Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Reading this thread is encouraging me to just get all the piercings I’ve had my eye on 🤣

Anyone with their Daith pierced … what was used a bar or a ring? My friend had hers pierced with a heart shaped ring years ago (similar below) though I’ve been researching it and not many suggest it’s safe to pierce with this type of ring straight away.

View attachment 980181
I was told to get it done with a bar, it helps it heal more an also the bars don't move around as much so easier to leave it alone unless cleaning, once it's healed it's fine to swap, urm I can't remember fully but I think it was maybe 12 to 16 weeks to heal

For those of you who had your daith pierced, how do you clean your ear. I mean, ear wax? Because it is so close to the entrance I am just worried about cleaning.
I just move it a little to the side, it doesn't really block the entrance to your ear so I've never had a problem cleaning inside my ear with mine

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Know this is an old thread, I’ve got one piercing in my earlobes and really want some more! I have a two questions: which was the least painful and healed the fastest (I do badly with pain)! And which one looks the cutest? I’ve heard some people can’t sleep on the ear they got pierced so I’m doing one side and after that heals, the other
generally all cartilage piercings take a while to heal. The fastest and least bothersome are usually the lobes. Maybe you could get another set next to the ones you already have?

A standard helix always is a nice one but again can be a pain to heal and yeah you need to be wary of sleeping on it for the first few weeks. I love my tragus piercing and it suits most people. That one did not hurt at all but did take a while to heal. Although everyone’s body is different and heals at different speed x

Pinkglitter123

I used sleeper studs (with ice) to pierce my second and third lobe holes and the top of my ear (it's got a proper name now but I can't remember what it is). The lobes were OK but the top one swelled so badly it swallowed the stud. Getting it out was grim. I did have it re-done with a gun at some point which went better, although I don't have it in anymore.
I had mine done at the top with a gun. Mine swelled and swallowed the stud too. I had to get my husband to take it out. It was so painful

• Sad

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Yes I was thinking of getting it done because of headaches and neck tension.
Did they tell you it's not fully guaranteed? It's only a 50/50 that it works an you still will have a earing to look after should it not work, for me it does an doesn't work, I don't get as many migraines as I used to an my headaches have eased more, but I still do get them especially if am stressed or anxious, but I now get days where I am totally fine which never used to happen, for me I was fine having the earing if it worked or didn't so it wasn't a loss if it didn't totally work out, I'd recommend the bar as well since its easier to clean an won't move as much

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Tragus was my first proper piercing i.e. had to go to a piercing place and it wasn't lobes.

I have had it for almost half my life now and j still think it looks great.

Over the years I have changed the jewelery to suit my style, have gone from a hoop to plain bars and now a bar with a little clear gem 😊

Definitely one of my favourite piercings.
My tragus is my favourite, I've had it for over 10 years now and I've never had a problem with it. I have a helix on the opposite side which took ages to heal but I have no trouble with it now. Only thing is it really would look better with another one above it but I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle! I have a ring in that gives the illusion of a double which has helped.

I'm debating whether to get my nose done next. Never fancied it until I got given a fake ring and thought it looked nice. But as I'm turning 40 soon I don't know whether it just screams mid life crisis?!

Would also like my belly button redoing but that was a traumatic and painful year while I was healing it and it never fully healed before it went manky and I had to take it out 😕 don't think I could go through that again!

Sorry for going off the topic, but did your piercing close up nicely? Mine is relatively new but it is taking a long time to heal, if it rejects I want to take it out but wonder whether it will leave a scar or a hole.
Mine healed pretty much overnight, though I was having issues with it a year after getting it done. Was quite badly scarred at the time because of the way the tissue was starting to break down (I had a tiny hole between the two piercing holes that kept leaking pus and scabbing over 🤢) but a year later the scar is barely visible.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Blue Rose

VIP Member
I had to take out one of my extra lobe piercings because it just won’t heal. There is this irritation bump sort of thing that would not go away no matter what I did. I had two holes done at once, the lower one healed very quickly but the upper one didn’t. All very strange, but I suppose the piercer messed up when doing it because when putting the earring in the upper one, I could feel it was done askew instead of perpendicular to the ear (if that makes sense?). Has anyone had a similar problem? I have always thought lobe piercings were easy to heal.
I had my lobes done at Claire’s with a piercing gun and remember having a lot of problems with them when they healing and for about a year after. That was years ago and I’ve never had any issues since though. I did pierce my double helix with a needle and once it stopped hurting I haven’t really had any issues. The top on did get an irritation bump (I tried to put a hoop in when it hadn’t finished healing 😅) but that went down with time and I used salt water to clean the area. Warm salt water also helps with soreness!

• Heart

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Can anyone help with healing? I had two extra lobe piercings done with a gun (stupid, I know) almost a month ago, and while both holes are healing, one of them is still sore. I saw some pus coming out when I cleaned them today, too.

What bothers me even more is my navel piercing. I had it done with a needle on the same day, it healed alright until recently. Now it looks a bit irritated but it’s not sore or anything. I will put the pictures under a spoiler, can someone tell me if it’s infected or just irritated? I’m mostly worried about scarring, my skin is not prone to particularly bad scars or keloids but it usually takes ages to heal. Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.
[]View attachment 984326
View attachment 984329View attachment 984330

Sorry for nasty and awkward pictures, it’s a tricky place to take a picture of x
I would definitely go back to your piercer. Mine was similar and I didn't due to lockdowns and unfortunately it got worse and ended up having to come out. Go sooner rather than later and I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out

• Heart
Mine heal perfectly. Is tucked inside of your ear so it is easier to heal. Do it.
That sounds great, thank you! 😌 Now I just need to find the right earring. Did you get a bar or a hoop, steel/titanium/gold or…? I’ve read bars are preferable for this type of piercings.

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
I had to take out one of my extra lobe piercings because it just won’t heal. There is this irritation bump sort of thing that would not go away no matter what I did. I had two holes done at once, the lower one healed very quickly but the upper one didn’t. All very strange, but I suppose the piercer messed up when doing it because when putting the earring in the upper one, I could feel it was done askew instead of perpendicular to the ear (if that makes sense?). Has anyone had a similar problem? I have always thought lobe piercings were easy to heal.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
That sounds great, thank you! 😌 Now I just need to find the right earring. Did you get a bar or a hoop, steel/titanium/gold or…? I’ve read bars are preferable for this type of piercings.
I have my conch and got it done with a titanium barbell (got a lil gem in it to add some sass!) The initial one will be long (usually about 10mm), but once it's healed I downsized to 6mm and it fits perfect!
Just be aware if you wear glasses to try and position it so they don't keep knocking it!

• Heart

Bubble And Squeak

This is my new addiction.. was always worried piercings would hurt to much then I got my nose done and didn’t find it sore, so went back a few weeks later and got my rook done, hurt like a bitch getting it done but not had any problems since! Also got 2 on each lobe. Going for helix and tragus next!

HoGi

VIP Member
Left ear - 3 lobe, tragus and daith
Right ear - 2 lobe, conch and forward helix

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I’ve only got one piercing in each ear! Ive been wanting to get more (in my ears) do you have any suggestions!
My favourite of all my ear ones is my conch piercing - it looks cool too and is quite different. Didn’t hurt too much and you can either wear a stud or a ring in it depending on what you prefer :giggle:

HoGi

VIP Member
Do your piercing places offer a service where they replace/change out jewellery? I struggle to change the earring in my helix. I bought a few flatback earrings on Etsy and they refused to put them on as they only deal with certain materials and then he tried to sell me some of their jewellery for 200 euro. Is this this the norm that piercing studios only put on their own jewellery?

I'm not willing to pay 200 euro for an earring and thought places would replace it with my own earring (for a fee).
My local charges £5 for a jewellery change and happy for you to use your own

I think I’m allowed to share this, but I found this website as I can only wear gold in my ear piercings or they go horrible.
I bought the evil eye earrings and they are so nice and really reasonable.

Do your piercing places offer a service where they replace/change out jewellery? I struggle to change the earring in my helix. I bought a few flatback earrings on Etsy and they refused to put them on as they only deal with certain materials and then he tried to sell me some of their jewellery for 200 euro. Is this this the norm that piercing studios only put on their own jewellery?

I'm not willing to pay 200 euro for an earring and thought places would replace it with my own earring (for a fee).
I've certainly seen that, and think it's bad form to be honest. Charge a few quid but for the love of God help a gal out and do a simple change if necessary.

restingbtcface

VIP Member
Try Prontolind spray, I've had similar issues and the spray cleared it right up 🙌
Ooh thank you I’ll have a look
---
You might have been wearing the wrong kind of stud (wrong shape, size, metal). Studs stay in place while rings move and irritate the fresh piercing. I know it’s annoying because rings look cooler in most piercings, but the only two types of piercings that are initially pierced with a hoop/ring are septum and daith. Wearing the wrong kind of jewellery can prolong the healing process, lead to piercing bumps and rejection. There is a good piercing subreddit on Reddit if you want more info.
Thanks, I think I’ve been on Reddit. I have read so much about them. I had the L shaped stud and could not get them back in once it came out