Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

202leda

I think it’s fine to work any job, attend college or opt for a trade, work 80 hour weeks or 25 hour weeks. The issue with Elle is in the old days of her channel, she always talked about her “busy, tiring days as a lawyer” when that wasn’t her job or life. Not to mention, she “inspired” a lot of subscribers who paid for her shoddy wares, supported her channel, and clicked on her affiliate links precisely because they thought she was this inspirational, female corporate lawyer who worked long hours and managed to cook, ran a “jewelry business,” and was interested in fashion. Her entire shtick was built around the life of a busy, female lawyer when it wasn’t true. She shopped during lunch time, wore heavy makeup and big hair, dressed like she was going to the country club all to be a “girlboss lawyer” when she basically worked a role that anyone could get with any undergraduate degree and pretended that dressing and acting in such an unprofessional way was par for the course for female law professionals. The equivalent would be someone that got a foreign engineering degree, tried practicing as an engineer but failed, but built an entire YouTube channel called “the lifestyle channel of a busy, girlboss in STEM in an uniform of low cut tops and high heels,” which is exactly what she did. That kind of image still intrigues and inspires a lot of young women and even older ladies because to this day, us ladies still struggle with “having it all.” Most women do end up sacrificing either their relationships and personal lives for certain career paths or take a massive step back in their careers to focus on family time, dating, and personal interests. To take advantage of that lack of clarity to make some extra cash shows just how low Eleonore F Lecocq is. If she just presented her channel as the lifestyle channel of a 20-something woman in an urban city, people wouldn’t have an issue with that. It’s pretty clear that she benefited massively subscriber-wise and financially speaking from pretending to be a successful, female lawyer.

I’m sorry to hear about what happened to you at the graduate program, and I hope you’re very happy with what you’re doing now. I’ve never been a huge advocate of graduate school and a lot of the most successful people I know didn’t go for years of extra schooling, so I hope you realize that graduating from that program (or not doing it) isn’t indicative of your intelligence or future success.
Thanks. 😊 I completely agree with everything you wrote. I believe the image she tried to portray was offensive, especially when I always thought she wasn’t who she thought she was. For the record, I wasn’t attracted to Elle’s channel because of her career/lifestyle. I was drawn due to one of her bag reviews. Otherwise, I was turned off by her obvious vanity and never fully believed anything she said about her job or what she did during the day. It really bewildered me reading how these women aspired for be like her and admired her when I thought she was a shill. 😂😂

I don’t know anyone in my office who dresses or acts like her...if I had to say it, she reminds me of an older receptionist I knew at my previous job. Big hair, heavy makeup, tall heels, and she had a richer, older partner that supported her lifestyle. Big difference between her and Smelle was that I loved that receptionist...she was a doll and fun to talk to and was open about her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Heretosnoop

Speak for yourself! lol

I want ALL THE TEA! Hahahah.
You're more than welcome to move to Seattle and spy on her if you want and contribute. I was the one on GG that found her in Hawaii with Rick on someone else's story using the location tag. I feel like I've contributed enough

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
I know I said it already but I'm just astonished that a 32-year old university educated woman can talk and sound like a spoiled ditzy teenager. I MUST HAVE BEIGE INTERIOR.

• Haha

Seri

I won't judge Elle for making out with a guy on the first date because, hey she can do whatever she wants, it's her body BUT I'm judging her for doing that during a pandemic! Which part of social distancing doesn't she understand? :mad:

Last edited:
  • Sick

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Is it just me or do we have A LOT of lurkers here who seem semi-supportive of Eleanor? I just took a look at the poll and we have users like "jfksjflsdfkdsjf3333" with zero posts who apparently think that Mr.Sixhead won't dump Smelle. Given all the random, suspiciously Eleanor-like meltdowns from trolls we've had on these threads, is Eleanor Lecocq creating multiple accounts to discredit the gossip and support herself? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
Elle & Ginette spoke about that in last video, Ginette said she was staying there for a bit but not permanent (yet).
She needs to be ready to move on the the next town if they can't get Elle a man in Seattle. Smart of her to not get too comfy.

• Haha

Debbie1633

Clearly Elle isn't that bright if she thinks coming on here and trying to bully people into giving info will work. She's clearly not cut out for espionage. Maybe if you don't want people seeing you out in public and sharing that they've seen you maybe don't go out and do shit you aren't supposed to do during a pandemic? :unsure:

Why would we want to out anyone who may have gathered info and if it isn't public info it really isn't something to be posted on a forum. Like it is one thing to look up her address bc she shared and show the apartment website, but crossing the line would be driving over there and trying to scoop a photo of her prancing on her balcony.
the thing is if she was the sharpest tool in the shed and wanted to keep where she lived private, she wouldn’t/shouldn’t have filmed herself prancing around on her balcony during her apartment tour. That video showed the facade of her apt building which is REALLY distinctive. Anyone with half a brain cell would be able to find it. All I did was go to apartments.com and scroll through a couple of pages and find her place.
most youtubers I watch keep their address private by not filming outside or even filming their view from their window if the view outside gives a huge clue to where they live.

again, she really is NOT the sharpest tool in the shed.

Heretosnoop

Yes the radio silence is very odd. Has she not said anything on her SM (I do not follow her accounts)?

Didn't she say her car video was coming up?

Something big must've come up. What if she's in the hospital or something, with Covid?
If she has covid she definitely deserves it for fucking through Seattle instead of staying at home like the most of us. I even told my friend that if he got covid he better fucking stay at home and not waste any hospital beds. You made your bed so you better lie in it. I will point out that when she was briefly with my friend she told him she wasn't going to feature him on the internet because of her stalkers which is code for I don't want you to find out I'm a fraud and a liar and if I get knocked up they will look like mini Ginette *shudder*

• Haha

aol

While law school is no cake walk, I'm sometimes shocked at who is able to pass the bar. I've seen writing and critical thinking skills from licensed attorneys of all ages that is laughable. The average high schoolers who have more brain power than some of these folks. Some unskilled attorneys are able to move up over the years into supervisor or higher level roles at their firms, agencies, etc. due to connections and schmoozing with the right people. Titles mean nothing if you don't have the skills to back it up. Not surprised that Elle can have the memorization skills to pass the bar while having zero common sense or writing ability. The bistro blog description is all the proof you need for her writing skills. I bet Elle would blame it on French being her first language.

Elle not using her law degree or being complacent at an entry level job is fine, if that's the route she chooses. What irks me is that she inflates and lies about her credentials. She isn't appreciative of the fact that she has the luxury of living in complacency, yet wants to receive praise for being a hard working lawyer who can balance it all so perfectly. If she was humble and kind, I wouldn't fault her for choosing to work in a easy and low-stress environment. She isn't even appreciative of her doormat of a mother, which is frighteningly telling of her true character.

Last edited:
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Ok, my one and only comment on this line of discussion is this.

Any guy who considers nutting inside of 2021 Elle to be a perk has some extremely serious unresolved mommy issues . . .

. . . which makes him exactly the type of guy who may not run for the hills when he realizes he is getting into a relationship with Ginette when he gets in one with Elle. Brilliant pre-filtering! Elle is operating on levels we can only begin to imagine.

• Heart
  • Haha

Heretosnoop

I have a feeling they're like scam artists pretending to be upper class to trap a rich guy into thinking they won't need to be taken care of because they have chanel and gucci, but they don't own property like actual wealthy people. I've told all of my acquaintances Elle. You might think you're good, but Seattle is really small

• Haha
  • Wow

Lovely

Chatty Member
I think Elle and Ginette are both the same types of people. They love moving around cities.
Maybe every time they move they think things will be better – they'll meet the right men, they'll be happier, they'll be more successful. The only problem is that wherever they go, they're still themselves.

Heretosnoop

Chanel words she needs to live by

"Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off."

Elle needs to take 5 things off...the only reason why I have been able to spot Le Cock loving Eleanore is because she is over the top and atrocious and out of place...

• Haha
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I suspect that's normal for them at home. My grandma and her parents/sister came to the US when she was 14. According to my mom they always spoke their native language at home. After my great grandma died my grandma would still sometimes talk to my mom in her native language but that was only when my brother and I were little and they didnt want us to know what they were talking about. And my grandma would switch back and forth like G did. It has been so long my grandma just speaks english at home now.

I love how she even goes on about how the jacket "doesn't have that tacky look some faux fur has". Honestly a cropped solid colored faux fur jacket would've looked so much better.

That length drowned her and the leopard overwhelmed her. I'm elle's height and a little thinner I'd never wear something that it just doesn't work for people on the shorter and simmer side. It just ages her
She has no fashion sense (or common sense)! That coat is hideous and might look ok on someone very tall but you’re completely right that it drowns her because she’s short. It also makes her look even more matronly than usual. She already has Ginette’a body shape, which is prone to looking that way, and choosing such unflattering pieces makes it worse.

boredstrom

VIP Member
I think a big part of her shopping addiction is having salespeople treat her like the princess she knows she is. From what she has been talking about, she seems to be doing more in-person retail experiences than anyone I know during the pandemic. Most people I know do a grocery trip a week and thats about it. She sees Jaguar like the Vancouver Club; a barrier of entry that separates the princesses from the street sweepers. If her dad really was from money I would imagine having Jaguar not beg to have her join 'the club' would make her furious. Too many old wounds to open if thats the case.

I'm not saying she doesn;t online shop too, because I think there aren't enough boutiques even during normal times to deal with her appetite to consume, but come on, you can buy nespresso pods online if the other side of the bargain is maybe not spreading a deadly disease. Just send back the ones that don;t meet your exacting standards. After all, nespresso will do anything to keep a princess like you happy.

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
she’s pretentious and likes to think that everything she does requires some sort of pomp & circumstance. She is nothing special! Her life is freaking boring. Why do her followers still blindly follow her?? When the hell will they wake up from this Smelle scam??
Well, when you still buy live/laugh/love swag and 'wine o'clock' signs . . .

I think she's lost a lot of her fans close to her own age. All she's got left is the Karens who are trying to make up for the rich girl being mean to her in high school 30 years ago and the Alpha-Karens who are picturing their sons dating her.

• Haha
Well, I've been lurking (first on GG) for around two years now believe it or not, so I guess now is as good a time as any to say hello!

I was never really a fan of Elle's per se, but I would hate watch some of her videos a few years ago. As someone who likes to support small businesses I thought I would treat myself to some of her earrings since she sure made it sound like she knew what she was doing. They arrived in a bubble envelope in the little velvet pouch she shows off all the time with no box or anything to protect the jewellery (as if a bubble mailer would be sufficient to protect real pearls?) Some of the pearls either detached in transit, or were never properly attached to begin with. I emailed her immediately with pictures asking what we should do about this (giving her the opportunity to do the right thing and expecting her to be appropriately horrified/embarrassed) and she wrote back and said it would be a minor fix if I were to take it to a jeweler. Obviously I responded saying that she should be offering to ship them back at her cost for repair, or offering to cover the cost of the repairs. She played the victim immediately saying that small businesses like her have to protect themselves from customer taking advantage of them which is why she doesn't offer returns. She also claimed this policy was because they were 'handmade' to which I responded there was a difference between 'handmade' and 'custom made'. When I mentioned it doesn't say that on her website that she doesn't accept returns she pointed me to her 'my story' page or whatever nonsense that is. Something rubbed me the wrong way about this so I used the Internet Archive and found out that she had updated the page to include her 'no returns' policy the day I pointed that out! I screen captured this and sent the evidence to my credit card company, with whom I had filed a dispute. Got my money back and still have her partially disassembled earrings. Since then I found GG and spent a LOT of time catching up ;)

Side note, I work in university admissions/administration, but have an MLIS degree--the only time I mention that is to say "I'm a librarian by education" (for example, if someone mentions a particular character trait that might jive with it), I don't claim to BE a librarian!
That’s awful and completely unprofessional! Sorry to hear that this happened to you and I’m glad you got a chargeback from your credit card company. I think others have posted photos of their products in an old thread and you can clearly see the poor quality with the glue. You can also see visible blemishes on the “real” pearls and the irregularities. When I watched her videos religiously, I never considered purchasing her “designer” products because I couldn’t justify the price of her stringing cheap pearls together or importing scarves and saying she designed it herself.

I agree that we should create a hashtag or something to raise these issues!

EDIT - does anyone else remember when she photoshopped Dickles’ arm in their engagement shoot? 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha

Food4Thought

She's been ready to settle since she graduated university 😂

I am starting to accept that Smelle is one of those people who live in some alternative reality created in their heads and you can tell them that white is white but they will insist it's black. My grandmother was like that so I have first hand experience of dealing with a person who may not be clinically insane but it's impossible to be around them because of how they perceive the world. And it's nothing to do with political views, more how they see themselves and others. People like that don't have many friends, they are manipulative hypocrites and will always twist the story to put themselves in a favourable light.

At this point, I am convinced Smelle must genuinely believe she is a victim of harassing, jealous stalkers (in reality people who are simply critical of her and see through her lies), she doesn't have luck in love (in reality she was never a respectful partner, she always took guys for granted, put herself first), she is a perfect jewelery designer (in reality she strings cheap pearls together and leaves blobs of glue on them) etc. Overall, you can't reason with someone like that. Anything you say, they process as an attack on them. Absolutely unable to take a step back and evaluate their own actions. Everything is always somebody else's fault, everyone is always wishing them ill etc. We can write all constructive criticism we want but Smelle can't even process it in her smelly head. To her it's all just various forms of attack which she needs to fiercely defend herself from. By telling her dates that gossip threads about her exist, she is trying to come across as 'honest' and 'open', and place a message in their heads to approach all gossip about her with caution because it's going to be untrue.
Eleanor, much like the orange dumpster fire slinking out of the WH, screams "FAKE NEWS" whenever anything not-so-flattering comes out about her.

The only thing fake, is Eleanor.

• Heart