Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like most soaps EE has had its good moments and bad moments over the years. I’ve been watching classic episodes and whilst it’s good in places some of what is classed as ‘drama’ back in the early day’s would be seen as incredibly mundane today (I’m sure one cliffhanger ending was when a sewing machine broke😆) so it’s swings and roundabouts really.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anyone else looking forward to EE starting again tonight?

I came across a spoiler posted on the official eastenders page, I will hide it behind a spoiler tag just in case.

The actress who plays Chantelle is leaving! Grey will end up killing her, it’s meant to all come to a head over the next month. Really sad as I like Chantelle as a character but I can understand why the story is taking this turn

Reactions: 4

I came across a spoiler posted on the official eastenders page, I will hide it behind a spoiler tag just in case.

The actress who plays Chantelle is leaving! Grey will end up killing her, it’s meant to all come to a head over the next month. Really sad as I like Chantelle as a character but I can understand why the story is taking this turn
I am. People are stupidly kicking off in regards to the spoiler but they’ve had to reveal it so people who have suffered it etc can decide if they want to watch it or not. It’s gonna be heartbreaking but I think this is the first time this has happened on a soap.

Reactions: 8

I think it’s really important for people to understand there isn’t always a happy ending.

Reactions: 7
Think EastEnders have done a good job with filming in the way they have. Some clever shots and angles etc.

I must say Letitia Dean is looking even more top heavy than she did before. I've always found her body shape to be utterly bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Think EastEnders have done a good job with filming in the way they have. Some clever shots and angles etc.

I must say Letitia Dean is looking even more top heavy than she did before. I've always found her body shape to be utterly bizarre.
Thank you! I thought it was just me that thought she had a top heavy body shape. Must say I enjoyed tonights episode.

Reactions: 3
You could see where they were using body doubles but it was alot more natural than Corrie was when it came back with post Covid episodes

Really didn’t think Dotty was going to tell Sharon

I loved it being back! I watched a couple of videos which showed them using Perspex screens between the characters to keep a distance

I liked seeing the way they are distancing from non household members- great bit of realism

I love it! I'm so happy it's back but so weird with all the subtle covid changes.

It's going to be heartbreaking watching the Chantelle scenes next week but (I don't mean to sound horrible) I'm glad it's going that way because they always show the victim getting away or getting help/revenge and this shows a slightly more realistic outcome. I'd love for EE to do a male DV storyline because there isn't many and it often gets forgotten that it happens both ways.

Never leave me again Eastenders 😭

Also I read that they're calling this series 2 of EE 😂 Only 6000+ episodes in the first 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Watched tonight’s and found it really powerful..what he did to her was not what I was expecting.

Reactions: 6
It's going to be heartbreaking watching the Chantelle scenes next week but (I don't mean to sound horrible) I'm glad it's going that way because they always show the victim getting away or getting help/revenge and this shows a slightly more realistic outcome. I'd love for EE to do a male DV storyline because there isn't many and it often gets forgotten that it happens both ways.
I agree I find a lot of DV storylines are sanitised - in one way it gives hope that you can get away but far more don't and end up dealing with DV for their whole lives or end up dead

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ian's face when Sharon said she didn't love him. 😂😂😂😂 A woman who shagged and loved young hunk Keanu is never gonna fall in love with Ian Squeale.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I was really bored with EE before lockdown but I think the break has done it the world of good!

Reactions: 13
Ruby’s probs with the bank - I think it’s Kat. The reason bought 4 teddies - Kat has 4 kids doesn’t she? The 3 boys plus the cousin one.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I was really bored with EE before lockdown but I think the break has done it the world of good!
I think it needed the break. I also think shorter fewer episodes will be better. I was finding it hard to catch up if I missed more than a couple

It works well with the seperste groups as well the less characters in a scene, the easier it is for them to focus on each storyline, loving the Panesar scenes too! Shame Kheerat and Chan will never get to be together but I’m glad they’ve gone down this route, it needs to be shown that unfortunately these things happen

Reactions: 10
Ruby’s probs with the bank - I think it’s Kat. The reason bought 4 teddies - Kat has 4 kids doesn’t she? The 3 boys plus the cousin one.
Do you mean Cherry? On the EE Instagram they said she went back to Hayley just before lockdown hit.

Or is Arthur still there?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.