Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I just re-watched that part of the vlog and MAN is she embarrassing to be around! She was definitely acting way tooooo comfortable around Joe’s parents. Too much second hand embarrassment. I’m sure there were lots of hidden smirks, eye rolls and inside jokes from his parents about Elle after that trip. Idk about you guys but even in my most casual state, I don’t act like that around my boyfriend’s parents.

Also, for someone who’s had ortho treatments that presumably cost upwards of a few thousand dollars (care of Ginette), she still has quite the overbite.
I still don’t behave that way with my in laws even after 4 years of being married. I was shocked she would do makeup while taking to them and recording her vlog. No manners and consideration was given throughout the vlog. I don’t think she helped them clean up after dinner or help them cook as well.

Reactions: 10
My parents would give me a stern talking to if I did that at a resort, even if we were staying there (which Elle and Ginette aren’t). They would completely agree with you.

I love that all the Le Smirk photos are of her heavily made up/post surgery face and then you have my avatar of her makeup free and pre-surgery face for contrast. 🤣

I agree. She had some serious work done in that area - jaw surgery (given she had a very receded chin and round face originally) to add a chin and shave off the sides to get a more sculpted look is a major surgery/surgeries and didn’t she have orthodontics work done as well, but still has really messed up teeth? That lip dip just adds to the mess. But covering it up with a constant smirk is just aggravating.
I don’t think lingual braces are as effective with straightening teeth as actual braces but Princess Smelle can’t have braces. 🙄😂 Alternatively she could have done Invisalign but, you know, her European sized teeth don’t fit the standard teeth trays. 😱😂

Her philtrum is definitely weird, same with her lips as a whole. They probably got deformed after the jaw surgeries she’s had. I’m all for plastic surgery if it makes you more confident with your looks but I also know too much of it can make one look cartoonish.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t think lingual braces are as effective with straightening teeth as actual braces but Princess Smelle can’t have braces. 🙄😂 Alternatively she could have done Invisalign but, you know, her European sized teeth don’t fit the standard teeth trays. 😱😂

Her philtrum is definitely weird, same with her lips as a whole. They probably got deformed after the jaw surgeries she’s had. I’m all for plastic surgery if it makes you more confident with your looks but I also know too much of it can make one look cartoonish.
We all know she’s been having what looks like Botox and fillers as well judging by her where’s Waldo under-eye lines, and some people pointed out that her nose looked different. If she can have all those things done, why can’t she fix her teeth and lips since she clearly doesn’t mind plastic surgery? She never seems to do the right things. Her surgeries are as random and unfocused as her “luxury purchases.” That chin was the only major good decision she’s made in that arena.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We all know she’s been having what looks like Botox and fillers as well judging by her where’s Waldo under-eye lines, and some people pointed out that her nose looked different. If she can have all those things done, why can’t she fix her teeth and lips since she clearly doesn’t mind plastic surgery? She never seems to do the right things. Her surgeries are as random and unfocused as her “luxury purchases.” That chin was the only major good decision she’s made in that arena.
I think she must do something with her lips. I don’t know if anyone’s noticed but the way she talks always skeeved me out because she does this “half pucker”/protruding lip whenever she gets excited or wants to emphasize something:

3DE6C868-7870-48DB-9F65-F29AEEF77CF6.jpeg

She does it so much that I think it’s something she can’t help... 🤷‍♀️😂

As far as her manners and social graces are concerned, Joe’s parents definitely talked trash about her after she left. Maybe not to Joe (at the time he was with her) but they probably snickered about Elle with his brothers. Can confirm, my fiancé’s parents are nice, Midwestern folk but I hear a lot of trash about their daughter in law (fiancé’s SIL) via my fiancé. Mostly tacky, rude things that she does that neither she or her husband are aware of. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Manners and character are honestly so much more important to me and a lot of people I know than graduating from a certain school, looking a certain way, or having a certain job. Eleanor Florence seems to think that with her plastic surgery, clown make up, and big pageant hair, she’s free to scam people, treat them in a condescending way, and have no common decency. There is something really disgusting about someone who grew up with some privilege like Elle did, but still being selfish, vapid, and determined to take advantage of others. Strong greedy and narcissist vibes.

Reactions: 17
I totally agree.

Elle is a spoiled brat through and through. The way she responds to airport delays, slams doors in people's faces, holes herself up in tents when at a group outing, gets mountains of packages delivered to her SO's parents' house, does her makeup on their kitchen counter while filming without a care in the world, reserves a chair for an entire day (reserving it for a few hours, I think, is fine), stirs with her finger, lets dogs drink out of public-use dinnerware, etc. She's just an entitled asshole. I am so glad that life is smacking her down. She needs humbling.

Reactions: 17
Does anyone have the link for the breakup, camping and this mount Nordstrom videos? I looked up on her channel and didn't seem to find them.

Reactions: 3
Hello. I am a new member here. I just have a couple of questions about Elle. Does anyone know anything about her father? Is there a video where she talks about him at all? I have only seen Elle with her mother. Also, what does her mother do or what did she do for a living? I am assuming her mother is retired but gosh she must have quite a bit of money to fund her lifestyle plus Elle’s. I do not have an Instagram account so I cannot see what Elle post there. Thank you in advance.
Hi! She explains her life story in ELLE VLOGMAS SPECIAL 2017 (linked in a post on page 30 of this thread).

Her mother works/worked, but I've never seen a video where Elle gives any specifics on what she does/did. She mentioned in that vlogmas video that her mum was working in NYC when she was born, and she's made other casual references (e.g. when she bought her Ferragamo pumps she mentioned her mum wore the same style of shoe to work). My guess is she had a job that allowed her to retire early and/or allows her to relocate relatively easily (she was able to move with a child from NYC to Belgium to Montreal to Victoria and it's also possible she lived in England at one point, though she may have just been visiting). There is no actual evidence of this, but for some reason I keep thinking flight attendant (Elle's mum moved to Belgium to be closer to family when Elle was born and Elle's grandmother emigrated to Canada with them, so perhaps she helped with childcare?? 🤷‍♀️ But as I said, there is no actual evidence.)

Now that I think about it, this could explain how Elle moved to another country, and then again to another state seemingly without worry. She might have thought that if her mother was able to relocate with a small child, surely she as a single person can?

I wonder if she’s been hired recently. Watch her bio change from “Professional by day” to “Certified Fraud Examiner and Professional Fraud by day”....
Could explain the new laptop? And the more sporadic than ever posting schedule. Or maybe she really was/is studying for the bar. Did Washington state postpone the exam? Surely Elle Florence wouldn't qualify for diploma privilege. 😬

Could explain the new laptop? And the more sporadic than ever posting schedule. Or maybe she really was/is studying for the bar. Did Washington state postpone the exam? Surely Elle Florence wouldn't qualify for diploma privilege. 😬
You're right, I don't think Elle would qualify for diploma privilege since she doesn't have a JD from a Washington law school. It looks like Washington did go forward with the summer bar exams though, and the next available exam is Feb. 2021.

Reactions: 7
You're right, I don't think Elle would qualify for diploma privilege since she doesn't have a JD from a Washington law school. It looks like Washington did go forward with the summer bar exams though, and the next available exam is Feb. 2021.
Studying for the bar would have explained why she was too busy to post during the summer, but not anymore. And she skipped Friday's video again. I thought perhaps if Washington postponed the exam she might still have been studying, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Studying for the bar would have explained why she was too busy to post during the summer, but not anymore. And she skipped Friday's video again. I thought perhaps if Washington postponed the exam she might still have been studying, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I know some of you ladies are really kind and still believe that Smelley might try to have an actual law career but honestly, it is highly unlikely given her situation and what we know about her work ethic (lazy) and life goals (relying on a rich guy to upgrade her lifestyle).

She is 32 years old this year and even if she were to take and pass the Washington bar her first try, with her foreign law degree (which isn’t even a JD) and zero years of practice outside of her articling year, no legitimate agency or firm would hire her to be counsel. Why would they hire Elle, who graduated abroad many years ago and never practiced, over a recent US law school grad or someone who recently moved to the US with actual international law experience? She can certainly find another fraud investigator job or take on something that is tangentially related to law but doesn’t require a law license or degree, but she’s unlikely to ever practice as a lawyer. Given this, it doesn’t make sense for her to study for the bar.

Eleanor Florence’s lazy updating schedule, in my opinion, is the result of a lack of motivation given she doesn’t have much to brag about these days and because even her most devoted fans are waking up to reality and questioning her. They are wondering what she is doing in Seattle, why she’s been unemployed for so long but is still trying to sell this young professional image, and her business ethics given people have been commenting on her marking up cheap wholesale items and not offering returns. It’s why she’s been desperately buying bots and subscribers on YT to keep up the charade of having an active channel and policing her social media like Big Brother while deleting anything that relates to her employment situation/shoddy wares/Seattle move.

Does anyone have the link for the breakup, camping and this mount Nordstrom videos? I looked up on her channel and didn't seem to find them.
She’s deleted them - another member shared them through a link at some point but that link has expired for sure. Someone else who has the videos will have to upload them to a file sharing website.

Last edited:
I know some of you ladies are really kind and still believe that Smelley might try to have an actual law career but honestly, it is highly unlikely given her situation and what we know about her work ethic (lazy) and life goals (relying on a rich guy to upgrade her lifestyle).

She is 32 years old this year and even if she were to take and pass the Washington bar her first try, with her foreign law degree (which isn’t even a JD) and zero years of practice outside of her articling year, no legitimate agency or firm would hire her to be counsel. Why would they hire Elle, who graduated abroad many years ago and never practiced, over a recent US law school grad or someone who recently moved to the US with actual international law experience? She can certainly find another fraud investigator job or take on something that is tangentially related to law but doesn’t require a law license or degree, but she’s unlikely to ever practice as a lawyer. Given this, it doesn’t make sense for her to study for the bar.

Eleanor Florence’s lazy updating schedule, in my opinion, is the result of a lack of motivation given she doesn’t have much to brag about these days and because even her most devoted fans are waking up to reality and questioning her. They are wondering what she is doing in Seattle, why she’s been unemployed for so long but is still trying to sell this young professional image, and her business ethics given people have been commenting on her marking up cheap wholesale items and not offering returns. It’s why she’s been desperately buying bots and subscribers on YT to keep up the charade of having an active channel and policing her social media like Big Brother while deleting anything that relates to her employment situation/shoddy wares/Seattle move.

She’s deleted them - another member shared them through a link at some point but that link has expired for sure. Someone else who has the videos will have to upload them to a file sharing website.
I agree with you. It wouldn't make sense for her to take the bar exam, she would have to invest a lot of time, effort and expense (not to mention her degree(s) may not even make her eligible). But I've come to accept that she often does things that I do not understand. And this may be mean, but I would believe her to take the exam out of spite, to prove people wrong, especially since she seems to place so much value on labels (with fashion items, cars, job titles...). Though, as you pointed out, is she willing to work that hard? I just can't understand all the references to her being so busy. Busy with what? Her insistence on hiding things is making me more curious.

I agree with you. It wouldn't make sense for her to take the bar exam, she would have to invest a lot of time, effort and expense (not to mention her degree(s) may not even make her eligible). But I've come to accept that she often does things that I do not understand. And this may be mean, but I would believe her to take the exam out of spite, to prove people wrong, especially since she seems to place so much value on labels (with fashion items, cars, job titles...). Though, as you pointed out, is she willing to work that hard? I just can't understand all the references to her being so busy. Busy with what? Her insistence on hiding things is making me more curious.
She’s definitely using the privacy excuse to dodge logical questions that people have. Eleanor Florence doesn’t want to admit to her fans that peddling her shoddy wares to them and their affiliate link clicks are her only source of income at the moment, hence the “privacy” regarding her career. She also has no man to show off, hence her insistence on privacy concerning her “relationships” even though no one has asked her about that.

As for her insisting she’s busy, I’m guessing it’s mostly man-hunting and moping about her current state of affairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
She’s definitely using the privacy excuse to dodge logical questions that people have. Eleanor Florence doesn’t want to admit to her fans that peddling her shoddy wares to them and their affiliate link clicks are her only source of income at the moment, hence the “privacy” regarding her career. She also has no man to show off, hence her insistence on privacy concerning her “relationships” even though no one has asked her about that.

As for her insisting she’s busy, I’m guessing it’s mostly man-hunting and moping about her current state of affairs.
Lol, I find this to be so HILARIOUS. 😂😂 Yep, no one (at least from my superficial glances on her videos and Instagram) is asking about her relationships. Her fans have good sense not to ask or they just don’t give a crap about her love life. So why even bother telling people you’re trying to keep your dating life private? She just comes off as paranoid to her fans and those who feel neutral.

I honestly would love to see her try and register for the WA Bar exam only to receive an email or letter in the mail stating she doesn’t qualify. It would be a punch in the gut for sure, but she keeps insisting in her mind she’s going to take it, so...

Reactions: 14
Since Elle's been quiet, YouTube randomly recommended me this vlog from 2016: www.viewpure.com/QtRMZwQ4nl8?start=0&end=0
Is it me, or does she sound like she loves living in Vancouver (despite complaining that she misses Hawaii)? It's not how she talks about Seattle. And no Vancouver themed pillows and candles needed.

Reactions: 7
Elle should have stuck with the job she found in Florida. It's harder to find jobs when you've been out for longer because it looks bad on your CV. Besides, Florida isn't a bad place to be (it's not like it's Mississippi or Alabama or out mid-west). It can be fun if you're up to the challenge.

Reactions: 4
Elle should have stuck with the job she found in Florida. It's harder to find jobs when you've been out for longer because it looks bad on your CV. Besides, Florida isn't a bad place to be (it's not like it's Mississippi or Alabama or out mid-west). It can be fun if you're up to the challenge.
What was her job in Florida?

Reactions: 1
Wasn't she supposed to start working on some job down there? I'm not sure but other people have said something like that on this form.
Not sure. I thought she was just at home, stringing pearls and creating vlogs or something.

Reactions: 2
I've never been to Florida, but I don't blame her for not taking the job and fleeing to Hawaii. It was obvious to everyone that she did not like it there. Elle just doesn't strike me as someone who would be content to live in a humid, quiet, suburban town in Florida. Nothing about her personality or lifestyle fits with that life.

I personally think she should have moved back to Vancouver and resumed her life, just with a new employer. I'm not convinced that interview in January was with her old employer, but just because one interview didn't pan out shouldn't have discouraged her.

I just don't understand her logic, or lack thereof. Who moves to a city they've never been to with no job on the table? Just so reckless and strange... it's like she thinks her life is a Hallmark movie and everything will just magically work out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.