Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MUALover

Chatty Member
She's also way behind posting day 15 on day 18 is pretty bad. At least before she was posting the day after. She clearly can't be bothered. Too busy trying on her dresses that push her boobs out and going on dates.
I honestly don't know where or how Elle is meeting men during a pandemic - I mean actual dates that Elle is apparently going to, not virtual ones.

Reactions: 3

brainybrunette

Ladies it's that time again, where we vote on the next thread title. Here are the suggestions we've received so far:

1. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #10 Cummings and Goings of the Super Leg-Spreader of Seattle
  2. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #10 No return policy and no sperm wasted. This one wants any Seattle Joe to be her baby's daddy
  3. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #10 Almost attorney whose a granny in the streets and a freak in the sheets (made some minor adjustments to this one due to required tattle format)

Please vote on your favorite one! If we don't get enough responses in time, I'll just go with the one with the most upvotes originally (#1 was an overwhelming favorite).
#1 for me!

LegalEagle5

From my perspective, I agree with the posters indicating that it’s just plain unfair that Elle portrays herself as a busy, hardworking lawyer, when she clearly shows up late; shops, gets blowouts, goes to dim sum with Ginette, and runs errands during her workday; then clocks out early to get to her low impact gym class. Not that either lifestyle is better than the other, but when the person living the low-effort one detracts the effort and sacrifices of the people living high-effort ones by lying and claiming she does what they do, of course it’s deplorable, and of course we’re going to be angry that we’re being lied to.

I’m someone who loves to work and be productive and I think it’s just as narrow-minded and judgmental to put down my interest and passion in my work (even if it’s for a large corporation) as it is to put down those who choose a less strenuous lifestyle or prefer to spend their time doing other things. Why can’t we all just accept that different people like doing different things? Not all of us HAVE TO love traveling, mountain biking, walking around museums, or working 12 hour days. It’s ok to love working hard, and it’s ok to not.

As for the 996 culture, I worked a year in China, and it’s typical to have a 2.5 hour lunch break during which students and employees will nap and eat a slow lunch. I never got used to this the entire year. Sitting down to eat a family dinner, talking about your day, and helping your kids with their homework is a very western concept. In China, kids are very independent from their parents starting in elementary school and rarely sit down for screen-free meals with their parents. Parents don’t feel the guilt of needing to pick up their kids from school (grandparents will do this or kids walk home / take public transport) and spending every waking moment with them. They actually really only spend weekends with their children, if that. It’s a different paradigm so I won’t judge them for it from my perspective. I just wouldn’t prefer it, and unlike Elle, I won’t pretend I live that kind of lifestyle. I do want to clarify though, that 9 AM - 9 PM is only a 12 hour workday for a handful of employees. For the majority, it’s very much a 9 hour work day with other breaks included on top of the siesta lunch break.
Very important perspective to keep in mind about people being different. I have heard about that napping in China too, and it always seems like such a sight to see.

Last edited:

LegalEagle5

So I just saw that this other YouTuber who I believe was pretty popular/famous (Stephanie Nicole) just did a robe video, ala Elle. She also I think has had some hard times and not really very active on youtube (although I honestly don't follow her and kinda forgot about her until this video was "suggested" to me). Maybe Elle started a new genre of videos.

Reactions: 2

lurkingin94123

Chatty Member
I totally agree. I follow 2 other real girl bosses on youtube and instagram. One of them has 1 Chanel boy bag and 1 Cartier love bracelet that she wears ALL the time. That's it. She has no other "luxury items" - maybe Longchamp nylon bag for work but I didn't count that. She uses the same bag and bracelet in every Instagram post.

The other one has 2-3 luxury bags (LV and Chloe...both of which are much cheaper than Chanel). She makes $1 million per year easily.
Will you share the names with us? I’d love to b check out their content.

Reactions: 2

Katrina_AK_0099

Maybe I should’ve worded it better. The slut shaming could’ve been omitted because that’s not even relevant. My main point was to highlight how she hasn’t been able to secure a long term relationship. I couldn’t care less how many men she’s slept with.
Thank you for acknowledging the poor choice of words.

Reactions: 1

Mari_007

I was watching a PBS documentary on Millenials and money and it is said that home ownership is how you grow your net worth with time. The longer you delay owning your own home, the worse it is for your long-term $ prospects. Elle has no plans for home ownership and Ginette just sold her house and is now renting. Honestly, I think both mother and daughter needs to get therapy.
Do you happen to remember the name of this documentary?, sounds interesting.

I’ve also added that Netflix documentary to my list to watch as well. Thanks Katrina!

Reactions: 1

nicemangoes

I used that link (thanks for giving it to me). The apartment building is very and new, also has gorgeous rooftop. I did the virtual tour and looks at pics I can find online. I swear there is something wrong with Elle's decorations that makes her apartment unit look really dingy, dark, haunted.

Maybe some white or light coloured furniture would be better for Elle? I love some white furniture personally - more feminine and relaxing. Of course getting rid of clutter would also help.

Elle needs to get an interior decorator to oversee her apartment before her next SO dumps her (or she moves in with him).

Watching the latest "Carmas" vlog I noticed Elle makes up her own recipes. Like that chicken Italian pasta and the miso with soy sauce, chilli flake Asian noodles. I'm not sure Elle's cooking is that good that she can make up recipes at her stage - it sounds like something only more advanced chefs should be doing. Probably her cooking is like other aspects of her life- she talks them up. Of course we can't taste her cooking so nobody knows but if we could, I bet it'll be just like all the other aspects of her life.
I’ve actually tried a few of her recipes over the years and each of them turned out really well. I make the English muffins recipe she shared in some really old vlog quite frequently because everyone loves them.