Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s true, I forgot about her white lie with her engagement ring. 😂🙄 There is no way Rick could afford Tiffany’s anything; I certainly can’t afford any of their fine jewelry, but I know enough that Tiffany’s wouldn’t deign to make custom jewelry for small fry like Dickles.

Still, though, how can Elle not know how crappy her tennis bracelet is? She has those diamond studs and while they were overpriced, they are still much nicer and whiter than her bracelet. She tries to play off how much she knows about gemstones and jewelry and yet she doesn't seem to mind wearing crappy pearls and diamonds. 🙄

Sorry if I am coming off as snobby. I have cheap, mall brand jewelry myself and most of the jewelry I own is more sentimental to me than actually valuable. But I definitely would not keep an ex’s gifted jewelry unless I knew it was super expensive...and even then I’d still try to see how much money I could make off it. 😂😂😈
She also claimed she went toTahiti to source Tahitian pearls but in reality it was a 15 day cruise with her mom. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yet another proof of how our independent girlboss hustler needs mommy to pay for her holiday because all pearl scam $$$ were spent on Ferragamo shoes from sale and Club Monaco granny dresses 😂

Reactions: 6
@thecatlass: Did she ever mention where the bracelet was from? We have a department store called the Bay that’s all over the country and they sell a lot of in-house, non branded precious jewellery, in addition to the expensive, branded things. I’ve seen lower quality diamonds go for $200-800 there.

@MissGlam21: One of my favorite moments is after they attended Joe’s company’s holiday party, and they were walking past a Gucci or something at 10pm. Smelley was vlogging and talking about how she wishes the store was open so she could go look at shoes. Joe was walking really fast and away from her, but you could hear him off camera and sarcastically go “yes because that’s what you need, more shoes” and the idiot just giggled. He was so fed up with her.
LOL! What vlog was this?

Also does anyone have the tennis bracelet repair vlog?

Reactions: 4
That’s true, I forgot about her white lie with her engagement ring. 😂🙄 There is no way Rick could afford Tiffany’s anything; I certainly can’t afford any of their fine jewelry, but I know enough that Tiffany’s wouldn’t deign to make custom jewelry for small fry like Dickles.

Still, though, how can Elle not know how crappy her tennis bracelet is? She has those diamond studs and while they were overpriced, they are still much nicer and whiter than her bracelet. She tries to play off how much she knows about gemstones and jewelry and yet she doesn't seem to mind wearing crappy pearls and diamonds. 🙄

Sorry if I am coming off as snobby. I have cheap, mall brand jewelry myself and most of the jewelry I own is more sentimental to me than actually valuable. But I definitely would not keep an ex’s gifted jewelry unless I knew it was super expensive...and even then I’d still try to see how much money I could make off it. 😂😂😈
Here’s my take on the ring:
There is a ring that looked just like Elles on the Tiffany website. It was posted on the GG thread and I think it started at $10K. No way Rick could afford that. I bet Elle let him know that is the ring she wants, he took a photo of the ring to a jeweller and had a custom made ring for a cheaper price. That’s how Elle got to calling her ring a custom Tiffany.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Great description of The Dolls ™, honestly. I know some GG ladies were praising some of the Dolls who are #girlboss goals and wearing new Chanel pieces and Instagramming about their sangria-soaked weekends at the cottage. Which is fine, but really not that important. With everything that's happened in the last few months, I just can't be bothered with all the fakeness that comes from people, like Elle and The Dolls™, who preen and curate their life for social media.

I can't recall if Joe ever met the Dolls? I think Elle was maybe a tiny bit embarrassed by Joe and his -- sorry, just being very frank here -- baldness and somewhat dry and dull personality? I am being really harsh, I know, but from what we saw he didn't seem like the most talkative or engaging person. I think she is so insecure that she hid him away from those posh events at the Vancouver Club.
To be honest, I never got the impression that they were socialites, just upper middle class young women who happened to pay for a membership at the Vancouver Club. Going to the family cottage on the weekends is a regular past time for a lot of us living in Canada, not just for the ultra wealthy. Nothing wrong with that either but I think those girls and Elle are all a lot more image conscious than they let on, and the fact that they're trying so hard to portray this makes me think they're probably more similar to Smelle socioeconomically than not. The fact that they all gather together to strategically take matchy photos during holidays and call themselves "The Dolls" is a giveaway that the lifestyle they're trying to present is not part of their regular, daily lives.

Baldness is pretty common in men (including wealthy ones) so I'm not entirely sure about that part but I do think overall, Joe is probably quite average relative to the sorts of men that the Dolls are dating or aspire to date. He seems nice but as you said, pretty dull and kind of awkward, so I can see him not really fitting in with those girls and their partners. He's also cute in a dorky way but not handsome or tall/fit and I'm guessing Elle won't have a ton of luck showing him off to them (and I doubt Joe will be the type to play along for long). The only people she's consistently managed to impress are her select middle aged viewers, but they even called Rickets accomplished and handsome so clearly their judgment is questionable.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Here’s my take on the ring:
There is a ring that looked just like Elles on the Tiffany website. It was posted on the GG thread and I think it started at $10K. No way Rick could afford that. I bet Elle let him know that is the ring she wants, he took a photo of the ring to a jeweller and had a custom made ring for a cheaper price. That’s how Elle got to calling her ring a custom Tiffany.
I don’t even think he went to a private jeweler. Sure, they’re much cheaper than going somewhere like Tiffany’s or Cartier, but they’re much more expensive than big box jewelers and mall stores.

I’m banking he went somewhere like Costco/Sam’s Club or Kay’s/Zales...or even Macy’s. There are a lot of places that sell yellow diamonds with the same setting.

Reactions: 9
I might be in the minority here but I usually keep whatever gifts my exes have given me and if it's a piece of clothing or jewelry, I wear it just like any other normal pieces (if I really like the item, I'll wear it more and vice versa). To me, if it's a nice item that I enjoy, I don't really associate it with the ex. That being said, I'm on good terms with the few exes that I do have and some of us are even friends and hang out occasionally and I've met their new partners, so maybe it's less controversial. If I was broken up with the way Smelley has been in her past few relationships, it's hard to say if I'd feel the same way.

LOL! What vlog was this?

Also does anyone have the tennis bracelet repair vlog?
I feel like it was a vlogmas one (someone help me out here, if you remember the exact video?) and she deleted or hid the tennis bracelet repair one (hopefully someone has it).

I don’t even think he went to a private jeweler. Sure, they’re much cheaper than going somewhere like Tiffany’s or Cartier, but they’re much more expensive than big box jewelers and mall stores.

I’m banking he went somewhere like Costco/Sam’s Club or Kay’s/Zales...or even Macy’s. There are a lot of places that sell yellow diamonds with the same setting.
I thought they couldn't find her exact ring (as in the number of small diamonds in the halo was different and the cut and luster was also quite different in the Tiffany rings vs. Smelley's ring?) and started questioning it, and then Smelley put up a story saying it was custom and how 8 was her favorite number and that's why it had 8 pave diamonds around the middle stone.

Either way, it was a pretty standard looking engagement ring and I agree with you that she could've found something in that style and those specifications easily from any big-box store.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I might be in the minority here but I usually keep whatever gifts my exes have given me and if it's a piece of clothing or jewelry, I wear it just like any other normal pieces (if I really like the item, I'll wear it more and vice versa). To me, if it's a nice item that I enjoy, I don't really associate it with the ex. That being said, I'm on good terms with the few exes that I do have and some of us are even friends and hang out occasionally and I've met their new partners, so maybe it's less controversial. If I was broken up with the way Smelley has been in her past few relationships, it's hard to say if I'd feel the same way.

I feel like it was a vlogmas one (someone help me out here, if you remember the exact video?) and she took off the tennis bracelet repair one (hopefully someone has it).

I thought they couldn't find her exact ring (as in the number of small diamonds in the halo was different and the cut and luster was also quite different in the Tiffany rings vs. Smelley's ring?) and started questioning it, and then Smelley put up a story saying it was custom and how 8 was her favorite number and that's why it had 8 pave diamonds around the middle stone.

Either way, it was a pretty standard looking engagement ring and I agree with you that she could've found something in that style and those specifications easily from any big-box store.
Lol, I have a inkling she fibbed/lied about it being custom and the setting just happened to have 8 pave diamonds which she then used as her little story about how symbolic that was. I’ve had jewelry custom made (my own engagement ring is custom) and no offense to Dickles but I doubt he would have made the time and effort to go to a jeweler, pick out the stones, and be creative with the jewelry making process.

Someone like Chris, definitely, but Dickles seems like the type who can’t tell a quartz between a diamond and would just go to some rando store at a strip mall thinking that any jewelry is good jewelry. 😂😂

I also could be wrong but Elle never struck me as someone who liked fancy colored diamonds...unless it was pink. 😂😂😂

• Haha

I feel like it was a vlogmas one (someone help me out here, if you remember the exact video?) and she took off the tennis bracelet repair one (hopefully someone has it).

Yeah theres no way in hell Rick commissioned a custom ring from Tiffanys. He didn't have the cash for something like that and he would have had to put in the order for it before he even slipped into her DM's. They don't turn around custom orders in just a couple weeks . . . .

• Heart
Lol, I have a inkling she fibbed/lied about it being custom and the setting just happened to have 8 pave diamonds which she then used as her little story about how symbolic that was. I’ve had jewelry custom made (my own engagement ring is custom) and no offense to Dickles but I doubt he would have made the time and effort to go to a jeweler, pick out the stones, and be creative with the jewelry making process.

Someone like Chris, definitely, but Dickles seems like the type who can’t tell a quartz between a diamond and would just go to some rando store at a strip mall thinking that any jewelry is good jewelry. 😂😂

I also could be wrong but Elle never struck me as someone who liked fancy colored diamonds...unless it was pink. 😂😂😂
I was really surprised she got a yellow diamond as well! I know those became trendy a few years back but as you said, doesn't seem to align with Elle's tastes. I do believe they're quite a bit cheaper than clear diamonds though, so it might've been this.

Custom is definitely a lot of effort and research (I'd imagine your partner took quite a while to figure it out?), and given how rushed that entire relationship was, I can't see Dickles making all that effort or there being enough time to even do it. Also DEAD @ can't tell a quartz from a diamond. 💀

• Haha
I was really surprised she got a yellow diamond as well! I know those became trendy a few years back but as you said, doesn't seem to align with Elle's tastes. I do believe they're quite a bit cheaper than clear diamonds though, so it might've been this.

Custom is definitely a lot of effort and research (I'd imagine your partner took quite a while to figure it out?), and given how rushed that entire relationship was, I can't see Dickles making all that effort or there being enough time to even do it. Also DEAD @ can't tell a quartz from a diamond. 💀
Yeah, I think a lot of women would prefer a white diamond or if they’re not into diamonds, they’d pick something like a sapphire or ruby or even morganite. My impression with fancy colored diamonds is no one really likes them unless that person is well off and wants something unique.

My fiancé, as much as I love him, is clueless about jewelry so I had a hand with the custom making process. 😂 We bought the diamond separately according to the specs I wanted (which is a whole other process in and of itself) and went to a jeweler in town to discuss ideas on how I wanted the setting to be. The process was quick for us because I didn’t want anything extravagant (I actually dislike paves and halos and just wanted a solitaire), but still took time because there was back and forth with the CADs and making sure the ring fit properly.

Personally I loved going the custom route and we saved a lot of money not going somewhere fancy or even at a regular mall store, but it’s definitely not cheap and takes effort. Hence I can’t see Dickles, who likes to brag about being “down to earth” and not materialistic, going custom...especially given that Elle would be his SECOND wife. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
On Elle’s instagram, if you go way back to 2013, you can find a screenshot of yellow diamond rings from Tiffany & Co. showing that she apparently did have her eye on this type of ring for a long time. That said, it’s also pretty obvious that when she said “it’s custom” she was referring to it having been made to look like a ring from Tiffany & Co.! As others have said, no way Rick bought it there and even if he did and somehow ‘customized’ what otherwise looks like a very standard ring (I think they have some on the website with precisely eight diamonds) not enough time lapsed between them ‘meeting’ again and their engagement for the ring to have been made at Tiffany’s.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
On Elle’s instagram, if you go way back to 2013, you can find a screenshot of yellow diamond rings from Tiffany & Co. showing that she apparently did have her eye on this type of ring for a long time. That said, it’s also pretty obvious that when she said “it’s custom” she was referring to it having been made to look like a ring from Tiffany & Co.! As others have said, no way Rick bought it there and even if he did and somehow ‘customized’ what otherwise looks like a very standard ring (I think they have some on the website with precisely eight diamonds) not enough time lapsed between them ‘meeting’ again and their engagement for the ring to have been made at Tiffany’s.
That's so misleading...especially because she called it a Tiffany ring and even put a Tiffany blue box in the background of her photo. But I guess it's not a big stretch from Dicket's "I was in a civil union of sorts that was rendered void and baseless" or whatever bs he said. Those two just can't be genuine.

So "custom Tiffany" means "Tiffany dupe." So.much.lies. She really is great at twisting details about her life to make it fit the narrative she wants.

Reactions: 15
Yeah, I think a lot of women would prefer a white diamond or if they’re not into diamonds, they’d pick something like a sapphire or ruby or even morganite. My impression with fancy colored diamonds is no one really likes them unless that person is well off and wants something unique.

My fiancé, as much as I love him, is clueless about jewelry so I had a hand with the custom making process. 😂 We bought the diamond separately according to the specs I wanted (which is a whole other process in and of itself) and went to a jeweler in town to discuss ideas on how I wanted the setting to be. The process was quick for us because I didn’t want anything extravagant (I actually dislike paves and halos and just wanted a solitaire), but still took time because there was back and forth with the CADs and making sure the ring fit properly.

Personally I loved going the custom route and we saved a lot of money not going somewhere fancy or even at a regular mall store, but it’s definitely not cheap and takes effort. Hence I can’t see Dickles, who likes to brag about being “down to earth” and not materialistic, going custom...especially given that Elle would be his SECOND wife. 🤣🤣🤣
I like solitares as well! Something so nice about the simplicity and un-pretentiousness of it all. But those definitely need to be a bigger carat to achieve the same effect, so I understand why people would opt for a halo setting, especially someone like Smelle who was probably showing off her ring to anyone who would tolerate her. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just looked up People’s Jewellers. The bracelets are nice but nothing special. I don’t think he was super cheap and got her a sterling silver one (that would be funny, tho! 😂), but the next level up is 10K gold, which I don’t personally qualify as “fine” jewelry. There are other ones that are 14K with better diamonds but I doubt he spent that much...

I still think it’s super weird she kept that bracelet and even wore it while she was wedding planning in Florida. Of course it’s Elle, so it’s not surprising she kept it, but if it were me, I would have pawned that thing a long time ago. Why keep a 10K gold tennis bracelet with crappy diamonds which only serves as a reminder of your ex?

Which is funny bc in a closet clean out video she got rid of a cashmere sweater bc it reminded her of "a horrible ex boyfriend" you'd think something an ex bf bought her would be even higher up on the "reminds me of x person" than a dumb sweater

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Which is funny bc in a closet clean out video she got rid of a cashmere sweater bc it reminded her of "a horrible ex boyfriend" you'd think something an ex bf bought her would be even higher up on the "reminds me of x person" than a dumb sweater
I wonder if she kept and wore it as a hint to Rickets. Like "My ex lawyer boyfriend got me this for the holidays, and he wasn't even my fiance. You should get me something similar or better at the very least." Unfortunately, Rickets probably just gave her a lecture about consumerism and clipped away from their relationship by the time the holidays rolled around. :ROFLMAO:

I like solitares as well! Something so nice about the simplicity and un-pretentiousness of it all. But those definitely need to be a bigger carat to achieve the same effect, so I understand why people would opt for a halo setting, especially someone like Smelle who was probably showing off her ring to anyone who would tolerate her. :rolleyes:
My ring is a solitaire and it’s not big at all. It has a modern bezel setting made by a friend who’s an actual “jewelry designer” who went to school to study design and actually made the ring (unlike Ellle whom we know does not know how to design jewelry, let alone weld or solder metal). It’s special because of its unique design and the meaning behind it. But, of course, because it isn’t big, one has to not be concerned with appearances to wear it. I don’t wear it to impress others. When talking to my jeweler friend and picking out the diamond and metal I asked her what she recommended and these were her words “Pick what you like within what you can afford. Don’t be concerned about whether or not your ring is expensive. You’re the one wearing it and the meaning and value you give it is all what matters.” That stuck with me and made me realize I wanted a big ring only because of what others would think but not because I actually thought it was worth it to have my fiancé spend so much on a ring. That said, it also seems to me that large diamond engagement rings are mostly an American thing. I wasn’t living in the US at the time and my husband is not American. He didn’t feel pressure to give me a large diamond as none of our friends had them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wonder if she kept and wore it as a hint to Rickets. Like "My ex lawyer boyfriend got me this for the holidays, and he wasn't even my fiance. You should get me something similar or better at the very least." Unfortunately, Rickets probably just gave her a lecture about consumerism and clipped away from their relationship by the time the holidays rolled around. :ROFLMAO:
Probably talked about how all that money could go towards organic food. Remeber that video where he made erroneous claims about how much healthier organic food was for you :ROFLMAO:

"this one dollar put towards food is an investment in our future *head bob* 3000 for jewelery when put towards organic food could bring us 30 more years of life *bob* and that's worth more than the material value of a sparkly rock"

• Haha
My ring is a solitaire and it’s not big at all. It has a modern bezel setting made by a friend who’s an actual “jewelry designer” who went to school to study design and actually made the ring (unlike Ellle whom we know does not know how to design jewelry, let alone weld or solder metal). It’s special because of its unique design and the meaning behind it. But, of course, because it isn’t big, one has to not be concerned with appearances to wear it. I don’t wear it to impress others. When talking to my jeweler friend and picking out the diamond and metal I asked her what she recommended and these were her words “Pick what you like within what you can afford. Don’t be concerned about whether or not your ring is expensive. You’re the one wearing it and the meaning and value you give it is all what matters.” That stuck with me and made me realize I wanted a big ring only because of what others would think but not because I actually thought it was worth it to have my fiancé spend so much on a ring. That said, it also seems to me that large diamond engagement rings are mostly an American thing. I wasn’t living in the US at the time and my husband is not American. He didn’t feel pressure to give me a large diamond as none of our friends had them.
It's definitely a North American thing! I totally agree with everything you said, but I don't think Elle is anything like that. I would be shocked if Elle didn't care about how expensive + big her ring looked, and whether or not it was branded. I think that's why she spun off that whole tale about Tiffany's and I suspect why she got a halo ring (but maybe she liked the style as well). Halo rings can make the main diamond look a lot bigger and more glam and are much more cost effective than a solitaire of the same size.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.