Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She posted a coat collection video before she moved to Florida and showed:
- reversible shearling coat
- Mackage wool coat (another brand seen on the Duchess of Cambridge/Sussex)
- Burberry trench
- Burberry Brit trench
- Aquascutum trench
- wool coat with leather sleeves
- reversible wool coat
- Brooks Brothers wool coat
- Ted Baker wool coat
- DvF wool coat
- Sentaler coat in a tan colour
- Sentaler coat in grey
- Sentaler coat in black
Nothing wrong with luxury purchases if your needs are taken care of first and you have the cash left over.

Add it all up. Take two good coats off the list to keep and then total up the cost of the rest.

Enough for a year of therapy with a really good therapist. If she had made that purchase instead of more coats than a restaurant coat check, Rick may never have happened.

Reactions: 14
I don’t have an issue with any of those items either, to be honest. My Neverfull is so good for everything from the gym to a carry-on for travels and I’ve never felt like my Chanel medium flaps are heavy. I’m not a fan of the Ferragamos because I don’t like the style but I agree there’s nothing inherently wrong with the shoe.

Elle doesn’t have the monopoly on these items - they are honestly some of the most common luxury items for the mentioned brands and you can like them without liking Smelley or her style.

That being said, if someone else thinks it’s idiotic to spend that much on these items or they find them ugly...I would also understand that. Different priorities and budgets and no one is in the wrong. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Also it's very funny that Elle herself is not really a luxury YouTuber.

Now among the luxury community, hoarding for the sake of hoarding is really not current. The luxury community has shifted the focus to have a more curated collection, have a purpose for each item and acquire trendy items mindfully. These are the luxury topics that are getting views.

Chase Amie and her alikes are exceptions but I think that makes sense because their channel positioning is YSL encyclopedia.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Nothing wrong with luxury purchases if your needs are taken care of first and you have the cash left over.

Add it all up. Take two good coats off the list to keep and then total up the cost of the rest.

Enough for a year of therapy with a really good therapist. If she had made that purchase instead of more coats than a restaurant coat check, Rick may never have happened.
Smelley’s issue definitely isn’t not being able to afford therapy. I don’t think she sees that she has a problem. 🤣

Also it's very funny that Elle herself is not really a luxury YouTuber.

Now among the luxury community, hoarding for the sake of hoarding is really not current. The luxury community has shifted the focus to have a more curated collection, have a purpose for each item and acquire trendy items mindfully. These are the luxury topics that are getting views.

Chase Amie and her alikes are exceptions but I think that makes sense because their channel positioning is YSL encyclopedia.
Amie and Elle both joined youtube around a time when youtubers would make "My luxury bag collection: 100 styles from Chanel, Hermes, Gucci and more!" videos but as you said, that's no longer the case for most luxury youtubers. Minimalism is in and no one really admires hoarders these days.

Amie's channel has managed to have more longevity because she curates her collection quite aggressively (she often sells her used stuff to her subscribers) and luckily for her, the bulk of her collection are her classic Chanel flaps in neutral colors so they'll never really go out of fashion. Amie also picks up a lot of items from the boutique and that ensures her collection stays fresh and current, even if the styles are boring. Eleanor Florence on the other hand, buys non-classic styles in garish materials and designs, and she'll do it years after they've come out to get a good discount from a consignment site. No one whose actually into fashion will take her bag recommendations given how outdated it is unless they just happen to really like a style.

I agree that Elle isn't really a luxury youtuber - they buy a lot of good and current items from the major fashion houses and don't hoard ugly Chanel because "it's Chanel!" and they actually have a style. Elle's more of a hoarder with some budget and just collects things. The majority of her hauls are from Nordstrom's in-house brands, which is closer to Zara/H&M/fast fashion than luxury. She pivoted heavily to the lifestyle category ever since she moved in with Chris, and was at her peak with Joe. Too bad she was a liar and people called her out but that's what happens when you're effectively a lifestyle youtuber and misrepresent your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Yeah that's sort of the essence of Elle. She's a lifestyle youtuber whose life turned into a complete disaster while she tries to pretend nothing is wrong. That's why she's such great entertainment and why threads like this exist.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t have an issue with any of those items either, to be honest. My Neverfull is so good for everything from the gym to a carry-on for travels and I’ve never felt like my Chanel medium flaps are heavy. I’m not a fan of the Ferragamos because I don’t like the style but I agree there’s nothing inherently wrong with the shoe.

Elle doesn’t have the monopoly on these items - they are honestly some of the most common luxury items for the mentioned brands and you can like them without liking Smelley or her style.

That being said, if someone else thinks it’s idiotic to spend that much on these items or they find them ugly...I would also understand that. Different priorities and budgets and no one is in the wrong. There’s definitely nothing wrong with purchasing luxury though if you have the means.🤷🏼‍♀️
I agree. It's also good to not mistake luxury branding with good quality. The same brand can have items that are more fast fashion and others that are designed and made to last for years. Some brands even have different stock for their outlet shops that aren't as well made (different fabric or pieces are cut to save fabric, less couture detailing to save labour costs, more affordable hardware, etc.). And even if something is well made, it's not automatically a good idea for everyone. I get the impression that Elle thinks all items from certain brands are well made and great investments.

Reactions: 10
I agree. It's also good to not mistake luxury branding with good quality. The same brand can have items that are more fast fashion and others that are designed and made to last for years. Some brands even have different stock for their outlet shops that aren't as well made (different fabric or pieces are cut to save fabric, less couture detailing to save labour costs, more affordable hardware, etc.). And even if something is well made, it's not automatically a good idea for everyone. I get the impression that Elle thinks all items from certain brands are well made and great investments.
Definitely! The seasonal Chanel stuff that Elle owns is more fast fashion (can’t comment on the quality given I don’t own any of those styles) and there’s a reason it’s priced below the classic medium flap even new and has a much lower re-sell value.

I like the way the Sentaler coats look on Kate Middleton but after trying it on in stores, I found the fabric really heavy and scratchy, and not to mention it was humongous and boxy on me in even the smallest size and I opted out as a result. It doesn’t mean it is a bad jacket and may look much better on someone else (it certainly did on Kate). But you can just tell that Elle bought multiples because it’s Sentaler and both Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle wore the brand at some point, and she never thought about how to style it and whether it was a good fit for her wardrobe.

Reactions: 9
Ladies and possible gentlemen, due to The Rona I’ve become much less concerned with Elle and more focused on my daily life, so this thread got away from me for a little while, but it is sure good to be back with y’all reading the updates and thorough roasting of Elle’s regularly scheduled bullshit. After reading through about four threads over the past couple of weeks, all I can say is let’s keep it coming babes. ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
There is nothing wrong with buying luxury with one's own money. Can we focus on Elle and not be so opinionated about luxury?

I personally think Chanel bags are gorgeous and comfortable to wear (I own two for many many years, and can probably get most of the money back if I decide to sell them one day). Ferragamo flats are great for formal work events when you don't have to walk around so much and still like to look nice. Never full is also very practical for a lot of people's life style.

Elle is the problem, not these popular items that a lot of people actually find useful. The luxury community is not all idiots.
If we can be opinionated about mental health, values, gender roles, parenting styles, dating styles, relationships, looks, and income, we can certainly be opinionated about luxury. As with everything else, opinions on luxury items should be taken with the disclaimer that these opinions are solely directed at Elle...

Also, not everyone likes the same things. If someone doesn't like a brand that you do, who cares. There are tons of things that others hate that I love and it doesn't affect me. Perhaps we should also get thicker skins when it comes to people dissing our favourites... 😋

Who needs this much formal outerwear? This isn't even the extent of it, but what is easy to find. I can't get over someone having multiple things in the same cut and colour, it just seems so wasteful.
Until you put those images up, I didn't realize how terrible those coats look on Elle. All of them drown her out. Some of them look like robes and others look like sacks. I thought the whole point of coats is to give you a structured silhouette...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
If we can be opinionated about mental health, values, gender roles, parenting styles, dating styles, relationships, looks, and income, we can certainly be opinionated about luxury. As with everything else, opinions on luxury items should be taken with the disclaimer that these opinions are solely directed at Elle...

Also, not everyone likes the same things. If someone doesn't like a brand that you do, who cares. There are tons of things that others hate that I love and it doesn't affect me. Perhaps we should also get thicker skins when it comes to people dissing our favourites... 😋

Until you put those images up, I didn't realize how terrible those coats look on Elle. All of them drown her out. Some of them look like robes and others look like sacks. I thought the whole point of coats is to give you a structured silhouette...
Elle is so funny...her clothes are so small that she needs to stuff herself in and they fit like sausage casings but she adopts the opposite approach to coats and they fit like a trash bag. 🤣

She’s on the shorter, curvier side and needs to find coats that fit her proportions or get things tailored. Both Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle are on the taller end and slimmer so of course what fits them well won’t necessarily fit Elle. She has zero fashion sense.

• Haha
The Gurugossip thread got really heated when people said this. I agree, though. She definitely would benefit from a professional who can help her figure out what she is doing. Maybe a life coach? She hasn't worked in over a year, moved across the country, got dumped prior to getting married and has been dealing with lockdown in a new city where she only knows a few people. It's tough for all of us, but I can't imagine dealing with all that!

The shopping too much and lying about herself (eg, lying about her job, education, heritage) are deep seated though. Once you get into that, it can be hard to get yourself out. With the chaos happening right now I definitely find myself browsing too much online and in stores as a way to soothe.

But Elle is at a point where the shopping has legitimately gone off the rails - imagine all the savings she would have if she shopped less! Her two Sentaler coats, after tax, are $2000 USD!!! Imagine buying a Banana Republic wool coat ($300) and then saving the rest for your investing portfolio - best of both worlds! But she just had to have those... not totally sure why. What 30 year-old actually must have the specific coat Kate and Meghan wore? Such immature behaviour.
I think it's deeper than that, age seems to have r real deep seated issues

Reactions: 3
I'm actually really surprised that she has allowed this comment to stay up! Also, what the hell is that coat with the fleur-de -lis brooch on the lapel? Complete granny styling!

• Haha
She is STILL very much into what the Royals wear. In her budget bag video, she pulled out this one and said she got it after Meghan Markel wore one.
So Juvenile, The Daily Connoisseur is the same obsessed with all the Royals wear.
Queue Smelle getting the Thursday boots

Also curious why lily Silk has never reached out to work with her, they would literally work with any YouTuber.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm actually really surprised that she has allowed this comment to stay up! Also, what the hell is that coat with the fleur-de -lis brooch on the lapel? Complete granny styling!

Wow that comment has a lot of likes!!!!!

I really hope she wears that coat in Seattle this winter 🤭

• Haha
I'm assuming she was inspired by this particular piece (which honestly, is probably one of Blair's not so good looks...):

1602796593610.png

At least Blair still has a waist and the coat isn't insanely long...Elle's version looks like something she picked out of her grandmother's closet and clearly doesn't fit properly. :ROFLMAO:

1602796627318.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She must not have seen that comment. They were crafty to make most of it allow Elle to feel like she's the victim of the whole engagement M'Elletdown, but she gets her jab in at the end with Elle's 'future choices'

Spoiler alert: She made bad future choices, but none AS bad as getting engaged in 3 months . . . so progress?

The only reason Elle hasn't moved in with a guy in WA is because she hasn't found anyone willing. She would absolutely have another rushed engagement because she never learns from her mistakes.
I think it's telling that she had no trouble putting out content when she was staying in the luxury apartment but now that she's in her own, less impressive place, she struggles to make videos. The YT channel is one of the few things she has left in her life and she can barely be bothered to put in any effort.
She has created a life built around lying and bragging. And now that she has nothing to brag about, she basically has no one but her mother. It's sad. There are so many things she could do to improve herself but she doesn't seem willing.
I wonder if she'll film a video when her mom is there. That brat used to start clips announcing that they were in the Jag. Behavior like that is partially why she's alone. Bragging about an old car that belongs to someone else!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.