Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t remember there ever being a blue Tiffany box in the background of her IG stories/photos to show this.
Why do I feel like there was for some reason at one point...🤔 I wish I had a receipt to confirm this, just to be sure. Either way, another poster above showed how she said it was from there and even tagged them, so she definitely wanted to give off that impression for sure, and that was the main point I wanted to make. It is possible I may have gotten this mixed up with something else because I feel like she mentioned or showed at some point how she keeps the pouches and some of the packaging (I wasn’t a forum participant at that point and didn’t pay as close attention as I do now) but that might’ve been her Tiffany collection video or another Instagram story. Apologies if my memory isn’t completely accurate, it’s been many months and Smelley has so much going on that it’s hard to keep track. 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I have some Costco jewelry that I really like, specifically Akoya pearls; they're very beautiful and were reasonably priced. They're actually bigger and have more luTHster than Elle's, cost less, are certified, and came with a return policy.

There's no way Rick would shell out $10k for an engagement ring from Tiffany or anywhere else.

Reactions: 8
Why do I feel like there was for some reason at one point...🤔 I wish I had a receipt to confirm this, just to be sure. Either way, another poster above showed how she said it was from there and even tagged them, so she definitely wanted to give off that impression for sure, and that was the main point I wanted to make. It is possible I may have gotten this mixed up with something else because I feel like she mentioned or showed at some point how she keeps the pouches and some of the packaging (I wasn’t a forum participant at that point and didn’t pay as close attention as I do now) but that might’ve been her Tiffany collection video or another Instagram story. Apologies if my memory isn’t completely accurate, it’s been many months and Smelley has so much going on that it’s hard to keep track. 😅
Oh no worries, I remember another poster linking a video she did of her entire Tiffany collection which was the most cringeworthy thing I’ve ever seen. It was a montage of her dramatically finding Tiffany pieces throughout her house lmao. When it came to her showing off her engagement ring, though, she was reluctant to make a video about it plus I didn’t see a blue box in any of her stories, just her tagging @tiffanyandco which was a dead giveaway that the ring in fact wasn’t from Tiffany.

Reactions: 7
Oh no worries, I remember another poster linking a video she did of her entire Tiffany collection which was the most cringeworthy thing I’ve ever seen. It was a montage of her dramatically finding Tiffany pieces throughout her house lmao. When it came to her showing off her engagement ring, though, she was reluctant to make a video about it plus I didn’t see a blue box in any of her stories, just her tagging @tiffanyandco which was a dead giveaway that the ring in fact wasn’t from Tiffany.
Oh my God I remember that one! She would hide them in like a tree or her candy jar and discover it, gasp and smirk, and then put it on herself.

I was looking up Elle and Tiffany’s and I can’t believe she did this giveaway many years ago when she first hit 10k. It’s weird how her channel was way less popular and she was younger, yet she was much more generous and grateful for her subscribers:

All she gives away now is her dodgy “heirloom” jewelry. 😆

Is her Tiffany collection really that extensive? I think she has pretty basic stuff from them. I don't think she ever got any Tiffany piece herself, it was all either gifts or hand-me-downs.

Maybe one of the posters before is right about The Dollz being as much of aspiring wealthy women as is Smelle. I looked up the Brunette Doll online and it looks like her husband's small construction business went bust after two decades. Now he's a business coach or some other BS.
I've looked the blonde one up before and it looks like she's been an aspiring lifestyle/fashion guru for a very long time. She's had A TON of little projects/blogs over the years but I don't get the impression that any of them took off and judging by her lookbook account, she was also a brunette at some point in the past. If you guys look her name up on Google, and go to images, you'll see mentions of many different blogs and websites she's established over the years (Bergdorf to Bloomberg, twosevenths, Stylestruck, The Paper & Coffee, all of which are now defunct and she's trying to sell pre-made cosmos atm on Instagram under a new company she's created). The more digging I do, the more I'm convinced Smelley hangs out with a very uppity, questionable crowd who are trying really hard to sell a certain lifestyle and image, but I'm not convinced any of them are actual career women who've managed to commit to anything they've done and do well in that. It looks like they’ve all just had very standard 9-to-5 jobs but lots of ambitions with their side projects, and a strong desire to hang out at the Vancouver Club 🤣. Their little projects and businesses all sound like a twist on Eleanor's "businesses" and if this crowd were Elle's closest friends, I'm less surprised at why she sees herself as a "girlboss" lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I've looked the blonde one up before and it looks like she's been an aspiring lifestyle/fashion guru for a very long time. She's had A TON of little projects/blogs over the years but I don't get the impression that any of them took off and judging by her lookbook account, she was also a brunette at some point in the past. If you guys look her name up on Google, and go to images, you'll see mentions of many different blogs and websites she's established over the years (Bergdorf to Bloomberg, twosevenths, Stylestruck, The Paper & Coffee, all of which are now defunct and she's trying to sell pre-made cosmos atm on Instagram under a new company she's created). The more digging I do, the more I'm convinced Smelley hangs out with a very uppity, questionable crowd who are trying really hard to sell a certain lifestyle and image, but I'm not convinced any of them are actual career women who've managed to commit to anything they've done and do well in that. It looks like they’ve all just had very standard 9-to-5 jobs but lots of ambitions with their side projects, and a strong desire to hang out at the Vancouver Club 🤣. Their little projects and businesses all sound like a twist on Eleanor's "businesses" and if this crowd were Elle's closest friends, I'm less surprised at why she sees herself as a "girlboss" lol.
Lol and she's at least 15-20 years late on the cosmo train. Who would actually buy that? A Cosmo isnt very difficult to make either.

Also the Instagram for the cosmo company is so bad. Just aspirational looking photos that she stole off of other people and some from what I am assuming is her own place? Sure it fits a color theme but it doesn't say anything. It does nothing to sell the product. And the name has me dying, maybe she's also a Megan markle/kate Middleton fan?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Lol and she's at least 15-20 years late on the cosmo train. Who would actually buy that? A Cosmo isnt very difficult to make either.

Also the Instagram for the cosmo company is so bad. Just aspirational looking photos that she stole off of other people and some from what I am assuming is her own place? Sure it fits a color theme but it doesn't say anything. It does nothing to sell the product. And the name has me dying, maybe she's also a Megan markle/kate Middleton fan?
I was wondering about that too. Do people still drink cosmos? Or is this one of those cyclical things where everything old is new again?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

LOL that name...🤔 I bet they were all thrilled when Meghan Markle married Prince Harry and became a “duchess.” She seems to have launched the business post that royal wedding.

Maybe my social circle is just really old-fashioned but I don’t know any aspiring influencers and anyone that is an “entrepreneur” is someone who actually has a product, and has been supported by an angel investor or gone through series A/B/C funding and none of us hang out at Vancouver Club esque places (seems stuffy and like it’s for old people or wannabe Stepford Wives), have a “squad name” such as The Dolls, or refer to ourselves as girl bosses. Just seems like a really weird crowd and like they’re trying way too hard.

Maybe one of the posters before is right about The Dollz being as much of aspiring wealthy women as is Smelle. I looked up the Brunette Doll online and it looks like her husband's small construction business went bust after two decades. Now he's a business coach or some other BS.
Also if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, her husband seems to have graduated college in 1991 according to his Linkedin while her Linkedin says 2011. Doesn't that mean they're 20 years apart?!? And I thought Rickets was old! :oops:

Last edited:
LOL that name...🤔 I bet they were all thrilled when Meghan Markle married Prince Harry and became a “duchess.” She seems to have launched the business post that royal wedding.

Maybe my social circle is just really old-fashioned but I don’t know any aspiring influencers and anyone that is an “entrepreneur” is someone who actually has a product, and has been supported by an angel investor or gone through series A/B/C funding and none of us hang out at Vancouver Club esque places (seems stuffy and like it’s for old people or wannabe Stepford Wives), have a “squad name” such as The Dolls, or refer to ourselves as girl bosses. Just seems like a really weird crowd and like they’re trying way too hard.

Also if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, her husband seems to have graduated college in 1991 according to his Linkedin while her Linkedin says 2011. Doesn't that mean they're 20 years apart?!? And I thought Rickets was old! :oops:
And if you're talking about who I think you're talking about (LOL!), I think this is the couple that owns the house on the water where Elle had her engagement "party." I think they also own the boat for those annual "Dolls" boat parties that Elle missed out on this year. And yes you're right, there's quite an age difference. There are a few pictures of them on her company's IG page and he does look at least 15-20 years older than her.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
And if you're talking about who I think you're talking about (LOL!), I think this is the couple that owns the house on the water where Elle had her engagement "party." I think they also own the boat for those annual "Dolls" boat parties that Elle missed out on this year. And yes you're right, there's quite an age difference. There are a few pictures of them on her company's IG page and he does look at least 15-20 years older than her.
I’m kind of impressed with the other Doll who is a sommelier and owns that huge house and vineyards in rural BC (Elle showed a glimpse of it in one of her vlogs where she was visiting Vancouver to pick up Beebee).

I remember this! There was a post at some point that included a Tiffany box. It may have just been the corner of the box and I don’t think it showed the logo but I do remember this.

• Wow
I remember this! There was a post at some point that included a Tiffany box. It may have just been the corner of the box and I don’t think it showed the logo but I do remember this.
Oh wow maybe I missed this then! Any chance she just reused an old Tiffany box she had to help further create this “illusion”? The only picture I ever saw of the ring up close was of the screenshot that @drewberry_moore posted in the last page of this thread.

None of The Dolls or their husbands own that boat. I looked it up, it seems to be a popular vessel that anyone can rent but it belongs to someone else. Some very wealthy family.

I agree the brunette's husband is much older than her. Probably this is why they didn't question the reasons for Dickles sliding into Smelle's DMs 😂

I also agree the blond doll's CV is full of 'director' positions for companies that she either started and didn't take off or some random unknown places. The bottled cosmo business is kinda lame and the name... 🙄 I think that's her dog's name 😂 Also, there's already a similarly named beverage brand: https://drinktheduchess.com/about-us/
I'm not an intellectual property lawyer but i think the blond doll should think about changing the name of her business

Oh my God I remember that one! She would hide them in like a tree or her candy jar and discover it, gasp and smirk, and then put it on herself.

I was looking up Elle and Tiffany’s and I can’t believe she did this giveaway many years ago when she first hit 10k. It’s weird how her channel was way less popular and she was younger, yet she was much more generous and grateful for her subscribers:

All shne gives away now is her dodgy “heirloom” jewelry. 😆
I don't think she was 'grateful'. It was a way of buying subscribers, because to win the item you had to subscribe to her channel. Afterwards, she discovered she can just buy subscriptions without having to make a trip to the shop lol

Last edited:
8 diamonds is a very special number for them guys! 1 Diamond for every month together! #loveofmylife
who can forget his face when she called him "The love of her life"

None of The Dolls or their husbands own that boat. I looked it up, it seems to be a popular vessel that anyone can rent but it belongs to someone else. Some very wealthy family.

I agree the brunette's husband is much older than her. Probably this is why they didn't question the reasons for Dickles sliding into Smelle's DMs 😂

I also agree the blond doll's CV is full of 'director' positions for companies that she either started and didn't take off or some random unknown places. The bottled cosmo business is kinda lame and the name... 🙄 I think that's her dog's name 😂 Also, there's already a similarly named beverage brand: https://drinktheduchess.com/about-us/
I'm not an intellectual property lawyer but i think the blond doll should think about changing the name of her business

I don't think she was 'grateful'. It was a way of buying subscribers, because to win the item you had to subscribe to her channel. Afterwards, she discovered she can just buy subscriptions without having to make a trip to the shop lol
I think The Dolls didn't question anything with Rick as Elle isn't really their friend.

Even if I liked Eleanor I would still think this is ugly.
why didn't she film a ring video??

who can forget his face when she called him "The love of her life"
I didn't watch any videos with Dickles in it. I thought he was ultra creepy. Does this video still exist in our "archive" somewhere? Now I'm curious!

Reactions: 3
I’m so glad someone else remember seeing this as well, and I wasn’t going crazy. 😆 I feel like she dropped a lot of random hints about it being from Tiffany’s, like the post with the Tiffany box, the screenshot the ladies had above, and did she also mention it in the now deleted engagement video?

why didn't she film a ring video??
There was clearly no video because she figured she could lie about it being from Tiffany and Co. in her Instagram stories but a whole video would be too much. Granted, she is used to lying, but this lie would be not just about herself — it would drag Ricklets into it and we know his family would see right through her then. That said, pretty bold of her to lie about the ring in her stories! I’m sure she agreed on it with Ricklets.

There was clearly no video because she figured she could lie about it being from Tiffany and Co. in her Instagram stories but a whole video would be too much. Granted, she is used to lying, but this lie would be not just about herself — it would drag Ricklets into it and we know his family would see right through her then. That said, pretty bold of her to lie about the ring in her stories! I’m sure she agreed on it with Ricklets.
I’m sure she used some twisted reasoning to convince him, like how she doesn’t care how expensive it is but her viewers do a lot and expect her to get a Tiffany ring, and how it’ll negatively impact her channel if knew the truth. And Dickles isn’t exactly the paragon of morality...remember how he presented his first marriage? Two peas in a messy pod.

I’m so glad someone else remember seeing this as well, and I wasn’t going crazy. 😆 I feel like she dropped a lot of random hints about it being from Tiffany’s, like the post with the Tiffany box, the screenshot the ladies had above, and did she also mention it in the now deleted engagement video?
No, I don’t recall her mentioning where the ring was from in any video. Regarding the box, I think someone spotted what looked like a Tiffany’s box in the background of a video and it seemed like it had been deliberately placed, but other than the screenshot shared, there was never any mention of Tiffany’s or any box on her Instagram.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.