Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I have only used it twice, both times at Starbucks. The first time I forgot it was even on cos I don’t know what day it is anymore anyway 🤪

Went to the Trafford Centre yesterday which was absolutely horrendous, I was shopping for my mum’s birthday and got in and out as quickly as possible - I looked over at the food court as I passed it and it was swarming with people. So many people there without masks on, mostly groups of young girls with zero social distancing going on, all caked in make up, I guess they didn’t want to mess it up 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I’ve been about twice a week since it started, my fiancé and I have been working extra long shifts so it’s just easier than cooking and something we don’t normally do, we do a date night once a month normally, so it’s been nice to be able to go out and have food and it not cost an arm and a leg. I will miss that when it ends.

If it didn't end next Monday I would consider walking out. The amount of customers being vile last night and probably happen tonight was unbelievable. Orders were huge a lot bigger than usual to be expected to have that available fast when everyone seem to going over board. I was lucky enough to be sorting out deliveries but had customers come up to me asking why they are getting served first. I didn't respond but Really? Do I have to explain people at home have just spent as small fortune on delivery etc i really could rant on but its not worth it

• Heart

Ponponpon

VIP Member
I do it 🤷🏽‍♀️ There’s a McDonald’s next to where I work so I take it back to my desk and eat it.

Not really abusing a deal when it’s there and encouraged to be used.

Agree above, less likely to catch covid and no need for staff to clean up after you.
Please educate me - as I understand it from this thread, McDonalds is in effect doing table service to prevent queues. How is it preventing staff from cleaning if you sit? They still have to clean the table...

Yel

Chatty Member
The final day will be the kicker - bank holiday. It's just driven people crazy and the impact on the staff - both for the added stress, lack of time with their families, arranging days off etc is immense. A journalist really needs to write about it from that side.
I think they're going to extend it.

With all the billions wasted spent of furlough it is small change and keeps some people happy.

It's making me realise just how expensive it is to eat out for average food. Would rather go out and spend £40-50 once a month for a few hours that's decent than somewhere you're in and out of pretty quickly for average food.

You can now get supermarket meal deals delivered to your door. The huge expansion of casual dining was unsustainable.

Emlo

Just did a drive by of our local restaurants. Queue outside Nando’s I counted 16 groups/couples and it’s not a big place inside so god knows how long they’re going to have to wait. To save a tenner it doesn’t seem worth it. Other pubs/ restaurants seemed to have a respectable amount of people but nothing that crazy.

cushtybert

VIP Member
Probably not, I’m not booking anything anyway. I might sit in and have a Costa if it’s not too busy but that’s probably about it

coconochanel

VIP Member
Going to Costa tomorrow with my little boy and hoping I get some money off as I don’t want to remortgage for a bottle of apple juice and a cake haha - he loves a Costa 🤦🏻‍♀️ - but that’ll probably be it tbh. Really not keen on rushing to be in a public place with others yet just for a meal, although no shade whatsoever on anyone who does go out 😊
Im going to Starbucks and will be eating outside if I cant sit in for a sec and run :giggle: do you have to spend £10 to get the money off or is it up to £10 off?

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Some restaurants are going to stop the deal as it's counter productive and there's too many covidiots. Has anyone heard of this happening near them?

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
It’s exam results tomorrow for us, so we booked a local place for Wednesday when we are all home so we can go out and celebrate the end of school and Dd passed her probation at work. Only have the one thing booked though.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I've not used it anywhere yet as everywhere seems to walk in only and hell will freeze over before myself or any of my family are standing in those lines just for some money off! Germs everywhere. Some of our local takeaways are on it despite not having much, if any, indoor seating and when asked, they say they arent offering it so why is it on govt website? So ridiculous.
Ive not used it either Ive just been going through the drive thru. :LOL:

kev1974

VIP Member
Ah thanks. I saw someone refer to table numbers being taken away, which wasn't a thing when I last went into a McDonald's (20ish years ago) so presumed it was a covid measure.
no they’ve done the table numbers / table service for at least a year if not two, not a COVID thing.

last day for EOTHO today, thank goodness. Might actually be able to get in some restaurants from tomorrow!

Ponponpon

VIP Member
You still need to queue outside as they only let so many people in at a time whether they are sitting in or taking away
Ah thanks. I saw someone refer to table numbers being taken away, which wasn't a thing when I last went into a McDonald's (20ish years ago) so presumed it was a covid measure.