Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she can claim French if her father doesn't acknowledge paternity, since it sounds like him and Ginette weren't married and he didn't want to be involved with her in any way. Not sure if she can get Italian through the grandmother on Ginette's side.
If he’s alive and still a French citizen, nothing a DNA test can’t sort out, if she actually put her mind to it. I think Ginette will have to get the Italian passport and only then she can claim it but I guess it’s pointless to go around collecting all these nationalities if she is already a EU citizen.

Reactions: 6
I feel like Elle would have a hard time dating in Western or Northern Europe, to be honest. People living in those places marry very late or not at all, and in a lot of cultures (especially Nordic countries, Netherlands, Germany, etc.), it's all about equality and everyone pulling their weight whether they're a man or woman. Eleanor is not going to have too much luck getting a guy to support her financially over there. Also (and I say this as a North American), women there are much thinner and better looking on average than in North America so she's gonna have stiff competition.
Definitely everything I've heard about Scandinavia and western Europe it sounds like everyone is very lax about marriage, sometimes only getting married after having a few kids together. That definitely doesn't bode well for her very north American standards. Elle definitely wouldn't enjoy the sizing of European clothes they seem to do less vanity sizing.

Reactions: 8

Small YouTuber I quite like - Angelique Eva - she’s well spoken, very upbeat, updates frequently & has a curated collection of luxury items which is trendy/in style. She’s also pretty down to earth and weighs the pros/cons + value of each luxury purchase. Also plot twist ! She’s actually German (actually European lol) and speaks English perfectly & never tries to “enhance” her Europeaness

Another chill but actually luxe YouTuber - Alyssa Lenore -

And yet another small luxury YouTuber - bonjour aika - lives with her Husband in Switzerland and has a fantastic luxury collection and good taste while having a really nice demeanour (not showy at all) - - Elle would be so jealous of her life !

Minks4All - another luxury YouTuber with a real chill , down to earth personality

Heyyjune :

I just find it interesting that all of these women have far more extensive luxury collections than Elle and aren’t in the least bit as pretentious as she is. Nor do they have a strange superiority complex over anyone who doesn’t share their passion on luxury.

Luxpurselove is also so cheery and nice and her voice is so pleasantly :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKomxS71KM

She’s so happy and pleasant to watch :)
Luxpurselove is from Nashville (so am I) and is the definition of down to earth and classy. I fell in love with her channel when she had a bad experience with Chanel and you could tell she was so pissed, and she had a right to be. But you could tell she isn't upright or pretentious at all. She's also been with her husband for over 20 years!

Reactions: 3
Definitely everything I've heard about Scandinavia and western Europe it sounds like everyone is very lax about marriage, sometimes only getting married after having a few kids together. That definitely doesn't bode well for her very north American standards. Elle definitely wouldn't enjoy the sizing of European clothes they seem to do less vanity sizing.
My half Scandinavian half Dutch boyfriend is more traditional than almost all his friends back home and he doesn't really care for marriage either, but he knows it's important to me and because my passport is much more useful here in North America, so we'll probably get married sooner than later if it goes well. But you're definitely right about them having multiple kids without being married! His older brother recently married in his 40s after two kids and 10+ years with the same woman.

You're also bang on about vanity sizing - I've always been on the thin side here (~110 lbs, 5'7) but when I went shopping in Norway and tried on Scandinavian brands, I often had to wear a S or even M (because I like a looser fit) because the XS wouldn't fit at all. Miss 130lbs, 5'4 Eleanor would NOT be a size 0 to 2 there.

Reactions: 10
You're also bang on about vanity sizing - I've always been on the thin side here (~110 lbs, 5'7) but when I went shopping in Norway and tried on Scandinavian brands, I often had to wear a S or even M (because I like a looser fit) because the XS wouldn't fit at all. Miss 130lbs, 5'4 Eleanor would NOT be a size 0 to 2 there.
We don't even really have sizes 0 and 2 here (in the UK at least). The smallest I've ever seen in a UK high street shop (i.e. places like Topshop) is a size 4, and most women are somewhere between 10-16, depending on their body shape and the shop. Elle would probably be a UK 10, closer to a 12 when she's hitting the gud pasta. It would kill her to buy clothes here. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We don't even really have sizes 0 and 2 here (in the UK at least). The smallest I've ever seen in a UK high street shop (i.e. places like Topshop) is a size 4, and most women are somewhere between 10-16, depending on their body shape and the shop. Elle would probably be a UK 10, closer to a 12 when she's hitting the gud pasta. It would kill her to buy clothes here. :ROFLMAO:
I sometimes wear a UK 6 but more often 8 in UK high street brands! I was definitely a bit shocked when that first happened after wearing 0 and 00 in North America for so long (and they would be baggy on me!) while size 6 UK was often too snug or uncomfortable to sit down in. Maybe that's why Eleanor left the UK as soon as she graduated - being a UK size 10 or 12 was killing her. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
The fact she mentioned its longevity show she reads here for sure
Maybe she doesn't use it a lot (she claims she does during #teamas lmao) or just got lucky but if you look at reviews of Smeg small appliances anywhere, more than half the comments are people complaining about the lack of longevity or poor quality for something so expensive, and how it all broke down in less than two years!

Reactions: 4
I sometimes wear a UK 6 but more often 8 in UK high street brands! I was definitely a bit shocked when that first happened after wearing 0 and 00 in North America for so long (and they would be baggy on me!) while size 6 UK was often too snug or uncomfortable to sit down in. Maybe that's why Eleanor left the UK as soon as she graduated - being a UK size 10 or 12 was killing her. :ROFLMAO:
I wish I could fit into an 8! I'm a pretty solid 10-12 myself, so I know Elle is totally lying since we have similar body shapes (although I'm a bit curvier and I have calves!). There is really no point in Elle lying about her size since it's so bloody obvious she isn't what she claims to be...maybe she thinks everyone watching has eyes as dodgy as hers (cheap shot, I know :censored:).

• Haha
The fact she mentioned its longevity show she reads here for sure
Yep, and she mentioned her Kwiat studs because we talked about how she overpaid for them and has crappy diamond jewelry. 😂 I didn’t know she upgraded her studs already but I wonder if she’s lying since she didn’t even show a closeup of them (the inset video was of her old .50 ctw studs).

This is going to sound really pretentious on my part, but I hate the sizing here in the US. European sizing is much more consistent because it doesn’t cater to vanity sizing. When clothes don’t fit you just size up and take it to the tailor. It’s not a big deal. I’m sure Elle would freak out at the idea of having to wear UK size 10 when she insists she is a UK size 4-6 since she is a size 0-2 in the United States. 😂

Also I’m not sure if you remember but she did say in an old, old video (when she was dating Chris) she wears UK size 8, although she wasn’t as curvy then as she is now.

Reactions: 6
I wish I could fit into an 8! I'm a pretty solid 10-12 myself, so I know Elle is totally lying since we have similar body shapes (although I'm a bit curvier and I have calves!). There is really no point in Elle lying about her size since it's so bloody obvious she isn't what she claims to be...maybe she thinks everyone watching has eyes as dodgy as hers (cheap shot, I know :censored:).
I think it’s definitely a combination of genetics (the women on my dad’s side are all rail thin...my grandmother is 90 pounds!) but I also eat way less dairy and sugar than most people around me, so a somewhat restrictive diet and working out is part of it as well. I think as I get older and before I have children, I want to be around a size 8 to 10 because being too thin also makes you look old (those ultra skinny relatives also have pretty horsey faces 🤣).

Elle’s legs look so bad. Can’t tell if she skips leg day or she’s just genetically very heavy in the middle. Can you get more calf definition even if you’re prone to chicken legs with the right exercises?

Yep, and she mentioned her Kwiat studs because we talked about how she overpaid for them and has crappy diamond jewelry. 😂 I didn’t know she upgraded her studs already but I wonder if she’s lying since she didn’t even show a closeup of them (the inset video was of her old .50 ctw studs).

This is going to sound really pretentious on my part, but I hate the sizing here in the US. European sizing is much more consistent because it doesn’t cater to vanity sizing. When clothes don’t fit you just size up and take it to the tailor. It’s not a big deal. I’m sure Elle would freak out at the idea of having to wear UK size 10 when she insists she is a UK size 4-6 since she is a size 0-2 in the United States. 😂

Also I’m not sure if you remember but she did say in an old, old video (when she was dating Chris) she wears UK size 8, although she wasn’t as curvy then as she is now.
She’s a liar - what stores and brands in North America call a size 0 or 2 is much closer to a UK size 6 or 8. XS or XXS is basically size 8 or 6.

I’m sure some Europeans brands do vanity sizing as well? I wear a UK 6 or XS in Zara and H&M very comfortably but for more high street or luxury brands, I’m closer to a UK 8 and I’m twenty pounds less than Elle and three inches taller.

Reactions: 5
I think she figures bc she can squeeze into the smaller size that that's her size. I'm her height and weight less than her and don't know how she fits in size 24 jeans, unless those brands she buys are extra stretchy? I legit have only fit into size 24 jeans when I've gone through periods of stress where I can't eat and get down to like 96/98 lbs and even then my legs fit in but it still digs into my hips. I'm guessing her pelvis is smaller than less boxy than mine. Chase amie is around elle's size maybe a little smaller and she wears size 26 for most jeans. So either she's lying about her size or since she never washes her jeans she just eventually stretches them out.

Yawn. Nordstrom Haul. Another video I won't even bother clicking on. Seriously, do people still haul more clothes with everything that's been going on around the world the past few months?

She is sooo boring, she is putting me to sleep. We need a PLOT TWIST on The Elle Show. It has jumped the shark. Eleanor, you need to hire a new script writer.
she is so tone deaf

Reactions: 2
I think it’s definitely a combination of genetics (the women on my dad’s side are all rail thin...my grandmother is 90 pounds!) but I also eat way less dairy and sugar than most people around me, so a somewhat restrictive diet and working out is part of it as well. I think as I get older and before I have children, I want to be around a size 8 to 10 because being too thin also makes you look old (those ultra skinny relatives also have pretty horsey faces 🤣).

Elle’s legs look so bad. Can’t tell if she skips leg day or she’s just genetically very heavy in the middle. Can you get more calf definition even if you’re prone to chicken legs with the right exercises?

She’s a liar - what stores and brands in North America call a size 0 or 2 is much closer to a UK size 6 or 8. XS or XXS is basically size 8 or 6.

I’m sure some Europeans brands do vanity sizing as well? I wear a UK 6 or XS in Zara and H&M very comfortably but for more high street or luxury brands, I’m closer to a UK 8 and I’m twenty pounds less than Elle and three inches taller.
Lol your family sounds like mine, my grandma was 88 lbs when she got married and was only 113 when she gave birth to my mom. My mom is your height and weight and she's 59! I'm the "fat" one on her side of the family

• Wow
Reactions: 4

The thing is the clothes might technically fit as she is jumping of her wardrobe into them, but they are all so unflattering and tight on. that dress she wore in the video doesn't fit at her arms at all

oh there are some things we really can't unsee

I think she figures bc she can squeeze into the smaller size that that's her size. I'm her height and weight less than her and don't know how she fits in size 24 jeans, unless those brands she buys are extra stretchy? I legit have only fit into size 24 jeans when I've gone through periods of stress where I can't eat and get down to like 96/98 lbs and even then my legs fit in but it still digs into my hips. I'm guessing her pelvis is smaller than less boxy than mine. Chase amie is around elle's size maybe a little smaller and she wears size 26 for most jeans. So either she's lying about her size or since she never washes her jeans she just eventually stretches them out.
The elastane in her jeans helps her a lot. 😂 I weigh less than she does and I cannot fit into designer trousers that are size 34 FR/38 IT, which I believe is the equivalent of size 24 jeans. I’d LOVE to see Elle try to fit into designer RTW and get put in her place when she sees she’s not the runway model size 0-2 like she thinks she is. 🤣🤣

When she was dating Joe she said she puts her jeans in the freezer, but she’s an idiot because that method is only for raw denim/selvedge jeans. I’m sure she’d hate wearing selvedge because those have no give at all, unlike the mall brand skinny jeans she sausages herself into. 😂

I still remember when she complained how Everlane jeans are too tight (I actually think they run a little big) and all I could think was...honey, it’s because you’re not a size 24-25...

The elastane in her jeans helps her a lot. 😂 I weigh less than she does and I cannot fit into designer trousers that are size 34 FR/38 IT, which I believe is the equivalent of size 24 jeans. I’d LOVE to see Elle try to fit into designer RTW and get put in her place when she sees she’s not the runway model size 0-2 like she thinks she is. 🤣🤣

When she was dating Joe she said she puts her jeans in the freezer, but she’s an idiot because that method is only for raw denim/selvedge jeans. I’m sure she’d hate wearing selvedge because those have no give at all, unlike the skinny jeans she sausages herself into. 😂

I still remember when she complained how Everlane jeans are too tight (I actually think they run a little big) and all I could think was...honey, it’s because you’re not a size 24-25...
the brands she wears are very forgiving and for sure vanity size I speak from experience.
Its so strange to lie about your size..whats the big deal if you are a UK 8-10??
Its ok to not be a size 2 Elle.

Lol your family sounds like mine, my grandma was 88 lbs when she got married and was only 113 when she gave birth to my mom. My mom is your height and weight and she's 59! I'm the "fat" one on her side of the family
I’m the fat one on that side of the family as well! 😆 Luckily my mom’s family is more normal sized or I’d go insane. Your mom sounds so thin! I’m pretty happy with my figure at the moment but I really doubt I’d be able to maintain it when I’m 59!

Real size 24 is really hard to fit into comfortably - I was only able to do it and wear it all day when I lost a lot of weight in college and was under 100 pounds. I’m pretty sure at this point, even if I manage to button it, it’ll be very very uncomfortable. I wear size 25 and am happy with it.

Good point about Amie! And Elle probably buys jeans that both vanity size and have elastane, as someone mentioned above. She also doesn’t mind squeezing her round, soft body in for a sausage casing look so that’s part of it as well.

• Haha
Her body type is weird...when she is starving herself she is still soft but looks gaunt in the face, if that makes sense? And now that she is her normal size she looks rubenesque because she doesn’t wear her correct size. Anyway, I’m sure if she wore her true size she’d look much better and thinner/taller, which we all know she is desperate to achieve.

Reactions: 5
Her body type is weird...when she is starving herself she is still soft but looks gaunt in the face, if that makes sense? And now that she is her normal size she looks rubenesque because she doesn’t wear her correct size. Anyway, I’m sure if she wore her true size she’d look much better and thinner/taller, which we all know she is desperate to achieve.
She's classic skinny-fat. Her face won't age well, especially if she keeps gaining and losing weight.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.