Eastenders #18 Take me down to Ian Beales chippy, where the sausage is long and the chips are greasy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely can’t think of another soap storyline that has had such an impact on future storylines and is able to be re-introduced so many times than Lucy’s death. It was a masterstroke storyline, which is even more shocking when you consider that the actual character of Lucy wasn’t all that interesting or iconic and yet in death has arguably been made one of THE iconic characters.

I remember being in Uni and being hooked on who did it, we had bets and drinking games going on the night and not one of us had Bobby 🤣 Its one of those pop culture moments/story’s that just keeps giving 🤣
it was incredibly done. i still think of that really creepy trailer they did for the reveal week with all the suspects walking around the square and seeing her reflection/handprints on the glass etc.

i remember being mad because i’m sure bobby was never even on any of the “official” list of suspects they did but that made the whole reveal even more shocking. the kid playing bobby at the time was great too.

ee can only dream of a storyline with that kind of impact now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I will eat my words as tonight's ep was so much better than last night. I loved fatboy being there, just bring him back already! Loved the flashback and her walking in when Anna was making a wish was too good.

Reactions: 22
maybe I'm easily pleased or something but I'm finding this incredible. EE is my major obsession at the moment and I've only been watching this year so got no other huge storylines to compare to but there's no way a soap should be this gripping 😂 LOVE

Reactions: 21
I really enjoyed today's episode, but I definitely think that they should have done a two parter for the Bank Holiday with these last two episodes?

This episode seemed far too good for a random Tuesday in August.

Reactions: 20
It’s honestly incredible that links are still being made to Lucy’s murder 9 years later. Not being able to go back to the Knights after compromising her protection was completely plausible too!

Ian is still a slimy git 🤣. You’d think his reaction to Cindy meeting George again is out of concern for Cindy - like who knows how George would react after all these years! But nope, he’s just being selfish as he wants Cindy all to himself 🙄. I’m already rooting for a George and Cindy reunion.

And the writers should make resurrections a best of 3 by bringing Fatboy back. How can they keep deadbeat Bernie around but not bring him back? 😫
---
I really enjoyed today's episode, but I definitely think that they should have done a two parter for the Bank Holiday with these last two episodes?

This episode seemed far too good for a random Tuesday in August.
I agree! It made no sense that Cindy’s return was hyped up for Monday, yet the good stuff didn’t happen until today

Reactions: 11
OMG
FATBOY 😂😂
Loved that flashback thing
Cindy said Lucy’s death was a terrible accident, surely she knows. A quick google would tell her otherwise if Ian hasn’t been honest, feel we need hour long episodes all this week
What a nice surprise to see Fatboy again! 🥰

I liked todays episode more than yesterday's. Excited for tomorrows now!

Reactions: 13
Now that she's back I hope cindy kills Bobby
Now that she's back I hope cindy kills Bobby
Bobby hasn't got a chance now with Anna. When she finds out he killed her half sister. And when Cindy finds out the boy who killed one daughter is now dating another daughter. I think I got that right my mind is boggled. What an exciting soap is Eastenders. To think I was going to give up watching and just stick to Emmerdale

Tonight’s episode was so good ! And it’s a bloody long time since I’ve said that !
I stopped watching EE years & years ago & only started again in 2020 when I was pregnant & terrified to leave the house (I’ve regained my sanity now, don’t worry!) I’ve missed loads so I’ve decided to go back & watch the 2011 episodes on at the min, i wfh so will just listen in the background. Do they get updated month by month on the iPlayer ?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I definitely feel like Fatboys cameo was a tribute to the fans as everyone has always been rooting for him to return, myself included. He was totally done over by the production team at the time as his ending was awful so I’m glad they chose to bring him back out of everyone for this

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I still think Fatboy was the most accurate representation of a young person in that area they’ve had in years. Realistically more of the teenagers would be talking like he did

I still think Fatboy was the most accurate representation of a young person in that area they’ve had in years. Realistically more of the teenagers would be talking like he did
Im still sad he didn't come back to life for Mrs B's funeral. He should've been the real surprise.

Reactions: 14
Bobby hasn't got a chance now with Anna. When she finds out he killed her half sister. And when Cindy finds out the boy who killed one daughter is now dating another daughter. I think I got that right my mind is boggled. What an exciting soap is Eastenders. To think I was going to give up watching and just stick to Emmerdale
I think Freddie has definitely got more chance with Anna than Bobby has.

George was fabulous in today's episode 😍
He's such a good actor and played it perfectly.

I'm struggling to guess why he left that wonderful home in Marbella with a swimming pool for life in Walford though 😀

Reactions: 23
I think Freddie has definitely got more chance with Anna than Bobby has.

George was fabulous in today's episode 😍
He's such a good actor and played it perfectly.

I'm struggling to guess why he left that wonderful home in Marbella with a swimming pool for life in Walford though 😀
Definitely think there's more to Geroge than the Mick#2 character he's been so far

Reactions: 12
Spoilers for next week below
(Might even be this week)
Anna and Freddie end up banging and F tells Alfie as he’s racked with guilt, Alfie ends up telling Ian who in turn tells George after he makes a dig him. I assume this will happen in the Vic with Bobby lurking by the jukebox

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Spoilers for next week below
(Might even be this week)
Anna and Freddie end up banging and F tells Alfie as he’s racked with guilt, Alfie ends up telling Ian who in turn tells George after he makes a dig him. I assume this will happen in the Vic with Bobby lurking by the juke machine
Ooh maybe psycho Bobby will make a reappearance 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.