Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another negative article about the university in England that Elle attended (Durham). It's known to be full of snobs and many Oxbridge (Oxford/Cambridge) rejects. Not a surprise that Smelle went there (and I'd still bet money that she only went because she was an Oxbridge reject).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Another negative article about the university in England that Elle attended (Durham). It's known to be full of snobs and many Oxbridge (Oxford/Cambridge) rejects. Not a surprise that Smelle went there (and I'd still bet money that she only went because she was an Oxbridge reject).
As much of an obnoxious brat Elle is, I don’t know why she chose to go to that school. She complained about being bullied in high school...wouldn’t going somewhere like Durham been worse for her already low self esteem?

As much of an obnoxious brat Elle is, I don’t know why she chose to go to that school. She complained about being bullied in high school...wouldn’t going somewhere like Durham been worse for her already low self esteem?
I don't think she would have known about the terrible culture at the time. Didn't she graduate university around 2010 or so? 10 years made a big difference in how bullying, racism etc. are portrayed and reported in the media.

Also, I guess being white, from a family that's financially comfortable etc. helped her avoid being the target of bullying. I bet she wasn't a popular student and probably people snarked at her Legally Blonde inspirations, messy teeth, I_am_so_exotic_I_have_belgian_waffles_running_in_my_veins attitude, but I think she probably had an equally ditzy friend or two who she could shop at Primark with and apply pink glossy lipgloss 😂

I agree she must have applied to Oxbridge but they saw her application on a sheet of paper covered in cat hair and sent it straight to shredder :p

That look you have when your mother's birthday means two luxury bags for you and an extra skillet of fries! She also called this her pumpkin spice sweater... ugh, she takes basic to a whole new level.
So she's supposedly a beauty youtuber but forgot to tell her mother to send the pearlescent eyeshadow where it belongs i.e. in 1995? Don't get me started on the even darker than usual sperm eyebrows...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
why does she need a briefcase?? seriously she is so out of touch.
some of the comments are so deluded

Did anyone look at the price of the jumper she is wearing? ludicrous
How much is it? Did she link it in the downbar to profit from it?

That look you have when your mother's birthday means two luxury bags for you and an extra skillet of fries! She also called this her pumpkin spice sweater... ugh, she takes basic to a whole new level.
Title idea: Elle Florence: An extra skillet of fries and a bucket of lies!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think she chose Durham because it's the closest thing to Oxbridge as far as universities in the UK go – it has a long history, lots of old buildings, a college system (fairly unusual in the UK) and is prestigious in its own right (although not as prestigious as Oxbridge, obviously). She has no other connections to the north of England that I'm aware of and it's not an obvious choice for her in any other way than her having failed at getting what she wanted and so settling for the next best thing. Sort of set the pattern for the rest of her adult life really!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think she chose Durham because it's the closest thing to Oxbridge as far as universities in the UK go – it has a long history, lots of old buildings, a college system (fairly unusual in the UK) and is prestigious in its own right (although not as prestigious as Oxbridge, obviously). She has no other connections to the north of England that I'm aware of and it's not an obvious choice for her in any other way than her having failed at getting what she wanted and so settling for the next best thing. Sort of set the pattern for the rest of her adult life really!
Eleanor Florence seems weirdly disadvantaged for someone who grew up with so much privilege (much of that due to her own behaviour). She honestly just seems like she doesn’t have her life together and not much going for her at all, and it continues to get worse as the years roll on.

Elle seems to have the sort of personality where she doesn’t get along with people and doesn’t seem to have any long term friends. She is completely out of touch and borderline annoying at times, and malicious and unpleasant during others (I can write an entire short story about how she treats people like the Uber eats driver, her exes, even Ginette).

Elle doesn’t need money, but she lies continuously to scam her viewers and even lied to the Daily Hive. She doesn’t need to misrepresent a lot of stuff like her dress size or her profession, but does anyways. She’s probably the single YouTuber on GG and Tattle with so few subscribers and views, and yet so many threads because she rubs so many people the wrong way.

And for all her claims about being a fashion and makeup guru, she only got noticeably better looking after plastic surgery/Botox/fillers and even now, when she doesn’t have a kilo of cake up on, she looks very plain and just average. Even with all the money she's put into her appearance, her cross eye and awful teeth are still super evident. Her fashion taste is awful and she’s more of a hoarder than anything else.

Her disastrous relationships, passive aggressive responses to any viewers who ask her something she doesn’t like, combined with her super thin skin and everything above, makes her seem quite pathetic. She just seems like a delusional 30 something who is unlikely to ever get her tit together.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
First of all, there is no way that anyone asked for this video, since people aren't commuting right now and even if they were, no one carries a brief case. I also don't understand why she seems to think this is what you get to protect your laptop. Briefcases are for documents --as in, a lawyer needing to carry some client documents 🤔. You need a bag that is padded for your laptop to protect it. The way she squeezed her computer into that one bag, she will surely damage it. Also it really isn't sav
vy to be just carrying her laptop around by action handle--she could easily be robbed. Something with a strap/straps would be much safer.
The briefcase video cannot be more out of touch. I can’t believe she actually bought them, film the video, and posted it on YouTube during a global pandemic while she herself is unemployed and everyone else is working from home.🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Right. I have a $50 laptop bag from Target and it works great. Has a padded sleeve for the laptop, compartments for documents, a bunch of holders for phone, cords/chargers, other accessories, pens, etc. Very convenient.

First of all, there is no way that anyone asked for this video, since people aren't commuting right now and even if they were, no one carries a brief case. I also don't understand why she seems to think this is what you get to protect your laptop. Briefcases are for documents --as in, a lawyer needing to carry some client documents 🤔. You need a bag that is padded for your laptop to protect it. The way she squeezed her computer into that one bag, she will surely damage it. Also it really isn't sav
vy to be just carrying her laptop around by action handle--she could easily be robbed. Something with a strap/straps would be much safer.
She seems to have no idea how to dress as a professional! she’s stuck in that junior associate mentality post university where you buy items you think “adults” wear 🤣 I Guess a Hallmark movie wardrobe where the main lead plays a professional is where she gets her inspiration from

I see that Joe really didn’t make an effort with the tennis bracelet. Not only did she have to drag him to a random jeweler to get the clasp fixed, i see now from the video that the size is completely off. Reputable jewelers will definitely resize the bracelet for you and you can repurpose the extra diamonds as a pendant. Even if you buy online, you usually can pick a length that suits your wrist size.

Elle must have forced him to get her a bracelet and he just bought whatever came up on Google and was affordable

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I just bought a tennis bracelet made of zirconia for 70 bucks for fun and the quality of it is amazing and there’s no issue with clasp or anything whatsoever. It seems unfathomable to me that a diamond one would have issue like this. Clasp closure seems pretty critical for a bracelet to me, especially an expense diamond one.

For most people ending up alone in a city unable to find a job or make friends after being dumped four times in a row would be a Oh my god, my life is tit. I need to change myself in order to change my life realization. Not Elle. She has not grown or challenged herself at all.
I used to view her as spoiled but harmless. At this point I see something much worse. It's obvious she doesn't have a job. It would be understandable if she never mentioned work to save herself the embarrassment. But continuing to talk about working from home, needing a bag for her laptop, work outfits, etc?! It's nuts! Pretending to like hiking in the hopes that it will attract a man is also nuts. She hasn't learned by now that men can quickly figure out that she's not outdoorsy?
She should just give it up and move in with her mom. She's not getting married.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe her DiAmOnD bracelet is 0.001 ct🤷🏻‍♀️
It probably is... I have never seen it sparkle, the diamonds were tiny, dull, probably full of inclusions. I agree with the poster who said Joe probably googled 'diamond tennis bracelet' and bought the cheapest one from a random website.
Isn't it ironic that our girlboss, who confidently sells jewelry made of poor quality pearl rejects, ended up receiving a poor quality bracelet? 😂 Serves her just right

Right. I have a $50 laptop bag from Target and it works great. Has a padded sleeve for the laptop, compartments for documents, a bunch of holders for phone, cords/chargers, other accessories, pens, etc. Very convenient.
I use a Dell backpack that my company gave every employee when we switched from desktop computers to laptops some years ago. It's dark gray and pretty minimalist, no insane amount of pockets, logos, zippers. Sure, it's not FASHIONABLE but it's practical and I'm taking it to work, not a Vancouver Club ball! 🙄 Smelle is so anal about looking 'professional' but i think prancing around with a BRIEFCASE, a designer purse in a hideous style, and a Longchamp tote for her lunch and stinky gym wear, makes her look more ridiculous than professional.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Someone said the bracelet is from Peoples and they have legit stuff. From a few hundred to a few grand. I don't think he cheaped out too much.

Thing is, Peoples is like a Jewelry supermarket. Its where a guy who has no idea where to go would go because its the jewelry store he knows exists. Elle definitely wanted it to come from some braggable exclusive boutique with a french name she could mangle in her 10 part video series on it.

It would be like if Joe was really into high end stereos and Elle got him speakers from Best Buy. Sure, Best Buy has some really nice speakers, but someone really into the hobby won't be as excited about their goods. They say you shouldn't buy someone a gift that relates to their hobby because you're never going to get the nuances and details just right, but what choice did Joe have? Elle's only hobby is spending money. Anything on the planet he could buy falls under that category.

All that said, its REALLY telling that she still wears it. She's still sorting out that day she came home to the suitcases in the hall.

Reactions: 16
I know we’ve discussed this before but I tried to find a similar bracelet on Peoples and I am 99.9 percent positive hers isn’t even one of the “nicer” ones just due to the clasp. It was a lobster clasp vs the traditional box clasp. The “nicest” quality lobster clasp bracelet I found was made of 10k gold, which no offense isn’t even considered fine jewelry. Meaning he couldn’t even bother to get her one that was nice. He literally got her costume jewelry.

Now, I know we shouldn’t get caught up with costs when it comes to gifts and it’s the thought that counts, but Elle was his LIVE IN girlfriend and he could easily afford a lower end but nice 14k tennis bracelet. Instead he just went the cheapest route possible so he could shut her up...didn’t work, though, because she made him go to the jeweler to get the clasp replaced. 🤣🤣

It’s so dumb she still wears that thing, esp since it’s a gift that he clearly couldn’t have bothered with. That’s humiliating. I would’ve pawned that off and buy a Swarovski CZ one or something like this from Ring Concierge:

At least it would be yours and not some thoughtless gift someone gave you. Then again, Elle is a thoughtless gift giver so...karma??? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I know we’ve discussed this before but I tried to find a similar bracelet on Peoples and I am 99.9 percent positive hers isn’t even one of the “nicer” ones just due to the clasp. It was a lobster clasp vs the traditional box clasp. The “nicest” quality lobster clasp bracelet I found was made of 10k gold, which no offense isn’t even considered fine jewelry. Meaning he couldn’t even bother to get her one that was nice. He literally got her costume jewelry.

Now, I know we shouldn’t get caught up with costs when it comes to gifts and it’s the thought that counts, but Elle was his LIVE IN girlfriend and he could easily afford a lower end but nice 14k tennis bracelet. Instead he just went the cheapest route possible so he could shut her up...didn’t work, though, because she made him go to the jeweler to get the clasp replaced. 🤣🤣

It’s so dumb she still wears that thing, esp since it’s a gift that he clearly couldn’t have bothered with. That’s humiliating. I would’ve pawned that off and buy a Swarovski CZ one or something like this from Ring Concierge:

At least it would be yours and not some thoughtless gift someone gave you. Then again, Elle is a thoughtless gift giver so...karma??? 🤷‍♀️
Wow, if he really did just spend a few hundred on an Elleniversary bracelet, he was playing with fire. Sure, if it was a woman who was in love with him who he loved it wouldn't matter, and for a lot of people dropping a few hundred bucks is something you plan for, but this is Princess Elle. I guess I am just assuming he had enough natural fear incurring the wrath of a high maintenance girlfriend in his system that he would consider 4 figures a minimum.

In Elleland, a few hundred bucks is a pair of shoes with a stupid cat face on them on a Tuesday lunch break, not a milestone 'heirloom piece.' Rick was smart. He knew for all of Elle's pretense, she's still going to stick around if you cheap out on a major jewelry gift because she's so scared of having to start back at 0 with a new guy.

Also notable that Elle expects the 1 year anniversary of the first date to be a major milestone event. Probably because she doesn't get that far very often.

• Haha
Wow, if he really did just spend a few hundred on an Elleniversary bracelet, he was playing with fire. Sure, if it was a woman who was in love with him who he loved it wouldn't matter, and for a lot of people dropping a few hundred bucks is something you plan for, but this is Princess Elle. I guess I am just assuming he had enough natural fear incurring the wrath of a high maintenance girlfriend in his system that he would consider 4 figures a minimum.

In Elleland, a few hundred bucks is a pair of shoes with a stupid cat face on them on a Tuesday lunch break, not a milestone 'heirloom piece.' Rick was smart. He knew for all of Elle's pretense, she's still going to stick around if you cheap out on a major jewelry gift because she's so scared of having to start back at 0 with a new guy.

Also notable that Elle expects the 1 year anniversary of the first date to be a major milestone event. Probably because she doesn't get that far very often.
I believe the tennis bracelet was a Christmas present, not a milestone present. Even then, I remember people hoping that he would gift her an engagement ring; I’m sure she was hoping too.

It’s sad she still wears that bracelet as if it were an expensive/sentimental piece but it’s not. I wear costume jewelry myself but even I couldn’t wear that. It is just a painful reminder that my ex was being cheap and left me several months later.

Reactions: 15
I believe the tennis bracelet was a Christmas present, not a milestone present. Even then, I remember people hoping that he would gift her an engagement ring; I’m sure she was hoping too.

It’s sad she still wears that bracelet as if it were an expensive/sentimental piece but it’s not. I wear costume jewelry myself but even I couldn’t wear that. It is just a painful reminder that my ex was being cheap and left me several months later.
yeah I think you're right, the whole clasp debacle was covered in a vlogmas so that matches an xmas/birthday timeline.

The whole thing is nuts. I think in a lot of corners of Elle's mind she's still strolling through Pacific Centre on her lunch break from work contemplating where Joe is going to take her for dinner that night if he can get an hour away from his job making money for her to blow through. I think those parts of her brain let out a nice sigh of contentment every time she puts on the bracelet.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

The diamonds on that bracelet don't have any luster and seem really small and milky, which are all signs of lower quality diamonds. Nothing wrong with that but I doubt a People's bracelet in what looks like sterling silver (People's has a lot of those with smaller diamonds in a lower price range) is what princess Smelley hoped for. She 100% would've wanted something in platinum from Tiffany's or Cartier but I think Joe was already having doubts then, and that bracelet was just a combined birthday/Christmas gift to appease Eleanor Florence while he evaluated his options. Didn't he dump her shortly after the new year with everything packed and informed the landlord before her? Clearly he had been planning his exit for a while and pulled out as soon as their lease was up.

I wonder if she wears it constantly because it's a reminder of what appears to be the pinnacle of her life so far (which sounds really sad, but we all know how much she cares about having a man) - she had a easy 9-to-5 job that she could pretend was in law, a successful boyfriend who was generous and willing to pitch in for the majority of their shared expenses, more viewers and subscriber engagement (and therefore sales of her shoddy wares) than she ever had, and lots of extra money to spend on her shopping addiction. That apartment they shared was also the nicest one Elle has ever lived in since she graduated undergrad by a large margin and she was paying for someone to wash her hair while a housekeeper came in regularly to clean their place. In short, Joe gave Elle a taste of a lifestyle she would've never had access to otherwise and she had a man on her arms that she could bring to the Vancouver Club and show off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The diamonds on that bracelet don't have any luster and seem really small and milky, which are all signs of lower quality diamonds. Nothing wrong with that but I doubt a People's bracelet in what looks like sterling silver (People's has a lot of those with smaller diamonds in a lower price range) is what princess Smelley hoped for. She 100% would've wanted something in platinum from Tiffany's or Cartier but I think Joe was already having doubts then, and that bracelet was just a combined birthday/Christmas gift to appease Eleanor Florence while he evaluated his options. Didn't he dump her shortly after the new year with everything packed and informed the landlord before her? Clearly he had been planning his exit for a while and pulled out as soon as their lease was up.
I have a feeling it was sterling silver myself but I was trying to be nice and assume he spent a little more on a 10k white gold one. 😂 And yep, he did leave her less than 6 months later...wasn’t it April he packed his bags?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread he didn’t even get the bracelet sized properly. You would think that Elle—with her “extensive” knowledge of gemstones and jewelry—would know the difference between fine vs costume jewelry AND understand how to get jewelry properly sized/fitted. 🙄😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.