Dr Jessica Taylor #8 'Allo 'Allo - it's the tall poppy with the big boobies!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, all intelligent young women on council estates plan to become strippers so they can buy as much lambrini as they want šŸ™„

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Yes, all intelligent young women on council estates plan to become strippers so they can buy as much lambrini as they want šŸ™„
Which begs the question why didn't she? She's playing to the stereotype

Which begs the question why didn't she? She's playing to the stereotype
Whenever she talks about her past itā€™s always filled with cliches and stereotypes which makes me question the honesty of it all. It reads like what someone who has never experienced it thinks living in poverty on a council estate is like. It reeks of snobbery and looking down on people born into poverty.

Reactions: 14
Whenever she talks about her past itā€™s always filled with cliches and stereotypes which makes me question the honesty of it all. It reads like what someone who has never experienced it thinks living in poverty on a council estate is like. It reeks of snobbery and looking down on people born into poverty.
I doubt very much there was ever a boy called Simpo, and she probably got the fake limp from The Usual Suspects

I've met her dad and he seemed solidly working class to me, I don't think she's a middle class woman pretending to be working class.

However I don't believe a word she says, having seen how much she lies up close, and totally agree it reads like badly written fiction. Working class - yes. "Underclass"? I doubt it.

Like so many of Jessica's lies, I expect there's some truth buried somewhere in it, which she's then twisted and embellished with outrageous lies, placing her as the hero-victim of every story.

I expect she's going to upset a whole new bunch of people who recognise themselves in the book but think "hang on that's not what happened".

Reactions: 17
So now she's so firmly against medicine that she refuses to get her dog spayed, even after she's had a phantom pregnancy. That's just cruel.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
So sheā€™s moving into comedy and now writing screenplays. Is there anything this massive brain canā€™t do?

More and more she reminds me of this fictional attention seeking fantasist.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So sheā€™s moving into comedy and now writing screenplays. Is there anything this massive brain canā€™t do?

More and more she reminds me of this fictional attention seeking fantasist.
I was going to post about her new venture but couldn't stop laughing.

• Haha
Unusual for someone without a background in screen writing to be commissioned unless it's very specific or there's some synergistic benefit.

I suppose if I were a male celebrity accused by media of some sort of wrongdoing with women or men it would be a really edgy angle to get a feminist with a platform on victim blaming to write a drama about it. To flip the narrative as it were re who is the victim. Cancel culture. Celebrity trauma. Themes of underdogs. Might be a real selling point to Hollywood if celebrity was ethnic minority.

Reactions: 5
I saw this and wondered ā€œwhoā€™s the commissionerā€? Herself?
Has she been telling porkies about her experience again?

Reactions: 2
It'll probably amount to a TV show discussing consent or victim blaming and she's been asked to write a short 2min re-enactment to demonstrate it.

If the excerpts of her new book are anything to go by, I struggle to believe anyone has asked her to write a TV show or anything like that, unless it channel 5 or some random free view thing on channel 987.

It'll probably amount to a TV show discussing consent or victim blaming and she's been asked to write a short 2min re-enactment to demonstrate it.

If the excerpts of her new book are anything to go by, I struggle to believe anyone has asked her to write a TV show or anything like that, unless it channel 5 or some random free view thing on channel 987.
I suspect it may be to do with her asking Noel Clarke (whose alleged victims clearly arenā€™t worth her ā€˜focusā€™) to ā€˜dm herā€™ recently. Jaimi reposted something he wrote also. So in true JT fashion itā€™s likely a twisting of the truth.

I thought she was writing a comedy? I thought she said the book was comedy!
I reckon itā€™s not quite the comedy she was hoping for.

Reactions: 2
I thought she was writing a comedy? I thought she said the book was comedy!
I reckon itā€™s not quite the comedy she was hoping for.
I donā€™t know - those quotes when she canā€™t remember what she was supposed to be make her look like an absolute šŸ¤”

I wonder if it will be filed with misery memoirs?

• Haha
I'm so tempted to order it to my audible just to leave an Amazon review, but don't want her getting a sale

Cant find a news article about the lady setting herself on fire, yet other articles come up about housefires in Stoke, even from 2008. I'm not saying something like that would never/has never happened, but it just feels off because everything Jess writes is somehow simultaneously sensationalised and flippant.

It's like a long quickfire list of hey, look at all these AWFUL things that happened for the shock factor. As many awful things as I can think! Quick! Go! Now!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.