Eastenders #29 Denise's D is buried with Keanu, while Jack's burying his D in Stacey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with the way that George story is going so far. I thought the baby farming was interesting but now we are all supposed to believe that Eddie is a dedicated racist so why would they have taken on a non white child?

Yes they were being paid for looking after George but foster carers are paid by the local authority for any child they look after. There wouldn't have been a shortage of white babies to look after at that time.
I agree, it’s hard to believe a racist would even adopt a black child but George doesn’t seem to have any problems that go as deep as racism with his dad, surely he would have memories of his dad displaying racism in his youth?

Reactions: 9
It’s a bit extreme but having a black child would be the perfect excuse to say “I’m not racist. My son is black and we took him in”

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
It’s a bit extreme but having a black child would be the perfect excuse to say “I’m not racist. My son is black and we took him in”
Agreed and I think there could be more to be exposed. The fact he calls him boy and orders him about. I bet he did that when George was little like he was a little servant for him and didn’t show him any real love or affection apart from the boxing coaching but I think that was his interest and George went along, not an interest he took on because George wanted to

I’m consigned to my bed with Whooping Cough so started Silent Witness from the beginning. Look who it is 😍
IMG_7779.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Agreed. I would prefer if they unpacked the farming story a little more. Maybe it's a case of his dad committing the murder around the time they adopted George and he's always been his "insurance"? I'm imagining this murder wasn't recent due to his age.

Bit of a long game though 😆

And I can't connect how the dad is so racist he was involved in a racially motivated murder, but also not overtly racist enough that his own son can't see it. I get some people are in denial but it's not even like George downplays or begrudgingly acknowledges his dad's views, he flat out claims not to notice and makes excuses.

But I suppose it's better for the storyline that George is naive, even if it's quite unbelievable 😒, because I'm sure we're about to see him come to that realisation then agonise over whether he backs his dad or not.

That seems to be the way with a lot of the recent Eastenders storylines. It feels like the writers start with a set conclusion or outcome, then work backwards to make the details fit.
Exactly. We don't yet know when this murder happened so it could be that George's adoption was to deflect but it still seems like a long shot and could Eddie have played doting dad for years if he really was a racist? Unlikely that George wouldn't have realised his dad was a bastard before now.
And if it was around the time he was adopted why has it taken 50 odd years for him to be charged?

Reactions: 5
This is exactly it and why Eddie wants George to be a character witness so he can say but I was never racist to my son. Maybe we might have a flashback or George will start to think about his childhood more.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is exactly it and why Eddie wants George to be a character witness so he can say but I was never racist to my son. Maybe we might have a flashback or George will start to think about his childhood more.
It would be great if EE had a flashback episode to George and his childhood upbringing with his parents and the youth boxing (maybe a young Phil in the crowd).
If it’s one thing EE is good at, it’s flashbacks, not flashforwards and to the present 😏

It would be great if EE had a flashback episode to George and his childhood upbringing with his parents and the youth boxing (maybe a young Phil in the crowd).
If it’s one thing EE is good at, it’s flashbacks, not flashforwards and to the present 😏
I think there's meant to be a special ep this week about George and his upbringing so I'm hoping for a flashback scene! Their flashbacks have been really good. Loved the Peggy one.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Loads of cockneys call their sons ‘boy’ though? I don’t think that’s weird at all.
Could he have murdered George’s biological father in order to keep George? For Gloria?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Loads of cockneys call their sons ‘boy’ though? I don’t think that’s weird at all.
Could he have murdered George’s biological father in order to keep George? For Gloria?
I think this but I also think it's open to interpretation. He can plausibly deny that calling George 'boy' is racist because it's common to call your son that but how has he said it? Mick called Lee and Johnny boy but he said it with love and fondness, do we hear the love from George's dad or is it evocative of deep south slave owners? I think the nuance with it is really interesting. I hope they do the storyline justice and don't mess it up like they did the DV storyline with Gray

Reactions: 17
My mum made me watch the old Prime Suspects from the beginning and little Danny Dyer is in the first ep
DjD5bf1WwAYCN9T.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I love the old Silent Witnesses! Im working my way through and on series 8. It’s a who’s who of British tv and soap actors. Some very fresh faces pop up on there.

Reactions: 4
my boyf was like im gonna make you watch this 90's thing you'll prob hate it due to all the racism, sexism, homophobia tit awareness of mental health and toxic masculinity everywhere,

but it's excellent

o_O 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
my boyf was like im gonna make you watch this 90's thing you'll prob hate it due to all the racism, sexism, homophobia tit awareness of mental health and toxic masculinity everywhere,

but it's excellent

o_O 😂 😂
So not Friends? 😂

90’s EE was tha best though with issues at the time 😯

Reactions: 1
I like the new Johnny, hope he stays around for a while. He's a much better actor than the last one.

Good episode tonight - well written and acted. Even Eeeeelaine has turned it down a notch snd become more likeable.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.