Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Smelle has some serious hoarding issues. I don’t think she even realizes this (but we know you read here often!) but it’s a major reason why she has so much stuff, and why a lot of it is ugly and out of fashion (in addition to her bad taste). Eleanor Florence literally just collects as many things as she could and never curates her collection.

I agree with you that a charity would be a way better place for her “affordable” handbags. Because let’s be honest, Smelle is unlikely to ever wear them anyways, especially now that she’s mostly man-hunting and we’re in a pandemic, so most people are home more often than not.
I can’t imagine what her (multiple) storage lockers look like.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I can’t imagine what her (multiple) storage lockers look like.
Pretty depressing. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff per locker that was supposed to fill the emptiness in her soul but didn't. The Florida one has to be particularly sad. All that Chanel and Unwelle rotting in the Florida heat and humidity.

Reactions: 9
Pretty depressing. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff per locker that was supposed to fill the emptiness in her soul but didn't. The Florida one has to be particularly sad. All that Chanel and Unwelle rotting in the Florida heat and humidity.
why does she not go to therapy she clearly needs it.

Reactions: 6
why does she not go to therapy she clearly needs it.
The Gurugossip thread got really heated when people said this. I agree, though. She definitely would benefit from a professional who can help her figure out what she is doing. Maybe a life coach? She hasn't worked in over a year, moved across the country, got dumped prior to getting married and has been dealing with lockdown in a new city where she only knows a few people. It's tough for all of us, but I can't imagine dealing with all that!

The shopping too much and lying about herself (eg, lying about her job, education, heritage) are deep seated though. Once you get into that, it can be hard to get yourself out. With the chaos happening right now I definitely find myself browsing too much online and in stores as a way to soothe.

But Elle is at a point where the shopping has legitimately gone off the rails - imagine all the savings she would have if she shopped less! Her two Sentaler coats, after tax, are $2000 USD!!! Imagine buying a Banana Republic wool coat ($300) and then saving the rest for your investing portfolio - best of both worlds! But she just had to have those... not totally sure why. What 30 year-old actually must have the specific coat Kate and Meghan wore? Such immature behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I've tried the Sentaler coats in person at a luxury store and they are very uncomfortable. First of all they're very very heavy and they're stiff. They may look nice on camera but not that nice in person.

I've tried the Sentaler coats in person at a luxury store and they are very uncomfortable. First of all they're very very heavy and they're stiff. They may look nice on camera but not that nice in person.
Yes! They’re super heavy and scratchy. The style is nice but not revolutionary and getting multiples because Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle wore one at some point is absurd.

Reactions: 5
I beg to differ. I actually own a Sentaler coat (yes, got it after watching Elle's recommendation) and it's very warm and versatile. Nonetheless, that's the only coat I have for that temperature, and I got it from Saks with discount.

It's definitely not worth the full price, or having 3 at the same time.

Reactions: 5
Yes! They’re super heavy and scratchy. The style is nice but not revolutionary and getting multiples because Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle wore one at some point is absurd.
And I think she actually has three, no? Doesn’t she have practically the same coat in black, grey, and camel? At least they are neutrals that go with everything, but the again, that’s exactly the point: they are neutrals that go with everything so you only really need one. But hey, if you feel you absolutely must own wool coats in those three colors the least you could do is get different styles altogether. And hey, you’re still going to need a down coat. Are you going to get three different colors for those, too? That’s six coats right there and you’re still going to need a raincoat, and maybe a spring jacket. By then, you’ve maxed out major real estate in your closet. Might as well be a bit more strategic about your purchases!

And I think she actually has three, no? Doesn’t she have practically the same coat in black, grey, and camel? At least they are neutrals that go with everything, but the again, that’s exactly the point: they are neutrals that go with everything so you only really need one. But hey, if you feel you absolutely must own wool coats in those three colors the least you could do is get different styles altogether. And hey, you’re still going to need a down coat. Are you going to get three different colors for those, too? That’s six coats right there and you’re still going to need a raincoat, and maybe a spring jacket. By then, you’ve maxed out major real estate in your closet. Might as well be a bit more strategic about your purchases!
I feel she has way more than six coats... On top of those Sentaler coats, she has a Burberry trench coat, some vintage coats with fur collars/ coats entirely made out of fur which she inherited from her grandmother and used to wear in Chris days ( 🤮), she has this hideous red plaid coat she bought in Hawaii in January during her post-breakup retail therapy and some weird puffy coat she bought around the same period.

BTW, I went back to her first trash thread on GG. She had only one thread until Joe dumped her in April 2018 and it literally erupted then. Anyway, it was hilarious to read some identical comments to what we write nowadays. Lots of people pointed out he dumped her because he was just an accessory to her, that she was a manic spender and hoarder. That she wanted to be a kept woman and her 'career' was a sham. Even back then lots of ladies were pointing out Smelle's scamming ways, as well as her total lack of consideration and respect for others. It was fun reading it all but at the same time absolutely second hand embarrassing because to think Smelle hasn't improved her character at all in those 2 years (or actually gotten worse) is properly eye-opening. Right now even her channel is tanking. Her breakup video at least brought her tons of views.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice how Elle left the receipt inside of the rainbow straw tote? Proof she got it for the video and plans on returning it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I feel she has way more than six coats... On top of those Sentaler coats, she has a Burberry trench coat, some vintage coats with fur collars/ coats entirely made out of fur which she inherited from her grandmother and used to wear in Chris days ( 🤮), she has this hideous red plaid coat she bought in Hawaii in January during her post-breakup retail therapy and some weird puffy coat she bought around the same period.

BTW, I went back to her first trash thread on GG. She had only one thread until Joe dumped her in April 2018 and it literally erupted then. Anyway, it was hilarious to read some identical comments to what we write nowadays. Lots of people pointed out he dumped her because he was just an accessory to her, that she was a manic spender and hoarder. That she wanted to be a kept woman and her 'career' was a sham. Even back then lots of ladies were pointing out Smelle's scamming ways, as well as her total lack of consideration and respect for others. It was fun reading it all but at the same time absolutely second hand embarrassing because to think Smelle hasn't improved her character at all in those 2 years (or actually gotten worse) is properly eye-opening. Right now even her channel is tanking. Her breakup video at least brought her tons of views.
I think a lot of actual career women and aspiring lawyers/college students who have since aged out of that demographic realize that none of what Elle says or does adds up. No practicing lawyer in an actually legit law firm in their 20s has a 9-to-5 job like Elle, and most of them eat at their desks during lunch. They don’t leave the office at 5pm and they definitely don’t go shopping daily at lunch time. I think her only long term fans at this point are older, retired women or housewives who don’t know how it really works in corporate.

Also, practicing lawyers make quite a bit and their lifestyles shouldn’t have a drastic difference with or without a man (unless they’re leeching off said man) and Elle’s hauls and spending increases significantly when she has a guy to foot the larger bills like rent and related expenses. It just proves that she’s not a “girlboss” who makes a good living and she isn’t the successful, independent, career woman she pretends to be on her channel. I realize that she’s now pivoting away from that image and focusing more on selling her shoddy wares but it’s undeniable that she was selling that untrue image for the longest time to her subscribers. Eleanor Florence makes it seem like her excessive shopping and spending is the result of her working hard, when it’s clearly funded by Ginette and any man she managed to take advantage of at that given moment.

But Elle is at a point where the shopping has legitimately gone off the rails - imagine all the savings she would have if she shopped less! Her two Sentaler coats, after tax, are $2000 USD!!! Imagine buying a Banana Republic wool coat ($300) and then saving the rest for your investing portfolio - best of both worlds! But she just had to have those... not totally sure why. What 30 year-old actually must have the specific coat Kate and Meghan wore? Such immature behaviour.
She has 3 Sentaler coats, two in same style in different colors (one to match Kate). 3rd one in obi-wan kenobi style.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And I think she actually has three, no? Doesn’t she have practically the same coat in black, grey, and camel?
One to abandon in the Vancouver locker. One to abandon in the Florida locker. And a third one to abandon in the eventual Seattle locker when she gets dumped and flees back to her mom in Hawaii yet again.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
No practicing lawyer in an actually legit law firm in their 20s has a 9-to-5 job like Elle, and most of them eat at their desks during lunch. They don’t leave the office at 5pm and they definitely don’t go shopping daily at lunch time.
I've always thought she must have been eating at her desk before or after the 12-1 lunch break. More time for shopping!

Can you imagine her co-workers watching her drag her shopping bags in every day? I think that can look quite tacky and she should have known to do her shopping after work. But then again this is the girl who would waltz in with that emerald teal Chanel bag and too-tight jeggings, so...

• Haha
A lot of luxury items are not worth the cost, namely Chanel bags (which I heard are really uncomfortable, heavy and the chains dig in). I also heard that LV neverfulls are not comfy either because the straps are thin and dig into your shoulders. Same with Ferragamo flats - they have no arch support whatsoever. I prefer my trusty Clarks or Ecco shoes thanks.

Who needs this much formal outerwear? This isn't even the extent of it, but what is easy to find. I can't get over someone having multiple things in the same cut and colour, it just seems so wasteful.

• Wow
  • Sad
She posted a coat collection video before she moved to Florida and showed:
- reversible shearling coat
- Mackage wool coat (another brand seen on the Duchess of Cambridge/Sussex)
- Burberry trench
- Burberry Brit trench
- Aquascutum trench
- wool coat with leather sleeves
- reversible wool coat
- Brooks Brothers wool coat
- Ted Baker wool coat
- DvF wool coat
- Sentaler coat in a tan colour
- Sentaler coat in grey
- Sentaler coat in black

In her Florida Nordstrom anniversary sale haul she showed a faux fur leopard print coat that was... not good. Also, she was living in Florida. She may have also gotten other coats that I have forgotten, but this reminds me she purchased a tote for her laptop that was not included in the most recent bag collection videos as far as I can remember.

In her capsule collection haul she showed a
- red plaid wool coat
- quilted coat with faux fur collar from Bradgley Mischka

In her WHAT I EAT IN A DAY IN SEATTLE video she wore a trench coat with leather sleeves that I thought was surprisingly edgy for her, though they were quite popular a few years ago.

And in her most recent Nordstrom Anniversary sale haul she showed a quilted Halogen coat and mentioned she was waiting for two more coats to be delivered.

That is a lot of coats. And it's entirely possible I've forgotten some, since I only skimmed through the coat collection and she's posted many hauls since then.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
She is STILL very much into what the Royals wear. In her budget bag video, she pulled out this one and said she got it after Meghan Markel wore one.

Attachments

• Haha
A lot of luxury items are not worth the cost, namely Chanel bags (which I heard are really uncomfortable, heavy and the chains dig in). I also heard that LV neverfulls are not comfy either because the straps are thin and dig into your shoulders. Same with Ferragamo flats - they have no arch support whatsoever. I prefer my trusty Clarks or Ecco shoes thanks.
There is nothing wrong with buying luxury with one's own money. Can we focus on Elle and not be so opinionated about luxury?

I personally think Chanel bags are gorgeous and comfortable to wear (I own two for many many years, and can probably get most of the money back if I decide to sell them one day). Ferragamo flats are great for formal work events when you don't have to walk around so much and still like to look nice. Never full is also very practical for a lot of people's life style.

Elle is the problem, not these popular items that a lot of people actually find useful. The luxury community is not all idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There is nothing wrong with buying luxury with one's own money. Can we focus on Elle and not be so opinionated about luxury?

I personally think Chanel bags are gorgeous and comfortable to wear (I own two for many many years, and can probably get most of the money back if I decide to sell them one day). Ferragamo flats are great for formal work events when you don't have to walk around so much and still like to look nice. Never full is also very practical for a lot of people's life style.

Elle is the problem, not these popular items that a lot of people actually find useful. The luxury community is not all idiots.
I don’t have an issue with any of those items either, to be honest. My Neverfull is so good for everything from the gym to a carry-on for travels and I’ve never felt like my Chanel medium flaps are heavy. I’m not a fan of the Ferragamos because I don’t like the style but I agree there’s nothing inherently wrong with the shoe.

Elle doesn’t have the monopoly on these items - they are honestly some of the most common luxury items for the mentioned brands and you can like them without liking Smelley or her style.

That being said, if someone else thinks it’s idiotic to spend that much on these items or they find them ugly...I would also understand that. Different priorities and budgets and no one is in the wrong. There’s definitely nothing wrong with purchasing luxury though if you have the means.🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.