Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Really craving a new ear piercing! Anyone heard of or have a faux snug (basically a high conch and mid helix to look like one bar)? I think they look really cool and are apparently much easier to heal than a regular one! Either that or a forward helix 😄
I've got forward helix x 2, one of them was really easy to heal and the other one was a bit of a bastard. But it hardly hurt getting it done and I do like how it looks now
---
I like the idea of a rook or a forward helix but my tragus has taken 2yrs to heal. I'd also like 3rd lobes
My forward helix was much easier to heal than my rook if that helps haha. And 3rd lobes were painless and easy too

Reactions: 1

roundzip

I have 12 between both ears. I have 3 on each lobe, 2 on each cartilage and both my tragus done. I love them all and would definitely get more!

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I don’t have any but I am desperate for a simple lobe piercing, I have a really bad phobic reaction to medical procedures/needles though so the thought of it makes me feel woozy 🥴 also I dread not being able to sleep at night on my sides. 🥲

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Hi, just looking for some advice/experience of an issue with my daughter's ear piercing.
She had her first lobe piercings done just over a month ago. I noticed that one of them was not straight, it angled downwards at the back, quite far that you could almost see the back of the earring. I took her back to the piercer for advice and he said you could just leave it or, re-pierce it to straighten it up.
We let him re-pierce it so went through the same hole at the front to make a new hole at the back. Her ear is now quite sore and swollen, and having looked at it closely, the back of the earring now looks too high!
It is angled upwards from the front, not as badly as the angle the first time but still! She doesn't want it touched or to do anything with it. I asked her if we could go to a different shop just to ask their advice but she doesn't want to. It is still swollen and I know that can distort the angle too so I am thinking perhaps it will straighten itself out?
All the googling seems to suggest it is taken out and re-pierced again, but she really doesn't want to. I guess I'm asking if it will matter in the long run if it heals at this wonky angle? If we leave it, is she going to have problems with the hole, or problems putting earrings in in the future?
Thanks for reading all that!
I would take it out, it will close up quickly and then can be repierced at a later date. Did you got to a piercer or somewhere with a gun? It is likely he went upwards to avoid the original hole. It shouldn't effect her putting earrings in but if it is swollen it might be infected, is there any gunk coming off it?

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Reading this thread is encouraging me to just get all the piercings I’ve had my eye on 🤣

Anyone with their Daith pierced … what was used a bar or a ring? My friend had hers pierced with a heart shaped ring years ago (similar below) though I’ve been researching it and not many suggest it’s safe to pierce with this type of ring straight away.

View attachment 980181
I got mine pierced with a heart cause it was cute, don't do it 😂 it wouldn't heal at all until I swapped to a bar

• Heart
Not ear related sorry😖

Had my belly button done years ago. Had no issues with it, just took it out one day and left it to fully heal. I’m wanting it re-done, has anyone had theirs re-pierced? Is there more risk of infection or are they usually fine?
I think more painful because of damaged tissue but should be fine. Wish mine would close up! I’ve had it 16 years and it appears I’ll be wearing aged 90 at this rate 😂

• Haha

wilbz90

I’ve got 12 in one ear and three in the one I sleep on.
I really need to even them out 🤣

• Haha

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
Sorry as I know this thread is for ears,
But for the ones with naval piercings how long did you wait to change the bar?

Online it says 6-12 months but just wondering if anyone did it sooner and all was well?

I’m going on holiday next week and I’m being very inpatient and just find my belly bar that I have in now is so plain and boring. (Had it re-done in January)
I know some people changed theirs after 3-4 months and were okay. Mine, however, was very iffy at this stage so I did not take the risk. I suggest you visit your piercer so they can assess it and help you change the bar if it’s okay to change it (make sure you wear only quality titanium jewelry).

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I've had my rook done! Only on my left ear. It's my favourite piercing :)
I also have a helix on that ear and double lobes on both.
I would like more piercings but mine take forever to heal, my rook was about a year but my helix was about 2!
Great to hear! I also want it on my left ear, I already have my cartilage, mid helix and double lobes. I was deciding between rook or tragus!

my mid helix literally took like 3 years to heal lol 😭

Excellent healer for me, no trouble at all and is hidden away, so there's never any knocks or snags!
That’s what I love about it! And they have the cutest jewellery for rook piercings 🥹💓

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Where’s some cool UK piercing studios? There’s so many tattoo ones with amazing decor and great vibes but piercing ones are so plain :)
In london best one to go to is Seven dials (formally called extreme needle) had all my piercings done there, absolutely lovely team who work there.

sleepingsatellite

Chatty Member
OK, great, thanks. From the front it looks fine, I just didn't want problems down the line. Thanks for your replies, I feel so much better now. I've been having anxiety dreams about ear piercings!!
Prontolind spray on Amazon can really help healing along ❤

sleepingsatellite

Chatty Member
I have had a daith piercing for almost four years now. It took around a year to heal but was worth it for the headache relief. Prontolind spray on Amazon is brilliant for healing and any issues along the way.

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Can anyone help with healing? I had two extra lobe piercings done with a gun (stupid, I know) almost a month ago, and while both holes are healing, one of them is still sore. I saw some pus coming out when I cleaned them today, too.

What bothers me even more is my navel piercing. I had it done with a needle on the same day, it healed alright until recently. Now it looks a bit irritated but it’s not sore or anything. I will put the pictures under a spoiler, can someone tell me if it’s infected or just irritated? I’m mostly worried about scarring, my skin is not prone to particularly bad scars or keloids but it usually takes ages to heal. Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.
[]View attachment 984326
View attachment 984329View attachment 984330

Sorry for nasty and awkward pictures, it’s a tricky place to take a picture of x
I would definitely go back to your piercer. Mine was similar and I didn't due to lockdowns and unfortunately it got worse and ended up having to come out. Go sooner rather than later and I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.

• Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
Did anyone just had their flat pierced, does it hurt when you are wearing a mask? I wanted something like that.
EAD80D8F-CFDD-4E4A-9B58-896041529E01.png

soph30

VIP Member
Yeah I don’t have the balls to get any more cartilage. My helix is over 10 years old and I remember that was a pain to heal :)