Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lady1980

Well, it all went wrong! Woke up this morning and the front had healed over the ball!! It happened so quick as it was visible when she went to bed! She was in real pain and panicking. Ended up taking her to another piercer who was sooooo lovely and calm and sorted it all out for us. She said the angle wasn't too much of an issue, but the actual earring was too short and so didn't allow room for swelling. She changed both earrings for longer ones and was so calm and reassuring.
I thought I'd done all my research and went to a proper piercer, with good reviews... I guess we were just unlucky!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I have three lobe piercings and I’m planning to get my conch done. I think they look good together 🙂

Can somebody with a conch piercing tell if takes long to heal? Is it a pain to get?
I had my conch done around 10 years ago. The pain was similar to all cartilage piercings, to me they always feel the same. It’s a sharp pinch then a throbbing afterwards but it’s never unbearable. Mine took about a year to be fully settled and I changed the labret. However it is temperamental and sometimes even now if I wear a ring for a few days it starts to feel sore. Definitely worth it though and it’s probably my favourite piercing. Everyone’s bodies are different though and mine just doesn’t like piercings - currently trying to heal a 4th lobe and my body is like “nah” 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Blue Rose

VIP Member
Anyone used those cheap disposable piercing kits I've just got 3 off shein but I'm scared
Obviously the safest option is going to a professional where they should use a needle. I remember getting my lobes done with a piercing gun when I was 8 and still remember how much that hurt. Recently I did my helix myself with a sewing needle and that hurt a lot less, despite it going through cartilage. If you are going to pierce yourself use a needle.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I also want a new one - thinking conch, but that would make it 7 piercings in one ear and 6 in the other and I don’t like that 🤣
On the side I want the conch, I have tragus, rook, top cartilage and 3 lobe.

On the other ear I have 3 lobe and 3 cartilage.

Everytime I book in for one, my piercer says ‘do you want me to just do the 2 in one go rather than you coming back when you don’t like the balance being uneven’ 🤣

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
Anyone used those cheap disposable piercing kits I've just got 3 off shein but I'm scared
I would advice against it. Go to a tattoo shop and get it done professionally. It is your body though (body is a temple hahaha) so do it properly.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Has anyone had their anti-tragus pierced?
The placement and relative rareness of it intrigues me, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about them! 🤔

Reactions: 3

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Personally I found my rook, conch and tragus were the easiest to heal and are my favourites!

Worst to heal were the daith, never stopped crusting and just wouldn't heal after 3 years! Also found upper cartilage piercings never 100% calmed down, always getting caught and sore. I took mine out after almost 10 years!

My biggest piece of advice if you're getting a new ear piercing is to choose a bar over a ring!

Oh and there is no pain quite like catching your belly piercing 🤣 I don't know if they're fashionable at the moment, but there's no way I'd get mine re-pierced!

Lady1980

I like them uneven! I have 4 in 1, 3 in the other and am planning on adding another 2 to the ear with 4, plus a daith in that ear! Just need to get round to it!

ShadesMint

Has anyone had their rook pierced? I’d love to get that done
I've had my rook done! Only on my left ear. It's my favourite piercing :)
I also have a helix on that ear and double lobes on both.
I would like more piercings but mine take forever to heal, my rook was about a year but my helix was about 2!

• Heart

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
I got my helix pierced 7 months ago. I had no problems with it but last weekend it began to be mildly uncomfortable. I didnt take much notice again until today when I noticed a little bit of crust which I cleaned off with. I then spotted a little lump near it. I rang the piercing place and have an appt for Thursday for a checkup. But does any one here know if this is a keloid? Any advise on what to do? I cant remove the earring ad I havent done it before and its a bit finicky. I had planned to go back soon and ask the piercer to replace the earring with another one I bought recently.
Looks like an irritation bump, they are super common with all types of piercings. Keloids are rare and unlikely to develop unless you are prone to them (you’d probably know that already). Use saline spray on your piercing twice a day and make sure you don’t sleep on it and only wear titanium jewellery (flat back labrets, no butterfly back earrings). The bump should go away by itself in a couple of weeks if you follow this simple routine.

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
Has anyone had their anti-tragus pierced?
The placement and relative rareness of it intrigues me, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about them! 🤔
Had my anti-tragus done for years and years (maybe 18?). Never given me any trouble.

As well as anti-tragus, I have tragus, 3 lobe in one ear, 5 in the other, double helix both sides, conch and forward helix. Bar the forward helix, they were all done in my teens, and I'm mid-thirties now. Never had any problems with any of them.

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I have a tragus and a rook. The rook was the most recent and has put me off ear piercings forever tbh, it took SO long to heal and was so incredibly painful. It’s fine now but I had to sleep on one side for about a year!

never had any problems with the other ones, I even pierced my second lobes parent trap-style in my bedroom when I was about 13 and they turned out fine 😂 would not recommend!
Oh my gosh my rook was a little bitch too 😂 I had it done summer 2018 and I swear it’s only in the last few months it’s settled down and stopped being sore.

BriarRose

I decided to treat myself to a stacked lobe piercing while I’ve been off work 😄

Great if you’ve got old, misplaced piercings too!

• Heart
I'm debating whether to get my nose done next. Never fancied it until I got given a fake ring and thought it looked nice. But as I'm turning 40 soon I don't know whether it just screams mid life crisis?!
Definitely doesn't scream midlife crisis. If you fancy it, go for it! I love my nose piercing and wouldn't be without it now.

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Can’t decide on tragus :)
Tragus was my first proper piercing i.e. had to go to a piercing place and it wasn't lobes.

I have had it for almost half my life now and j still think it looks great.

Over the years I have changed the jewelery to suit my style, have gone from a hoop to plain bars and now a bar with a little clear gem 😊

Definitely one of my favourite piercings.

Narnachops01

I have three lobe piercings and I’m planning to get my conch done. I think they look good together 🙂

Can somebody with a conch piercing tell if takes long to heal? Is it a pain to get?
Hey, I’ve got four lives, cartilage, flat and conch.

I have a titanium hoop, healed ok just be careful catching on tops, taking them on and off. I caught by and it was worse than the piercing.The piercing stung but no issues. I used a saline spray, it had a long novel on, just so I didn’t have to keep messing and touching and it was much easier.

The only other thing I would say, get it in the eye you don’t tend to sleep on, it’s not great at the beginning but as I said I have a hoop so probably doesn’t help.

Good luck, it’s worth it when you find a nice earring in your conch.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Sorry for going off the topic, but did your piercing close up nicely? Mine is relatively new but it is taking a long time to heal, if it rejects I want to take it out but wonder whether it will leave a scar or a hole.
Your stomach can take a year to heal on the inside, it can look fine on the outside but inside takes the time, I cleaned mine 3x a day for four months, then 2x a day four months an finally once a day for the final four months, I just used salt water, doesn't take much, just some on a cotton swab an gently around it an move the bar up an down to clean it, was neither up nor down with it an it was fine, once the year was up I could change it an just gave the bar a little clean before I put it in

I’m seriously considering a daith piercing but am wondering how painful they are? I have my nose pierced and that didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would, the daith area is harder though..
I have my darth done, are you getting it for headaches, just curious as thats what mine was done for, it nips I won't lie, like you feel the little pinch but overall it wasn't completly painful, they numb it for you an once you feel the little nip it's done, it's really quick, you can sit up or lay down for it as well, I lay down cause it was easier for the little grip thing he used to hold in place, it is however incredibly tender once done an a tiny bit painful during the cleaning for the first few days an you also can't lay on that side either for a while

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
Nooooo studs just don’t stay in my nose & I had a bump with them as well. I did think it was weird how the original piercer insisted on studs only to start with then another piercer said rings are fine
You might have been wearing the wrong kind of stud (wrong shape, size, metal). Studs stay in place while rings move and irritate the fresh piercing. I know it’s annoying because rings look cooler in most piercings, but the only two types of piercings that are initially pierced with a hoop/ring are septum and daith. Wearing the wrong kind of jewellery can prolong the healing process, lead to piercing bumps and rejection. There is a good piercing subreddit on Reddit if you want more info.