Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My own diamond isn’t big either; I was concerned with specs but I didn’t want anything large and conspicuous (I’m actually proud I stayed under my proposed budget! 🤣🤣). My thing is, if a diamond is nice it doesn’t need a halo and doesn’t need to upgraded. 🤷‍♀️ Although I can understand why women love large diamonds and upgrades, it’s just not something I’d consider, personally.

Reactions: 8
It's definitely a North American thing! I totally agree with everything you said, but I don't think Elle is anything like that. I would be shocked if Elle didn't care about how expensive + big her ring looked, and whether or not it was branded. I think that's why she spun off that whole tale about Tiffany's and I suspect why she got a halo ring (but maybe she liked the style as well). Halo rings can make the main diamond look a lot bigger and more glam and are much more cost effective than a solitaire of the same size.
I, too, agree with everything you said. Of course Elle would have to get a halo ring! What seems out of place is the fact that the diamond was yellow, and apparently this was what she wanted. She probably liked it cause the original isTiffany’s and name brands, we know, are enough to make Elle swoon. We also know she doesn’t exactly have good taste.

Reactions: 7
My own diamond isn’t big either; I was concerned with specs but I didn’t want anything large and conspicuous (I’m actually proud I stayed under my proposed budget! 🤣🤣). My thing is, if a diamond is nice it doesn’t need a halo and doesn’t need to upgraded. 🤷‍♀️ Although I can understand why women love large diamonds and upgrades, it’s just not something I’d consider, personally.
Eleanor seems like the time to keep up with the Joneses, haha, particularly Vancouver club girls. I bet if her and Rickets stuck it out, she would've tried to get upgrades somewhat regularly on everything. She would've tried to update Ricket's wardrobe as well, I bet. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Eleanor seems like the time to keep up with the Joneses, haha, particularly Vancouver club girls. I bet if her and Rickets stuck it out, she would've tried to get upgrades somewhat regularly on everything. She would've tried to update Ricket's wardrobe as well, I bet. :ROFLMAO:
I know we’re going a little OT, but I always considered diamonds to be more of a boomer thing, unless you’re well-off, obsessed with traditions, or have a good understanding of diamonds and jewelry. Most millennials (and I’m assuming Gen Zers) aren’t into diamonds and/or will pick alternative looking engagement rings. For example, Hannah Hart makes millions and she proposed to her girlfriend with a lovely rose cut pear diamond that is small but classy.

In my friend group I have girls who have the traditional pave and halo setting but I also know several others who went for sapphires, garnets, and even tiny solitaires. While we know she is desperate to get hitched, I can’t see Elle being gung-ho about a rock that isn’t a diamond...and like you said, getting upgrades whenever Rick’s teacher salary could afford it. 😂😂

I know we’re going a little OT, but I always considered diamonds to be more of a boomer thing, unless you’re well-off, obsessed with traditions, or have a good understanding of diamonds and jewelry. Most millennials (and I’m assuming Gen Zers) aren’t into diamonds and/or will pick alternative looking engagement rings. For example, Hannah Hart makes millions and she proposed to her girlfriend with a lovely rose cut pear diamond that is small but classy.

In my friend group I have girls who have the traditional pave and halo setting but I also know several others who went for sapphires, garnets, and even tiny solitaires. While we know she is desperate to get hitched, I can’t see Elle being gung-ho about a rock that isn’t a diamond...and like you said, getting upgrades whenever Rick’s teacher salary could afford it. 😂😂
Smelley is definitely obsessed with traditions...she's all about keeping up appearances. The only non-diamond ring she'd ever get is probably a sapphire one surrounding by a diamond pave because that's what Kate Middleton had and therefore, is "CLAWSSY." :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think yellow diamonds can be beautiful too BUT hers was either full of inclusions, low quality stone or it wasn't even a genuine diamond. Sure, maybe Rickets splashed on a perfect ring because he has a fortune on his bank account and just wants to live a super frugal lifestyle, but given my life experience the guy is pretty skint ;) And if the ring was worth anything, Smelle would have definitely made a video about it.

BTW, she's full of tit:
Screenshot_20200726_195147.jpg

I think yellow diamonds can be beautiful too BUT hers was either full of inclusions, low quality stone or it wasn't even a genuine diamond. Sure, maybe Rickets splashed on a perfect ring because he has a fortune on his bank account and just wants to live a super frugal lifestyle, but given my life experience the guy is pretty skint ;) And if the ring was worth anything, Smelle would have definitely made a video about it.

BTW, she's full of tit: View attachment 193057
oh yeah, she hated that ring. If he had dropped a fortune and it was all she claimed it to be, she would still be making weekly videos about it today. When she said she wouldn't be making a video about her freaking engagement ring I knew either she had become a fundamentally different human being or that marriage wasn't gonna happen.

• Wow
oh yeah, she hated that ring. If he had dropped a fortune and it was all she claimed it to be, she would still be making weekly videos about it today. When she said she wouldn't be making a video about her freaking engagement ring I knew either she had become a fundamentally different human being or that marriage wasn't gonna happen.
I felt like they were ill-suited off the bat but I was pretty sure it'd happen, because Elle finally got a proposal and I didn't think Dickets would do much better anyways. I was a bit surprised and sad when that crashed and burned lol. Imagine all the entertainment we'd have now... 🤪

So "custom Tiffany" means "Tiffany dupe." So.much.lies. She really is great at twisting details about her life to make it fit the narrative she wants.
EXACTLY!! If it was genuine I wouldn't put it past her to link it even though it'd have been super tacky to do so, but I think someone with such an extensive Tiffany collection would take the time to show the ring, show the box and packaging and talk about the warranty/cleaning/upgrade services offered with Tiffany jewelry. Seeing as she did none of that it kind of confirms it was all a very embellished story. Hey Elle - care to comment?? lol

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Is her Tiffany collection really that extensive? I think she has pretty basic stuff from them. I don't think she ever got any Tiffany piece herself, it was all either gifts or hand-me-downs.

Maybe one of the posters before is right about The Dollz being as much of aspiring wealthy women as is Smelle. I looked up the Brunette Doll online and it looks like her husband's small construction business went bust after two decades. Now he's a business coach or some other BS.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Seattle is regressing because of our spike im Covid19 cases starting Thursday. She is quiet because either she's shacked up with a victim or she's frantically swiping and spraining her poor dainty fingers

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Following this thread! Thank you for starting this, @svdwoodsen

I agree, I don’t think they would have lasted at all. Chris might have changed her shopping tastes but in the end Elle is still Elle...immature, spoiled, and insecure. 🤷‍♀️
I'll never forget the video when her mom bought her a few Burberry items, and her saying thank you like it was an after thought. soo selfish and entitled.its so odd to me my cousin is an only child and she is filthy rich but her mom never just gave her things

A long time ago, people mentioned on GG that the tennis bracelet wasn't high quality and it probably cost around $600 rather than thousands (the usual price of such bracelet). The diamonds didn't have much sparkle, they suspected he got it from Amazon or eBay 😂 It definitely wasn't by a well-known maker, otherwise Smelle wouldn't have to look for somebody to fix the clasp - she'd just take it back to the store where Joe purchased it and they'd have definitely fixed it for free. I remember the vlog where she dragged Joe to the jeweller at lunchtime and made a big deal of how Joe, the gift-giver, would need to TALK NUMBERS with the jeweller. She tried to portray her boyfriend as this prince on a white horse but you could tell the guy only went to the jeweller with her because she must have been doing his head in for days about that damn clasp 😂 Even the fact it was her who had to look around for a suitable jeweller is telling. If Joe really cared about pleasing her and sorting out the faulty bracelet, he'd have done everything in his power to get it fixed without dragging Smelle into this.

Also, more than money issues, I think Joe detested Smelle's vapid personality and lack of compatibility. After a long week of work, his idea of a good weekend was probably either chilling at home or doing something outdoorsy. Instead, he'd end up having to go back to the office because at home there wasn't a single bit of space left for him and his laptop Smelle's crap (aka heirloom pieces) took over the entire place or he'd be dragged to some miserable posh luncheon with passive aggressive bitchy Vancouver socialites.
i don't get why Joe stayed as long as he did, grow a set she was never going to be good enough for him

BTW, she's full of tit: View attachment 193057
omg granny style should be in the description

Last edited:
8 diamonds is a very special number for them guys! 1 Diamond for every month together! #loveofmylife

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Because the internet never forgets

View attachment 193247
Haha, thanks for this! 😂😜
I really wonder where he bought it. In any case, it’s not an uncommon design for most big box jewelers:

Costco version:

DB6A5FD5-2A3E-408F-ACC5-E37C5EDBE33A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The centre stone of her ring looks really dull. It was definitely a low grade diamond with inclusions. Looks like a cheap a glass imitation from Primark haha

Also, I remember the engagement photo shoot was done by Dickle's father. How tacky is it to a) use it as opportunity for a free shoot for her pearl line b) continue using those photos on her website, even though her customers are her viewers who would have seen the shots e.g. on her Instagram and know they were related to the failed engagement she never addressed.

Screenshot_20200727_000143.jpg

Haha, thanks for this! 😂😜
I really wonder where he bought it. In any case, it’s not an uncommon design for most big box jewelers:

Costco version:

View attachment 193253
The diamonds I've seen at Costco have been very nice and sparkly I doubt dicky got it at Costco was prob jared/zales or a local mall chain

• Haha
That's so misleading...especially because she called it a Tiffany ring and even put a Tiffany blue box in the background of her photo. But I guess it's not a big stretch from Dicket's "I was in a civil union of sorts that was rendered void and baseless" or whatever bs he said. Those two just can't be genuine.
I don’t remember there ever being a blue Tiffany box in the background of her IG stories/photos to show this.

Reactions: 2
The diamonds I've seen at Costco have been very nice and sparkly I doubt dicky got it at Costco was prob jared/zales or a local mall chain
You’re right, Costco diamonds are pretty decent, imo. Too nice compared to Dickles’s ring. 😂 Anyhow I strongly believe he didn’t go custom.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.