Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is nothing wrong with loving YSL bags. They're not cheap and I heard Chanel bags weren't that comfortable (the strap digs in). Plus Elle does have 2 Chanel bags that I love (the pale Chanel one and the Chanel navy blue boy bag, plus the Chanel WOC). Honestly, I prefer YSL for evening bags (I love the YSL Kate Tassel bag WOC). Most girls Elle's age don't even have 1 Chanel bag let alone 3. I know I don't.

In hindsight, I think Elle was bringing in a lot of money from her side gigs so she spent money like it was water. I don't think she ever thought her pearl and scarf business would level out or drop off. I remember her going to the post office with bags of scarfs and pearls. With her MDFA income, she was making 6 figures easily. But her business dropped off once Joe dumped her / her bad romance with Rick / when her girl boss facade melted / pandemic struck / her channel lost viewers / her lifestyle was no longer enviable.
I don't think you're aware how much people make at these government agency/regulatory jobs but it is most definitely not six figures. Given her lack of seniority, she would've been high 5, tops. More likely between mid to high five figures. She would've been very very lucky to hit low six figures with her MDFA job + pearls/scarves combined (perhaps at her peak), but Joe was heavily subsidizing that lifestyle.

Reactions: 10
There is nothing wrong with loving YSL bags. They're not cheap and I heard Chanel bags weren't that comfortable (the strap digs in). Plus Elle does have 2 Chanel bags that I love (the pale Chanel one and the Chanel navy blue boy bag, plus the Chanel WOC). Honestly, I prefer YSL for evening bags (I love the YSL Kate Tassel bag WOC). Most girls Elle's age don't even have 1 Chanel bag let alone 3. I know I don't.

In hindsight, I think Elle was bringing in a lot of money from her side gigs so she spent money like it was water. I don't think she ever thought her pearl and scarf business would level out or drop off. I remember her going to the post office with bags of scarfs and pearls. With her MDFA income, she was making 6 figures easily. But her business dropped off once Joe dumped her / her bad romance with Rick / when her girl boss facade melted / pandemic struck / her channel lost viewers / her lifestyle was no longer enviable.
I think the implication here is that if Elle had more money she would be buying more (brand new) Chanel and less, if any, YSL. I mean, let’s face it, Elle’s aesthetic definitely doesn’t fit Saint Laurent. YSL just happens to be less expensive.

She’s such an unstylish granny.

Reactions: 13
I think the implication here is that if Elle had more money she would be buying more (brand new) Chanel and less YSL. I mean, let’s face it, Elle’s aesthetic definitely doesn’t fit Saint Laurent. YSL just happens to be less expensive; it’s not cheap and is very cost prohibitive for many, which is why Elle is motivated to buy it.

She’s such an unstylish granny.
Well Hermes then Chanel are considered the most premium of bags. Most youtube gurus don't even buy Hermes bags because it's too expensive. TBH except for the Chanel boy bag, all Chanel bags have a granny aesthetic IMO.

Reactions: 4
Well Hermes then Chanel are considered the most premium of bags. Most youtube gurus don't even buy Hermes bags because it's too expensive. TBH except for the Chanel boy bag, all Chanel bags have a granny aesthetic IMO.
That’s true, but I have a hard time believing Elle likes YSL as much as or even more than Chanel.

That is bleeping INSANE. $15,000 a month in shopping. Do you guys know how much money Elle would have in 20 years if she put even 1/3 of that into an investment account every month? She could retire and be way more comfortable than Ginette.

On a side note, ladies... can I get your opinions? I'm getting married as soon as this coronavirus stuff is over :p I already call my SO my husband since we've been together 7 years and nothing will change except the paper, buttttt... we're finally making it official! Which dress would you choose for a city clerk wedding in NYC? All white dresses are just not my thing. Assuming warm weather.

View attachment 311478
View attachment 311479View attachment 311480View attachment 311481
The black and white dress is grand but I am partial to the green. 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
That’s true, but I have a hard time believing Elle likes YSL as much as or even more than Chanel.
Chanel flaps look like granny bags. Can't imagine a 20 something year old woman carrying it TBH. Maybe 50+ at a minimum. I love the look of Chanel boy bags but I heard the bag was super heavy and the flaps are heavy and big.

Reactions: 3
Chanel flaps look like granny bags. Can't imagine a 20 something year old woman carrying it TBH. Maybe 50+ at a minimum. I love the look of Chanel boy bags but I heard the bag was super heavy and the flaps are heavy and big.
I find it off-putting that you keep commenting on how ugly/uncomfortable/granny-like Chanel and Hermes classic styles are, but you've admitted in multiple instances that you don't even own the bags in question so how could you possibly know? Let's not mistaken our mutual dislike of Elle and project that hate onto expensive, designer goods. Just because you can't or wouldn't spend the money on something, it doesn't make the item ugly or bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find it off-putting that you keep commenting on how ugly/uncomfortable/granny-like Chanel and Hermes classic styles are, but you've admitted in multiple instances that you don't even own the bags in question so how could you possibly know? Let's not mistaken our mutual dislike of Elle and project that hate onto expensive, designer goods. Just because you can't or wouldn't spend the money on something, it doesn't make the item ugly or bad.
I asked people who have these bags and they said that. Some never wore the Chanel jumbo after buying it. They said the reason why the bag was heavy was because of the double flap.

Whenever I walk into the LV store in my city, it's always filled with young Asian girls. But the funny thing is, I work in a hospital and none of the female doctors (all who make $200,000 per annum or more), I've never seen them with designer bags, not even in their personal lives. So I don't know who is buying all these designer bags TBH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I asked people who have these bags and they said that. Some never wore the Chanel jumbo after buying it. They said the reason why the bag was heavy was because of the double flap.

Whenever I walk into the LV store in my city, it's always filled with young Asian girls. But the funny thing is, I work in a hospital and none of the female doctors (all who make $200,000 per annum or more), I've never seen them with designer bags, not even in their personal lives. So I don't know who is buying all these designer bags TBH.
Those are just anecdotes. And you have no personal experience with the bags yourself. There are also many young women (myself included) who enjoy and wear their Chanel flap bags. Flap bags come in non-jumbo sizes. I've also seen Hermes bags styled beautifully and not granny like at all. Also people have different social circles. And the people who are regularly buying Chanel and Hermes bags (especially ready to wear) either already have significant family wealth or earn way more than $200K which is good money but not enough to be buying Chanel and Hermes every season.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Ok. 🤷‍♀️

That’s fine that you think that (and there are plenty of other women who feel the same way about Chanel), but how is this relevant to Elle? She’s been buying Chanel since her 20s. She has a few YSL (which she didn’t start buying until she got brandwhore crazy), but I don’t get the impression she’s as passionate about the brand as she is with Chanel. I mean, she used to wear boucles to work!

And you’re right, there’s nothing wrong with liking Saint Laurent and it’s cost prohibitive for a lot of people. I just don’t think YSL is Elle’s first choice. Can you see Elle wearing a Saint Laurent leather jacket with ripped jeans? I can’t. 😂

Reactions: 11
Those are just anecdotes. And you have no personal experience with the bags yourself. There are also many young women (myself included) who enjoy and wear their Chanel flap bags. Flap bags come in non-jumbo sizes. I've also seen Hermes bags styled beautifully and not granny like at all. Also people have different social circles. And the people who are regularly buying Chanel and Hermes bags (especially ready to wear) either already have significant family wealth or earn way more than $200K which is good money but not enough to be buying Chanel and Hermes every season.
Man, this entire crowd must have inherited millions from their parents or be making in the millions in their 20s :rolleyes::whistle:

Man, this entire crowd must have inherited millions from their parents or be making in the millions in their 20s :rolleyes::whistle:
Nope. My one new Chanel flap was a graduation gift from my parents. I also have a few older ones that used to be my mom’s. My family’s not extremely rich, my mother just likes fashion and doesn’t care about things like luxury cars or restaurants. Now that I’m on my own, I’m not willing to buy new Chanel bags because the prices are so high now. I also can’t afford to without compromising my financial goals. But unlike you, I don't generalize my preferences and experiences.

There are many women who can afford to and want to. There are also women who don’t make that much, but really like designer bags so they save up for them (like Elle!) It depends on one’s priorities and goals. You can buy designer things even if you don't make millions. There’s a huge, diverse market for these bags if you looked beyond your social circle. For example, check out the PurseForum - women all over the world, all ages, all jobs including doctors. Some are wealthy, others have to save up. It's just you can't possibly imagine the experiences and preferences of other women beyond your own circle.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

What a way to generalize people. And what’s wrong with being young Asian woman? asked by one myself 🤨

Reactions: 15
What a way to generalize people. And what’s wrong with being young Asian woman? asked by one myself 🤨
Not a young Asian woman myself but also curious about this answer...

I also frequent Louis Vuitton despite not falling into the above mentioned demographic. Designer is carried and loved by women of all ages and colors.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Hate to break this to you girl, those purses that are light, are cheaply made. Any purses with good metals and real preserved leather, and leather linings, are very heavy. And I have to admit I save up when I go traveling to London to buy designer goods, I’m not ashamed of that. I would not make compromises to use a cheaply made bag.

I work at a hospital setting too. Most female doctors are very well put together. They may not use flashy purses, but they don’t cheap out on what they use.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
This is also a HUGE generalization...I’m willing to bet that the majority of women in this thread who own Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Hermes do so because they are hard working, professional women who occasionally treat themselves and not due to anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That is bleeping INSANE. $15,000 a month in shopping. Do you guys know how much money Elle would have in 20 years if she put even 1/3 of that into an investment account every month? She could retire and be way more comfortable than Ginette.

On a side note, ladies... can I get your opinions? I'm getting married as soon as this coronavirus stuff is over :p I already call my SO my husband since we've been together 7 years and nothing will change except the paper, buttttt... we're finally making it official! Which dress would you choose for a city clerk wedding in NYC? All white dresses are just not my thing. Assuming warm weather.

View attachment 311478
Congratulations!! That sounds really exciting! I say the green one for a day wedding and the blue sparkly one for an evening one!!

Reactions: 5

View attachment 311478
Congrats! The green one drapes beautifully and the texture is great for a warm weather occasion! Go for it girl!

Did I miss something? Why is everyone dragging MUALover for expressing her opinion on designer bags? It's great that a whole bunch of people love Chanel. There are a whole bunch of people who don't. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. If someone expresses an opinion that you disagree with, counter with your own. It's not cool to attrak that person for merely expressing their opinion. This is a discussion forum after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did I miss something? Why is everyone dragging MUALover for expressing her opinion on designer bags? It's great that a whole bunch of people love Chanel. There are a whole bunch of people who don't. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. If someone expresses an opinion that you disagree with, counter with your own. It's not cool to attrak that person for merely expressing their opinion. This is a discussion forum after all.
It's the way MUALover presented her opinion (and racism)

"Whenever I walk into the LV store in my city, it's always filled with young Asian girls. But the funny thing is, I work in a hospital and none of the female doctors (all who make $200,000 per annum or more), I've never seen them with designer bags, not even in their personal lives. So I don't know who is buying all these designer bags TBH."

1. She made a generalization based off her limited experiences and social circle. She can't imagine anyone who buys these bags.

2. Then she mentions how only young Asian girls go the LV store. This bothered a few people including me (and Asian women in this thread) "So I don't know who is buying all these designer bags TBH" Aren't these people who buy Hermes and Chanel? Why mention their race at all? How does their race contribute to the discussion and her points? Especially considering how she immediately starts talking about how it's "funny" that the doctors she knows (who surely speak for all female doctors) don't wear designer bags.

3. “Can't imagine a 20 something year old woman carrying it TBH. Maybe 50+ at a minimum” Since she's lacking in imagination she could just Google outfits of young women wearing these bags...

4. And when users point out that her experiences and preferences aren't universal, instead of considering other perspectives (many young women like expensive bags and save up for them - and they like particular styles she doesn't ) she responds by saying we all must come from rich families / make millions / are lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This comment is really harsh, what is wrong with you? I’d expect reading something like this from Elle’s comments...

Not to be rude but you seem really bitter and bothered by the fact that other girls and women own/buy expensive designer and don’t appreciate cheaper brands (which, btw, I own plenty of cheaper brands myself). Unless someone is a condescending snob (re: Smelle), I couldn’t care less how other people are spending their money. It’s none of my business.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.