Eimear Varian Barry #6 Eimear Variant Barry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much to unpick.
Firstly, she’s obviously lost a load of clients
Secondly, she thinks brands only care about sales over brand awareness, they don’t. But they ARE able to measure engagement as well as sales and it’s obvious she doesn’t do well on that point because
Thirdly, as evidenced by her latest video, she knows nothing about making content that’s actually watchable and works to a brief. That piece is horrific, wobbly, unwatchable nonsense for a brand EVERYONE already knows so what’s it doing? Nothing. It adds nothing of value to them.
This is the great influencer problem, the only people they influence is each other and it’s beginning to show and when the market dies and it will. The ones left standing will be those who actually have a feed that also happens to advertise. EVB’s is nothing without the sponsorships. She could pivot and be a success but she has to acknowledge that going down this road is not going to end well and that would be a shame.

Reactions: 9
"You can't go back to an influencer and say well we didn't exactly see what we wanted to see"

No Eimear, the company who has engaged you and is paying to work for them you can't provide you with you with this feedback 🙄

I think Eimear needs to do some due diligence before accepting paid work and if they objectives of the campaign don't match her ideology she should decline the work

Attachments

Reactions: 6
“We didn’t see any we wanted to see” I.e we didn’t get what we paid for so no more fees for you. It’s that simple. Trying to pretend social media Influencing is anything more that a sales job is demented. They may like to convince themselves “it’s art” “we are creatives”. But no one is paying them to hang their photos up on walls or to watch them in a cinema. Absolutely deluded if they think anyone is going to go back weeks, months & buy from a brand from a saved post therefore they should be paid for “ raising brand awareness “ and not for clicks / sales . If anything it’s the bloody opposite ! Avoiding brands who give freebies & fees to these cowboys! ?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She really does have an over inflated idea of her Importance and of influencers in general , she's a teeny tiny cog in a HUGE corporate wheel, who will spit you out at the earliest opportunity , there always someone else who can do the job , she's not indispensable
....she's nothing more than a QVC salesperson , how she thinks this 'career' is sustainable is beyond me

Reactions: 15
“We didn’t see any we wanted to see” I.e we didn’t get what we paid for so no more fees for you. It’s that simple. Trying to pretend social media Influencing is anything more that a sales job is demented. They may like to convince themselves “it’s art” “we are creatives”. But no one is paying them to hang their photos up on walls or to watch them in a cinema. Absolutely deluded if they think anyone is going to go back weeks, months & buy from a brand from a saved post therefore they should be paid for “ raising brand awareness “ and not for clicks / sales . If anything it’s the bloody opposite ! Avoiding brands who give freebies & fees to these cowboys! ?
Absolutely spot on, very well said. Her whole rant only showed that companies are finally, hopefully realising that influencers are damaging brand reputations.

Reactions: 8
This "career" was always on shaky ground. This is why the bank wouldn't look at her re a mortgage on her own. Sure she earned whatever figure she gave 2 years ago - but that is the best it was ever going to get for her. She is too flaky, too distracted, isn't actually focused on this at all despite what she says. The only people who will sustain careers out of this do it with the same dedication. commitment and drive as the people who are physically in offices/factories working for an employer they are accountable to. Eimear wants the "lifestyle" and the cash but she also wants to be a stay at home mom. You can't have that unless you are Cliona O'Connor whose husband is working and received a huge payout. Eimear needs to get a job like everyone else.

And the mocking of the boardroom implying that no one knows what they are talking about. Chances are these people have a seat in that room having been successful in business and making decisions that result in growth. Very disrespectful of other professions

Reactions: 10
Omg I’m not able, she is now getting messages from people who used her recommendations from months/years ago…convenient timing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She lost her charity ambassadorship and her old agency rep. She now has a new agency but obviously she is not used to the work and expectations that come with new representation. She just wants to throw up beige shite and be paid. Amazing what accountability can do.

• Heart
Eimear - read the room £135 blouse and £470 suit, a few stories after mentioning how lucky we have it compared to what is happening the Ukraine.

Reactions: 3
Funny how she has stopped with the covid fear and all that shite she was posting before. Has her worse fears now subsided and if so, will she admit she was wrong to cast doubt and anxiety through her ever popular platform

Omg I’m not able, she is now getting messages from people who used her recommendations from months/years ago…convenient timing 😂
I literally came on here to say this! Is she for real? My eyes nearly rolled back in my head when I read those comments!

Reactions: 1
Omg she literally has zero self-control, discipline or maturity. Cooking a full meal is “difficult for her”?? Just no backbone at all. Embarrassing

Reactions: 1
Omg she literally has zero self-control, discipline or maturity. Cooking a full meal is “difficult for her”?? Just no backbone at all. Embarrassing
I have to say for an adult with adhd this could be genuinely difficult depending on what else is going on that day/in the house. I don't defend her often but I do know that otherwise competent or intelligent adults can struggle with certain tasks... not trying to diagnose her of course, but struggling with certain facets of daily life can be a normal thing for some adults and hopefully shouldn't be a source of embarrassment

Reactions: 4
I think the point with our Eims though is that everything is difficult for her. The struggle is real!!!!!

Reactions: 4
I think the point with our Eims though is that everything is difficult for her. The struggle is real!!!!!
Yes it is real and the reason for this is that she has never done a proper days work in her life. She is a lazy sod IMO. Has no idea what real work is!

Reactions: 5
I have to say for an adult with adhd this could be genuinely difficult depending on what else is going on that day/in the house. I don't defend her often but I do know that otherwise competent or intelligent adults can struggle with certain tasks... not trying to diagnose her of course, but struggling with certain facets of daily life can be a normal thing for some adults and hopefully shouldn't be a source of embarrassment
Does she have an official diagnosis of ADHD?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.