Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I mean, Ginette snagged a guy, got knocked up and then lived pretty comfortably for the rest of her life, so it seems to me that Elle's behaviour is right out of her mother's playbook. She's just trying to carry on the family tradition. 🤮
Elle needs to make sure whatever man she gets knocked up by is really rich, not just fake rich. It's hard to tell these days. A lot of really rich guys fly beneath the radar; others buy cars and houses on credit. So who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

MUALover

Chatty Member
This photo is simply not cute. She looks like a chubby lollipop with a puffed up head. Nothing against her body figure. She is just so bad at choosing her outfits & accessories and dressing to her advances.
The jacket looks too small for her. It's very tight.

Lovely

Chatty Member
I’m actually surprised she got another coat, a super thick one at that. It’s not like she needs it; it doesn’t get that cold in Seattle, plus she did fine with all the other coats she had/has from her years in Vancouver!

I can just imagine how eccentric she would look walking down the street in that hideous coat while everyone is dressed normally and staring at her. In her mind she is probably thinking that they’re admiring or are envious of her European beauty. 😂
Where I come from, her look would be referred to as 'all fur coat and no knickers'. In Elle's case, that's literally true.

Last edited:
  • Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Right nothing wrong with wanting to be a wife and mother, but she should've gone to university with that in mind and shouldn't have represented herself as a hard working yuppie. Sure I'm in an easier line of work than I could be doing, but I am still using my license and chose this for my own mental health, but I still would rather watch and get advice from other career oriented women, I can't really relate to house wives.

If she really didn't want to do all the work with a high paying job she should've gone to school in the US and done an easier undergrad. I know a few people that I lived with in the dorm who got married to someone they met in college soon after college and are done having kids now in their early 30s. Definitely isn't typical for the people I know most people are just starting to have kids or aren't having any at all. But if being a house wife is what she wanted she should've gone to an American school and tried to snag a med student or something. I'm always surprised at how traditional some male physicians are having big families and a wife that stays home. If that's what she really wanted and having money to spend she should've done that. It is a lot easier to find someone when you are younger and have more time.
So we don't have any sort of standardized testing in Canada for college and if she were applying to the US, she'd have to do a lot of extra work like the SATs, fill in the Common App (do they still do those? you ladies know what I mean), write essays, etc. I don't think Elle is capable of doing that much work, to be honest.

Behindthescreens

Is it just me or do we never see Sammy anymore, other than in the background of videos? She really coddled that cat while Rick was around but seems to have forgotten her at this point, and focuses purely on Bebe. I really hope she didn’t adopt Sammy in an attempt to show Rick how kind and “motherly” she is. 🙄
No, of course not! 😉 It was to get him to love her, marry her, and give her his money 💰

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
I totally agree, such a waste. All those fancy dinners out and stupid shopping trips -- like when Mama G bought Elle $500 Celine sunglasses -- could have added up to thousands!

I have a feeling Elle has straight up told Mama G she would rather get treats like designer handbags and luxury home stuff rather than a downpayment. Helps Elle achieve the shopping high and allows her to spend more on herself. It's pretty clear Elle has no plan for her career/finances/homeownership despite being 32 and single.
The worst part is that Elle literally has like 20+ sunglasses. You only need maybe 3 pairs - one in Hawaii, a spare and another in Vancouver. They all look the same after a while. Just like Elle doesn't need the 20+ designer bags.

I'm not one to skimp out on enjoyments of life such as shopping or eating out (though I much prefer traveling but I understand how shopping and eating out at fancy places brings them joy). I love doing both but seriously both Elle and Ginette are horrible with money.

Last edited:

Sheepsmeadow

That’s pretty bad. I could probably give her a pass if she said Portland was in Washington on camera (although I’d still think she’s stupid), but here it’s much worse since she already took the time to edit the video and upload it for all the world to see. How this girl got a bachelors and LLM is so beyond me. I don’t think Smelley is dumb, per se, but methinks she is just used to having mommy or a partner do all the hard thinking for her. It would never occur to me for her to look things up or think critically. 😂
Also goes to show she did none of the planning or paying for that trip. Seems like all she did was tag a long and never even looked at the hotel receipt where she would have clearly seen that Portland is not in Washington. I mean, of course she should have just known that because it’s common knowledge for anyone in North America, but if you actually travel to the place with your eyes halfway open you also pick up on these things pretty quickly!

KitsBiach

I know she hasn’t outright said she thinks looks like a model, but based on how often she eyefucks herself on her viewfinder and how often she emphasizes being a size 2, I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.

And honestly, I find this mentality to want to look like a model to be so unhealthy. Not everyone can look like a runway model or a commercial model, and that’s totally ok. The most beautiful girl I’ve seen (to me, although guys would always look at her when we’d go out 🙄😂) was only 5’3” and a size 5. Aside from her looks, she was just a smiley person with a kind heart. And she didn’t try to squeeze into 0s and 2s.

I know this has been said over and over again, but she needs a fucking therapist. 🙄
Not here to judge her body shape as well, but perhaps she needs to dress to look more flattering, not like this👇🏻👇🏻😅

Attachments

• Haha

Wheelsbaby

Another recommendation: Aussie youtuber who is really chill and has a great luxury collection. She's started being a lot more mindful about shopping these few months & her content is really refreshing amidst the sea of influencers who are just paid to promote stuff. She's also an example of a young woman who is chill and has a nice luxury collection and style that works for her age:

bethannebodyworks

STOP IT!!! STOP. IT. OMG!

(PLEASE DON'T. GIVE US MORE TEA. MENTION IT ALL.)

this is so off topic but one guy who does really good youtube recommendations on skincare is Dr. Anthony Youn. He is a real plastic surgeon with a following > 1 million, his own practice and his own skin care line. He says expensive skin care lotions are not necessary. You just need good cheap lotion, SPF, non-alcoholic toner... He does recommend Vit C, retinol and some other stuff though but you can get these for cheap in Cerave and Cetaphil products. One dermatologist I follow, her entire cupboard of skincare products are from Cerave and Cetaphil.

He's funny and down to earth. Once he is a whole segment on people's mean comments (like celebrity mean tweets) and he made light of it. Elle would never do something like that.
So, I know Dr. Dray gets a lot of flak because she's anorexic but... I gotta tell you, I've followed her advice for the past two-ish? years now and my skin is looking on fleek lol. I trust her! Do as she says and not as she does. I basically slather myself in sunscreen, use tretinoin, Cerave products, etc. and you're totally right--you don't need expensive products to have excellent skin. I gotta check out this Dr. Youn.

Seattle has less than a million people and if you filter out all the people who would never come across Smelle normally (too young/old, foreigners who only hang out among themselves, married and only hang out with other families, etc.), her potential social circle is actually super small.

I've lived in New York and London which are much larger cities and within the circle of 20-40 year olds, white collar professionals, we almost always knew someone who knew everyone else in that demographic. There was this one girl who had a really bad reputation in my industry (backstabber, frequently dumped work on other people and took advantage of her colleagues) and we all knew exactly who she was, where she went to school, what she looked like, and what companies she worked for. There was another girl who was notorious for sleeping her way up the ladder and we all knew exactly who she was as well. I even personally know two guys who have hooked up with her.

Just because people don't call you out directly, it doesn't mean you don't have a reputation. If Smelle is ignoring social distancing rules and dating as much as we've been told she is, I'm not surprised she's ran into your friends.
I'm from NYC and I run into people I knew all the time in the city. If you run in certain circles the city can absolutely be "small." I totally believe that Seattle could be "small"! I live in a city of about a million now in Italy and I constantly run into the same people walking my dog.

thecatlass

VIP Member
LMAO "healthy ingredients" didn't she use chicken thighs because it's cheaper?
I suspect Smelle LeCock thinks that as long as food is home-made, it's healthy. But her culinary répertoire is far from healthy... broccoli soup with an insane amount of cheese, mac & cheese (basically carbs plus fat, zero fiber), breaded chicken thighs, pasta dishes swimming in cheese...

greenbear

VIP Member
Eleanor, as much as I can't stand the majority of your personality... If you want the easier route, take it. Just for pete's sake, stop LYING ABOUT IT.
THIS!!! A thousand times!! Just stop lying.
[/QUOTE]
She can't, she lies so much she doesn't know what is real anymore.

Ginette makes bad financial and life decisions all the time. Just to give you a few examples from what I know from Elle's channel only:

1. Her Victoria house was custom built - she built it into a haunted house that she couldn't sell for 10+ years. If it was structured better, she would have made way more money from it.

2. Her condo in Hawaii is a leasehold that expires in 2027. If she spent that money buying a real property she owns, she can make more money from it.

3. She sold that Victoria house and TBH I don't think she owns property now. Again dumb mistake, just to follow Elle around.

4. She spent a lot of money on Elle's education but perhaps a French immersion school would have been better for Elle - even if it's for free at a public school. It would give Elle more flexibility in terms of jobs and it would be easy for Elle since French is her mother tongue. She allowed Elle to go to Durham for law school without going to undergrad in Canada first.

5. Not to mention Ginette spoils Elle rotten but doesn't get Elle to invest her money properly. Ginette controls the purse strings so if she got a downpayment on a property in Vancouver, Elle wouldn't refuse.

Seeing Elle and Ginette's life choices is a warning for me not to repeat them myself.
Yes they are both a cautionary tale.

Ladies, there is a YouTuber called Anthony Recenello who is a dating coach and he is offering to coach and set up YouTubers on dates, would be so fun for him to try to get a date for Elle. She probably is too proud to admit she needs help

Last edited:

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I thought maybe she was teaching her class this semester, but the school's course listing it shows she's not teaching it this semester. However, she's still listed as a faculty member, so seems like it's a temporary thing, maybe because of travel issues since she's in the US.
I thought her class was always taught during the fall term? But I also don't remeber her mentioning it during vlogmas or during the fall at all like she normally does.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Elle is entirely obsessed with finding a rich guy. But seriously sometimes marrying a rich guy is a matter of fate. The 3 ladies I know who married really rich guys (like net worth $30 million or more USD men) never intended to marry rich. One lady married her high school sweet heart and he made his fortune in his 40s; this other two married their college sweet hearts who were engineers who struck it big long after they got married. It's not like these 3 actually went out and sought out rich guys to marry. They married for love and the guys they married happened to get rich after. Perhaps they looked at things like potential, smarts, etc... but certainly not money per se.

Last edited:

202leda

We've seen how pathetic she is without a man, once one is on board she gets super smug and braggy. It is really sad that she can't be happy being herself or by herself. I would feel bad for her if she wasn't so smug when she has a guy.

Any activity she does when she's not in a relationship is some how planned as a way to meet guys. Sure one of her friends took her hiking which is good, but you know her friend was prob thinking this is something to get her active, but you know In elle's mind she got all glamed up and wore her jewelry in case she serendipitously ran into the new love of her life. I bet her bike pashmina was a way to try to run into guys too. Probably was biking through the streets hoping a guy would fall out of a tree and in love with her.

Notice how she hasn't mentioned her bike in the last few months? It has to be bc she's got a bf now. (I guess it is cold too but I know people who bike in all weather and she wasn't mentioning her bike this fall when it was still nice out)

I can't imagine living such a life, only goal in life to get married and yet having no hobbies or real interests? So sad.
I recall after her breakup with Joe she claimed that she was motivated to make good content and admittedly I rooted for her, even though I didn’t like her that much before that. But less than a month in she was already dating and posting the same garbage. WTF???

Clearly Elle is just boring and as someone mentioned before, a shell of a person. As much as I want to believe her getting a car is a good idea, I doubt she wanted it as a means to become independent. I used to follow bestdressed (Ashley) and while she is annoying and has a lot of issues, she at least makes/tries to make decent content after she breaks up with someone. Not to mention Ashley is a decade younger than Smelle, is more adventurous, and doesn’t need her freaking mom to follow her around because she got dumped or people are being mean. 🙄

202leda

Yes because Eleanor's playbook seems to be getting physical with men asap to get them interested. Having zoom dates would mean that she needs to have an appealing personality and be actually engaging, unless she's going the way of OnlyFans. :ROFLMAO:
Don’t give her ideas 😜

• Haha

MissGlam21

They met on an app. He later saw her on Hinge with hiking and biking photos. She made it seem like Rick wasn't much of a thing. She definitely tried to come of extremely successful

She tires wore a busty top and skinny jeans. He thought she looked kind of granny but stuck around because she seemed very easy but dropped her when he realized she was easy with everyone
Did you warn your friend about Smelle before he met her? Or did you find out after the fact and assured him that he dodged a bullet? 🤣