Dry January 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am intending to go through the Feb too, I did it last year, I’ll give it a try again.

Reactions: 7
It’s awful isn’t it! I just sit there like do people genuinely enjoy watching this tit??? Haha I have Sims 4 on my boyfriend’s PlayStation and I occasionally boot up my old Stone Age laptop and play Sims 3 on there too 🤣 I have never grown out of playing it it’s a proper guilty pleasure! It reminds me of rainy half term days when I never got out of my pyjamas and just simpler times in general.

Thank you! Fingers crossed 🤞🏻😻
Omg I love sims 4 but my son has his xbox in his room and refuses to let me play his sims 4 alone. When I play it he spends the whole time bossing me around.

Reactions: 1
Two more days and I'll be able to take a much needed drink of Jacob's Creek!

Because of prohibition here in South Africa, which has been in place since the New Year, and is due to carry on indefinitely, I've had to give up living here and return to my second home in England, just for the sake of a friggin' drink! :(
I finally managed to return to England last Saturday/Sunday - a week later than expected - and despite having to go into self-isolation for 10 days, I was so glad to be able to take a drink of Jacob's Creek when I got home. And legally as well!

So my "Dry January" was a complete failure, but perhaps next month I will make a better effort :giggle:

Reactions: 6
So will everyone be having their first drink on the 1st of Feb or the 31st of January?!

Reactions: 2
So will everyone be having their first drink on the 1st of Feb or the 31st of January?!
I think I’m actually going to try and make it until I move house (March) and have a proper reason for it. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 8
I’m going to keep going. Ideally until my birthday in April but for now im going to try and get through Feb and see how that goes.

Husband told me he is drinking this weekend as he has done 4 full weekends of sober.

I am planning on going to Feb and then after that only drinking on weekends so i will be going to 5th/6th Feb. And then I am only gonna buy one bottle of wine a week maximum.

I would love to try and do one or two weekends a month sober too moving forward. I don't even miss boozing anymore.

Reactions: 6
My boyfriend asked me if I want to have a drink again on Thursday or at the weekend. I genuinely don't feel bothered, the AF beers satisfy my beer cravings and I think Aldi had to open an extra vineyard to produce all the Prosecco I drank last year, I'm a bit sick of it tbh it gives me heartburn! I feel like I'd just be drinking for the sake of it. I actually can't believe how much we drank last year now having been off it these last few weeks.

What I would really like is a freshly poured pint from the local micro brewery but that isn't happening any time soon! They do sell cans but they're the same price as what you would pay for a pint and it's just not the same having it at home.

I was speaking to my mum yesterday and she was telling me about how she had yet again hardly slept the night before. I said 'Well, you could try cutting out booze for a while, it honestly would make a world of difference' I could practically hear her rolling her eyes, she said 'well actually I did have one of my days where I totally go without and that's what happened' I was like 'no, I don't mean just one night I mean like an extended period, you know a week or two'. All I got to that was a sarky laugh and a 'hmm'. She's 70 years old so I guess she won't change. It annoys me though as she always goes on about how bad she sleeps but won't even give it a go.
She is a nightmare when she comes to stay, she has to have a drink in her hand by 5pm and if you don't pour yourself one she'll say 'isn't anyone joining me???' in an almost threatening tone then goes in a mood if you don't and acts like you don't know how to live even if it's a Tuesday night and you've got work the next day! We have quite a strained relationship so I try not to drink too much around her anyway as I find it a lot harder to bite my tongue. She was here over Christmas, arrived Christmas Eve and left on the 27th (social bubble), I ended up drinking too much from stress in anticipation of her arrival, self medicating while she was here and then drinking to relieve the stress after she'd left, so all in all a week long bender! Must find better ways of dealing with it this year, although I do remember saying to my boyfriend 'this is NOT happening next year, next year we are going to be lay on a beach somewhere warm on Christmas Day drinking cocktails' 😂

• Haha
Husband told me he is drinking this weekend as he has done 4 full weekends of sober.

I am planning on going to Feb and then after that only drinking on weekends so i will be going to 5th/6th Feb. And then I am only gonna buy one bottle of wine a week maximum.

I would love to try and do one or two weekends a month sober too moving forward. I don't even miss boozing anymore.
This is what I’m going to do. I am going to have a drink this Saturday as I am genuinely really fancying one and we are doing a zoom party for my mother in law. I caved and had a boozey night the week before last so I haven’t stuck to a full dry jan but this is the least I have drunk in years. To say by the end of jan I have only drank on two days is honestly a huge step for me. I am 100% going to go to drinking every other week now. I feel like I’ve really got into the swing of it and it hasn’t been difficult at all. The alcohol free beers I have had have completely stopped any cravings I have had and I actually only end up having two at a time because I think my body gets the craving or the taste of the beer rather than the feeling of being pissed. In all seriousness I think I could’ve done the whole of jan because I ended up kicking myself for caving the other Saturday because I wasn’t particularly that fussed when it came to it. I’m going into an intense new job with some intense training so I really want to benefit from the clear head. I think what I have learnt from this is I enjoy the taste of alcohol. I enjoy a good beer or an ice cold bottle of cava, I don’t actually particularly enjoy being drunk. I think I always thought it was the feeling of being drunk that I enjoyed and I haven’t missed that in the slightest!

• Heart
I haven't had a drink since new years eve and now I'm scared of having one and feeling like tit on the next day :LOL:. Really debating going tea total :oops:

Reactions: 5
I haven't had a drink since new years eve and now I'm scared of having one and feeling like tit on the next day :LOL:. Really debating going tea total :oops:
Same here, the aim is to stick it out as long as I can. the trouble is If we are still in this bleeding lockdown till summer and the weather is nice and garden is so cosy and inviting, then I will drink like no tomorrow. I literally turned into every day drinker during the 1st lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Woohoo I lost a total of 5lb this month 😄 ironically the week I had a slip up I lost the most 🤣 definitely wouldn’t have lost that if I was drinking though, obviously not having the extra calories from the booze but I’ve had so much more energy for exercise and not been lay on the couch eating beige crap. Still had my weekly Chinese takeaway and veggie Sunday roast too 😊

Woohoo I lost a total of 5lb this month 😄 ironically the week I had a slip up I lost the most 🤣 definitely wouldn’t have lost that if I was drinking though, obviously not having the extra calories from the booze but I’ve had so much more energy for exercise and not been lay on the couch eating beige crap. Still had my weekly Chinese takeaway and veggie Sunday roast too 😊
Lucky you!! That’s great and I bet you feel so good for it. I haven’t lost a bloody thing 🤣! It’s been that time of the month so I think I’ll double check on Friday!

Lucky you!! That’s great and I bet you feel so good for it. I haven’t lost a bloody thing 🤣! It’s been that time of the month so I think I’ll double check on Friday!
Thank you! Hahaha it’s been mine too so I was shocked to even see a loss this morning, usually throws it right out! I have lost 11lbs in total since the start of November so it’s been gradual and Christmas binge drinking saw me gain 4lb back but I’ve just dug out a ‘before’ photo the day I started actively trying to lose weight and I can actually see a difference! 😊

• Heart
I was thinking of trying to see it through til lockdown has ended and things start to open up - can't wait to have a nice bottle of wine or cocktail in a real bar or hotel! The longer I go without drinking, the less I want to drink.

• Heart
I was thinking of trying to see it through til lockdown has ended and things start to open up - can't wait to have a nice bottle of wine or cocktail in a real bar or hotel! The longer I go without drinking, the less I want to drink.
Apparently it’s going to be May 3rd!

Thank you! Hahaha it’s been mine too so I was shocked to even see a loss this morning, usually throws it right out! I have lost 11lbs in total since the start of November so it’s been gradual and Christmas binge drinking saw me gain 4lb back but I’ve just dug out a ‘before’ photo the day I started actively trying to lose weight and I can actually see a difference! 😊
Well done you. That’s a great achievement, especially in lockdown!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.