Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heidi88

VIP Member
Do your piercing places offer a service where they replace/change out jewellery? I struggle to change the earring in my helix. I bought a few flatback earrings on Etsy and they refused to put them on as they only deal with certain materials and then he tried to sell me some of their jewellery for 200 euro. Is this this the norm that piercing studios only put on their own jewellery?

I'm not willing to pay 200 euro for an earring and thought places would replace it with my own earring (for a fee).

HoGi

VIP Member
I want to even up my lobe piercings (2 in one ear and 3 in the other)

I also would love an inner lobe piercing but not sure my lobes are big enough.

I always intended to have double forward helix so need to get my second one of them done too

Yaddayaddayadda

I’ve got far too many to count,
Right ear - daith, tragus, forward helix, conch x 2, then 6 holes on my lobes (normally just leave top 3 in).
Left ear - lobes x 3 and outer conch.
Going to work on my left ear next year as I was told by my piercer to do one ear at a time. Not going to lie as much as I like my piercings I hate having to sleep on a travel pillow 😂😂😂

tspnwn

I have 3x lobe piercings in both ears and an industrial/scaffold on my left ear, thinking about some kind of cartilage piercing on my right ear to make them look more balanced. I don't really want a second industrial as it took sooo long to heal! Any suggestions what might "go" nicely?

Jessy725

Left ear: 3 lobes, one tragus, one helix and a rook. Some posters above said their rook was a little bitch, but that one was actually my easiest and least painful one!

right ear: 1 forward helix and 4 lobes = 2 normal ones and 2 upper lobes. Would like to get a daith and a conch still in this ear.

Geranium

VIP Member
Four lobe piercings and a cartilage piercing on my right side. Three lobes and my tragus on my left. The tragus was the easiest and least painful. The cartilage still hurts randomly from time to time.
I would have had more I think except I got sepsis (not from a piercing) and didn’t want to risk any infections. My cartilage got infected and took ages to heal.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Really craving a new ear piercing! Anyone heard of or have a faux snug (basically a high conch and mid helix to look like one bar)? I think they look really cool and are apparently much easier to heal than a regular one! Either that or a forward helix 😄

NP

VIP Member
I only have each lobe pierced but mine are stretched. Only 8mm at the moment. Went up to 20mm before but took them out for a bit and they shrunk. Would love a scaffold but I’m a bit of a wimp.

restingbtcface

VIP Member
Sounds like a piercing bump. You are not supposed to wear a ring until your piercing is fully healed (it can take up to 9-12 months with cartilage piercings). I’d suggest consulting a reputable piercer, they will probably tell you to change the ring back to a stud (titanium only) and clean the piercing twice a day with saline spray.
Nooooo studs just don’t stay in my nose & I had a bump with them as well. I did think it was weird how the original piercer insisted on studs only to start with then another piercer said rings are fine

Obviously the safest option is going to a professional where they should use a needle. I remember getting my lobes done with a piercing gun when I was 8 and still remember how much that hurt. Recently I did my helix myself with a sewing needle and that hurt a lot less, despite it going through cartilage. If you are going to pierce yourself use a needle.
Damn you brave! I’ve pierced my lobes with a needle but I’m way too wimpy to do cartilage myself!

I recently got my 2nd lobes, a helix and a flat. They seem to be healing well.
I want to change the lobe earrings, do we think 8 weeks is enough?
I think you can probably have a little feel and tell tbh, I had a 3rd lobe piercing 5 weeks ago and I can feel it’s not healed enough to change it yet.