Eastenders #27 Ben has been slapped down for good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked Kat and Phil together. Cba with this breakup storyline when you know itā€™s just to put Alfie and Kat back together again, and probably Sharon and Phil. šŸ„±

Reactions: 10
The role of Sam has suffered over the years due to chopping and changing the actress, and the writers never settling on what character she is.
Sometimes sheā€™s a feckless mother, abandoning her son for years. She gets in trouble with drugs and debt. She has never had a settled relationship. Daniella was better suited to that character.
But Kim has played Sam as a kinder and calmer person, still with many faults, but much more together. Running Peggyā€™s, building a relationship with Ricky (and Amy), and always looking good.
I donā€™t know what happened last year, but Sam going off to Spain when she had started to get closer to Ricky, especially with a baby on the way, has damaged the newer version of the character. She stayed away for months and then came back with a load of drug debt, being thrown out onto the road. There have been a lot of backwards steps for her.
Yet I do have a problem with the way her family have always treated her. You would think that Phil (and Grant) would have grown up to be protective of their little sister. Yet as far back as I can remember, Sam has been treated as an inconvenience, an afterthought, a PITA. Even her own mum found her irritating and didnā€™t want her around.
If the show canā€™t decide what to do with her, they should have just let her move to Germany with Ricky snr.

Reactions: 12
The role of Sam has suffered over the years due to chopping and changing the actress, and the writers never settling on what character she is.
Sometimes sheā€™s a feckless mother, abandoning her son for years. She gets in trouble with drugs and debt. She has never had a settled relationship. Daniella was better suited to that character.
But Kim has played Sam as a kinder and calmer person, still with many faults, but much more together. Running Peggyā€™s, building a relationship with Ricky (and Amy), and always looking good.
I donā€™t know what happened last year, but Sam going off to Spain when she had started to get closer to Ricky, especially with a baby on the way, has damaged the newer version of the character. She stayed away for months and then came back with a load of drug debt, being thrown out onto the road. There have been a lot of backwards steps for her.
Yet I do have a problem with the way her family have always treated her. You would think that Phil (and Grant) would have grown up to be protective of their little sister. Yet as far back as I can remember, Sam has been treated as an inconvenience, an afterthought, a PITA. Even her own mum found her irritating and didnā€™t want her around.
If the show canā€™t decide what to do with her, they should have just let her move to Germany with Ricky snr.
I agree Sam should have gone to Germany with Ricky.

The thing is that Sam is now 50, she's not a little girl anymore making youthful mistakes. Phil and Grant have been helping her out all their lives. Phil is fast approaching retirement. When does it end?

Sam should have sorted out her own life years ago.

Reactions: 13
Iā€™m not putting this behind a spoiler because if you havenā€™t watched tonightā€™s you need to know this firstā€¦..get your ear plugs, tonightā€™s episode contains Eeeelaine ā€˜singingā€™.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Couple of things...

Is Ricky Jnr Jack's or Ricky Butcher's son with Sam?

How does it work when she's finally made her son proud by "sticking up for herself" then pulls a dick move like that? Won't Ricky Jnr turn against her?

Thanks tattle

Reactions: 3
Couple of things...

Is Ricky Jnr Jack's or Ricky Butcher's son with Sam?

How does it work when she's finally made her son proud by "sticking up for herself" then pulls a dick move like that? Won't Ricky Jnr turn against her?

Thanks tattle
Ricky Jnr is Jack's but he was named before a paternity test was done, and it was originally assumed that Ricky Snr was the dad.
---
Ricky Jnr seems to be a wet lettuce like his namesake tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Iā€™m not putting this behind a spoiler because if you havenā€™t watched tonightā€™s you need to know this firstā€¦..get your ear plugs, tonightā€™s episode contains Eeeelaine ā€˜singingā€™.
Oh god I can almost hear it already šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Iā€™ve lost count now of the number of times a character has been told to ā€œLeave town tonight and never come backā€.
Sam, Eve, Keanu, Finlay and god knows who else. Itā€™s like theyā€™re all living way out in the Wild West :)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Iā€™ve lost count now of the number of times a character has been told to ā€œLeave town tonight and never come backā€.
Sam, Eve, Keanu, Finlay and god knows who else. Itā€™s like theyā€™re all living way out in the Wild West :)
Bloody forgot about Finlay šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ what happened with him again, something to do with the Panesars and a necklace.

• Haha
  • Wow
Bloody forgot about Finlay šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ what happened with him again, something to do with the Panesars and a necklace.
Did vinny not cut the brakes in the car eve was going on because he found out about her and suki. Then finlay found vinnys chain at the garage so suki blackmailed him to get out of the square.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The Queen Vic tonight šŸ˜„

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Bit random but has anyone else noticed that Shane Ritchie has now started having his eye brows dyed jet black (I'm choking on my brew typing this šŸ˜‚) I know he's always been a little bit vain but he actually looks bloody tapped with this latest attempt at trying to de age himself.

Knew there was something about him that had changed.

I won't be able to unsee it now.:eek:

Thanks for that. šŸ˜†

Reactions: 1
I liked this episode but not the storyline, if you get me. It felt like old school EE, the writing you used to get in its heyday. But, I found it annoying that Sam landed Phil in it and split him and Kat up. I like Phil and Kat together, they seemed happy and Phil was finally domesticated. I don't like the way they all treat Sam, I just don't really think that Phil would treat his little sister like that, I think he'd have told her about the money and come to an agreement, especially as he said Peggy left Sam everything and he's doing the same for Louise.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.