Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the only reason why someone would need THAT many robes is if that person doesn't do laundry very often lol

Reactions: 7
3:15 Starts listing all the different kinds of stains she's gotten on the robe...:oops: ๐Ÿ˜‚
I think she's missing one type of stain...๐Ÿ‘€:ROFLMAO:

I think the only reason why someone would need THAT many robes is if that person doesn't do laundry very often lol
Given she can't even wash herself after barre class or her own hair, I wouldn't be very surprised she's not good at doing laundry either.

That and she's a packrat. Or should I say "pack rodent." ๐Ÿญ

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Given she can't even wash herself after barre class or her own hair, I wouldn't be very surprised she's not good at doing laundry either.

Remember she has a tutorial teaching people how to hand wash her cashmere? I think that was the first time I questioned her profession. Because none of the professionals working in a high-stress job that I know has that kind of time to hand wash their cashmere... People don't mind paying extra for dry cleaning if they don't have a lot of time for chores and also dont have 200 cashmere sweaters to wash.

Reactions: 9
SMIRKIN' LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW

Screenshot_20200727_165946_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200727_165939_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Ummm... I'm so beautiful in my creased robe ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Come at me, Tinder boizzz

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Remember she has a tutorial teaching people how to hand wash her cashmere? I think that was the first time I questioned her profession. Because none of the professionals working in a high-stress job that I know has that kind of time to hand wash their cashmere... People don't mind paying extra for dry cleaning if they don't have a lot of time for chores and also dont have 200 cashmere sweaters to wash.
THIS! Also you can wash cashmere in the washing machine if you use the right detergent and set it onto the woolens or delicates cycle. I put mine in a lingerie wash bag and use cold water, and it works out fine. And I've done this with way nicer cashmere than the Nordstrom Rack ones that she buys 100 variations of ugh. She thinks she's such an expert on everything.

SMIRKIN' LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW

Ummm... I'm so beautiful in my creased robe ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Come at me, Tinder boizzz
HER CLOTHES ARE ALWAYS CREASED (remember that recent WFH outifts video, and how badly wrinkled that green dress was??). For God's sake woman, get a clothing iron or steamer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The audio quality is always sooo bad, Elle you need an external Mic. You can get a good one for about 100 bucks. I just can't stand how fuzzy her voice sounds in her videos
its her sinuses, she needs antihistamines

she is oddly mean on spending on stuff like this

• Haha
Reactions: 5
she is oddly mean on spending on stuff like this
She doesn't like spending money on things she can't show-off online. I realized a while back that she'd spend a fortune on another ugly cashmere sweater or a nice restaurant (which she can gram or vlog) but she won't on a nice hot lunch, expensive ingredients for her cooking, or dry cleaning. I also remember her saying things like how she "saves" by buying certain cuts or types of meat that are cheaper in one of her cooking videos, which is just bizarre given how much she spends on everything else. I would definitely buy less ugly dresses from Nordstrom and pay for more quality ingredients or eat a greater variety of things, and I'd bet most of us here would as well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I canโ€™t watch this video, robes? Really? Is there enough to say about robes to fill a whole video? And if you are going to be showing all sorts of patterned robes wear a plain dress as your base. It will show the robes better. The clashing patterns in the still shots you all have posted really show how little care and thought she puts into the visual aspect of videos. And she canโ€™t even take the time to iron out a robe before showing it?

She doesn't like spending money on things she can't show-off online. I realized a while back that she'd spend a fortune on another ugly cashmere sweater or a nice restaurant (which she can gram or vlog) but she won't on a nice hot lunch, expensive ingredients for her cooking, or dry cleaning. I also remember her saying things like how she "saves" by buying certain cuts or types of meat that are cheaper in one of her cooking videos, which is just bizarre given how much she spends on everything else. I would definitely buy less ugly dresses from Nordstrom and pay for more quality ingredients or eat a greater variety of things, and I'd bet most of us here would as well.
In the video with Rick on FaceTime she does this she buys a turkey leg and chicken thighs and says how affordable it is for soup. I don't cook a ton of meat at home, but when I do I get nice sausage to put in my wedding soup or good lean ground meat for sauce or chili, or sustainably caught salmon. Nothing wrong with buying cheaper cuts if you cant afford it, or you are feeding a big family but Elle is just cooking for herself and you can tell if it doesn't have a designer label on it she'll cheap out on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
In the video with Rick on FaceTime she does this she buys a turkey leg and chicken thighs and says how affordable it is for soup. I don't cook a ton of meat at home, but when I do I get nice sausage to put in my wedding soup or good lean ground meat for sauce or chili, or sustainably caught salmon. Nothing wrong with buying cheaper cuts if you cant afford it, or you are feeding a big family but Elle is just cooking for herself and you can tell if it doesn't have a designer label on it she'll cheap out on it.
THIS! I understand that if someone needs to save or doesn't have a lot of disposable income at the moment, why they'd opt for economical options and it makes total sense as long as they're eating healthy. But Elle is the girl that buys $100 scented candles and spends thousands every year during Nordstrom Anniversary sale alone so it makes zero sense. Her shallowness and focus on designer anything never ceases to amaze me.

The tennis bracelet clasp saga makes me think that if she didn't like her ring, she'd have let him know. So perhaps it was customised in a similar scenario. Or maybe it was just resized. Does resizing count as customisation? In that case I'd use the word "resize", but maybe that's just me. Also, I've never perused the Tiffany's engagement ring selection, but I suspect there are copies of them sold at just about any accessories store/department in the world, kind of like copies of the Kate Middleton ring seem to show up at the most random places. A man who uses a box as a tv-stand probably isn't too precious about jewellery.

I do think it's curious that she's filmed multiple jewellery collection videos, videos about individual Lisa Eldridge rings, and at least one jewellery related "how to" -video (and mentions her pearl business in every.single.video), but then she announced she wouldn't film one about her engagement ring. I don't think she even talked about it in her engagement video.
I like the Mila Kunis $100 Etsy rings -thing and don't think one needs to wear an engagement ring at all if one doesn't want to (much less post a picture of it on Instagram), but not talking about it seems off brand for her.

Did they ever have an engagement party? I know she did something with her friends, but that was just her, right? More like a hen night? Is this a cultural thing? I feel like traditionally engagement parties are attended by both people getting married. Of course they were from different parts of North America, but I feel like a casual dinner or drinks with friends could be organised in both places. I'd say perhaps their families didn't want to be filmed, but I feel like that hasn't really stopped her before.

I haven't watched the video yet, but she made a comment about the large number of robes in her apartment tour video. It was as if she only then realised how many robes she has and thought, I shall make a robe collection -video. Also how much does a person have to shop to not realise how many robes they own?

Reactions: 8
I actually really like Ginette. Sure she spoils Elle and is not a great parent in that regard. But a lot of kids grew up with less loving single parent and grew up with a lot less (love, educational opportunities, money, material comforts) and turned out ok. Ginette lives well on (modest) wealth and doesn't overspend - she bought a leasehold in Hawaii that is not too expensive. My goal live like that when I'm older and retired - well but not showy. She never purchased a property for Elle because if Elle got married and divorced, her husband would get 50% of the property (I think).

It's not Ginette's fault that Elle has Narcissistic Personality Disorder who lives only to show off to others. At some point in our lives, we need to stop blaming our failures on our parents.

I actually really like Ginette. Sure she spoils Elle and is not a great parent in that regard. But a lot of kids grew up with less loving single parent and grew up with a lot less (love, educational opportunities, money, material comforts) and turned out ok. Ginette lives well on (modest) wealth and doesn't overspend - she bought a leasehold in Hawaii that is not too expensive. My goal live like that when I'm older and retired - well but not showy. She never purchased a property for Elle because if Elle got married and divorced, her husband would get 50% of the property (I think).

It's not Ginette's fault that Elle has Narcissistic Personality Disorder who lives only to show off to others. At some point in our lives, we need to stop blaming our failures on our parents.
In Canada, her husband would only have rights to what they both brought to the marriage after the wedding. If the property was in her name prior to the wedding, he'd have no right to it. That said, if it was an investment property, all profits earned during the marriage would have to be split equally (assuming he did work on it as well). Clearly, anyone can sue for more, but typically the law in Canada focuses on what was earned together. He could also request alimony/support. That all said, she may not have purchased anything with Elle since her daughter is irresponsible with money and she would be stuck paying bills.

Last edited:
I haven't watched this robe video yet, but when I saw it, I thought, "Seriously?" This makes no sense given that a few weeks ago she was trying to convince people to dress up in dresses while working from home --now apparently, it's ok to go straight to a robe. Neither really seem appropriate.

Reactions: 13
The tennis bracelet clasp saga makes me think that if she didn't like her ring, she'd have let him know. So perhaps it was customised in a similar scenario. Or maybe it was just resized. Does resizing count as customisation? In that case I'd use the word "resize", but maybe that's just me. Also, I've never perused the Tiffany's engagement ring selection, but I suspect there are copies of them sold at just about any accessories store/department in the world, kind of like copies of the Kate Middleton ring seem to show up at the most random places. A man who uses a box as a tv-stand probably isn't too precious about jewellery.
I think Elle actually compromised a lot more in her relationship with Rick than she ever did with Joe, because she was 30+ at that point and finally had a man who proposed. I'm sure she's smart enough to realize that once her relationships get to the live-in stage, her days are numbered (Chris pulled the plug within months and Joe lasted just under a year or around there). That's why despite the shortness and LDR nature of their relationship, she quickly dropped everything and went to wait on Dickles hand and foot while kicking off wedding planning immediately (why couldn't they have taken a bit more time to know each other, especially given the shortness of the courtship?). I suspect that's why she accepted his dodgy swampland location, complete lack of furniture, old age and divorce, general weirdness, and lack of career success relative to her exes. He was the only one who gave her an actual shot at getting married.

Reactions: 12
I haven't watched this robe video yet, but when I saw it, I thought, "Seriously?" This makes no sense given that a few weeks ago she was trying to convince people to dress up in dresses while working from home --now apparently, it's ok to go straight to a robe. Neither really seem appropriate.
She clearly has WFH in the title just for the views. In the video, she even talks about robes youโ€™d wear when getting out of the shower and still wet. Is she suggesting one should stay that way for WFH? Thatโ€™s what it looks like from the title, Elle.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think Elle actually compromised a lot more in her relationship with Rick than she ever did with Joe, because she was 30+ at that point and finally had a man who proposed. I'm sure she's smart enough to realize that once her relationships get to the live-in stage, her days are numbered (Chris pulled the plug within months and Joe lasted just under a year or around there). That's why despite the shortness and LDR nature of their relationship, she quickly dropped everything and went to wait on Dickles hand and foot while kicking off wedding planning immediately (why couldn't they have taken a bit more time to know each other, especially given the shortness of the courtship?). I suspect that's why she accepted his dodgy swampland location, complete lack of furniture, old age and divorce, general weirdness, and lack of career success relative to her exes. He was the only one who gave her an actual shot at getting married.
That's a good point. She also jumped into the wedding dress shopping asap. Dresses need to be ordered quite a lot in advance, but I don't know if they'd even decided on what kind of a wedding they wanted when she had her first appointment. One wonders how much she thought about actually being married, but she was definitely into having a wedding, so she might have been willing to compromise on the ring (or anything else) to get that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.