Dr Lisa Cunningham

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Formerly Dr Mammy Guthrie on Instagram.
Emergency medicine doctor from Mayo, currently undergoing professional training in the UK. Recently signed up to a collaborations agency, for reasons unclear to everyone 😐.

I'm very sad to see her sell out. Is no one safe!

Reactions: 10
Formerly Dr Mammy Guthrie on Instagram.
Emergency medicine doctor from Mayo, currently undergoing professional training in the UK. Recently signed up to a collaborations agency, for reasons unclear to everyone 😐.

I'm very sad to see her sell out. Is no one safe!
Only started following her a few months ago. Disappointed to see the spon con already after signing up to the agency. I found her content and her job really interesting before now. Thought she might be one of the genuine ones.

Reactions: 8
Found a real shift after she moved to agency. Thought the medical stuff turned form informative to a bit cocky? Maybe just me. Never once seen her sharing the brand of sanitizer she was SP yesterday in all her covid shares .. jury is out but will be interested to see what’s next. Why does the medical council allow medical professionals to be paid for specific brands of products should it not be an issue ?

Reactions: 5
I really like her. Great role model for women in medicine. Has a young family but didn’t stop her going to the UK for her dream placement. Lots of useful information. Love the Irish. Great advocate for breastfeeding and homebirths. Very honest too.

However I was a little disappointed and confused to see the hand sanitiser collab. Hope her Instagram isn’t bombarded with collabs now. Unfortunately this is usually when I unfollow. And that it not something I want to do with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really like her too but I found it odd that she hasn't really explained why she decided to join an agency besides the unsaid obvious (more money). All she said was "it'll bring my medical chats to a wider audience". No mention of ads and sponsored posts then! Bit disingenuous.

Reactions: 4
Ya I was surprised when she announced it, I’ve followed for a long time and was always raving about her to my friends. She said that nothing would really change with her page which made me wonder why she’d bother joining and agency at all. Then BAM the ad came involving the child. It’s usually around now that I unfollow too. I don’t know why I’m so disappointed in her more than others. Should we expect her to provide content for free?! Maybe the problem is with me, I don’t know. I need to think about this a bit more.

Ya I was surprised when she announced it, I’ve followed for a long time and was always raving about her to my friends. She said that nothing would really change with her page which made me wonder why she’d bother joining and agency at all. Then BAM the ad came involving the child. It’s usually around now that I unfollow too. I don’t know why I’m so disappointed in her more than others. Should we expect her to provide content for free?! Maybe the problem is with me, I don’t know. I need to think about this a bit more.
I just don’t think medical professionals should ethically do ads for things that we use for health or wellbeing. Whatever about an insta hun or dopey aoibhe Devlin all of a sudden by the ways taking every vitamin known to man or trying to push vitamin D on us, a doctor or medical professional who used to use their platform to teach or educate and then they take payment from a brand whether it’s for vitamins or supplements or deodorant or sanitizer - surely that’s sending a message of the genera public having trusted that person as a medical professional and believing then that the product must be worth it or necessary etc. That’s where I see the issue ? Like you said you found Lisa’s stuff informative, so would you now feel that that’s the best sanitiser going because a doctor, and not any doctor - Lisa the one you trust, is selling the brand. Maybe not you because you’re wise to insta, but I just feel they are using the trust we have in them as a medic to then sell tit along side their name. Dr Laura took a very slippery slope and she’s laughable as a GP now. I honestly am disappointed at Lisa. I would have more respect if she was selling jeans or a jumper, then she isn’t selling her career or profession to flog an ad.

I like Lisa, her content is informative and evidence based. She’s clearly hard working as well as being a family person too. I think she is a good role model.

I don’t think it should be any surprise that she has done an ad after joining the agency, it’s a collaborations agency, so it’s clear what they are about. I don’t see any issue advertising something non-medical like hand sanitizer, it’s not like she’s going to be prescribing it so I don’t see a conflict of interest. And to be fair they do seem like a decent brand given their response to the issue for schools when the other hand sanitizer they were using was pulled.
I don’t have an issue with doing ads as such, as long as that is not all her content consists of. I guess it remains to be seen how things develop and whether we’ll see her continuing to advertise things that that are consistent with her profile or not and if the ads take over. If she goes down the advertising frozen veg line it probably won’t do her any favours with her followers.

Reactions: 6
Found a real shift after she moved to agency. Thought the medical stuff turned form informative to a bit cocky? Maybe just me. Never once seen her sharing the brand of sanitizer she was SP yesterday in all her covid shares .. jury is out but will be interested to see what’s next. Why does the medical council allow medical professionals to be paid for specific brands of products should it not be an issue ?
Can’t say I noticed the shift to be honest, I thinks she only with them a couple of weeks... anyway, I’d still have faith in her being fairly honest in what she endorses, I can’t see her advertising voduz or any thing like that. Fingers crossed anyway. 😂

Reactions: 4
It doesn’t sit well with me at all when medical professionals are flogging something, but what made me unfollow her yesterday was that her very first ad had her child in it. There was no need for him to be in that picture, he can’t give consent and I have an intense dislike for instagrammers who use their kids to advertise things.

Reactions: 5
It doesn’t sit well with me at all when medical professionals are flogging something, but what made me unfollow her yesterday was that her very first ad had her child in it. There was no need for him to be in that picture, he can’t give consent and I have an intense dislike for instagrammers who use their kids to advertise things.
This is exactly it. Sell us jeans or sell us make up. But anything that comes under health or wellbeing I really don’t think it’s fair to get someone to sell that because of their profession. And no need for kids. Would nearly prefer Lisa to be selling voduz to be honest then I would know a brand isn’t trying to manipulate sales because of the qualifications and work of the influencer. Doireann and Lisa for the hand wash gel. Do you see what I mean? It’s like asking a dentist to sell us spotlight tooth brush. It’s tacky. Keep insta for make up and clothes and maybe people won’t feel manipulated

Reactions: 1
This is exactly it. Sell us jeans or sell us make up. But anything that comes under health or wellbeing I really don’t think it’s fair to get someone to sell that because of their profession. And no need for kids. Would nearly prefer Lisa to be selling voduz to be honest then I would know a brand isn’t trying to manipulate sales because of the qualifications and work of the influencer. Doireann and Lisa for the hand wash gel. Do you see what I mean? It’s like asking a dentist to sell us spotlight tooth brush. It’s tacky. Keep insta for make up and clothes and maybe people won’t feel manipulated
Yea actually, you make a good point.

I have to say I love Lisa! She is very down to earth and so hard working. She is I think qualified as consultant emergency medicine doctor.... That's a pretty big deal. But she doesn't have the airs and graces Dr Doireann has... Who was barely qualified but acted as if she is the main authority on all things medical. The work and sacrafice Lisa has had to do to advance her career which she seems genuinely excited and passionate about - all while raising a family! If he does the odd sponsored post I see no issue....hand sanitiser is on brand and seems relevant. I say fair play to her!

Reactions: 17
Love Dr Lisa, she's one of my favourites, tbh I was a bit disappointed when seen she signed with an agency and done the ad on sanitiser but after reading few comments here made me think again, she puts a lot of work into her Instagram, very informative, she's the complete polar opposite to Dr doireann and Dr laura who I swiftly unfollowed. As some of ye said if she sticks to her brand, not sell out and keeps her account the way it is now I'll still be following. Fair play to her to get to where she is now, she's great!

Love Dr Lisa, she's one of my favourites, tbh I was a bit disappointed when seen she signed with an agency and done the ad on sanitiser but after reading few comments here made me think again, she puts a lot of work into her Instagram, very informative, she's the complete polar opposite to Dr doireann and Dr laura who I swiftly unfollowed. As some of ye said if she sticks to her brand, not sell out and keeps her account the way it is now I'll still be following. Fair play to her to get to where she is now, she's great!

I completely ageee

Reactions: 2
Sometimes I haven't a clue what she is saying as gaeilge, fair play to her so much more relatable.

I like her, she's local to me and very nice in person too.
But I'm really disappointed she's gone down this route.
She does botox on the side too, is that not enough of an extra earner without selling out to ads.

Reactions: 3
I like her, she's local to me and very nice in person too.
But I'm really disappointed she's gone down this route.
She does botox on the side too, is that not enough of an extra earner without selling out to ads.
I was going to say I thought her forehead looked incredibly smooth, but then realised you meant she administers is 😮. I thought it was only dentists who used to do it on the side. Her husband seems nice too but looks like a big age difference between them

I was going to say I thought her forehead looked incredibly smooth, but then realised you meant she administers is 😮. I thought it was only dentists who used to do it on the side. Her husband seems nice too but looks like a big age difference between them
There is definitely a few years between them, she answered that question in a Q&A before but I can’t remember the exact difference, it’s at least 10 years I think. I didn’t know she administered Botox but she is open about getting done herself and her lips.

Reactions: 2
Yes she has botox and fillers too, she's very open about it, I think it's up on her stories.
The filler could have been something to do with her jaw I can't really remember. It's very natural looking. A lot of people get botox and you would never know unless told.