Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

The Dowager

Chatty Member
Oh my gosh my rook was a little bitch too 😂 I had it done summer 2018 and I swear it’s only in the last few months it’s settled down and stopped being sore.
Pretty much what my piercer said to me, she was willing to do it but provided I knew they can be real buggers, and I couldn't be arsed so went with a faux rook instead. I think my ears are relieved that I'm giving them a little break from new cartilage piercings :oops:

Reactions: 1

justheretoread99

VIP Member
Sorry for going off the topic, but did your piercing close up nicely? Mine is relatively new but it is taking a long time to heal, if it rejects I want to take it out but wonder whether it will leave a scar or a hole.
It did yes☺ I had no issues at all. I can still see the dots of where the piercing was, but it’s fully closed and cannot get a belly bar through it at all.
I religiously cleaned mine with salt water after I got it done though.

• Heart
Reading this thread is encouraging me to just get all the piercings I’ve had my eye on 🤣

Anyone with their Daith pierced … what was used a bar or a ring? My friend had hers pierced with a heart shaped ring years ago (similar below) though I’ve been researching it and not many suggest it’s safe to pierce with this type of ring straight away.

View attachment 980181
It’s preferable and much safer to wear a bar/straight barbell because it does not move around as much, making the healing process more comfortable and less painful and preventing infection from getting inside. I’d recommend asking your piercer about best types of jewelry for your desired piercing.

• Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
I really want to do a second helix piercing with a hoop. Can any suggest where I find some nice ones? All the hoop earrings I have are meant for lobes and too big.
I think piercer usually advise against hoop, as the healing will take forever because it moves. Maybe find a nice bar and change it to hoop once it heals? I think even if they pierce you with a hoop, it will be bigger than usual helix hoop to account for healing?

I've 6 between both ears, I keep them nice and delicate. Two are Maria Tash, such a waste of money but they were gifts. So many pretty huggies available now.

abc i like tea

I’ve only got one piercing in each ear! Ive been wanting to get more (in my ears) do you have any suggestions!

justheretoread99

VIP Member
Not ear related sorry😖

Had my belly button done years ago. Had no issues with it, just took it out one day and left it to fully heal. I’m wanting it re-done, has anyone had theirs re-pierced? Is there more risk of infection or are they usually fine?

Anyone used those cheap disposable piercing kits I've just got 3 off shein but I'm scared
I’d be too chicken to use it but somebody on here told me they got their helix done with one at home and it turned out fine. My main reservation is that when you pierce the skin with a gun, it tears it instead of making a hole so the edges are uneven and take longer to heal. I’m healing two gun piercings at the moment so I’m speaking from personal experience 😅 Dunno what your kit is like but if you have a choice, do your piercing with a needle.

Really craving a new ear piercing! Anyone heard of or have a faux snug (basically a high conch and mid helix to look like one bar)? I think they look really cool and are apparently much easier to heal than a regular one! Either that or a forward helix 😄
My forward helix took about 2 years to heal 😅

Thanks. I rang a place local to me last night and they changed it for me and also gave me a solution for a bit of a bump i have on it. Total cost 10 euro!

The fancy studio I got it done in ignored the bump when I asked them about it when I was in there for a downsizing. Won't be going back to there.
That's what I've found. The "fancy" places are the worst for aftercare and generally giving a shit once they've pierced you. Glad you got sorted.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I have my lobes three times, tragus and then my left cartilage five times. I like the look of having all little silver hoops. Must say though my cartilage piercings are bastards 😂 I’ve had them done 10 years and they still get sore from time to time. Really want my conch now, has anyone had it done what was it like ?
Ive had my conch for ages, it was the easiest out of all of my cartilage ones - but I still can’t wear a ring in it, has to be a bar because for some reason a ring irritates it.

emilynxlan

I got my ears pierced when I was about 6 or 7. I've spent a lot of my time in lockdown buying pairs from small businesses. My favourite pair by far probably has to be my guitar pick Green Day ones.

Well, it all went wrong! Woke up this morning and the front had healed over the ball!! It happened so quick as it was visible when she went to bed! She was in real pain and panicking. Ended up taking her to another piercer who was sooooo lovely and calm and sorted it all out for us. She said the angle wasn't too much of an issue, but the actual earring was too short and so didn't allow room for swelling. She changed both earrings for longer ones and was so calm and reassuring.
I thought I'd done all my research and went to a proper piercer, with good reviews... I guess we were just unlucky!
So glad ye got sorted. I hope it's all plain sailing from here on in.

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I had to take out my conch as it kept flaring up and getting a bump (and believe me, I tried EVERYTHING). I loved the look of it though so I’m wondering if maybe it was pierced wonky to begin with and I should give it another go. Any tips?
Mine always gets a bump if I wear a ring in it - what sort of jewellery did you have in? I found mine calmed down most when it had quite a short barbell in it (once it had healed and the swelling went down). Anything too long and I kept knocking it which made it worse. Mine is nearly 10 years old now and doesn’t cause me any problems. It’s worth trying again if you can put up with probably about a year of healing!

HoGi

VIP Member
Does anyone here have their conch done?

I want to know if it interferes with earbuds. I would love to get it done but I think it would make wearing ear buds difficult.
I do

Yes some earbuds are tricky and over ear headphones make it ache after prolonged use.

I had mine done 15 years ago and even now occasionally it will get sore!! Especially if I catch it. Masks were a bitch as I kept catching it when I pulled them off and it was red and sore for weeks.

This weekend I have spent about 7 hours with headphones on and it is a bit throbby now.

So even though it is old it is a temperamental little bugger

Narc ahoy

I don’t have any but I am desperate for a simple lobe piercing, I have a really bad phobic reaction to medical procedures/needles though so the thought of it makes me feel woozy 🥴 also I dread not being able to sleep at night on my sides. 🥲
If you get it done by a professional piercer using proper needles (not a Claire's gun, which can't be sterilized properly and force a blunt earring through your flesh), lobes piercings really don't hurt. I was like you, and forced myself to get it done to help my phobia. I had it done properly with a needle and despite my fears and being generally sensitive, it didn't hurt at all. I was actually shocked by how painless it was.

It was also easy to sleep with them in.

If you want to cheat, you can probably buy yourself some EMLA numbing cream ;)