatures sanitize laundry?
A:
Nope! To kill bacteria, you typically have to reach 80 degrees below freezing. Since freezers sit around zero to four degrees, that’s nowhere near cold enough.

OK, that’s gross. So, the bacteria and fungus you mention … what can they cause?
A:
Excess bacteria on your skin can cause folliculitis, an acne-like rash on your legs! Or, think about fungal infections or jock itch, for example. Let’s say you have a foot fungus and you put on your jeans. As you do, the fungal organism gets on your pant leg as you pull them up.

If you wear the jeans again and again, you may pass the fungus to your groin or thigh. Now you don’t just have foot fungus, you’ve got jock itch, too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Freezing any item of clothing does nothing for killing bacteria. It does not remove odour, bacteria, or germs. Please ignore all the "fashion experts" who claim you don't need to wash your clothing. We need more science in this country, not dumbasses who think scientists know nothing about things like pandemics or bacteria! Not you, but people like Elle and Trump who think they know better than scientists.

As per the Cleveland Clinic and the Smithsonian:

Q: Just what are the nasties hiding in my jeans?
A:
Your jeans retain dead skin cells, oils from the skin, food and dirt that will help bacteria flourish during daily wear. Laundering is the only way to remove those germ magnets.

Do freezing temperatures sanitize laundry?
A:
Nope! To kill bacteria, you typically have to reach 80 degrees below freezing. Since freezers sit around zero to four degrees, that’s nowhere near cold enough.

OK, that’s gross. So, the bacteria and fungus you mention … what can they cause?
A:
Excess bacteria on your skin can cause folliculitis, an acne-like rash on your legs! Or, think about fungal infections or jock itch, for example. Let’s say you have a foot fungus and you put on your jeans. As you do, the fungal organism gets on your pant leg as you pull them up.

If you wear the jeans again and again, you may pass the fungus to your groin or thigh. Now you don’t just have foot fungus, you’ve got jock itch, too.
THIS, honestly one of the things that bugs me about Elle the most is her lack of cleanliness. How hard is it to wash your hair and your jeans semi regularly? She couldn't even be bothered to wash her face in the morning before her trip to that island. I've got super dry skin but I still wash my face twice daily. The lying about little things that don't matter, and being braggy annoys the crap out of me. But, the freezing jeans and letting her cat walk on her counters, putting bread in a tea towel just grosses me out so much.

Personally if Elle developed jock itch, I’d laugh my ass off 😂
In her case, it'd be lazy/dirty itch. We all know #girlboss doesn't really exercise (eye-bleeping herself in the mirror during barre at the Vancouver Club doesn't count). :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
the brands she wears are very forgiving and for sure vanity size I speak from experience.
Its so strange to lie about your size..whats the big deal if you are a UK 8-10??
Its ok to not be a size 2 Elle.
I doubt Elle is even UK 8-10. I lived in UK for years and I was a size 10 and I was skinnier than Elle. I think she's size 12 UK.

The lying about little things that don't matter, and being braggy annoys the crap out of me. But, the freezing jeans and letting her cat walk on her counters, putting bread in a tea towel just grosses me out so much.
This was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen. She also then puts it in a kitchen drawer... like next to scotch tape and spare batteries (pure conjecture, that’s what’s in my kitchen drawers 😂)??

10:20

I chalked it up as a “white people” quirk, like leaving butter on a plate on the counter under a little ceramic cover labelled “BUTTER”, and wearing outdoor shoes inside the house (my non-white family would NEVER 😂), but now that you’re bringing this up, maybe it’s not just simply a white person thing? Perhaps it’s a New Yorker / Canadian / Italian / Belgian / French thing?

• Haha
This was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen. She also then puts it in a kitchen drawer... like next to scotch tape and spare batteries (pure conjecture, that’s what’s in my kitchen drawers 😂)??

I chalked it up as a “white people” quirk, like leaving butter on a plate on the counter under a little ceramic cover labelled “BUTTER”, and wearing outdoor shoes inside the house (my non-white family would NEVER 😂), but now that you’re bringing this up, maybe it’s not just simply a white person thing? Perhaps it’s a New Yorker / Canadian / Italian / Belgian / French thing?
Outdoor shoes inside are not unheard of in the US, and I’d imagine Canada, and it doesn’t have to do with race, just with culture. The butter thing is more French, but also not unheard of.
ETA: No clue about what she does with the bread. That is weird to me.

Outdoor shoes inside are not unheard of in the US, and I’d imagine Canada, and it doesn’t have to do with race, just with culture. The butter thing is more French, but also not unheard of.
ETA: No clue about what she does with the bread. That is weird to me.
Can someone enlighten me on what's weird about the butter thing lol because I thought that was normal? We do that at home and also keep it in the fridge sometimes (usually unsalted) and when it's hot indoors cause it gets messy.

Outdoor shoes inside is definitely a North American thing more than anything else - my European boyfriend was pretty horrified when he first saw that ahaha. We do it less here though because the weather is often bad (i.e. snowy) for at least half the year and no one wants to track slush and mud indoors.

Reactions: 4
the thing is North American sizing is very inconsistent. I could be anywhere from size Small to Medium or go from size 2-size 8 in North America. UK sizing was very very consistent and I was always a size 10, no matter the store or the clothes. I am 5'3'' and I weighed 118 pounds and I was a size 10. There is no way in hell Elle is size 10.

For reference, I didn't drive when I was in London. I walked everywhere and worked out at the gym once per week. I also ate salad and 1 piece of fruit every day for lunch for years.

Can someone enlighten me on what's weird about the butter thing lol because I thought that was normal? We do that at home and also keep it in the fridge sometimes (usually unsalted) and when it's hot indoors cause it gets messy.

Outdoor shoes inside is definitely a North American thing more than anything else - my European boyfriend was pretty horrified when he first saw that ahaha. We do it less here though because the weather is often bad (i.e. snowy) for at least half the year and no one wants to track slush and mud indoors.
Lol nothing weird about either, just thought it was a white people thing because no one in my culture would do it. I mean, it’s sold in the refrigerated section, so maybe that’s why we always keep it in the fridge? The shoes thing makes sense because where my parents grew up, bathrooms are giant squat holes and your shoes are always walking through spit, dirt, children’s pee and poop, and your own & strangers’ pee splash from squatting. Doesn’t happen as much in NA, but that’s just how they grew up.

ETA: I’m almost 30 but my mother would still beat me if she saw me walking with outdoor shoes on in my house in NA that I OWN 😂.

• Wow
Lol nothing weird about either, just thought it was a white people thing because no one in my culture would do it. I mean, it’s sold in the refrigerated section, so maybe that’s why we always keep it in the fridge? The shoes thing makes sense because where my parents grew up, bathrooms are giant squat holes and your shoes are always walking through spit, dirt, children’s pee and poop, and your own & strangers’ pee splash from squatting. Doesn’t happen as much in NA, but that’s just how they grew up.

ETA: I’m almost 30 but my mother would still beat me if she saw me walking with outdoor shoes on in my house in NA that I OWN 😂.
Okay, so I have a question (sorry if off topic). If you have people over, do they have to take their shoes off? I once went to a party where this was the rule and I thought it was bizarre to see everyone in their socks; I also did not feel comfortable walking around like that and, to top it off, had specifically worn an awesome pair of boots to the party only to end up having to take them off at the entrance 😂. It’s not part of my culture to take our shoes off so I don’t know if that’s normal among people who take them off for cultural reasons? (For the record, I don’t actually wear outside shoes in my own house, but I never ask my guests to. I just vacuum after they leave.)

Okay, so I have a question (sorry if off topic). If you have people over, do they have to take their shoes off? I once went to a party where this was the rule and I thought it was bizarre to see everyone in their socks; I also did not feel comfortable walking around like that and, to top it off, had specifically worn an awesome pair of boots to the party only to end up having to take them off at the entrance 😂. It’s not part of my culture to take our shoes off so I don’t know if that’s normal among people who take them off for cultural reasons? (For the record, I don’t actually wear outside shoes in my own house, but I never ask my guests to. I just vacuum after they leave.)
I can't understand how anyone could wear outdoor shoes into their home or anyone else's, isn't that so unhygienic??

Reactions: 10

Ahh, I understand. Any chance your parents are from a tropical country? I spent some time in Southeast Asia for a holiday (lived in an airbnb with a kitchen for a few months) and was told to always keep food in the fridge because it would spoil very quickly in the hot weather and humidity.

I can't understand how anyone could wear outdoor shoes into their home or anyone else's, isn't that so unhygienic??
It's something that's very North American and also regional - I guess because most of us live in cities, drive to and from work, and work indoors. Most cities are quite clean so it's not considered dirty.

It's less common in my part of Canada because we get A LOT of snow for at least half the year so you wouldn't want to drag slush and mud into the house. It's also less common when I lived in NYC (quite a dirty city but I know people who still do it) and New England (also lots of snow) for similar reasons. But in places like Vancouver, California, or the American South, where the weather is nice-ish year round, I think it's common to not take your shoes off.

Last edited:
Technically, yes, but it’s not unheard of at all in the US (and in many other countries). In my experience, it is more common in the US for people to not take their shoes off, and I would imagine Canada as well.

Technically, yes, but it’s not unheard of at all in the US (and in many other countries). In my experience, it is more common in the US for people to not take their shoes off, and I would imagine Canada as well.
I think it's more common for people to take shoes off in Canada because we have bad weather in most places - even in British Columbia, where the weather is mild year round, you get constant rain so no one wants to walk around the house with wet shoes! And come to think of it, maybe people from parts of Europe with nicer weather (Mediterranean and Southern Europe) might keeps shoes on as well? My boyfriend grew up in Norway and they always took shoes off cause of the snow.

Lol, someone wrote in the comments on the Bainbridge Island video: "I'm proud of you Elle. Staying in the US and making a new life for yourself on your own, without your mom living nearby. Awesome." As if spending your mom's money is such an honour.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

LOL I'm white but my family always takes our shoes off inside . Like I walk around in public restrooms in my shoes why would I drag that filth into my house? And you can't sanitize carpet well either. Esp since it rains and snows a lot I couldn't imagine it at all. Maybe warmer places where everyone doesn't have carpet it works out better? I also keep butter in the fridge (and peanut butter but my bf says that's weird) but my bf's family leaves butter out which grosses me out. If I'm not putting bread in the fridge I leave it in a sealed container or zip top bag, I really didnt understand the bread in a drawer thing at all.

Lol, someone wrote in the comments on the Bainbridge Island video: "I'm proud of you Elle. Staying in the US and making a new life for yourself on your own, without your mom living nearby. Awesome." As if spending your mom's money is such an honour.
those ladies who lunch really fan girl over ole Elle

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.