Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenbear

VIP Member
Did MDS go the the last meet up Smelle did in Toronto? Or is that the friend who went to visit her for her 30th bday? At any rate, her sketchy excuse and known behavior is a pretty good indicator that she probably cut her off after feeling slighted. 😂
MDS was legitimately obsessed with Smelly

Reactions: 4

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Um did you see some of the guys? Some of them look they rolled out of bed. She's probably actually one of the most formally dressed but I used to casual work environments so the cut of the shirt doesn't bother me really. The dude bros with the long hair bother me more hah or that pharma lady with whatever lose she is doing.

My boyfriend walked in when she was showing it played and with all seriousness, he asked "is that cat food?"
Lol I though the guys looked rough too, I guess their "office" is very relaxed dress code wise?

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I think Eleanor F. Lecocq (the version of her name that she uses for her new gig) has probably hooked some poor shmuck in, at least for now. She seems quite good at tricking men and reeling them in, only to have them dump her abruptly once they actually get to know her (see Chris, Joe, SS, Rick, Dean, and probably many others we haven’t seen).

• Heart

MUALover

Chatty Member
i think she spends the most during sale / Xmas times, and is more restrained throughout the year. There’s no way she’d pass an opportunity to brag online if she were hauling so much other times. Social media is a highlights reel after all. She will showcase the week she spends the most but it’s not indicative of the rest of the year.

If she had this kind of money to burn she wouldn’t be compromising on apartments, bringing soup for lunch, and restraining her buys at Chanel. You can tell she prefers YSL or pre-loved because it’s more within her price range. Plus remember her sad Florida days? There’s no way she’d suddenly do a 360 if she had access to this level of funds all year round.

I think this only serves to support our theory that joe contributed most of the expenses & her businesses were doing the best in the joe era. This was really her peak life. She has never visited dry bar since then & it’s not even that expensive.
There is nothing wrong with loving YSL bags. They're not cheap and I heard Chanel bags weren't that comfortable (the strap digs in). Plus Elle does have 2 Chanel bags that I love (the pale Chanel one and the Chanel navy blue boy bag, plus the Chanel WOC). Honestly, I prefer YSL for evening bags (I love the YSL Kate Tassel bag WOC). Most girls Elle's age don't even have 1 Chanel bag let alone 3. I know I don't.

In hindsight, I think Elle was bringing in a lot of money from her side gigs so she spent money like it was water. I don't think she ever thought her pearl and scarf business would level out or drop off. I remember her going to the post office with bags of scarfs and pearls. With her MDFA income, she was making 6 figures easily. But her business dropped off once Joe dumped her / her bad romance with Rick / when her girl boss facade melted / pandemic struck / her channel lost viewers / her lifestyle was no longer enviable.

actuallawyer

Wisconsin and Michigan are looking good for Biden, but that's not a guaranteed win. I was surprised by Arizona turning blue!

Much like the rest of 2020, this election is turning into a long day by day, state by state slog.

We'll be luck if we find out results by the end of this week (like, really lucky).
Agreed. It’s looking like Biden has Maine, and Nevada, possibly Arizona if it doesn’t topple back over, then all he needs is either Michigan or Wisconsin. Not sure what Trump needs but he’ll likely carry North Carolina and Georgia.

KitsBiach

I'm think Elle's headband collection is rather extensive and they all have that expensive designer look to them. But it's just my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if her headband collection was worth $1000-$2000 right there.
Should comment on Elle’s YouTube or Instagram asking for a headband collection videos!!!😂😂

• Haha

Seri

While nobody here can 100% say what happened between Elle and Joe (who paid for what, etc. - and until Elle or Joe confirm, yes, it's all just speculation), I agree it's so lazy of Elle to go to Drybar 2x/week to have someone wash her hair. How hard can it be to wash your hair?!

I feel kinda tricked by Elle. I really thought she was pretty. But I guess less tricked than those who bought her pearls. :p

• Haha

StockPhotoScientist

Hi all! I stumbled on EF via a jewelry video; she had some very nice stuff from family. Then I went to look at her jewelry website and it was just very off somehow. Can I ask, how have people picked up all this backstory on her? Is it all in older videos or elsewhere?

MUALover

Chatty Member
I think the implication here is that if Elle had more money she would be buying more (brand new) Chanel and less YSL. I mean, let’s face it, Elle’s aesthetic definitely doesn’t fit Saint Laurent. YSL just happens to be less expensive; it’s not cheap and is very cost prohibitive for many, which is why Elle is motivated to buy it.

She’s such an unstylish granny.
Well Hermes then Chanel are considered the most premium of bags. Most youtube gurus don't even buy Hermes bags because it's too expensive. TBH except for the Chanel boy bag, all Chanel bags have a granny aesthetic IMO.

MUALover

Chatty Member
That’s true, but I have a hard time believing Elle likes YSL as much as or even more than Chanel.
Chanel flaps look like granny bags. Can't imagine a 20 something year old woman carrying it TBH. Maybe 50+ at a minimum. I love the look of Chanel boy bags but I heard the bag was super heavy and the flaps are heavy and big.

Reactions: 3

drewberry_moore

That is FUCKING INSANE. $15,000 a month in shopping. Do you guys know how much money Elle would have in 20 years if she put even 1/3 of that into an investment account every month? She could retire and be way more comfortable than Ginette.

On a side note, ladies... can I get your opinions? I'm getting married as soon as this coronavirus stuff is over :p I already call my SO my husband since we've been together 7 years and nothing will change except the paper, buttttt... we're finally making it official! Which dress would you choose for a city clerk wedding in NYC? All white dresses are just not my thing. Assuming warm weather.

View attachment 311478
View attachment 311479View attachment 311480View attachment 311481
Congratulations!! I love the back and white one, it's so elegant.

Food4Thought

Through all this I think it's important to remember that Elle's issues are not uncommon and like every single one of us, she is a flawed, imperfect being and that's completely fine.

The thing is, none of us run a youtube channel where we show off a luxurious and exciting lifestyle (well, at least she did) and imply that we have what we have because we work hard, work smart, and have life figured out. The basic premise of her channel has always been that she has unlocked all of life's secrets and she's going to show you how she does it. The endless Nordstrom trips, chic apartments, blowouts, fancy dinners, and wall of bags were rewards for being in charge of life in the early 21st century.

But as we all know, when she's at her best, the showing off is front and center on her channel and it gets tiring. When she shares her secret to her good life, her tips aren't very good. And when you look closer, it all falls apart.

She didn't work hard. She left the house after 8 and was in her trophy wife fitness class by 4:45. She grocery shopped and binged at Nordstrom in the midday. She probably didn't work smart. After her Florida debacle her old employer didn't want her back, if its true she applied there.

If from the very beginning her channel's theme was 'I was born into money, and I am going to review the expensive things I buy and do so that you can decide if you want to spend your money on those things too' she would have attracted a degree of spoiled rich girl hate, but in the end a lot of people would be impressed she's honest and when it comes down to it, if they were born into her money they'd probably spend it the same way she does. There certainly wouldn't be thread after thread about what a mess she is.

So all we're left with is a spoiled girl who never grew up and her enabling mother, and the entertainment lies in how colossally she will ruin her life next, which the mean part of me adores. Yet, I would 100% unironically watch Elle if she retooled the channel, got honest, got help, and made the channel about the challenges of facing such deep-seated problems, and when she brags about her life, she brags about how she got better to make it better. I'd start a rave thread and never post in this one again.
Wow. Love this.

VeraF

Elle does need to get a hobby...or three. It can be so helpful to allocate your time to something else. I did this personally after evaluating my life several years ago and the video I posted a few pages back also brought it up. Even therapists promote it. We cannot make a vacuum in our lives (cutting shopping or anything) without intentionally filling it with something else. If we don't, something easy will fill its place, likely our addictions and habits.

But it will also take self control and restraint. Elle has done great by taking up hiking, but we're still seeing new purchases in her videos. This clearly is not just about adding a hobby. She'll need to be prudent with what she buys, not frivolous, and do some internal work. These are deep seated issues.
That's an excellent point. Are you open to sharing how you evaluated your life and do you recommend any resources that aided your journey? I feel the pandemic has given me a lot of insight that I'd like to utilize to improve my life. No worries if you think thats too personal. 🙂

MUALover

Chatty Member
Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.10.14 AM.png

These Jennifer Behr ones are $200 each on Net-A-Porter. They look similar to what Elle has. I like the look of these but I don't look good in headbands so I never wear them (I had one from 10 years ago when they were $100 but glasses + bangs + headband looked too much on me), plus they hurt my head after 1 day of continuous wear. Some of the beaded ones are >$1000 USD.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Thank you to the person who recommended Lisa Wei/Getawei - I’ve been enjoying watching Vancouver vlogs that aren’t Nordstrom-centric. Are there any other Vancouver, Seattle and Hawaii YouTubers that show more of the cities than Elle does?
I like Lisa Wei too. She's very funny and down to earth.

MUALover

Chatty Member
My favorite bag of Elle's is (ironically) her rose gold Rebecca Minkoff. I think it's absolutely stunning. It is also a young and fresh looking. Her white and black Rebecca Minkoff is nice too.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Having a difference of opinion is not a heated argument in my world. This is a discussion forum after all. I quite enjoyed the discussion, but looks like it upset you. I am happy to change topics.
I'm not upset but I think you have a very specific view of wealth and class that seems to be tied to the U.S. census and I'm not sure how productive it would be for you and the rest of us who disagree to talk about this. We perceive affluence differently and that's perfectly fine.

greenbear

VIP Member
The Gurugossip thread got really heated when people said this. I agree, though. She definitely would benefit from a professional who can help her figure out what she is doing. Maybe a life coach? She hasn't worked in over a year, moved across the country, got dumped prior to getting married and has been dealing with lockdown in a new city where she only knows a few people. It's tough for all of us, but I can't imagine dealing with all that!

The shopping too much and lying about herself (eg, lying about her job, education, heritage) are deep seated though. Once you get into that, it can be hard to get yourself out. With the chaos happening right now I definitely find myself browsing too much online and in stores as a way to soothe.

But Elle is at a point where the shopping has legitimately gone off the rails - imagine all the savings she would have if she shopped less! Her two Sentaler coats, after tax, are $2000 USD!!! Imagine buying a Banana Republic wool coat ($300) and then saving the rest for your investing portfolio - best of both worlds! But she just had to have those... not totally sure why. What 30 year-old actually must have the specific coat Kate and Meghan wore? Such immature behaviour.
I think it's deeper than that, age seems to have r real deep seated issues