Dr Jessica Taylor #8 'Allo 'Allo - it's the tall poppy with the big boobies!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more excerpts she posts, the worse it gets. It sounds cheesy as duck and is all "look how deep and intellectual I am".

The bit of audio book she posted was awful. If it's a comedy book, she should have at least got someone funny to record it.

She's just not funny, like she thinks she is.

She's never mentioned religious parents before, and I feel it's defo something she would have had a lot of opinions on.

Reactions: 8
She’s at the mental age of a teenager and wants to make out she was this unappreciated genius. I don’t blame her for being abused as a teenager and desperately wishing things had been different. I do blame her for the way she bullies others as an adult

Reactions: 7
Dead religious parents is a new one. She didn't go to a faith school and has never mentioned having to go to church before. Also, how many people remember, verbatim, things they said while stoned as a teen?
Her writing is pure mediocrity.

Reactions: 6
She’s at the mental age of a teenager and wants to make out she was this unappreciated genius. I don’t blame her for being abused as a teenager and desperately wishing things had been different. I do blame her for the way she bullies others as an adult
I don't believe she was abused

It’s also pure fiction. Like that conversation ever happened 🙄 It reminds me of this.
View attachment 2837876
Absolutely. We all know from previous books that she mines trauma from other people and writes about it without their consent. It's a pretty common characteristic among highly narcissistic people. I don't believe a word she says.

I'm a great proponent of hearing more working class female voices but she is not it. Anyone who has lived the sort of life she's aping can spot the lies a mile off.

I'm a great proponent of hearing more working class female voices but she is not it. Anyone who has lived the sort of life she's aping can spot the lies a mile off.
Exactly. I grew up on a council estate and was a looked after child. I now work on the front line with young people who have experienced trauma and are living the kind of lives she writes about. These books are written for middle class people who have no experience of situations like this. She mines other people’s stories to get attention, glory and money.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That excerpt reads very much like the story I wrote for my GCSE English coursework. I was a teenager trying to be edgy.

• Haha
Exactly. I grew up on a council estate and was a looked after child. I now work on the front line with young people who have experienced trauma and are living the kind of lives she writes about. These books are written for middle class people who have no experience of situations like this. She mines other people’s stories to get attention, glory and money.
Yes, I find it pretty insulting the implication that everyone from a council estate is stupid and has no hope, apart from her, because she’s so amazing and super intelligent. I grew up on a midlands council estate, went to the worst school in the region. Myself and many of my class mates have done pretty well, academically and professionally without the need to constantly bang on about our origins or belittle others coming from the same environment.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Another working class, adopted (narrowly avoided foster care) kid who grew up on a council estate here. I'm glad we all see her for what she is.

• Heart
Yes, I find it pretty insulting the implication that everyone from a council estate is stupid and has no hope, apart from her, because she’s so amazing and super intelligent. I grew up on a midlands council estate, went to the worst school in the region. Myself and many of my class mates have done pretty well, academically and professionally without the need to constantly bang on about our origins or belittle others coming from the same environment.
It's like when she wrote:

IMG_6836.jpeg

There’s nothing wrong with having an accent or speaking in a regional dialect, but being working-class doesn’t mean you swear in a professional environment or that you inherently mispronounce words. She is so patronising!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
She’s a snob who thinks she is superior. The way she talks about council estates makes me wonder if she ever actually set foot on one or if she just watched Shameless to mine information for her origin story.

Reactions: 11
"I CAN BE a psychologist and a victim! A feminist and critical of feminism! Working class and a genius! A mother of two teenagers and a young woman oppressed by nasty middle-aged hags!" Same old same old

• Haha
I thought it was a comedy? I've not read one funny bit yet.

I wonder if the pre order thing is because she's bought a ton herself. Wasn't that someone's hack to get onto the best seller list?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.