Dr Shayk Umar al- quadri

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting well ahead of herself if she thinks Michelle will publicly call out anything, intimidation is something we all live with here, nothing to do with the colour of our skin, resources are scarce , waiting lists are long.
---
They must be sweeping her frequent Kenyan visits under the mat…That’s a senator she’s dining with, same on that went to her inauguration.
---
Really is a joke.

Reactions: 1
Really is a joke.
It’s the demanding feel of the posts 🙄 why does she think bringing in the world’s problems is going to solve ours ??…Don’t know if the council, SDLP or herself have went above themselves getting her mayoral engagements but she’s attended more in her short term as mayor than the rest of them have in their entire year in office.

Last edited:
Wait till Vlad sees this 😂
Is this what they call a ‘false flag’? Or a ‘spy op’? I’m not sure which term is correct lol. But clearly Russia is aligning with a lot of countries that Umar aligns with based on that big conference they had the other week. It’s a bizzare situation. Basically it seems like we are heading towards WW3.

I’ve not idea who this is but if came up in FYP.
And you know I would view myself NI/British but it is an interesting perspective on things. I don’t agree with everything here in terms of the narrative but I like to look at different perspectives.

And you know I would view myself NI/British but it is an interesting perspective on things. I don’t agree with everything here in terms of the narrative but I like to look at different perspectives.

Wouldn’t the same apply to every culture? There’s obviously certain traits that make you different or else the world would be culturally neutral 😂 there seems to be a big issue with people who identify as Irish but not with people who identify as any other culture 🤷🏼‍♀️

Actually I have just read a couple of his other posts and I am thinking wtf. I do think Irishness is complicated, I did one of those DNA things and got 36% Irish and 50% Scottish and the rest was France I think. But obviously I was brought up British. I’ve no idea what this makes me.

Actually I have just read a couple of his other posts and I am thinking wtf. I do think Irishness is complicated, I did one of those DNA things and got 36% Irish and 50% Scottish and the rest was France I think. But obviously I was brought up British. I’ve no idea what this makes me.
Is it not your inherited beliefs, values, religion, traits that your family have passed to you from their own cultural heritage?…I would have no affiliation with England at all ,our family hails from Donegal .

Wouldn’t the same apply to every culture? There’s obviously certain traits that make you different or else the world would be culturally neutral 😂 there seems to be a big issue with people who identify as Irish but not with people who identify as any other culture 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah I think culture has a part to play. And a large part of the Irish culture is the Irish culture.
I remember last year on tik tok there was this whole thing of Americans giving off about British and Irish Chinese dishes. But then I found a post explaining that the reasons for certain dishes were largely due to the produce available which was similar in USA which is also not as authentic as it thinks it is but it is all due to assimilation of the area and culture you are in.
---
Is it not your inherited beliefs, values, religion, traits that your family have passed to you from their own cultural heritage?…I would have no affiliation with England at all our family hails from Donegal .
I have no affiliation with England as such other than I ‘feel’ British, whatever that means but I would identify as ‘NI’ first. I feel more affiliation with the Scottishness as I have family from there. Don’t know who my grandfather is on my dad’s side but I think that is the Irish side.(that’s the part I am interested in) The “English” part of the DNA was negligible in comparison.
(you know I love the royals though 😂)

Yeah I think culture has a part to play. And a large part of the Irish culture is the Irish culture.
I remember last year on tik tok there was this whole thing of Americans giving off about British and Irish Chinese dishes. But then I found a post explaining that the reasons for certain dishes were largely due to the produce available which was similar in USA which is also not as authentic as it thinks it is but it is all due to assimilation of the area and culture you are in.
---

I have no affiliation with England as such other than I ‘feel’ British, whatever that means but I would identify as ‘NI’ first. I feel more affiliation with the Scottishness as I have family from there. Don’t know who my grandfather is on my dad’s side but I think that is the Irish side.(that’s the part I am interested in) The “English” part of the DNA was negligible in comparison.
(you know I love the royals though 😂)
I just see the north as another part of Ireland, I don’t see any Britishness about it at all but then it’s down to our different communities taking on the traditions our ancestors bestowed us , that’s what culture is, is it not? You can’t learn culture it’s just something you’re born into, it’s family values.
---
I’d imagine Umars children although born and raised in Ireland would be raised in the Pakistani culture? Don’t think they’d be out enjoying a Guinness and fag after their spuds, bacon and cabbage dinner 😂

I just see the north as another part of Ireland, I don’t see any Britishness about it at all but then it’s down to our different communities taking on the traditions our ancestors bestowed us , that’s what culture is, is it not? You can’t learn culture it’s just something you’re born into, it’s family values.
Yeah, I suppose to counter that prior to 1921 any unionist wouldn’t have a problem with being called Irish? I’m just hypothesising here btw. You know I am an NI fan and up to about 1950 (I think) NI were known as ‘Ireland’ at national tournaments. (And I know there are issues with how the changes came about) but it is a funny world we live in where someone who has lived in the country for 10 years or less ‘feels’ Irish and feels like they know everything about it and can preach when the history is a lot more complicated than that.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I suppose to counter that prior to 1921 any unionist wouldn’t have a problem with being called Irish? I’m just hypothesising here btw. You know I am an NI fan and up to about 1950 (I think) NI were known as ‘Ireland’ at national tournaments. (And I know there are issues with how the changes came about) but it is a funny world we live in where someone who has lived in the country for 10 years or less ‘feels’ Irish and feels like they know everything about it and can preach when the history is a lot more complicated than that.
Yeah , I’m just using our two situations as an example it goes a lot deeper than just being born in a country it very much a generational thing for me .My great grandparents would’ve been born in what is now the republic but partition made them British on paper only , it didn’t change them culturally.

Last edited:
Yeah , I’m just using our two situations as an example it goes a lot deeper than just being born in a country it very much a generational thing for me .My great grandparents would’ve been born in what is now the republic but partition made them British on paper only , it didn’t change them culturally.
Yeah, I never thought I would be reclaiming Irishness but when I see someone who moved here in their late 20’s? Proclaiming to know to be the most Irish person who has ever lived and fells they can lecture Irish people I kind of think wtf. There are a million things we can do better but at least we aren’t doing FGM.

Yeah, I never thought I would be reclaiming Irishness but when I see someone who moved here in their late 20’s? Proclaiming to know to be the most Irish person who has ever lived and fells they can lecture Irish people I kind of think wtf. There are a million things we can do better but at least we aren’t doing FGM.
Try as she might I can’t see anything in African culture that’s similar to ours, don’t see why people get offended by that, we’re entitled to our own affiliations just like everyone else.

Try as she might I can’t see anything in African culture that’s similar to ours, don’t see why people get offended by that, we’re entitled to our own affiliations just like everyone else.
You know ‘the sash’ the original song has origins in both cultures from a musical perspective? Obviously when certain lyrics get added it means something other than the other but it was a folk tune long before it became what it is today. As I’m sure are other tunes.

You know ‘the sash’ the original song has origins in both cultures from a musical perspective? Obviously when certain lyrics get added it means something other than the other but it was a folk tune long before it became what it is today. As I’m sure are other tunes.
In Africa?
---

In Africa?
---
No- the actual music from the song was used across all cultures prior to the sash- I only know this from a uni course module I did.
I actually think it would be good to learn about black history- but when prods/catholics still aren’t event learning about their own history/perspectives and shared culture is this the priority?

No- the actual music from the song was used across all cultures prior to the sash- I only know this from a uni course module I did.
I actually think it would be good to learn about black history- but when prods/catholics still aren’t event learning about their own history/perspectives and shared culture is this the priority?
Wouldn’t they have to extend it to more than black history if that’s the case? We only learn about white history because that’s the background we come from, in a school where 99.9 % of pupils are white why would they incorporate into the curriculum? as opposed to learning about different cultures around the world like they do in normal lessons anyway.

Wouldn’t they have to extend it to more than black history if that’s the case? We only learn about white history because that’s the background we come from, in a school where 99.9 % of pupils are white why would they incorporate into the curriculum?
I had to choose between gcse history and geography and chose geography. I did A level politics and they were talking about the McCarthy witch-hunts and then half the class started taking the piss out of me because I was thinking about the old witch hunts from the 1700-1800s and not the communist ones from the 50’s -60’s 🥲

at least I know how to get earth worms to come out of a quadrant of soil.

• Haha
I had to choose between gcse history and geography and chose geography. I did A level politics and they were talking about the McCarthy witch-hunts and then half the class started taking the piss out of me because I was thinking about the old witch hunts from the 1700-1800s and not the communist ones from the 50’s -60’s 🥲

at least I know how to get earth worms to come out of a quadrant of soil.
Well my sons learning Chinese next term Mr Chang will be proud 😂..They do lots of cultural celebrations at his school that aren’t part of the curriculum but still educational…He loves geography got 100% on his summer exam.