Dr Lisa Cunningham

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll reference whatever I want, if that’s ok with you. Hilary just shat on a whole spectrum of people from a height and she is emaciated. When she stops posting pictures of herself all over the internet in manic ways to make herself look even thinner, I’ll stop commenting. Until then, I’ll express my opinion as I see fit. I wonder does she carry her nasty, arrogant opinions of people who live in housing estates into work with her?
Honestly i think youre reading too much into it - i think she meant Karens who aren't experts should get back to more Karen appropriate activities such as facebook groups for residents associations and let the experts do the talking.

Just my reading of it (as someone who is saving for a deposit for a house in an estate)

Reactions: 8
Honestly i think youre reading too much into it - i think she meant Karens who aren't experts should get back to more Karen appropriate activities such as facebook groups for residents associations and let the experts do the talking.

Just my reading of it (as someone who is saving for a deposit for a house in an estate)
Why are you trying to excuse the inexcusable? Hilary could have simply said that she had a problem with people who aren’t qualified to comment on Covid but she didn’t. She went off on one, using very specific, toxic stereotypes about people living in housing estates and with low grades in Junior Cert science as though she’s somehow superior and that cohort of people are clearly beneath her. There’s no justifying that sort of classist nonsense. None

Reactions: 3
Is there any need to reference her body size?
To be fair, you've commented on people's body previously too.
Dr. Hilary is extremely thin and in my opinion it's very irresponsible of her as a medical professional to manipulate herself as she does to a huge, probably young and impressional and female audience. When you're making your platform very deliberately about your body, it's difficult not to comment.

Reactions: 4
I have really great time for Hilary but I am 100% biased bc she treated me (complete stranger) in Cork years ago and was so nice and normal. I think her point was that she’s not even qualified enough to make comments on public health despite being a senior hospital doctor so no one should be sprouting on FB when the most experience they have in the field is JC science.

and I didn’t give a shite how thin she was or how much makeup she was wearing etc when she saved my life.

So she has free reign to insult people just because she does a job she’s paid to do? Get the boat!

Reactions: 2
She referenced that she isn’t qualified to talk about it so I don’t see any harm in it. I really enjoy following her to be honest with the exception of the Taylor swift obsession; breath of fresh air and no monetising

Reactions: 6
Why are you trying to excuse the inexcusable? Hilary could have simply said that she had a problem with people who aren’t qualified to comment on Covid but she didn’t. She went off on one, using very specific, toxic stereotypes about people living in housing estates and with low grades in Junior Cert science as though she’s somehow superior and that cohort of people are clearly beneath her. There’s no justifying that sort of classist nonsense. None
Im not trying to excuse anything and i dont think is inexcusable. Just explaining how i understood it... goes to show how fickle text can be... we both read the exact same words, youre outraged at the perceived snobbery and i think theres nothing in it!

I have really great time for Hilary but I am 100% biased bc she treated me (complete stranger) in Cork years ago and was so nice and normal. I think her point was that she’s not even qualified enough to make comments on public health despite being a senior hospital doctor so no one should be sprouting on FB when the most experience they have in the field is JC science.

and I didn’t give a shite how thin she was or how much makeup she was wearing etc when she saved my life.
What a deadly reason to have such bias!

Im not trying to excuse anything and i dont think is inexcusable. Just explaining how i understood it... goes to show how fickle text can be... we both read the exact same words, youre outraged at the perceived snobbery and i think theres nothing in it!

What a deadly reason to have such bias!
No “perceived snobbery” on my behalf thanks so you can spare me the passive aggressive comments. Her remarks were completely condescending, mean and self-righteous. That’s just a fact. Why is she assuming that people talking about Covid must be “fighting in your Done Deal and housing estate Facebook groups” ?

Look I think calling someone emancipated, a snob and a witch is way out of line and it’s posts like those that give this website a bad reputation.
I couldn’t care less what you think and besides, who are you to go policing what anyone says here? If you’re offended by someone being called a snob, you’re in for a shock if you read some of the other threads

Last edited:
No “perceived snobbery” on my behalf thanks so you can spare me the passive aggressive comments. Her remarks were completely condescending, mean and self-righteous. That’s just a fact. Why is she assuming that people talking about Covid must be “fighting in your Done Deal and housing estate Facebook groups” ?

I couldn’t care less what you think and besides, who are you to go policing what anyone says here? If you’re offended by someone being called a snob, you’re in for a shock if you read some of the other threads
Genuinely was no passive agressiveness to my comment. Seriously i dont be coming on tattle to act like that!.

You perceived snobbery i perceived no snobbery.

I have a similar conversation with someone on the Garrihy thread a while back.

I just think its interesting to note that while text should be the simplest way of communicating, it isnt always. Facts are we both read the same thing and had opposite interpretations of it.

Anyway this thread has been derailed to the point of posts being deleted id imagine. Lets get back on topic of Lisa the melt. Her use of irish wrecks my head.feels like a desperate attempt to give herself an 'edge'

Reactions: 2
It’s abundantly clear that Hilary’s remarks were derogatory. To suggest otherwise is completely disingenuous

“This is our collective responsibility as a society” Pardon my French but f**k off,
Lisa! You hypocritical gowl!

Wow, she's criticising Clare Byrne for breaking restrictions to do her job and doesn't make the connection that she herself broke restrictions to return to Ireland for Christmas.
She really does believe it's one rule for her as a doctor and another for the rest of us.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Wow, she's criticising Clare Byrne for breaking restrictions to do her job and doesn't make the connection that she herself broke restrictions to return to Ireland for Christmas.
She really does believe it's one rule for her as a doctor and another for the rest of us.
She’s unbelievable!! Somebody get this woman a halo🤣 And ignore the fact that she will continue to travel over and back here via Belfast as and when it suits her🙈

Im sure her own appearances(in her gorge uniform🤣🤣)on Claire Byrne boosted her IG following no end. I’m no fan of RTÉ but perhaps the footage shown last night might make more people start to take the lockdown etc more seriously. Anything that convinces more people to stay at home and to cop onto themselves is a good thing right now.

Reactions: 9
This is what annoys me.
‘I’m a doctor so I can break the rules’

such bleeping privilege notions

• Heart
What the actual duck is she on about this morning?
I’ll just go against official advice and come home for Xmas! Then has the cheek to rant on about a TV programme in a hospital and pics of her colleagues on the internet. It’s ok though cause she is a big fancy Dr on Instagram.The level of notions😡

Very disappointed on her attitude, I think the people need harsh reality. When the showed inside the hospitals in italy last year it frightened us and we kept our numbers low.

She has become unbearably sanctimonious the past few days. Who does she actually think she is. Absolute notions.

Reactions: 8
She never ceases to amaze me. I think she has no insight into her own behaviour if she’s pontificating like she is at present.

journalism is essential work as it’s about spreading awareness and keeping the public uptodate. The journalists are outside government buildings too which is outside their 5K.

I was sceptical about the show last night and had a few peeves, I wondered was is right to have a journalist walk through ED and learn how to put on PPE. But then they said that some relatives will make it in to say a goodbye to a loved one and they will have to put on all the PPE. Also, lots of people chilling at home right now are yet to become sick, if seeing the PPE and isolation rooms in advance helped to reduce some of the shock in coming into hospital- I think that is helpful.

I have a brother who always wants to come to my parents house for lunch/ dinner. Lately they told him it’s not safe but he arrived at their door anyway and they don’t want to fight with him. It upsets me so much because my dad is in the vulnerable group. I think the ICU nurse was amazing at delivering the message of how important it is to never ever leave your guard down. I’m going to ask my parents and brother to watch it on the player.

now let’s just pretend that Lisa didn’t sneak into Ireland through Belfast while illegally leaving a tier 4 area after she preached about covid for months to thousands of people... let’s just pretend that didn’t happen.

When we were in lockdown 1, didn’t she travel across the country to appear on the late late so she could imitate that cat that got the queen (mad for the attention)?! So did she not travel? Was her appearance in person really that helpful to the public? Could it not have been virtual- zoom etc?

I think she declared she was against the Claire Byrne show yesterday and just like when she broke travel restrictions before Christmas- she wasn’t going to admit she was wrong.

fact- show was actually tastefully done.

fact- Lisa is a hypocrite in so many ways it’s not even funny.

I find her the opposite of genuine now and yet she keeps up this “Cailin Mammy of the people” and never misses an opportunity to try and garner sympathy.

it’s nauseating!

Reactions: 16
Nauseating is the only word! Her stories disgusted me - the absolute hypocrisy out of her. Talking about that’s not how you get people to stay at home and equality and fairness when she used a back up plan (or however she phrased) it to come home for Christmas when so many other stayed in the UK and looked at her stories thinking how unfair she was being.

She’s actually done what I didn’t think was possible and annoyed me more than any other blogger, at least when they breach restrictions they’re not speaking out of both sides of their mouths (for the most part).

Reactions: 5