Eleanor Florence Lecocq #10 Cummings and Goings of the Super Leg-Spreader of Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the info. So why doesn't the above qualify? There are two ways that she should be qualified (not that I think she is trying to ever be an attorney at this point).
The only two options under which someone like Smelle with a foreign law degree would qualify are these two:

“graduated from a university or law school outside of the U.S. with a degree in law that qualifies the applicant to practice law in that jurisdiction and earned an LLM degree that meets the requirements of Washington Supreme Court APR 3 from an ABA-approved law school; or been admitted to the practice of law in any jurisdiction where the common law of England is the basis of its jurisprudence and has legal experience for at least three of the five years immediately preceding the filing of the application.”

Eleanor Lecocq does not have 3 years of legal experience in the past five years and she got a LLM at the University of Toronto, which is not an ABA approved school.

Her LLM isn't from an ABA-approved law school and Elle has zero work experience in law as an attorney.
Just saw your post. Great minds think alike. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I found this page and I am not sure I understand it correctly as it mentions her school but as a summer program. That seems so odd to not set herself up to practice in all of the North American continent while she was in school. I guess she would have to get an LLM in WA or another state to try to sit the bar.

So there is no way in hell she can claim to be a lawyer in the States. She had a lot more wiggle room in Canada, but not the States.

Reactions: 7
I found this page and I am not sure I understand it correctly as it mentions her school but as a summer program. That seems so odd to not set herself up to practice in all of the North American continent while she was in school. I guess she would have to get an LLM in WA or another state to try to sit the bar.

So there is no way in hell she can claim to be a lawyer in the States. She had a lot more wiggle room in Canada, but not the States.

I’m sorry if this comes off as rude but this scammer is not gonna get an ABA credited LLM/JD or take the bar so this debate is honestly moot. She’s never gonna be a practicing lawyer and the only reason she’s even in the states is because she’s insane and trying to work her way through all the eligible men within a reasonable age range in Seattle after failing in the UK and Canada. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m sorry if this comes off as rude but this scammer is not gonna get an ABA credited LLM/JD or take the bar so this debate is honestly moot. She’s never gonna be a practicing lawyer and the only reason she’s even in the states is because she’s insane and trying to work her way through all the eligible men within a reasonable age range in Seattle after failing in the UK and Canada. 😆
So all of this confirms this woman is unemployed and with no prospects of turning that around soon, yet she just bought an Alfa Romeo and then proceeded to buy two (or is that three?) pairs of insanely overpriced leggings. On top of that, she seems to have abandoned her business? She hasn’t posted anything new and her website is out of date. She really must be on the manhunt. At this point, that is her only hope. And that would also explain why she pairs stilettos with leggings 🤢. It couldn’t be more obvious than that!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Right that summer program through OSU is only for elective credit for those enrolled in a JD program. It is really expensive for just the summer some people in my professional program were married to kids in the law school and that's how I was aware of it. Instead of taking an elective during normal term time you use it as an excuse to study abroad. There is no way she could count that towards taking the bar in the US especially as it was just focused on Common Law . Elle is lacking in US law knowledge, so despite doing a summer program through a US law school she still won't qualify especially as it was elective credit it isn't a degree program.

Reactions: 7
Saw this on the bakery so I can’t take credit but apparently that online course Elle used to teach at Simon Fraser is now taught by someone else. So much for being a “professor.” 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Did anyone share all of those deleted videos of smell recently?? I would love to revisit her life before all things went down hill. :)

Reactions: 3
Saw this on the bakery so I can’t take credit but apparently that online course Elle used to teach at Simon Fraser is now taught by someone else. So much for being a “professor.” 😬
Maybe she’s successfully received her MRS degree

• Haha
Moot point? Well if she is holding herself out as an attorney on that attorney for rent website and she has no legal way of providing legal advice then that is fraud and it could be a felony. The plot thickens.

• Haha
Moot point? Well if she is holding herself out as an attorney on that attorney for rent website and she has no legal way of providing legal advice then that is fraud and it could be a felony. The plot thickens.
Ohhh I see what you mean now. I was thinking more along the lines of people giving her the benefit of the doubt in regards to her working towards actually practicing as a lawyer.

I doubt her lawyer for rent company knows about the goss and what we know about Eleanor. If she actually told them she’s a qualified lawyer who can practice, then that would definitely be fraud and a potential felony.

Reactions: 11
Ohhh I see what you mean now. I was thinking more along the lines of people giving her the benefit of the doubt in regards to her working towards actually practicing as a lawyer.

I doubt her lawyer for rent company knows about the goss and what we know about Eleanor. If she actually told them she’s a qualified lawyer who can practice, then that would definitely be fraud and a potential felony.
But they know she's not qualified because there's a 'Courts and education' section in each of their lawyer's bio and hers only lists the Canadian bar. I guess to them she can even be called to the bar of Tinky Winky Land and they wouldnt bat an eyelid. As long as she pays her participation fee, it is fine. They have zero interest whether she actually has any clients or not.

• Haha
But they know she's not qualified because there's a 'Courts and education' section in each of their lawyer's bio and hers only lists the Canadian bar. I guess to them she can even be called to the bar of Tinky Winky Land and they wouldnt bat an eyelid. As long as she pays her participation fee, it is fine. They have zero interest whether she actually has any clients or not.
If that’s not a case of pay to list and we don’t give a f about who we put up as long as you pay, then I don’t know what is. I’m guessing Ginette is footing this monthly expense on top of all the other ones. 😆

• Wow
  • Haha
Elle working in the US makes a lot of sense. Instead of people asking for legal advice in Canada, they can take a drive/flight to the US as an excuse for a trip to see their lawyer. Who would want someone with legal experience under their belt when they can work with "fashionable" Elle in her expensive leggings!

#girlbossmoves

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Yep, it was one thing to fudge the truth somewhat while living in Canada, its against the law to outright practice law if you have not passed the bar in the state you advertising in.

Reactions: 8
I'm unfamiliar with foreign law. Would Elle be able to give legal advice about Canadian laws as a "loophole" to work in the States? It is unethical and illegal to provide legal advice within the scope of US laws but I wonder if she can technically give Canada-related counsel?

(My assumption is that it's still illegal but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure)

Reactions: 6
If she is doing something she should not be doing, it should absolutely be made known to the relevant authorities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm unfamiliar with foreign law. Would Elle be able to give legal advice about Canadian laws as a "loophole" to work in the States? It is unethical and illegal to provide legal advice within the scope of US laws but I wonder if she can technically give Canada-related counsel?

(My assumption is that it's still illegal but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure)
Usually it's that you can't engage in the practice of law in the state but I think a lot of states don't get into the nitty gritty as to what that means and it's up to courts to decide. For example, I moved to CA, and I can't really get a clear answer as to whether providing advice from CA (even if it is to my home state and regarding that state's laws) counts as "practicing law in CA". Most of the case law is about the reverse---someone advising people in CA from another state. I can work for in-house in CA, but I think it's unlikely I can work for one of those places that contracts you out to other companies as those postings always seem to be worded to say "must be licensed in the state are located "

If she is doing something she should not be doing, it should absolutely be made known to the relevant authorities.
Usually state bars have websites where you can report misconduct like that.

Reactions: 8
Ironically, Quebec has like 5 ABA approved law schools lol! I wonder why little miss "I'm SO European" didn't go there, although she probably never figured she'd ever move to the States, say yes to a proposal to a guy like Rickles and move to the swamp.
Agree, none of the details of her new job add up. She's never been a practicing attorney, she's not taken or even eligible to take the WA bar how the hell is she able to be listed on that law group website as lawyer?? Just thinking about all of this her decision making skills are really questionable (which we're already aware of). Why would she seek to earn a law degree from a country she isn't going to live in? Why would she do internships (Belgum/HongKong) if she isn't going to be working in or closely with people or companies in those regions? I assume she liked the way these things sounded and probably thought people would be impressed, but what good are they if you can't even get certified to practice law in the country you currently live in. Not that she didn't have tons of time to make up for it while she sat on her ass at MFDC for the better part of a decade lol. Is her Fraud Examiner certification even good in WA??

Reactions: 13
I just saw on the ABA's website that Washington D.C. is one of the few "states" that allows international LLM graduates to sit for the bar. Maybe Elle thought Seattle was in Washington D.C. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just saw on the ABA's website that Washington D.C. is one of the few "states" that allows international LLM graduates to sit for the bar. Maybe Elle thought Seattle was in Washington D.C. 😄
She thought Portland was in Washington, so it makes total sense! 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.