Ear piercings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That sounds great, thank you! šŸ˜Œ Now I just need to find the right earring. Did you get a bar or a hoop, steel/titanium/gold orā€¦? Iā€™ve read bars are preferable for this type of piercings.
Bar. Pick a nice bar so you donā€™t have to live with an ugly one for 6 months or so. Hahaha I think someone mentioned that it is quite a transition to sleep with a hoop. Few post back

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That sounds great, thank you! šŸ˜Œ Now I just need to find the right earring. Did you get a bar or a hoop, steel/titanium/gold orā€¦? Iā€™ve read bars are preferable for this type of piercings.
I have my conch and got it done with a titanium barbell (got a lil gem in it to add some sass!) The initial one will be long (usually about 10mm), but once it's healed I downsized to 6mm and it fits perfect!
Just be aware if you wear glasses to try and position it so they don't keep knocking it!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have three lobe piercings and Iā€™m planning to get my conch done. I think they look good together šŸ™‚

Can somebody with a conch piercing tell if takes long to heal? Is it a pain to get?
Hey, Iā€™ve got four lives, cartilage, flat and conch.

I have a titanium hoop, healed ok just be careful catching on tops, taking them on and off. I caught by and it was worse than the piercing.The piercing stung but no issues. I used a saline spray, it had a long novel on, just so I didnā€™t have to keep messing and touching and it was much easier.

The only other thing I would say, get it in the eye you donā€™t tend to sleep on, itā€™s not great at the beginning but as I said I have a hoop so probably doesnā€™t help.

Good luck, itā€™s worth it when you find a nice earring in your conch.

• Heart
Did anyone just had their flat pierced, does it hurt when you are wearing a mask? I wanted something like that.
EAD80D8F-CFDD-4E4A-9B58-896041529E01.png

I have three lobe piercings and Iā€™m planning to get my conch done. I think they look good together šŸ™‚

Can somebody with a conch piercing tell if takes long to heal? Is it a pain to get?
I had my conch done around 10 years ago. The pain was similar to all cartilage piercings, to me they always feel the same. Itā€™s a sharp pinch then a throbbing afterwards but itā€™s never unbearable. Mine took about a year to be fully settled and I changed the labret. However it is temperamental and sometimes even now if I wear a ring for a few days it starts to feel sore. Definitely worth it though and itā€™s probably my favourite piercing. Everyoneā€™s bodies are different though and mine just doesnā€™t like piercings - currently trying to heal a 4th lobe and my body is like ā€œnahā€ šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey, Iā€™ve got four lives, cartilage, flat and conch.

I have a titanium hoop, healed ok just be careful catching on tops, taking them on and off. I caught by and it was worse than the piercing.The piercing stung but no issues. I used a saline spray, it had a long novel on, just so I didnā€™t have to keep messing and touching and it was much easier.

The only other thing I would say, get it in the eye you donā€™t tend to sleep on, itā€™s not great at the beginning but as I said I have a hoop so probably doesnā€™t help.

Good luck, itā€™s worth it when you find a nice earring in your conch.
I had my conch done around 10 years ago. The pain was similar to all cartilage piercings, to me they always feel the same. Itā€™s a sharp pinch then a throbbing afterwards but itā€™s never unbearable. Mine took about a year to be fully settled and I changed the labret. However it is temperamental and sometimes even now if I wear a ring for a few days it starts to feel sore. Definitely worth it though and itā€™s probably my favourite piercing. Everyoneā€™s bodies are different though and mine just doesnā€™t like piercings - currently trying to heal a 4th lobe and my body is like ā€œnahā€ šŸ˜‚
Thanks a lot both! ā¤ Iā€™ve already found a new piercing place, now I just have to save up for buy a titanium barbell. As for lobes, what are you wearing in your new piercing@Pixipoppy? When I got extra holes in mine, I first wore studs and wondered why my lobe would not heal and were bleeding. Turns out they were too tight and the healing went way better once I changed to small silver hoops šŸ™‚

Last edited:
Thanks a lot both! ā¤ Iā€™ve already found a new piercing place, now I just have to save up for buy a titanium barbell. As for lobes, what are you wearing in your new piercing@Pixipoppy? When I got extra holes in mine, I first wore studs and wondered why my lobe would not heal and were bleeding. Turns out they were too tight and the healing went way better once I changed to small silver hoops šŸ™‚
I just have a plain stud in my lobe but itā€™s long so thereā€™s room for the swelling - itā€™s best to let it heal with a straight bar before going to a hoop I think. Just make sure it has room for swelling and healing.

I just have a plain stud in my lobe but itā€™s long so thereā€™s room for the swelling - itā€™s best to let it heal with a straight bar before going to a hoop I think. Just make sure it has room for swelling and healing.
Ah thatā€™s all good I think! If itā€™s a long one it should be fine. Mine were too short and changing them really helped. Hope yours heals soon!

Hereā€™s a tip for anyone else stupid enough to pierce themselves. Iā€™ve pierced my double helix using a sewing needle and the earrings I got when I had my firsts done when I was 12 (Iā€™m now 20). Be aware of how much thicker than normal earrings. I was really struggling to sleep so bought some flat back jewellery from Amazon and, although I got there in the end, it was a struggle to get them in. Obviously going to a professional is ideal, but if you want to do it yourself maybe buy the correct earrings before doing the piercing to save yourself going through twice the pain.
Edit: also properly read the descriptions on Amazon so you know how wide it is (I was fed up at 2am after struggling to get to sleep so didnā€™t šŸ˜…).

Last edited:
Hereā€™s a tip for anyone else stupid enough to pierce themselves. Iā€™ve pierced my double helix using a sewing needle and the earrings I got when I had my firsts done when I was 12 (Iā€™m now 20). Be aware of how much thicker than normal earrings. I was really struggling to sleep so bought some flat back jewellery from Amazon and, although I got there in the end, it was a struggle to get them in. Obviously going to a professional is ideal, but if you want to do it yourself maybe buy the correct earrings before doing the piercing to save yourself going through twice the pain.
Edit: also properly read the descriptions on Amazon so you know how wide it is (I was fed up at 2am after struggling to get to sleep so didnā€™t šŸ˜…).
I used sleeper studs (with ice) to pierce my second and third lobe holes and the top of my ear (it's got a proper name now but I can't remember what it is). The lobes were OK but the top one swelled so badly it swallowed the stud. Getting it out was grim. I did have it re-done with a gun at some point which went better, although I don't have it in anymore.

I used sleeper studs (with ice) to pierce my second and third lobe holes and the top of my ear (it's got a proper name now but I can't remember what it is). The lobes were OK but the top one swelled so badly it swallowed the stud. Getting it out was grim. I did have it re-done with a gun at some point which went better, although I don't have it in anymore.
I had mine done at the top with a gun. Mine swelled and swallowed the stud too. I had to get my husband to take it out. It was so painful

• Sad
I had mine done at the top with a gun. Mine swelled and swallowed the stud too. I had to get my husband to take it out. It was so painful
My advice is to never do anything with a gun. I had my lobes done with it and they were a pain to heal. Gun uses the earring to pierce, it tears your skin instead of making a nice hole. Always use needles or ask your piercer to use them šŸ™‚

My advice is to never do anything with a gun. I had my lobes done with it and they were a pain to heal. Gun uses the earring to pierce, it tears your skin instead of making a nice hole. Always use needles or ask your piercer to use them šŸ™‚
Yes, I've definitely learned that lesson! šŸ™‚

I had to take out one of my extra lobe piercings because it just wonā€™t heal. There is this irritation bump sort of thing that would not go away no matter what I did. I had two holes done at once, the lower one healed very quickly but the upper one didnā€™t. All very strange, but I suppose the piercer messed up when doing it because when putting the earring in the upper one, I could feel it was done askew instead of perpendicular to the ear (if that makes sense?). Has anyone had a similar problem? I have always thought lobe piercings were easy to heal.

I had to take out one of my extra lobe piercings because it just wonā€™t heal. There is this irritation bump sort of thing that would not go away no matter what I did. I had two holes done at once, the lower one healed very quickly but the upper one didnā€™t. All very strange, but I suppose the piercer messed up when doing it because when putting the earring in the upper one, I could feel it was done askew instead of perpendicular to the ear (if that makes sense?). Has anyone had a similar problem? I have always thought lobe piercings were easy to heal.
I had my lobes done at Claireā€™s with a piercing gun and remember having a lot of problems with them when they healing and for about a year after. That was years ago and Iā€™ve never had any issues since though. I did pierce my double helix with a needle and once it stopped hurting I havenā€™t really had any issues. The top on did get an irritation bump (I tried to put a hoop in when it hadnā€™t finished healing šŸ˜…) but that went down with time and I used salt water to clean the area. Warm salt water also helps with soreness!

• Heart