Drag Race UK #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Bimini killed that final runway and lipsync.

I'm not going to comment on the winner. As far as I'm concerned, the other three were the only finalists and I've already forgotten the other one.

Reactions: 6
Idk about you but my top 3 were Bimini, Tayce and Awhora (honourable mentions to Cherry and Veronica for both going too soon🖤🖤)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
OMG I am shook!! Got loads of gossip to catch up on here so apologies if I’ve missed things that have already been said... loved the winner the entire season but definitely shocked and did not expect that result at all!

How come people on Reddit are saying the other person (hopefully you all know who I mean - don’t know how to do spoiler tags) is the real winner? Has there been a development since this finale? Ahhhh so much to think about 🤣🙈

Either way - fantastic season and I loved every episode. Can’t wait til RDUK S3

Reactions: 3
Well, I was pleased the winner won but I really wanted Tayce to win, even though there was no chance. Just purely how happy she would make me feel in her interviews.

Reactions: 11
I really like all of the finalists but to say I was shocked at the outcome would be an understatement. I definitely had the same thoughts as a lot of us did about who would take the crown. Side note though, I thought Ellie looked absolutely gorgeous in that final runway. Her hair, make up and dress looked so pretty. I loved watching Tayce tonight too. She killed the choreography and it was great to see her enjoying herself.

Reactions: 15
Result aside, I hope Lawrence thanked Ellie for her guidance in the last singing / dance challenge? Nothing was shown but that was really classy of Ellie to help her out and highlight her strengths when she was struggling, I loved that 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I AM SO MAD WHAT THE duck

Bimini is drag race royalty through and through!

Tonight my bf watched with me for first time and said ‘why did they laugh when all that one say was hi babes?’ I said ‘oh cos she’s Scottish so apparently literally EVERYTHING she says is hilarious’
Thank you for saying this I couldn’t agree more, at least make the favouritism less obvious:sleep: Lawrence’s attitude as we got closer to the end really pissed me off, can’t just drop the whole running order from Ellie can you? Also tiny little thing but I noticed Lawrence not clapping when Ellie was sent to the back of the stage ... funny cos I thought you were meant to stick together being Scottish and ‘bezzie mates’ and all that big speech you made (yes I know could be editing etc but I just don’t like her vibe one bit). Seeing her struggle to think of her own dance moves and having a little strop doesn’t make you the next UK Drag Race Winner, sorry just my opinion.

Reactions: 17
Shouted bullshit at the tv when they announced Lawrence. Bimini was definitely robbed! I know it’s judged on the whole competition but I don’t know how they can have a winner who was constantly two steps behind in the performance.

Reactions: 10
Robbed! I like Lawrence but Bimini was the major talent of the season! What I don't get is the narrative of the second half of the season was so clearly Lawrence faltering and doubting himself and Bimini going from strength to strength so....wtf? Did they think Lawrence would be better for the TV show or what?

Still a great season, and lovely to see all the queens onstage dancing together. Had huge respect for them all after watching Queens in Lockdown and seeing what they've all had to deal with. Heartwarming way to honour a season jam packed with talent!

Reactions: 8
Robbed! I like Lawrence but Bimini was the major talent of the season! What I don't get is the narrative of the second half of the season was so clearly Lawrence faltering and doubting himself and Bimini going from strength to strength so....wtf? Did they think Lawrence would be better for the TV show or what?

Still a great season, and lovely to see all the queens onstage dancing together. Had huge respect for them all after watching Queens in Lockdown and seeing what they've all had to deal with. Heartwarming way to honour a season jam packed with talent!
It was really clear throughout that Ru and the judges had taken a liking to Lawrence. We didn't see that as much with Bimini so I'm sure that made a massive difference with the outcome if nothing else

Reactions: 6
It was really clear throughout that Ru and the judges had taken a liking to Lawrence. We didn't see that as much with Bimini so I'm sure that made a massive difference with the outcome if nothing else
Yeah, it was clear that Ru favoured Lawrence, if not the other judges....but at the same time the strengths of Bimini were highlighted week after week, so it's a strange editing choice is my point.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, it was clear that Ru favoured Lawrence, if not the other judges....but at the same time the strengths of Bimini were highlighted week after week, so it's a strange editing choice is my point.
The editing was very hit or miss. Bimini was doing extremely well after lockdown but i feel like they were quite quiet and not being given as much airtime for some reason. Lawrence's editing was odd too, they were made to look like they were falling apart towards the end but clearly that wasn't what Rupaul saw 🤔 even last weeks challenge, Lawrence was made to look a total mess but was completely fine in the final cut.

Reactions: 15
I actually think Tayce deserved way more praise and respect this series. Her confessionals carried the series! And what a stunning face! And lip sync assassin! I get the impression that Ru didn’t like her for some reason? Weird

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Thank you for saying this I couldn’t agree more, at least make the favouritism less obvious:sleep: Lawrence’s attitude as we got closer to the end really pissed me off, can’t just drop the whole running order from Ellie can you? Also tiny little thing but I noticed Lawrence not clapping when Ellie was sent to the back of the stage ... funny cos I thought you were meant to stick together being Scottish and ‘bezzie mates’ and all that big speech you made (yes I know could be editing etc but I just don’t like her vibe one bit). Seeing her struggle to think of her own dance moves and having a little strop doesn’t make you the next UK Drag Race Winner, sorry just my opinion.
👏👏👏👏. I literally just said this to my bf - Lawrence, get out of your own ass and clap for Ellie, FGS. I loved Ellie in this episode, hyping up Chaney and helping. Ellie was the standout of this ep for me!

Sidenote: What's going on with DRUS? There are about 10 of them still in and I can't name one 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe that, I’m shocked. Even my bf is shocked he’s pissed off tayce didn’t win😂 tayce was always a winner in my eyes but I would have still liked Bimini to win as they would have deserved it. I’m just a bit shocked at who won (not saying he doesn’t deserve it but I thought the other two in the top three have performed better overall), I suppose Ru had a soft spot for Lawrence from the beginning though...

Reactions: 3

I mean I get maybe to American judges/audiences the Scottish accent might be really funny but when you’re from the UK you are literally surrounded by Scottish people so it’s not a novelty ffs 😭 yes I get Scottish people can be HILAIRE and Lawrence did have her moment tbf, it just bugged me she would say ‘hi ru Paul’ and Ru would be like HAHAHAHAHAOMFG - know your audience!!

also did anyone catch when Alan or graham made a reference to Claires Accessories and ru and Michelle were pissing themselves - I was like witch do you even know what Claires is? 😂 do they have it in America?

I do really cringe at Michelle trying to act like she is a fully fledged British person throwing out any welsh name she knows ‘is Newport near the valleys?’ Imagine being like ‘oh is LA near New York?’ 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I mean I get maybe to American judges/audiences the Scottish accent might be really funny but when you’re from the UK you are literally surrounded by Scottish people so it’s not a novelty ffs 😭 yes I get Scottish people can be HILAIRE and Lawrence did have her moment tbf, it just bugged me she would say ‘hi ru Paul’ and Ru would be like HAHAHAHAHAOMFG - know your audience!!

also did anyone catch when Alan or graham made a reference to Claires Accessories and ru and Michelle were pissing themselves - I was like witch do you even know what Claires is? 😂 do they have it in America?

I do really cringe at Michelle trying to act like she is a fully fledged British person throwing out any welsh name she knows ‘is Newport near the valleys?’ Imagine being like ‘oh is LA near New York?’ 😂😂
They do have Claires cos I got my ear pierced there in florida one year 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.