Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Ginette makes bad financial and life decisions all the time. Just to give you a few examples from what I know from Elle's channel only:

1. Her Victoria house was custom built - she built it into a haunted house that she couldn't sell for 10+ years. If it was structured better, she would have made way more money from it.

2. Her condo in Hawaii is a leasehold that expires in 2027. If she spent that money buying a real property she owns, she can make more money from it.

3. She sold that Victoria house and TBH I don't think she owns property now. Again dumb mistake, just to follow Elle around.

4. She spent a lot of money on Elle's education but perhaps a French immersion school would have been better for Elle - even if it's for free at a public school. It would give Elle more flexibility in terms of jobs and it would be easy for Elle since French is her mother tongue. She allowed Elle to go to Durham for law school without going to undergrad in Canada first.

5. Not to mention Ginette spoils Elle rotten but doesn't get Elle to invest her money properly. Ginette controls the purse strings so if she got a downpayment on a property in Vancouver, Elle wouldn't refuse.

Seeing Elle and Ginette's life choices is a warning for me not to repeat them myself.

Reactions: 8

MUALover

Chatty Member
The thing is that Elle has never been “boujie” until around the Joe era. Previously she was scrimping and saving, outlet shopping, and while the superiority complex was always there the lifestyle had yet to catch up. Joe era was her peak. As speculated earlier in these threads, Joe covered the rent & her Pearl/Scarf business was at its peak. Honestly, youtubers and their businesses make a lot. Given Elle’s huge margins, if 300 karens that year bought stuff from her at a $100 profit margin, that’s an additional $30,000 on top of her probably 60-75k annual at MFDA. Affiliate links are also significant, for every 1000 subscribers (out of her huge database of videos and links) who click her link, she gets around $1-$10. And a few thousand bucks can certainly subsidize a lot of Nordstrom and Sephora hauls. there is also YouTube Adsense money. In addition, I doubt Elle is paying full taxes on her youtube and side businesses. An extra 30k a year on shopping makes a big difference, especially since Elle spends solely on herself and material items. She doesn’t travel or do fine dining on the regular, and is extremely cheap with others.
When she lost the MFDA day job, you could see the decrease in spending & coincides with her expensive move to Florida. At the same time, because she lived with rickets, she at least didn’t pay rent. Rent is a big expense for most adults and not paying it definitely helps disposable income.
I'm glad if this were true. I'd hate for Ginette to ruin her retirement fund or her savings for Elle's nonsense. You'd think that after living for 6 months in Hawaii after her law internship and starting her MDFA job, and living the high life with Ginette, that would be enough for her and she'd get back to a regular life after going back to Vancouver. But no....apparently she is addicted to living the high life.

What baffles me is that why Elle expects her men to pay for the housing cost and she contribute nothing? But she calls herself a girlboss???

LetThemEatLipstick

Not sure how hard the FL exam is, but I'm from Ohio and based on where Rick is from, I suspect his highschool wasn't very good. Ohio public schools are supposed to be really good but when I went to college I was shocked by the number of kids who were supposedly valedictorian who were awful at studying. I went to a competitive highschool in Ohio so I think there is a definite gap there. OSU's law school has a 93 percent pass rate for the bar so I suspect the failing is def on Rick and his own skills and not his education. I've heard from other sources that FL schools and colleges aren't as good compared to Ohio schools but I've mostly heard that from educators so I'm not sure if that's still true (also I went to osu for two degrees and they do like to toot their own horn so not sure how objective that info is)
I think Rick is originally from Wooster. I don’t know much about Wooster, but I know it ain’t no Olentangy/Dublin. My coworker’s step-son goes to a public high school in Dublin, and it’s basically a public prep-school where a good chunk of the graduating class this year is headed off to an Ivy in the fall. The remaining majority go to OSU, which is a great school. Rick may have been a book-smart kid near the top of his underperforming high school, and thought that because he did better than his local peers he would excel at OSU. But a ton of those OSU students, like you said, went to very competitive high schools, and he probably wasn’t cut out for that new paradigm.

• Heart

hime89

Just another thought on the topic, if she ends up preggo, will she even know who the baby’s father is? She’s sleeping with all her dates.

• Haha
  • Wow

Behindthescreens

Just another thought on the topic, if she ends up preggo, will she even know who the baby’s father is? She’s sleeping with all her dates.
This may be semantics, but do we know that she's ACTUALLY sleeping with them or just OFFERING (ok, pushing) to sleep with them?
It may be that if the guys are turned off enough to dump her (pun not intended), that they may turn down her offers to be a jizz receptacle.

Katrina_AK_0099

I really hope Ginette's retirement fund is OK.
She's in her 60s, so I think the fund is supporting her lifestyle. If she can afford $1,400 Anya Hindmarch bags and flying to Tahiti in first-class, I think she'll be OK. The fact that she's spending at least $2000 a month renting out a townhome in Seattle says a lot about her wealth.

And I know some people argue that Mama G is not wealthy and that she's middle-class. The median income for someone in the US with a college degree is $56,000. Definitely not two home, first-class, supporting a daughter money!

LegalEagle5

I can confirm this lol. I hate driving and I am a terrible driver (been in a couple of accidents). I’m so happy to live in a city where I don’t need a car, but my boyfriend and I are planning on moving this summer out of the city and I will need a car then. I will probably take some lessons as I haven’t driven a car in years.
I feel ya. I never really beans able to get much experience driving so am always scared to death of it and just assume I am bad at it. I mean I have done it during the limited time where I had a car but only under conditions I feel comfortable in. I have lived in cities where a car is actually very inconvenient to have but always feel like I need lessons if I am to drive fully, as I never properly learned when I was growing up (just enough to get my license which wasn't much). I seem to have come from a family that is uncomfortable driving too so they probably are responsible for my issues hah. However I often see people on the road who seem more clueless than me and then think well if they are comfortable I should be fine (however I take the fact that I am driving basically a death machine around very seriously).

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I feel like this delicious (but actually really nasty 🤮) tea needs to be incorporated into the next thread title somehow, since we’re approaching the end. 😎

Please share any title suggestions!

• Heart

Behindthescreens

Sounds like it was written by a robot... 😂 Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong but our Tattle thread, which has more traffic than her pathetic blog, will surely be higher in the search...

I just checked and gossip sites are either number 1 or 2 when you Google her name/aliases.
No, you definitely nailed it! 😄👍When I checked, we were at the top of the page, under her site elleflorence.com and her Instagram. Her online excuse of a cookbook 🤮 was down at the bottom.

• Haha

Drasticactions

VIP Member
She's also way behind posting day 15 on day 18 is pretty bad. At least before she was posting the day after. This is more than just being too busy to post every day. She clearly can't be bothered. Too busy trying on her dresses that push her boobs out and going on dates.

Last edited:

Heretosnoop

Yes I agree. The housing prices in my city is not that bad, fortunately - you can buy a decent semi-detached house for $300,000 (which isn't bad) provided you drive 30-40 minutes to work.

I haven't owned a home either myself and have always rented. I mean I enjoy renting - it allows me to move whenever I want and I don't have to do the lawn or shovel snow in the winter. But some colleagues who bought condos and townhouses for cheap (like $170,000 and $300,000) all made money from it so I feel a bit left out. One dude purchased a condo for $170,000 and sold it in 4 years for $300,000 and made a handsome profit.

Is that Ginette's car - are you sure it belongs to her new man? I watched the v-log and never got the impression Elle actually found someone she is official with.
Ginette owned a Jaguar sedan that was from the 90s. Not a fancy SUV. She never failed to brag about the "Jag" in her past videos and she always films voice clips of her mom even when she's not shown because she hasn't painted on her spermbrows in the wine and steam scene

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
She’s really taken desperation to a whole new level. Can’t believe she’s the type of person to get pregnant in order to hang onto a guy. And a guy she barely knows with only one or two dates. If I was a guy with that level of wealth, I’d be really suspicious with how desperate she is and to not use protection on top of that. Also, as a woman who’s currently pregnant with a loving husband, does she really think it’s that easy to care for a baby. I’m still stressing out with when the baby comes. Your life totally changes. I don’t think she’s thought of that. Caring for a life requires sacrifice and she’s the most selfish person in my opinion.
Regardless if a guy is rich or not, it's idiotic to impregnate a woman you just met 😂