Ear piercings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had my nose pierced for over 10 years, I started with a stud and they pierced it with that. After about 1 year, I switched to a ring. I could never go back to a stud, it looks awful on me 😭 but they insisted I had to let it heal with a stud first
Thanks. If the bump doesn’t go I’ll just take it out. Studs are a pain in the ass!!!!

Reactions: 1
I’ve had my nose pierced for two years. First I had two studs that kept falling out, each time they fell out I felt really sad, then I went to someone different who used a ring. I bloody love my nose ring sooo much as it’s so not like me to have something pierced and it really suits me. The only thing is I have a lump on the hole, it changes in size if I knock it in my sleep for example it will get slightly bigger but eventually shrink a bit but it has never disappeared. I don’t think it is a keloid.
Anyone else have this? Will this eventually go?
Try Prontolind spray, I've had similar issues and the spray cleared it right up 🙌

Thanks. If the bump doesn’t go I’ll just take it out. Studs are a pain in the ass!!!!
Have you tried both types of stud back? The twisty one and the L shape? Failing that, maybe some good old hydrogen peroxide for a while.

I find studs are too long for my nose (they either rub on the septum or half push out) so the wait to put a ring in was awful. I'd be gutted if I had to swap back now too.

Nooooo studs just don’t stay in my nose & I had a bump with them as well. I did think it was weird how the original piercer insisted on studs only to start with then another piercer said rings are fine
You might have been wearing the wrong kind of stud (wrong shape, size, metal). Studs stay in place while rings move and irritate the fresh piercing. I know it’s annoying because rings look cooler in most piercings, but the only two types of piercings that are initially pierced with a hoop/ring are septum and daith. Wearing the wrong kind of jewellery can prolong the healing process, lead to piercing bumps and rejection. There is a good piercing subreddit on Reddit if you want more info.

Reactions: 2
Try Prontolind spray, I've had similar issues and the spray cleared it right up 🙌
Ooh thank you I’ll have a look
---
You might have been wearing the wrong kind of stud (wrong shape, size, metal). Studs stay in place while rings move and irritate the fresh piercing. I know it’s annoying because rings look cooler in most piercings, but the only two types of piercings that are initially pierced with a hoop/ring are septum and daith. Wearing the wrong kind of jewellery can prolong the healing process, lead to piercing bumps and rejection. There is a good piercing subreddit on Reddit if you want more info.
Thanks, I think I’ve been on Reddit. I have read so much about them. I had the L shaped stud and could not get them back in once it came out

I used to have mine fall out of my nose when I wore an L shape stud, but I switched it with a twisty back one & I've had no issues!

I wear tiny L studs in mine and bend it to clamp inside my nose. I’ve lost one in the last 5 years.

Hi, just looking for some advice/experience of an issue with my daughter's ear piercing.
She had her first lobe piercings done just over a month ago. I noticed that one of them was not straight, it angled downwards at the back, quite far that you could almost see the back of the earring. I took her back to the piercer for advice and he said you could just leave it or, re-pierce it to straighten it up.
We let him re-pierce it so went through the same hole at the front to make a new hole at the back. Her ear is now quite sore and swollen, and having looked at it closely, the back of the earring now looks too high!
It is angled upwards from the front, not as badly as the angle the first time but still! She doesn't want it touched or to do anything with it. I asked her if we could go to a different shop just to ask their advice but she doesn't want to. It is still swollen and I know that can distort the angle too so I am thinking perhaps it will straighten itself out?
All the googling seems to suggest it is taken out and re-pierced again, but she really doesn't want to. I guess I'm asking if it will matter in the long run if it heals at this wonky angle? If we leave it, is she going to have problems with the hole, or problems putting earrings in in the future?
Thanks for reading all that!

Hi, just looking for some advice/experience of an issue with my daughter's ear piercing.
She had her first lobe piercings done just over a month ago. I noticed that one of them was not straight, it angled downwards at the back, quite far that you could almost see the back of the earring. I took her back to the piercer for advice and he said you could just leave it or, re-pierce it to straighten it up.
We let him re-pierce it so went through the same hole at the front to make a new hole at the back. Her ear is now quite sore and swollen, and having looked at it closely, the back of the earring now looks too high!
It is angled upwards from the front, not as badly as the angle the first time but still! She doesn't want it touched or to do anything with it. I asked her if we could go to a different shop just to ask their advice but she doesn't want to. It is still swollen and I know that can distort the angle too so I am thinking perhaps it will straighten itself out?
All the googling seems to suggest it is taken out and re-pierced again, but she really doesn't want to. I guess I'm asking if it will matter in the long run if it heals at this wonky angle? If we leave it, is she going to have problems with the hole, or problems putting earrings in in the future?
Thanks for reading all that!
I would take it out, it will close up quickly and then can be repierced at a later date. Did you got to a piercer or somewhere with a gun? It is likely he went upwards to avoid the original hole. It shouldn't effect her putting earrings in but if it is swollen it might be infected, is there any gunk coming off it?

I would take it out, it will close up quickly and then can be repierced at a later date. Did you got to a piercer or somewhere with a gun? It is likely he went upwards to avoid the original hole. It shouldn't effect her putting earrings in but if it is swollen it might be infected, is there any gunk coming off it?
Yeah, we went to a piercer at a tattoo place. It isn't red or gunky, just quite swollen still, I'm guessing because of the piercer fiddling with it and re-piercing. She really just wants it left alone though... I think the whole experience has traumatised her! If it is left as it is, will it heal OK do you think?

Yeah, we went to a piercer at a tattoo place. It isn't red or gunky, just quite swollen still, I'm guessing because of the piercer fiddling with it and re-piercing. She really just wants it left alone though... I think the whole experience has traumatised her! If it is left as it is, will it heal OK do you think?
It should do, lobes are pretty easy going. I would cleanse twice a day and ice it, perhaps an anti-inflammatory if she can take one. It might be a little off center but that isn't the end of the world, I have one with a high back and it is fine. If she is really unhappy with it, lobes do close up after a while so she could always do that.

It should do, lobes are pretty easy going. I would cleanse twice a day and ice it, perhaps an anti-inflammatory if she can take one. It might be a little off center but that isn't the end of the world, I have one with a high back and it is fine. If she is really unhappy with it, lobes do close up after a while so she could always do that.
OK, great, thanks. From the front it looks fine, I just didn't want problems down the line. Thanks for your replies, I feel so much better now. I've been having anxiety dreams about ear piercings!!

OK, great, thanks. From the front it looks fine, I just didn't want problems down the line. Thanks for your replies, I feel so much better now. I've been having anxiety dreams about ear piercings!!
Prontolind spray on Amazon can really help healing along ❤

I’d leave it for now and do the above in terms of aiding the healing/swelling.

I had one of mine repierced as a child and they’ve done it so close together that the holes cross over in my ear and even now 20 years later it’s still really fiddly to put an earring in. So if it looks fine from the front and she’d prefer to leave it for a while, let everything heal up and then in a couple of years if she’s not happy, consider repiercing then!

Well, it all went wrong! Woke up this morning and the front had healed over the ball!! It happened so quick as it was visible when she went to bed! She was in real pain and panicking. Ended up taking her to another piercer who was sooooo lovely and calm and sorted it all out for us. She said the angle wasn't too much of an issue, but the actual earring was too short and so didn't allow room for swelling. She changed both earrings for longer ones and was so calm and reassuring.
I thought I'd done all my research and went to a proper piercer, with good reviews... I guess we were just unlucky!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Well, it all went wrong! Woke up this morning and the front had healed over the ball!! It happened so quick as it was visible when she went to bed! She was in real pain and panicking. Ended up taking her to another piercer who was sooooo lovely and calm and sorted it all out for us. She said the angle wasn't too much of an issue, but the actual earring was too short and so didn't allow room for swelling. She changed both earrings for longer ones and was so calm and reassuring.
I thought I'd done all my research and went to a proper piercer, with good reviews... I guess we were just unlucky!
So glad ye got sorted. I hope it's all plain sailing from here on in.

• Heart
I'd love to get new one too but will join the club of not knowing what I want and also really can't be bothered for the pain and healing process

Reactions: 2