Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

APoppy

Well, I've been lurking (first on GG) for around two years now believe it or not, so I guess now is as good a time as any to say hello!

I was never really a fan of Elle's per se, but I would hate watch some of her videos a few years ago. As someone who likes to support small businesses I thought I would treat myself to some of her earrings since she sure made it sound like she knew what she was doing. They arrived in a bubble envelope in the little velvet pouch she shows off all the time with no box or anything to protect the jewellery (as if a bubble mailer would be sufficient to protect real pearls?) Some of the pearls either detached in transit, or were never properly attached to begin with. I emailed her immediately with pictures asking what we should do about this (giving her the opportunity to do the right thing and expecting her to be appropriately horrified/embarrassed) and she wrote back and said it would be a minor fix if I were to take it to a jeweler. Obviously I responded saying that she should be offering to ship them back at her cost for repair, or offering to cover the cost of the repairs. She played the victim immediately saying that small businesses like her have to protect themselves from customer taking advantage of them which is why she doesn't offer returns. She also claimed this policy was because they were 'handmade' to which I responded there was a difference between 'handmade' and 'custom made'. When I mentioned it doesn't say that on her website that she doesn't accept returns she pointed me to her 'my story' page or whatever nonsense that is. Something rubbed me the wrong way about this so I used the Internet Archive and found out that she had updated the page to include her 'no returns' policy the day I pointed that out! I screen captured this and sent the evidence to my credit card company, with whom I had filed a dispute. Got my money back and still have her partially disassembled earrings. Since then I found GG and spent a LOT of time catching up ;)

Side note, I work in university admissions/administration, but have an MLIS degree--the only time I mention that is to say "I'm a librarian by education" (for example, if someone mentions a particular character trait that might jive with it), I don't claim to BE a librarian!
OMG I can’t believe your order came broken and she didn’t offer anything. Especially since she complains all the time about bad customer service, does she not see she is the worst! I posted pictures of my purchases from her - my earrings had visible glue and necklace majority of the pearls had lots of imperfection - not jewelry quality at all. I never bothered following up for refund or anything I knew if she could sell me this crap she clearly was a scammer and would offer nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: 17

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I'm not sure how law offices work but I can say I don't like using desktops at work. At my work place, IT can see EVERYTHING saved on your computer, every key stroke you type, every email you send....

No thanks. I bring my laptop for work every day because I can't take the snooping. I have nothing important or bad on it. I also use personal email accounts for non-work related things.
Off topic

I have had both thin clients and laptops at work and regardless of either (or even a desktop) if you work at a big enough company they can see everything you do and can watch your screen real time. At my old job when by boss left to take another job she told me how the director was upset that my boss didn't catch me looking for jobs when work was slow. This director, she should've been busy doing director work somehow had time to watch me look for jobs (and look at my bosses other employees screens). And instead of using that info to say "hey drasticactions isn't happy here and maybe pushing her into this function when she didn't ask for it was probably wrong what can we do to make her happy", they just used it as another reason to bully my poor supervisor who was already getting so much shit. If you have to connect to a secure server for work regardless if it is desktop, laptop, thin client/virtural desktop etc they will see what you are doing.

If you are connected to the network they can see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

LuvYoutube

Nobody is missing Elle in the instagram or youtube comments. Not a single concern for her why she hasn’t posted videos or pics. Nobody cares. 🤪😴🙄

Has she given up on her Youtube channel completely ?
She is likely unwElle (dumped) again. 🙅‍♂️🙋‍♂️🏃‍♂️🙍🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha

Greenthumb30

Yeah, that's my main issue with her too. You want an easier, low stress job, ok whatever. But then don't call yourself a practicing lawyer when you're not. Don't call yourself "in house counsel" when you're not. What I hate is that she wants to call herself a lawyer without doing the work.

She got a great articling job at that biglaw firm, so lack of connections or lack of a niche in law didn't affect her negatively at all. She just didn't stay there because she didn't like the long hours. Which frankly, I don't really understand. If you have a family, of course work life balance will be a lot more important, but for young single people fresh out of college, it shouldn't be a problem to work some longer hours and get some great experience to start your career off. It's not a law exclusive thing either. Associates at accounting firms, medical residents, investment bankers, software engineers, etc. all work long hours.

My company works with a few Chinese companies/suppliers, and Chinese companies routinely work "996"...meaning 9am-9pm, 6 days a week. That's the norm for the corporate world in China. Sometimes the senior managers even work on Sundays.

I'm not saying that's healthy or good, I'm just saying it's ridiculous that Elle acts like she's some hardworking #girlboss for working a 9-4 job with an hour-long Nordstrom break and never having to bring her laptop home, when objectively speaking, she's worked less than most other people on the planet.

KitsBiach

Her latest video has given me really bitch vibes from her, like we all know she is a complete pos but this video felt off to me, she seed more entitled than ever and completely unhinged.
This 100%!!!!! I thought she was bitchy to the point that I haven’t seen her in. Bitchy and unhinged, there are a few moments I thought she completely went insane and lost it!

• Haha

Phoebe.Tallulah

And to be honest, I think I have more empathy for people who love great food and don't scrimp on eating out than obsessive hoarders of out of season bags and cashmere.
This is my thing with Smelle, she makes it seem like she’s SO discerning with too many things. Then, her reasons are so shallow they don't make sense and she sounds like an arrogant asshole. Like many of us IRL I don't care what people choose to do with their money, Elle is entertainment at this point, but she keeps failing to realize her part in all the hate watching. Not sure if the comment is still there, but she replied to the person who quoted my comment from this thread (that wasn't me btw lol) saying something about "watching the cents and the dollars take care of themselves". Which I found pretty funny considering she tries so hard to make it seem like everything she rents, owns, buys or eats is expensive and high quality. I wonder where she actually takes measures to save those pennies?? :unsure:

Last edited:
Her next video is likely going to be Elle profusely exclaiming how busy she is as a means of excusing her poor vlogging, and yet she will make time and some effort to promote her business several times. 🙄.

greenbear

VIP Member
Her latest video has given me really bitch vibes from her, like we all know she is a complete pos but this video felt off to me, she seed more entitled than ever and completely unhinged.

• Heart

Heretosnoop

Besides ladies you really don't want to see the other photos...she looks like the joker with her clown lips and she uses photos/activities with others I've cycling and diving with Joe to make herself more interesting

• Haha
  • Wow

thecatlass

VIP Member
I think Elle is just lying because other people are asking how she affords her luxury bags and her lifestyle. What do you expect Elle to say? That mommy buys them for me or gives me handouts?

I don't know about Elle but at my workplace almost everyone buys coffee daily regularly - part of the work culture. It's also how people socialize with their colleagues.
Yeah, maybe by admitting she's more of a #leechdaughter than #girlboss, Smelle would have avoided threads upon threads of gossip being written about her 😂
What rubs people the wrong way is her arrogance and know-it-all attitude when she tries to convince her viewers that they too can afford 10 luxury purses once they stop their land-line and replace Starbucks coffee with a beverage made at home. It's a bit like those Cosmopolitan articles targeting millenials where the writer claims anyone can save for a house downpayment once they stop going out, eating avocado on toast and save $300 a month. Unrealistic and dumb is an understatement. And sure, you can save up for some Chanel clawsic handbag if you cut down your spending for several months but everyone knows that Smelle wasn't buying bags only. She was also buying tons of clothes, shoes, makeup, getting regular blowouts.

Fleur de Force never hid the fact her wealth comes from her family + youtube/brand collaborations. She may not organise Q&As disclosing family bank accounts but she doesn't pretend she bought a mansion furnished with antiques, a flat in London, several cars, by eating leftovers for lunch and washing her cashmere in a sink using soap instead of a detergent specifically for wool 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Interlude89

Just skimmed through her vlog and wow....

1) So much nothingness for 50 min - mostly footage of her talking nonsense. Girlboss has been tossing up her word salad game into a frenzy to try to fill up more video footage time...that or she is getting crazier...or both.

2) Like everyone else has said, she is insufferable with her pretentiousness and her need for some "fancy" car.

3) The face she makes around starting at 37:20 is downright scary. See attachment. Nuff said.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

Seattle is extremely small and if you've lived here long enough you know a lot of people who love to gossip. Soon enough she will try and date another one of my male friends ..but again I'll warm him to just date casually because she is a broke nutjob...and to always always always use protection even if Smelled "claims" to be on birth control
She would for sure demand that her child be enrolled in a French private school and threaten to ruin his life if he didn’t pay up for extortionate child support (I personally know a woman who uses her daughter’s child support payments to get her hair colored and maintained and manicure/pedicure once every couple of months) and private school tuition (the same woman demands that her daughter’s father pay for private school through the last year of university, cried and threw a fit when he didn’t have enough money while he was in school and working part-time, and got a pro bono lawyer to threaten to throw him in prison for not paying up for the private school tuition he couldn’t afford. He finally had to take two part-time jobs and take out a personal loan just to avoid jail and finish school... his daughter’s only 8 now, 14 more years of this to go...) until the kid’s done with law school 25 years later.

ETA: they never even wanted a child, but when they were finalizing their divorce, this daughter was the result of a last-ditch effort by her mom to try to hang onto the guy. He fell for it, and now he’s paying through the roof for the mom’s every demand for 25 years because she goes to court and throws a tantrum every couple of years when her new demands are denied. The courts always side (it’s happened at least a handful of times by now from what I hear) with her because there is a streak of empathy in our culture for single moms. She’s not a friend, just know her through the dad, who is a family friend. I was a single mom, and I always refused to take advantage of the system and the father. Which is why people like her rub me the wrong way.

Believe it or not, two other friends of my husband are also going through this with their respective ex-wives. A 6 yo daughter and an infant boy were both results of those two moms trying to hang onto their husbands. Those ex-husbands are now also paying for it. The one with the 6 yo daughter who he loves more than anything and would die for, her mom tells the daughter every day how evil the dad is (he is the kindest, most generous man in the world), and forces her to tell him that “she would be ok if he wasn’t in her life anymore” at the end of every weekend when he drops her back home. She’s 6. He told us he cries himself to sleep almost every night. Not all single moms are angels, and I feel like Ginette and Elle are in this cohort...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

202leda

Dang.

All I have to say is that this is the first time I’ve seen this photo, but whoever it was that was questioning its existence (Elle or not), I wasn’t bothered that I wasn’t “chosen”. 🤷‍♀️ People are free to share whatever they want to whoever they want and I’d like to take people at their word...minus Elle but she’s been proven to be a liar time and again.

With that said, I’m not surprised she chose some faux glamour shot. It looks nothing like her. 🙄 it’s women like her who make online dating a hassle because she misrepresents her appearance!

• Heart

thecatlass

VIP Member
Sorry, this isn’t meant to be offensive or snarky but is it common for women Ginette’s age to not have their ears pierced? I know some girls don’t have their ears pierced until they’re older but I don’t personally know too many women in their 50s-70s without pierced ears. It’s just odd to me because Elle’s ears are pierced...
My maternal grandmother's ears weren't pierced but my paternal grandmother's were (both grandmothers were born in mid 1930s) so I think there's no rule really.

Some gems I managed to screenshot:

Screenshot_20201226_143047_com.android.chrome.jpg

Quick viewfinder eyefuck while her mother is speaking to her:
Screenshot_20201226_144558_com.android.chrome.jpg

Just a little bit heavy-handed application of blusher 😂 Did we forget to do the other cheek, Smelle?
Screenshot_20201226_143627_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201226_143618_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha

bethannebodyworks

I still think Elle got dumped by him. Which, I mean, is a feat unto itself...

If she did the dumping she would NEVER have been "unwell" or gone radio silent.

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
🤢 Multiple times. Usually I wouldn't judge, especially since she didn't grow up in an Asian household, but she claims to be so worldly and classy (and a few minutes later she lectures about bakeries that don't know what they're doing) so yes, I'm judging. And even if her technique isn't the most elegant, clearly she's bothered to learn how to use chopsticks, why not learn the most basic of manners too.
Didn't Miss "the Cock" live in Hong Kong for an internship? I bet her coworkers looked on in silent horror when they saw her lick chopsticks up and down like it was something else...:sick:😩

Then again, Eleonore F Lecocq stirs drinks with her fingers, chews violently with her mouth open, and touches her cats while cooking on her moldy silpat. We all know hygiene or appropriate behavior with kitchen utensils is not her strong suit.

Last edited:
  • Sick

202leda

I don’t think your comment was slut shaming at all!

If her goal is to get married, then running through many men in a short period of time (and this is just the ones we know about...other gossipers have seen her on “dates” with different guys who aren’t part of the above list at the beginning of lockdown in Seattle) is a problem. Generally, people who can’t maintain a long term relationship or get kicked to the curb as soon as they move in with someone would have a hard time getting married. Everyone wants to be politically correct about this but her dating history and previous behavior in those relationships definitely raises red flags for men who want to settle down, and Eleonore Lecocq recognizes this, and has deleted most of those videos featuring her many men as a result.

When her engagement to Rick ended and someone posted about this in the beauty guru subreddit, many people commented on how much she dated, and never took a break to focus on herself. People said she came off as desperate. That’s not slut shaming, it’s just facts and impression she gives off. If Elle was so proud of the fact that she’s gone through so many guys, none of whom she could drag down the aisle, then she wouldn’t be so shifty about her dating history and mass deleting videos and instagram photos.
Thank you. This isn’t the first time someone has taken what I said out of context and I’ve since blocked this person so I don’t have to read anything she writes after this post.

• Heart

bethannebodyworks

I was thinking I bet Elle expenses her rent, her new car 🤫, her new bags and clothes. No wonder she can afford to live the way she does. My accountant friend mentioned that there's even a chance that she gets money from the government because of the expenses

And for cars my friend at Audi mentioned that she didn't buy one from their dealership but made a huge fuss how she's a big influencer
Ew, she told a dealership she's an influencer??

• Haha