Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just remembered that Elle doesn't drive...so does that mean she is stuck at home with her cats most days unless her friend drives her around?
What does she even do all day long at home?
Early 30's, no job, and stuck at home.
So #girlboss.

Reactions: 12
I just remembered that Elle doesn't drive...so does that mean she is stuck at home with her cats most days unless her friend drives her around?
What does she even do all day long at home?
Early 30's, no job, and stuck at home.
So #girlboss.
She did get her license eventually, although I find it weird she doesn’t have a car from an American standpoint (NYC is the exception). A few people in past GG threads said not driving is common for young Vancouverites, although I’m not familiar with Vancouver and Elle is approaching 32...she’s still young but I’d think by 30 you’d at least want a car???

To some degree I can relate with not liking driving but in the US having a car is essential, especially if you have the means for it. If I were Elle I’d be hitting up Ginette for a used vehicle, not some $3k wardrobe or a bunch of Smeg appliances.

Reactions: 10
She did get her license eventually, although I find it weird she doesn’t have a car from an American standpoint (NYC is the exception). A few people in past GG threads said not driving is common for young Vancouverites, although I’m not familiar with Vancouver and Elle is approaching 32...she’s still young but I’d think by 30 you’d at least want a car???

To some degree I can relate with not liking driving but in the US having a car is essential, especially if you have the means for it. If I were Elle I’d be hitting up Ginette for a used vehicle, not some $3k wardrobe or a bunch of Smeg appliances.
what happened to the car she bought when she was in Florida?

Reactions: 6
what happened to the car she bought when she was in Florida?
She never said. 🤷‍♀️ Someone asked her on the livestream about driving and Elle denied having a car. I assume the car was never hers in the first place. It definitely explains why she had her cats air shipped to her after she settled in WA.

It’s so sad that so many YouTubers are scammers without a conscience, even the major ones. Susan Yara was advertising her company’s products in her videos for months and talking about how they were her top picks and even sharing an affiliate link that she claims she got from the company, without disclosing that it was actually her own company. 🙄

There was a lot of chatter about it but I don’t think she’s been cancelled, nor do her followers seem to care.
I am always a little weary about admiring influencers or celebrities in general. Not saying they’re all bad people (I am sure a bit of them are nice off camera) but they're primarily motivated by money so integrity will occasionally take a backseat. It’s sad but I assume it’s part of the job and these people aren’t my friends, anyway. 😂 I’ll only take umbrage when the lies are potentially harmful and the said influencer displays crappy, disrespectful behavior. Elle fits both of those categories perfectly.

Last edited:

Wasn't that her Canadian license? She could be working on the paperwork to transfer over will all the free time on her hands.

Reactions: 8
Wasn't that her Canadian license? She could be working on the paperwork to transfer over will all the free time on her hands.
Yep, you’re right it was. I guess I just assumed she got her license in FL because in those videos she kept talking about how she had to drive everywhere. 😂

Yep, you’re right it was. I guess I just assumed she got her license in FL because in those videos she kept talking about how she had to drive everywhere. 😂
I remember her saying she was practicing driving in Florida. I don’t remember if she ever confirmed she actually got her full license and not just a learners permit. Her and Rick had that old Porshe in the garage. I find it strange that she didn’t keep it. It doesn’t seem like a purchase Rick would make (He doesn’t strike me as the needing luxury type from the way he dresses). Now that I type this though, Rick maybe gave Elle a budget for the family car and since it was an older Porsche I guess this was their compromise. And she ran Off to Hawaii after the breakup with all her stuff in Florida so I guess they didn’t spend much time discussing who keeps what.

The area of Seattle she's in is fine for doing the no car life. She's definitely not stuck at home. If anything I bet she's going out for cocktails and brunch more frequently than would be wise during the pandemic, knowing her.

Obviously she was cagey about the true origins and fate of the Carmella Soprano Porsche SUV that popped up in a couple of her deleted Rick vids, but it follows with all things Rick that she's doing her best to pretend none of it ever happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I remember her saying she was practicing driving in Florida. I don’t remember if she ever confirmed she actually got her full license and not just a learners permit. Her and Rick had that old Porshe in the garage. I find it strange that she didn’t keep it. It doesn’t seem like a purchase Rick would make (He doesn’t strike me as the needing luxury type from the way he dresses). Now that I type this though, Rick maybe gave Elle a budget for the family car and since it was an older Porsche I guess this was their compromise. And she ran Off to Hawaii after the breakup with all her stuff in Florida so I guess they didn’t spend much time discussing who keeps what.
I think she was stuck on the learner's permit. She didn't really go anywhere in Fl, and the few vlogs that I saw her in a car, she was being chauffeured by Ginette.

He was bragging about the car in one of his videos he was showing off the keys to make some dumb over explained point , so he clearly kept it, and it looks like from insta he sold his motorcycle so I bet that's his only way of getting around

• Haha
He was bragging about the car in one of his videos he was showing off the keys to make some dumb over explained point , so he clearly kept it, and it looks like from insta he sold his motorcycle so I bet that's his only way of getting around
Why'd he sell his speed-beast?? That was his key to getting hip bruises and indecently showing them off to his adoring IG fans! 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I think she was stuck on the learner's permit. She didn't really go anywhere in Fl, and the few vlogs that I saw her in a car, she was being chauffeured by Ginette.
No, she did get a full unrestricted drivers license when she lived in Vancouver, maybe in spring 2019? Ginette and Elle went out to lunch at the Vancouver Club to celebrate.

Reactions: 4

It’s his car.

He’s bragging about it in this video, along with a “certified Swiss chronometer wristwatch”, a “hand-knit Italian tie”, and a “Brooks Brothers vest, heh”, as well as name-dropping “Fe-LAAAA-LEE”, “Macclesfield British TAAH”.

He’s just as much of a label-bleep as Elle. I could bet anything he knew she would be impressed with his car and BB vest, which... obviously she was.

If I had a car before I met my fiancé, I’d want to keep it after the engagement blew up too... why should she get it?? It’s such an old car, it’s probably got a slew of mechanical issues and outdated electrical. I bought a 2003 Audi in 2013 and it was the worst mistake of my life. Got rid of it so fast and now we have American cars ONLY (two Teslas and one Honda Accord that I use as my “not afraid to drive behind a dump truck” car). Love that my 5 yr old Accord is manufactured in Ohio (Go BUCKS), and my Teslas are both Made in Cali. Makes potential servicing much less of a headache.

Rick and Elle only care about labels and not about convenience or functionality.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
No, she did get a full unrestricted drivers license when she lived in Vancouver, maybe in spring 2019? Ginette and Elle went out to lunch at the Vancouver Club to celebrate.
You're right about the Canadian license. I was referring to her US permit. 🙂

It’s his car.

He’s bragging about it in this video, along with a “certified Swiss chronometer wristwatch”, a “hand-knit Italian tie”, and a “Brooks Brothers vest, heh”, as well as name-dropping “Fe-LAAAA-LEE”, “Macclesfield British TAAH”.
🤣 I about spit out my drink!! "Brooks Brothers vest, heh". Those two really were a match made in...swampland.

• Haha
Lmao someone suggested to Rick that he do a video on relationships and he did....except that he drones on about international law 😂

• Haha
He makes me break out in hives at the slightest head bob. If he’s reading here, please don’t get the wrong idea. So much of someone’s attractiveness is not their attributes but what they do with them. Someone who has a pleasant inside will shine through to their outside, and if that was Rick, he wouldn’t be nearly as petrifying as he is. But the head bobs, the facial expressions, the smugness, etc. all of this culminates in the personality of someone so greasy that it actually slips through the pores of his skin and leaves me feeling uncomfortable watching him. It’s not that you’re ugly, Rick. It’s that your inside is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
You're right about the Canadian license. I was referring to her US permit. 🙂
Gotcha! But I don't think she'd be on a learner's permit in Florida. In my experience, you just show the DMV you have a license from another country and they issue you a local one.

That said, Elle was barely in Florida long enough to even get her mailing address changed so I doubt she would have bothered to get a Florida license.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Right, so I guess no car for her as it would take away from her cashmere budget and why drive when you can have your mom, friends, and boyfriends drive you everywhere.

Reactions: 6
Elle's default impulse in life is to be cared for by others. If you believe she's a crappy person, its not too much of a stretch to believe that she has that impulse because she thinks she's a beautiful princess and people owe it to her to care of her.

The one place in modern life where that can't apply is behind the wheel of a car. You're on your own there honey. The only person keeping Elle alive in that car would be Elle. I definitely see why that wouldn't appeal to her.

For the things Elle does (shop, eat, drink) in the pace she lives (moderate but doable walk to downtown with busses as an option as well) A car would just be an expensive inconvenience. I wouldn't want to be a new driver in Seattle either, holy crap the way the logging trucks and tricked out Subarus drive . . . . I don't think the no car thing is weird at all.

If, however she actually loved hiking like she claims, she'd definitely have a car. There are so many amazing hikes in that part of the country but you gotta have a car to do any of them, and someone without a day job is certainly not going to want to have to wait until their friend can drive them there on weekends.

Last edited:
Elle's default impulse in life is to be cared for by others. If you believe she's a crappy person, its not too much of a stretch to believe that she has that impulse because she thinks she's a beautiful princess and people owe it to her to care of her.

The one place in modern life where that can't apply is behind the wheel of a car. You're on your own there honey. The only person keeping Elle alive in that car would be Elle. I definitely see why that wouldn't appeal to her.

For the things Elle does (shop, eat, drink) in the pace she lives (moderate but doable walk to downtown with busses as an option as well) A car would just be an expensive inconvenience. I wouldn't want to be a new driver in Seattle either, holy crap the way the logging trucks and tricked out Subarus drive . . . . I don't think the no car thing is weird at all.

If, however she actually loved hiking like she claims, she'd definitely have a car. There are so many amazing hikes in that part of the country but you gotta have a car to do any of them, and someone without a day job is certainly not going to want to have to wait until their friend can drive them there on weekends.
I get what you’re saying but she’s in for a rude awakening if she ever has children and needs to take them places. Does she naturally expect her husband or her mother to pick up the kids from school and take them to sports/ballet practice? What about pediatrician appointments? Is Elle planning to Uber herself and the kidlets to the grocery store and back if her husband is working long hours? She’s so childishly stupid I doubt these scenarios ever crossed her mind. 🙄

Not only that but we are still in the middle of a pandemic and being in a bus or rideshare is really the last thing I want to do right now. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, though. But I doubt Elle is raring to go on the bus for mini excursions in the city.

I have been to Seattle and it’s really no different than driving in major cities around the US...it’s actually a lot easier than driving around heavily populated cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco (and yes, I’ve driven around these places). People there are much more aggressive but they’re not going to try to run you off the road. Anyway, you get used to being behind the wheel. Her whole fear of driving is so strange and an outdated way of thinking. Like I said, I hate driving too but I’m not afraid of it. She’s so ridiculous.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.