Dr Lisa Cunningham

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never ceases to amaze me. I think she has no insight into her own behaviour if she’s pontificating like she is at present.

journalism is essential work as it’s about spreading awareness and keeping the public uptodate. The journalists are outside government buildings too which is outside their 5K.

I was sceptical about the show last night and had a few peeves, I wondered was is right to have a journalist walk through ED and learn how to put on PPE. But then they said that some relatives will make it in to say a goodbye to a loved one and they will have to put on all the PPE. Also, lots of people chilling at home right now are yet to become sick, if seeing the PPE and isolation rooms in advance helped to reduce some of the shock in coming into hospital- I think that is helpful.

I have a brother who always wants to come to my parents house for lunch/ dinner. Lately they told him it’s not safe but he arrived at their door anyway and they don’t want to fight with him. It upsets me so much because my dad is in the vulnerable group. I think the ICU nurse was amazing at delivering the message of how important it is to never ever leave your guard down. I’m going to ask my parents and brother to watch it on the player.

now let’s just pretend that Lisa didn’t sneak into Ireland through Belfast while illegally leaving a tier 4 area after she preached about covid for months to thousands of people... let’s just pretend that didn’t happen.

When we were in lockdown 1, didn’t she travel across the country to appear on the late late so she could imitate that cat that got the queen (mad for the attention)?! So did she not travel? Was her appearance in person really that helpful to the public? Could it not have been virtual- zoom etc?

I think she declared she was against the Claire Byrne show yesterday and just like when she broke travel restrictions before Christmas- she wasn’t going to admit she was wrong.

fact- show was actually tastefully done.

fact- Lisa is a hypocrite in so many ways it’s not even funny.

I find her the opposite of genuine now and yet she keeps up this “Cailin Mammy of the people” and never misses an opportunity to try and garner sympathy.

it’s nauseating!
I really liked Lisa, but given all of these points (which can't be disputed) it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think you either need to preach about the guidelines, and follow them, or get off the pedestal, because you can't in all conscience do both

Reactions: 9
I really liked Lisa, but given all of these points (which can't be disputed) it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think you either need to preach about the guidelines, and follow them, or get off the pedestal, because you can't in all conscience do both
Completely agree I would have been the same but you can't say it's wrong for one person to do something when you have done it yourself.

Reactions: 8
She's lost all credibility for me with her carry-on. She is the absolute last person that should be preaching about following Covid guidelines- the hypocrisy!

Reactions: 7
She was on her stories earlier defending her opinion. What part can she not understand that she is in no position to criticise.

Also she's not part of Ireland's health service right now, she will be again but for now she's not a part of what we're going through. She's a sideline observer who also has broken and will continue to break our restrictions.
I can understand why due to her circumstances but I don't get why she thinks she's ok to judge the people on that show when she's not in their shoes but is more than happy to make exceptions for herself.

On another note, if she did come back positive in a time frame that impacted her trips home, will she show us that test?

Reactions: 6
I am so tempted to comment on Dr Alex George’s insta about her breaking lockdown rules since the beginning. His followers licking up her hole and she loving every minute. I’d imagine I’d be blocked immediately and then maybe have a lovely rant about trolls on her page. She is so condescending 🤬🤬

Reactions: 4
I cringe when I see insta huns re-posting someone else singing their praises, pretending they're thanking them.
No hun, if you wanted to thank them you could do it privately, you're just blowing your own trumpet and come across as a right tool.

Reactions: 5
I am so confused by all this. I thought since she is an emergency worker she’s allowed to come home? There’s bucketloads of people doing the same- legally. Is there some reason why she’s not?
My BIL is a detective but he’s alllowed travel home. His daughter is a nurse in London, she’s allowed travel. I’m confused why isn’t Lisa?

I am confused why your family members are travelling home to Ireland from the UK during a pandemic?

Reactions: 8
I am confused why your family members are travelling home to Ireland from the UK during a pandemic?
They’re deemed essential services and are allowed to. One works across both countries and the other is a Mum who works 3x a week in London.
I’m not going to qualify it/ it’s allowed and whilst it may be frustrating to the rest of us who can’t travel it’s not illegal? It’s considered essential travel.

I genuinely don’t get the issue with Lisa.

If you work across both countries and it's essential then alright but when Ireland cancelled flights with the UK they also said no to essential travel.

Members are reminded to be respectful when disagreeing with others, no fighting on threads - Please read our rules and why they're important
They’re deemed essential services and are allowed to. One works across both countries and the other is a Mum who works 3x a week in London.
I’m not going to qualify it/ it’s allowed and whilst it may be frustrating to the rest of us who can’t travel it’s not illegal? It’s considered essential travel.

I genuinely don’t get the issue with Lisa.
It was NOT ESSENTIAL TRAVEL. There was a full UK travel ban in place because ya know -people are dying! Honestly, it’s actually staggering at this stage how plain stupid people are. It’s no wonder our country is in the state it’s in. Worst 14 day incidence rate per capita in the world and I’m still reading tit like this. Have a word with yourself because your ignorance is a public health risk

It is though? Deemed essential by Ireland. It actually doesn’t matter if we agree with it not, it is deemed that.
I’m not a huge fan of Lisa, I just think we’re dragging her over the coals for something that is maybe ethically questionable but not illegal.
54,000 people came in over the 3week period in December. She’s been tested and wearing PPE more than almost all of them. By any stretch, she’d be the safes to have in the country.

I don’t need to “have a word with myself”- genuinely not trying to cause an uproar, it just seems so ridiculous.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Yeah people's ignorance is shocking. In other countries you'd be in hotel quarantine for two weeks which would make you realise fairly quickly you don't actually need to travel.

Also all travel from the UK was not allowed at that time, essential or not. She only got in becaue there's no border with NI.

She could have picked up covid on the plane or in the airport so its irrelevant that she wears PPE.

Last edited:
If there was
It is though? Deemed essential by Ireland. It actually doesn’t matter if we agree with it not, it is deemed that.
I’m not a huge fan of Lisa, I just think we’re dragging her over the coals for something that is maybe ethically questionable but not illegal.
54,000 people came in over the 3week period in December. She’s been tested and wearing PPE more than almost all of them. By any stretch, she’d be the safes to have in the country.

I don’t need to “have a word with myself”- genuinely not trying to cause an uproar, it just seems so ridiculous.
If it wasn’t illegal or against government regulations, why did she sneak in through the North instead of flying into Dublin?

Reactions: 4
If there was

If it wasn’t illegal or against government regulations, why did she sneak in through the North instead of flying into Dublin?

Because they capped flights into Ireland? I’m not trying to start a fight with you- I swear. Flight were capped, so lots of people took another option. It’s not right (in my mind- and clearly yours) but it is a back door that exists. It’s only been today that the two cmo’s of the north and south have issued a joint statement asking people not to travel cross border. But it’s still not illegal if you’re deemed essential

Because they capped flights into Ireland? I’m not trying to start a fight with you- I swear. Flight were capped, so lots of people took another option. It’s not right (in my mind- and clearly yours) but it is a back door that exists. It’s only been today that the two cmo’s of the north and south have issued a joint statement asking people not to travel cross border. But it’s still not illegal if you’re deemed essential
Flights were banned from the UK (and South Africa) This is common knowledge. Google it. There were a small number of emergency repatriation flights only, everything else was banned.