Dry January 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No massive signs of improvement with my kitty other than I did get him to eat for the first time in 2 days, I am a vegetarian but I bought some chicken and cooked it for him and he ate the lot 😸 and washed it down with some cat milk, the vets said if he doesn’t improve with the antibiotics and anti inflammatories they want to refer him for a neurological/spinal examination and tests. It is so hard seeing him this poorly as he’s only 7 and usually so full of life 😢 just praying he turns a corner as I really don’t want him to have to have surgery. I’ve decided if he makes a recovery without having to be referred and then god knows what I will have a drink to celebrate 🥂
I am also vegetarian and we get a chicken for our cats. I hope he gets better soon, its so worrying when our pets are ill. You can have a drink to celebrate when hes better and nobody would blame you xx Him eating is a good sign though x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you for the kind messages 💕

I’ve slept terribly the last two nights and even woke up with a banging headache this morning, it actually felt like a hangover 😂 just sat having a Becks Blue, 20 days tomorrow guys then 3 weeks on Thursday! I don’t know why but the 10 day stretch after that just feels so long 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
its so hard not to drink when someone else sitting next to you is drinking! Also, have you noticed that almost every food programm is revolving around alcohol: that so and so dish will go wonderfully together with white Sauvignon, the recipe cards in the shops: why don’t you try it with Shiraz 2008 available from this...etc. The bleeding lockdown doesn’t help either. But, it’s less Than 2 weeks to go, the intention is to stay dry until the end of Feb. Stay strong everyone xx

• Heart
Sorry guys, fallen off the wagon tonight. Doggo passed in my arms. I’m devastated and have had a drink.

Not going to detail the thread - I’m going to add another week onto my dry January to make up for it!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks everyone, it's the worst part of having pets and it never gets any easier!

I had a couple and now firmly back on the wagon. We're SO close to finishing January!

I found the first 10 days a struggle which I think is understandable considering my drinking had really become an every day habit, but now I really do feel I can take it or leave it. I don't feel that 5pm 'ooh it must be wine o'clock' pull any more, which is good!

How is everyone else getting on?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks everyone, it's the worst part of having pets and it never gets any easier!

I had a couple and now firmly back on the wagon. We're SO close to finishing January!

I found the first 10 days a struggle which I think is understandable considering my drinking had really become an every day habit, but now I really do feel I can take it or leave it. I don't feel that 5pm 'ooh it must be wine o'clock' pull any more, which is good!

I feel for you @fluffyglitterbug it really is the worst thing in the world, I hope you are doing alright ❤ do not blame you at all for having a drink yesterday.

Can’t believe it’s day 20! Tbh I could murder a drink but I’m not going to especially as I need to be on standby for any possible emergency vet runs. I feel like I’ve dealt with the cat situation a lot better than I normally would, usually I lash out at my partner when it’s really not his fault, I just take my emotions out on him. I just keep reminding myself that having a drink will do nothing to improve the situation. I noticed yesterday Morrison’s have the Gordon’s non alcoholic gin for £12 if anyone is wanting to try it. It’s a no from me still 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry guys, fallen off the wagon tonight. Doggo passed in my arms. I’m devastated and have had a drink.

Not going to detail the thread - I’m going to add another week onto my dry January to make up for it!
So sorry to hear about your beloved ball of fur... heartbreaking x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

So sorry for your loss .You must be heartbroken . Have a big drink in his honour ,you deserve it. Take care of yourself .

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Oh my god I am so so so sorry to hear that. Sending you a lot of love and hugs. Can’t imagine how you must be feeling x

I feel for you @fluffyglitterbug it really is the worst thing in the world, I hope you are doing alright ❤ do not blame you at all for having a drink yesterday.

Can’t believe it’s day 20! Tbh I could murder a drink but I’m not going to especially as I need to be on standby for any possible emergency vet runs. I feel like I’ve dealt with the cat situation a lot better than I normally would, usually I lash out at my partner when it’s really not his fault, I just take my emotions out on him. I just keep reminding myself that having a drink will do nothing to improve the situation. I noticed yesterday Morrison’s have the Gordon’s non alcoholic gin for £12 if anyone is wanting to try it. It’s a no from me still 🤣
I hope your kitty starts to feel better. If he’s eating the chicken though that’s a good sign I hope! Have you tried him on those terrine / mousse style of foods for a little while. They are especially pungent and fishy so may make him want to eat!

I haven’t been well this week - I’ve had a migraine and the after effects which include nausea. So I really haven’t been craving booze. I got to last night and really fancied a drink so had an alcohol free Stella and it stopped me craving it anymore. Looking forward to feeling fresh this weekend. My husband and I have decided to stop our parties now unless it’s birthdays and celebrations as that is deffo what was encouraging bad habits. Going to swap to watching a film with a bottle of wine if we fancy it. Definitely feel determined to change my habits.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh my god I am so so so sorry to hear that. Sending you a lot of love and hugs. Can’t imagine how you must be feeling x

I hope your kitty starts to feel better. If he’s eating the chicken though that’s a good sign I hope! Have you tried him on those terrine / mousse style of foods for a little while. They are especially pungent and fishy so may make him want to eat!

I haven’t been well this week - I’ve had a migraine and the after effects which include nausea. So I really haven’t been craving booze. I got to last night and really fancied a drink so had an alcohol free Stella and it stopped me craving it anymore. Looking forward to feeling fresh this weekend. My husband and I have decided to stop our parties now unless it’s birthdays and celebrations as that is deffo what was encouraging bad habits. Going to swap to watching a film with a bottle of wine if we fancy it. Definitely feel determined to change my habits.
Thank you ❤ yeah I bought him some of the terrines but he wasn’t interested, he is still going with the odd bit of chicken though. He’s still poorly and not moving much but he does seem a lot less agitated and relaxed the last 24 hours at least. We are back at the vets again this afternoon.

Sorry to hear you haven’t been well, hope you’re feeling better now. I’ve never had a migraine but know they are horrendous.

We are same as you, definitely need to start being more high days and holidays rather than getting absolutely out of our box just cos it’s Friday night. Lockdown has a lot to answer for. We used to go out and have maybe 6 drinks tops at the pub then come back and get a takeaway or have some frozen pizzas and that would be it for drinks. I used to sometimes insist on stopping at the shop to get beers and I’d literally have half of one then they’d sit in the fridge for weeks as we never drank at home. It’s dangerous how easy it is to sit and get far too pissed in your pyjamas just cos you know you don’t have to navigate getting home or worry about making a tit of yourself.

Reactions: 2

Sorry for your loss ❤ Dogs/pets are family. I would've fallen of the wagon too.

I am still doing this Dry January. I am now at the point that I feel really miserable. Just didn't realise how much drinking at the weekends makes me feel happy. With being in lockdown and not much to look forward too. Nearly over. I am doing it because I know my husband thinks I can't 😂 He's even tried to buy me bottles of wine.

Thank you ❤ yeah I bought him some of the terrines but he wasn’t interested, he is still going with the odd bit of chicken though. He’s still poorly and not moving much but he does seem a lot less agitated and relaxed the last 24 hours at least. We are back at the vets again this afternoon.

Sorry to hear you haven’t been well, hope you’re feeling better now. I’ve never had a migraine but know they are horrendous.

We are same as you, definitely need to start being more high days and holidays rather than getting absolutely out of our box just cos it’s Friday night. Lockdown has a lot to answer for. We used to go out and have maybe 6 drinks tops at the pub then come back and get a takeaway or have some frozen pizzas and that would be it for drinks. I used to sometimes insist on stopping at the shop to get beers and I’d literally have half of one then they’d sit in the fridge for weeks as we never drank at home. It’s dangerous how easy it is to sit and get far too pissed in your pyjamas just cos you know you don’t have to navigate getting home or worry about making a tit of yourself.

Honestly you two are exactly like us hahaha. We used to do exactly the same!!!! Go to the pub and just sit there and then on the way back get a couple of beers and never ever drink them. I loved being able to just put a bit of slap on even though we just went to our local. When I’m at home with the sole purpose of getting wasted I drink to huge excess, whereas if I’m out with my friends I’m a lot more conscious about getting home and being safe. There’s something about having music on that gets me over excited so definitely just keeping it for high days and holidays.

• Heart
An update on my fur boy, things are looking up ❤ really want to have a drink like I said I would do but trying to talk myself out of it. I know I’ll feel like I’ve ruined it tomorrow 🙈

• Heart
An update on my fur boy, things are looking up ❤ really want to have a drink like I said I would do but trying to talk myself out of it. I know I’ll feel like I’ve ruined it tomorrow 🙈
Oh that's brilliant news @SpiceWeasel, I'm so happy for you! Save the drink for 9 days time. SO close to the finish!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.