Dr Jessica Taylor #8 'Allo 'Allo - it's the tall poppy with the big boobies!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so tempted to order it to my audible just to leave an Amazon review, but don't want her getting a sale
If you return it then they lose the money I think? Would check this (so she doesn’t profit) but it’s why they discourage returns and why the site limits them

Reactions: 2
every excerpt i read of this memoir becomes more ‘needless to say i had the last laugh’ than partridge himself

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If you return it then they lose the money I think? Would check this (so she doesn’t profit) but it’s why they discourage returns and why the site limits them
She is narrating and I really can't stand her flat voice so will give it a miss

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She’s obsessed with thinking she’s special and unique because “I’m a psychologist AND a victim! A feminist AND critical of feminism! Working class AND an academic! A teenage mum AND successful! No one has ever been both except me!” It’s laughable

So desperate to feel special. I wonder if the underclass baseball hat will be merchandise she will try and flog.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It gets better 🤣
Oh god that's truly awful.

Didn't the publisher describe the book as a "series of vignettes"? Meaning, there's no narrative arc, just a load of this utterly shallow nonsense.

I can't believe I ever took her seriously!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That’s just straightforwardly bad writing. All those extra details would get crossed out at gcse level because it’s so jarring and unnecessary.
Also engagement on her posts is so far from what it was. She’s going to have to buy a lot of copies herself for this to get on any ‘bestseller’ chart…

Reactions: 9
"No one really expects the PhD scholar to turn up to work in a lowered sports car with the sound system up."

1. During my own PhD and all subsequent jobs in academia I never gave a single thought to how anyone else arrived at the building. I doubt other people did either.

2. If anyone at UoB did care about Jessica's car, it won't have been because she was a "driving contradiction", it will have been because the extremely limited student parking is a 15 minute walk away from the psychology department, so for her to "turn up to work" in a sports car she must have been driving it into the foyer. That's the only way anyone could have seen what she drove.

But no, in Jessica's mind everyone must have been fixated on her every move as she blasted 'Strongly and Successfully' into their midst, so of course they were shocked by her car. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
When you're the main character in every moment of every day of course people are gonna stare. #welljell

• Haha
She is a spectacularly awful writer. I can't believe this is getting published. The narcissism reeks through the prose

The only book of hers I’ve attempted to read was her first one and it was so badly written I couldn’t finish it. At the time I thought this was because she had just taken her academic writing and barely edited it other than repeating herself.
She is a shockingly bad writer, she really does write like a 13 year old who thinks they are going to set the world alight and be the most important person who ever existed.

Her writing is pedestrian gash. I really love memoirs by working class women, we hear their voices so rarely. This embarassing narcissistic mess isn't it.

Reactions: 9
Maybe it’s for the best this is being published because it screams narcissism to even the most casual reader. You don’t need evil “feminists” attacking you when you are tanking your own credibility

Is she self publishing? I can’t believe that any publishers would be on board with this. It’s not even as if she has the reach and engagement that she had a few years ago. So many people have seen behind the mask. If this book doesn’t do this for her remaining fans I don’t know what will.

Reactions: 5
Maybe it’s for the best this is being published because it screams narcissism to even the most casual reader. You don’t need evil “feminists” attacking you when you are tanking your own credibility
It's incredible to me that she still has support

Reactions: 5
Is she self publishing? I can’t believe that any publishers would be on board with this. It’s not even as if she has the reach and engagement that she had a few years ago. So many people have seen behind the mask. If this book doesn’t do this for her remaining fans I don’t know what will.
It's a real publisher!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It is clearly going to be a work of fiction that anybody in her life will remember very differently. How much will she further damage her boys with this?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.