Eastenders #7 Jubileastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shona does look gorgeous though, dark hair really makes her striking. Dress is one of the best of the night too.

Soap Awards are always great for some absolute shockers. The soap lot love the over-styled trashy look! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
So true. I only watch Eastenders and Neighbours so don't know others. Millie Gibson was one of the best dressed. Surprised we don't have a soap awards thread.

Reactions: 2
Is Ben really short in real life? I saw a pic of him Jay and Callum and the way his clothes hang off him really gave me the ick

Found it! He just looks like a little boy playing dress up to me, even with the wonky tie

F627C2C7-1481-45C6-825F-8F08F43CAF83.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m sick to death of Whitney. I wish the writers would just stop trying to make her happen! So many good characters are underused and she gets involved in pretty much every scene.

I find the Max Bowden thing a bit odd too, like he had a long term girlfriend, then all of a sudden a new one and then in a blink of an eye, they’ve finished, she’s pregnant and now he’s dating Shona…. Sounds like a storyline.

Absolutely love Eve, really liked Heather’s portrayals in most of her roles (all but Nicki in Waterloo Road… I couldn’t get behind that character).

Reactions: 14
I’m sick to death of Whitney. I wish the writers would just stop trying to make her happen! So many good characters are underused and she gets involved in pretty much every scene.

I find the Max Bowden thing a bit odd too, like he had a long term girlfriend, then all of a sudden a new one and then in a blink of an eye, they’ve finished, she’s pregnant and now he’s dating Shona…. Sounds like a storyline.

Absolutely love Eve, really liked Heather’s portrayals in most of her roles (all but Nicki in Waterloo Road… I couldn’t get behind that character).
Whitney is the focus of so many big storylines and it's annoying. She's constantly miserable and a righteous busybody. I don't like her character anymore! I liked her when she was first introduced and I think the grooming storyline was done well.

Reactions: 8
Shona does look gorgeous though, dark hair really makes her striking. Dress is one of the best of the night too.

Soap Awards are always great for some absolute shockers. The soap lot love the over-styled trashy look! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
She is pretty in real life. She looks an absolute state on the show, especially when they try to glam her up and really cake on the make up.

Reactions: 7
Having seen bits of the Soap Awards tonight......

* I know they only have so many spaces but surely if you're up for an award like Linda Henry was you should be guaranteed a place in the audience?
Linda Henry doesn’t go to award ceremonies or anything public. She’s very private

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
People have been moaning at Ross Boatman getting best newcomer when he was on TV thirty years ago in shows like London's Burning. The wording of the award doesn't help as it could be called best new soap character instead to stop the moaning. He plays a good role and hopefully his character is safe from the axe even though they have stupidly axed his daughter.

Reactions: 5
People have been moaning at Ross Boatman getting best newcomer when he was on TV thirty years ago in shows like London's Burning. The wording of the award doesn't help as it could be called best new soap character instead to stop the moaning. He plays a good role and hopefully his character is safe from the axe even though they have stupidly axed his daughter.
It’s best newcomer to soap not best newcomer to acting. They’ve always opened up this category to newbies in soaps regardless if they’ve had a long acting career or not

Bonnie Langford won this award in 2016 and we all know she’s been acting since she was a kid. If the awards had have been on last year I bet Brian Conley would have been a nominee as well

I do think it should be newcomer to acting though

Reactions: 13
It’s best newcomer to soap not best newcomer to acting. They’ve always opened up this category to newbies in soaps regardless if they’ve had a long acting career or not

Bonnie Langford won this award in 2016 and we all know she’s been acting since she was a kid. If the awards had have been on last year I bet Brian Conley would have been a nominee as well

I do think it should be newcomer to acting though
Don't worry about me I am still annoyed from when they scrapped sexiest male and female awards :D It's nothing to do with your talent but being nominated or winning based on your looks is a compliment.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Don't worry about me I am still annoyed from when they scrapped sexiest male and female awards :D It's nothing to do with your talent but being nominated or winning based on your looks is a compliment.
It was always awkward for whoever the winner was when they went up to receive their award and had to give an acceptance speech. Who do they thank? Mum and dad for their looks, the makeup artist for making them look presentable, Mother Nature?

I always looked forward to the Sexiest Male montages where it was just 5 minutes of men topless and the audience going “woooh” after each picture. The girls was usually 5 minutes of hair flicking slow mos, pouting, walking towards the camera seductively and some sexy dancing

• Haha
Best Newcomer should really be renamed to Best New Character
It’s more about the actor than the character otherwise the nominees would have to be listed under their character names.

Saying that they had Best Family as a category as per the characters. They could name the character name followed by the actor’s name in the nominee list.

Best Soap Newcomer could also work

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Whitney is the focus of so many big storylines and it's annoying. She's constantly miserable and a righteous busybody. I don't like her character anymore! I liked her when she was first introduced and I think the grooming storyline was done well.
Agree with this, she was great in the grooming s/l now I feel like they shoehorn her character into every s/l and that’s it for my, the busybody and self righteous vibes, give the other actors a chance!

She is pretty in real life. She looks an absolute state on the show, especially when they try to glam her up and really cake on the make up.
She’s so pretty and comes across as a lovely girl 😍

What happened to Kim's children?
Pearl's at a posh school after Howie helped to secure her a scolarship place, but her son's been missing for ages 😄 I can't even remember his name
Kim hasn't noticed it seems 😁 and neither has anyone else

Is Ben really short in real life? I saw a pic of him Jay and Callum and the way his clothes hang off him really gave me the ick

Found it! He just looks like a little boy playing dress up to me, even with the wonky tie

View attachment 1336407
None of them do anything for me 😄
Max looks like he borrowed someone else's clothes 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.