Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenbear

VIP Member
Maybe every time they move they think things will be better – they'll meet the right men, they'll be happier, they'll be more successful. The only problem is that wherever they go, they're still themselves.
they are the modern day Grey gardens

It’s probably just a matter of priorities. Ginette’s sole priority is Elle. Ginette has no other dependents which makes it easy to splurge on her only child. it’s not that much of a stretch to buy your daughter a luxury handbag once in awhile. the really wealthy parents get properties for their kids (in plural).

the entire Tahiti trip was a business expense for Elle, so she doesn’t need to pay taxes that year. We’ve never seen them take other international vacations or travel luxuriously to other places

wealthy people may have sizeable investment portfolios that locks up their cash flow, an active social life and hobbies, several children and grandchildren etc whereas Ginette only has Elle
sometimes when I see them in a video together it seems like Ginette really dislikes the person Elle is, she seems so disappointed in her off spring, all that education and money spent yet Elle is such a horrible woman

Agree, I always think that the right career choice anyone, man, woman, or any other gender makes is the one that benefits the person and their family the greatest. That’s it. F what other people think about reputation or appearance (looking at you, Elle). The only thing that matters is yours and your family’s health and happiness. Sure, if you can also make other people’s lives better, that’s YOUR choice (not anyone else’s) and more power to you. But if that’s not feasible, take care of yourself and your baby and that’s more than most people can do as it is. You’re doing great, Mama. I know it’s hard to internalize, but you are.
I think that is the main issue with Elle, she is so deluded who does she think she is fooling?
none of her life or buying decisions make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

aol

How did I manage to get to age 30 and only just hear/see this term for the first time? Where have I been??
I didn't know about it either. Does it have to do with the starfish character being lazy in Spongebob Squarepants? Not that he's a freak in the sheets, but that he's lazy and lives under a rock haha

Last edited:
  • Haha

Greenthumb30

Agreed with everyone who says that there's no right or wrong choice to make in life. I follow some SATM moms on youtube and love their channels (i.e., Just Jennifer, Kimono Mom). The problem with Elle is her lying about her career and portraying it as something that it's not. She herself, by continuing to call herself a practicing lawyer and in house counsel when she's not, set the framework that her actual job as a fraud investigator is not "good enough" to talk about, and I totally disagree with that. There's nothing wrong with doing a low stress job, but #girlboss (which I don't like as a term to begin with) implies someone uber career oriented, someone's who's literally a boss, supervising or managing other people. Again, a framework that she set herself, which leads to people pointing out these inconsistencies.

As for corporations, I won't get into a debate about whether they're good or evil, but regardless, people who work for corporations do useful work just like anyone else. There's nothing moral or amoral about whether someone is working for a large corporation. It's just the reality of the modern economy. Also, I don't think Japan is really a telling example of anything. There may also be countries that have short working hours but aren't very productive either, so I think it's a limited data point.

• Heart

MUALover

Chatty Member
She's in her 60s, so I think the fund is supporting her lifestyle. If she can afford $1,400 Anya Hindmarch bags and flying to Tahiti in first-class, I think she'll be OK. The fact that she's spending at least $2000 a month renting out a townhome in Seattle says a lot about her wealth.

And I know some people argue that Mama G is not wealthy and that she's middle-class. The median income for someone in the US with a college degree is $56,000. Definitely not two home, first-class, supporting a daughter money!
Yes I totally agree. I know some really wealthy people (family income $500,000 or more) who don't live as luxuriously as the LeCocque sisters. When they travel, they live in modest hotels, travel coach, etc... Not to mention, Elle is supported in style and both mother and daughter get regular luxury items from boutiques such as LV and Chanel.

What gobsmacks me is that despite Elle's wealth, she can't attract a guy like Rick. If I were Rick, I think I can tolerate Elle for her money.

I'm very curious about Ginette's total wealth.

MissGlam21

"Luxury SUV", my ass... Why can she not just get a normal car? She clearly doesn't have enough money to buy a house, why splurge on a car? 🤔 Is she gonna share it with her mother or what?
It’s to help her fit into the stepford wife trope

• Haha

Katrina_AK_0099

Geez...that’s a lot of men within a short amount of time. 😂 Not trying to slut shame her as I’m all for empowering female sexuality, BUT Elle’s end game is to get married.
That's hardly a lot of men in a short amount of time. You're making it sound like she was bedding a different dude every weekend. Apart from Joe, Rick, and Special Someone, we can't even confirm if she's had other relationships.

If you want to empower female sexuality, then you don't make a point of noting how many people someone has sex with.

I get that Elle is the issue in these relationships, but she isn't a hoe and a lot of those men had their own issues. I get this is a gossip site but sometimes y'all just go berserk attacking every tiny thing people do. And yeah, I'm here gossiping too, but I like to think I know when to not cross the line.

• Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Also Americans know what boxing day is Elle we have it here too. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if what she's doing with the pasta roller is correct? I've never made pasta by hand but she's doing a book fold on it like she's trying to laminate puff pastry and I don't think I've ever seen someone on a cooking show do that for pasta.
That didn't make sense to me either. The goal is to keep running it through the roller until it's thin and long. Constantly refolding defeats that objective.

I wonder if she'll say that she's been so swamped with fulfilling orders for her business that there was no time and nothing of interest to film because her delusional sycophant fan base is buying her entire stock.

• Haha

Behindthescreens

I feel like we have more lurkers than we think here because after her last video, a lurker took one of our comments verbatim and posted it on her Instagram page. It was about her poor camera skills slash intentional blur of her face to look better than she actually does. 🤣
That was the one I was referencing 😄

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
And I know some people argue that Mama G is not wealthy and that she's middle-class. The median income for someone in the US with a college degree is $56,000. Definitely not two home, first-class, supporting a daughter money!
Elle was making around that amount ($56,000) or more in her old MDFA job. She has a college undergrad degree. Why does she feel entitled to more? At least that was my impression. There is no shame in making whatever she was making at MDFA or doing her MDFA job. It's a decent career and very low stress. If she wanted a high paying law job, she should put in the work.

Maybe Elle has never had exposure to a real tough job like nursing. You're standing on your feet 8 hours a day, doing night shifts back to back for weeks on end, wiping people's bottoms, deciphering ineligible handwriting, etc... And the pay is not that great. Elle and Ginette live in their own little bubble. Their entitlement is overwhelming.

Not to mention, I think in the bottom of their hearts, Ginette and Elle look down upon the poor. Hence they never follow Rick or Neil on social media despite being engaged to one and "married" to the other. But if Ginette hadn't inherited or been gifted her money from somewhere or someone, both G and E would be homeless. So I don't understand how Elle and Ginette can prance around in luxury car retailers and luxury stores and give high and mighty vibes as if they should be treated like princesses on money they never earned.

Last edited:

Phoebe.Tallulah

I didn’t see the video...did they drive there or fly there? Either way, she would have HAD to have known that she was in Oregon based on her ticket or the highway signs that indicate state borders!

She has absolutely no awareness at all and doesn’t seem to want/care to try, the latter of which I find offensive. I don’t expect people to be smart or know things off hand, but at least make an effort to not sound like an idiot.
Or double down and defend your idiotic statement or behavior which she does constantly! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I think Rick is originally from Wooster. I don’t know much about Wooster, but I know it ain’t no Olentangy/Dublin. My coworker’s step-son goes to a public high school in Dublin, and it’s basically a public prep-school where a good chunk of the graduating class this year is headed off to an Ivy in the fall. The remaining majority go to OSU, which is a great school. Rick may have been a book-smart kid near the top of his underperforming high school, and thought that because he did better than his local peers he would excel at OSU. But a ton of those OSU students, like you said, went to very competitive high schools, and he probably wasn’t cut out for that new paradigm.
S
I agree with you some of my parents OSU friends lived in Wooster and at least one of their kids dropped out of osu bc it was too hard, my parents friends who had kids in schools in North East Ohio like where I went did just fine at OSU (college prep level like Dublin/olentangy) . Obviously that's just from a small sample, but based on that and other kids I met at school I think that's very much Rick's situation.

Katrina_AK_0099

Definitely not what a high net worth startup founder would imagine as "mother to his heirs" kinda gal or "partner-in-life" woman.
High net-worth startup founder = Elle's ex Chris. No, thank you. Also would hate any person to be thought of "parent to the heirs"... it seems The Dolls-esque and sad.